A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Radiation Oncology: 36 Gy is not necessary, and lowering the dose to 25 to "thirty sixty" - traci

Posted: Jun 05, 2010

It may be that a total dose of 36 Gy is not necessary, and lowering the dose to 25 to 30/60 may be an appropriate approach, if there is a CR to chemotherapy.

perhaps he is saying . . . - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
lowering the dose to 25 from 36 may be . . .

Similar Messages:

Radiation Dose Reporting - Sm
Jul 21, 2014

Regarding the DLP - I've seen it written variously mGy-cm, mGy•cm and mGy.cm.   Becuase it's a product, my inclination is think that the second (with the dot used as in mathmetical publications to indicate multiplication) is correct but just not sure.  Anyone have a definitive answer & reference?   Thanks :)  ...

Help With Radiation Oncology Dictation
Dec 11, 2014

The patient has alopecia of the scalp with s. l. ECTAP in place.   Thanks  ...

T2N0P(i)? Need Help On Radiation Oncology Dictation!
Oct 09, 2011

I am working on a radiation oncology dictation and the MD is stating that a breast tumor is measuring s/l T2N0P(i)...I am familiar with the first part of this cancer staging (the T-N part) but can't seem to find any reference to the second portion.  It really sounds like he is saying "P."  I see it referenced as a lowercase p but can't figure it out for sure.  He dictated the lowercase "i" being in parentheses too, but I can't find any reference for that either! An ...

Radiation Oncology, Patient Fitted With A "C Plus" Custom Head Rest.
Nov 17, 2010

:) ...

On Radiation Oncology Simulation...Two "dento Rows" Were Placed In The Left Groin Fold.
Oct 15, 2010

She was placed on a pillow with Styrofoam, and her hands were positioned high by holding handles across on her chest.  Two dental _ were placed in the left groin fold. ...

In Radiation Oncology Simulation: "matchline" Or "match-line" ??
Nov 21, 2011

The matchline was determined. Wires were placed over the entrance and exit points of the tangential beam, as well as the matchline. ...

Pulsed-dose/pulse Dose/pulsed Dose Fashion??
Jun 05, 2013

Hi, Its being said the patient wants to take Lamisil in a pulsed dose situation.  I was wondering if a hyphen is needed or not between 'pulsed' and 'dose'; or is it just 'a pulse dose' fashion?? Help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance! ...

Pulse Dose Or Pulsed Dose
Dec 07, 2010

We will give the patient a pulse dose (or pulsed dose?) of 20 mg IM Lasix. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

I Wonder If They Would Consider Lowering MT Line Count Requirements Now
Apr 17, 2015

I mean, we bottom of the barrel scum certainly can't be held to the same standards as these lofty experts, right?  ...

Thirty Minutes Of Dictation Per Week. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

I am applying at a company that requires at least 30 minutes of transcription a week.  As an estimate, how many hours would you say this is equivalent to?  Thanks in advance. ...

Thirty-two Million Americans Wil Be On New Healthcare Plan
Jun 29, 2012

How Do You Write, Twenty-two Hundred And Thirty-three Milliseconds? Completely Dumb About It. Nm
Mar 24, 2012

nm ...

Not Dictating Mg With Dose...what To Do?
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor is not including the word mg with doses of medication. Do I just transcribe what I hear or insert it? IE- simvastatin 10, vitamin E 400 b.i.d., metformin 850 b.i.d., ibuprofen 400 p.r.n ...

Methotrexate Dose?
Aug 23, 2010

I'm having a little trouble with this medication dictation.   "3.  Methotrexate 25 mg/mL 0.9 cc weekly injection."  Then she says "4 needles 1 mL (s/l u or unit)/125 g1." What I can't figure out is if she is saying 4 needles or if she is dictating the #4 and "needles" is a medication that I can't find a match to online.  Can anyone shed some light here, please? ...

Necon Dose
Oct 27, 2011

The doctor is clearly saying Necon 1-4-slash-325, but I am finding the dose to be 1/35. ...

Medication Dose - O.a. O.d.
Nov 16, 2013

doctor is listing medications, Lasix 40 mg daily, atorvastatin 80 mg daily, Inderal 120 mg o.a. o.d.   has anyone heard of o.a. ?   tia! ...

We Will Get The Recommended Dose Of S/l DVAPT
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Nitroglycerin Dose Translation
Jul 28, 2011

looking for help with dosing verbage:  Dictated:  Nitro one one 50th sublingual.  googled and saw nitro 1 50 but would rather hear from an MT...  Any ideas how to transcribe this?  Thanks in advance for all help.  ...

Pristiq Dose 2 - 25 Mg Daily Or 225 Mg?
Aug 02, 2011

Hey all, I am trying to figure out if Pristiq can be dosed at 225 mg?  The website I use for dosing doesn't say that.  The doctor says, "two twenty-five mg daily."  He doesn't say two hundred and twenty-five mg daily.  However, I see that Pristiq comes in 50 mg, so if the dose was 50 mg why would he say 2 - 25 mg?  LOL!  Just checking to see if anyone has an idea. Thanks, Chris ...

Diabetes Med Dose Timing A.c. And B.s. Wbs
Feb 28, 2014

If a doctor dictates  Glucotrol 10 mg p.o. a.c. and b.s.   - i got the a.c.   but what does the b.s mean?  I thought maybe b.s. was before supper, but that would not make any sense.  before meals and before supper? AND Metformin 1000 mg p.o. WBS - what is WBS and how is it correctly "written"  w.b.s.,  WBS, wbs?? ...

Pt Has A " Thirty Plus Pack Year History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Jun 25, 2010

:) ...

Radiation Therapy
May 24, 2010

Dictator talking about s/l cinegray in reference to radiation therapy!  Help please and thanks! ...

Radiation Fastitis?
Jan 10, 2011

I can't figure out what this word should be.  It s/l fest-itis.  It doesn't sound like fasciitis.  Do any of you know what it might be? Postprocedure Diagnoses:  Urinary retention, prostate cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia (obstructive), and radiation fastitis. Thanks! ...

Irradiation Vs Radiation
Apr 18, 2011

Hartmann procedure for radiation OR irradiation of the pelvis...? ...

Radiation..please See Message
Jul 08, 2011

The patient has cervical cancer.  Doc says:  On discussion with her radiation therapist, she is currently on 3.6 of planned 4.5 s/l sentigrade.  TIA! ...

Very Concenrated Urine With Greater Than "ten Thirty" Concentration
Jul 20, 2010

How would you write out ten thirty?  Thanks! ...

Titrate Nitroglycerin Dose To Pink 3???
Nov 10, 2010

nm ...

Psych Medication S/l: BENAP (dose 12 Mg P.o. Q.a.m. And 18 Mg P.o. Q.h.s.)
Jun 04, 2013

pt. has delusional thoughts, depression and difficulty concentrating.  drugs include s/l: BENAP (dose 12 mg p.o. q.a.m. and 18 mg p.o. q.h.s.) thanks for any help! ...

Radiation Therapy Terminology? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

Anyone know of a good site(s) to get in-depth radiation therapy terminology?  I have about 50 jobs in queue and have never typed it!  Thought I'd ask here if anyone has a site they like while I continue to look for one.  Thanks a million for any help!  ...

S/l Typopalo Shock Radiation For
May 26, 2011

nm ...