A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Such a shame when you can see a post, take the - time to respond, and the whole thing is gone. SM

Posted: Dec 21, 2013

The whole  "is it worth it" thread is gone, but response posts still show and people can respond, but  the whole thing is gone.

Why not have a feature that locks that post from even accepting responses after it's been deleted? 

maybe because people are so nasty that its disruptive - like a bunch of tweens

[ In Reply To ..]
When people resort to name calling and personal attacks, the moderators should delete it. This is not middle school!

Exactly which response was nasty?? SM - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
I read the whole thread with all its posts and not one of them was in any way nasty or disrespectful -- just each poster giving his/her own opinion, just as you're doing now.

I read the whole thread too and yes there were - very nasty replies.

[ In Reply To ..]
Like the poster who was directing others not to answer her. It's a shame when you can't even ask a question anymore without someone expecting you to read through months and months of post to make sure you don't ask something someone else might have asked last year. Or the one who was very rude yet in the same sentence talking about internet etiquette.

So, yes there were very nasty posts. From your reply I suspect was I probably answering some of your posts.
That person said something about being on the board - for 2 days, so one could logically SM
[ In Reply To ..]
think that a person would have read some of the posts about how bad this work is and get the hint.

It was also mentioned this was possibly a game played by someone with nothing better to do than bait people with the redundant and inflammatory questions of how much money they could make, how well they type so they knew could do this job, and so on.

New posters dont have to read back many months of posts to see the legitimate complaints of how bad MT is. They can see it in a week's worth of posts at the most.

The original poster was quite rude as well, telling people they bored her. Not a very nice way to treat people who are trying to help with advice.

I personally think it's a game, like the questionnaire-like posts some time ago asking what experience MTs have gained, what have they learned, do they have CMT, and so on.

It's sad that people are posting advice trying to help, and this could possibly be a pathetic attempt at amusement for someone. JMHO.
No, those not nasty by stars history, and nasty has never been entirely - removed before, just the bad ones
[ In Reply To ..]
singled out. I read those - they were not bad at all considering this board's history.
No, they don't have to read the posts for the past year - however
[ In Reply To ..]
They should at least take the time to read the posts that are one/two threads below. That OP reiterated a topic that had literally just been discussed.
It was but it got - pushed off the page
[ In Reply To ..]
pushed off the first page by the big discussion about reporting a doctor for bad dictating habits. I guess it went into archives, and a new person wouldn't know to check archives.
ALL posts are in the archives as well as on these current pages immedately - once posted. off page has nothing to do with arch
[ In Reply To ..]
/
well whatever - it was pushed off the page
[ In Reply To ..]
and to see it you would have to click on the DEC archive thing, and a new person wouldn't know that.

If the thread was not nasty, moderator would not have - deleted it.

[ In Reply To ..]
it was a very nasty thread. People jumping on the OP for asking a simple question.
evidently, the OP asked for the thread to be removed - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The moderator doesn't punish an OP with deletion just because the people who respond are rude.
How it works - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that the OP did this herself.

If the OP deleted her post, which she could have done herself, the post and every post replying to it would have vanished. The moderator did not need to have anything to do with it.

I think it's still there... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

Go to the bottom of the page where it says VIEW ALL and click on "Dec." Only part of December shows at first. You have to click on "Dec" at the bottom to see the whole month.

VIEW ALL: Oct | Nov | Dec

there was another one - more recent

[ In Reply To ..]
and it did get nuked.

Okay. Sorry about the confusion. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

That's the one, supposedly written by a Tammy. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
N M

we just need a sticky at the top of the page - regarding this

[ In Reply To ..]
Right above "what's wrong with offshoring" there should be a sticky called something like "should I go into medical transcription"

why should the OP be deleted just because of some nasty responses? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand why the OP's post got deleted when she was asking an honest question. Just because there's a paranoid contingent on the board that thinks everything is a ruse, a set-up, or a game, why do we have to cater to that and delete an honest post from an inquiring OP?

If I remember correctly, she deleted her initial post herself. - had a line through it but people SM

[ In Reply To ..]
...but people kept the conversation going either asking OP (tammy) questions or responding back and forth to each other.

Why EVERYONE'S posts were deleted is still a mystery. I had one there and never received the standard email from moderator stating why it is removed. they are supposed to do that. got nuttin'.

oh well that makes - sense

[ In Reply To ..]
If the original post was deleted by the author, everything under it was too.
not automatically. just the OP's post is deleted when you yoursel - go back and delete it. the rest stays.
[ In Reply To ..]
Honestly - either way, what's the big deal?
Yes, when the original post is deleted - all responses are deleted
[ In Reply To ..]
When a post is deleted, all replies to it, and replies to them, are also deleted.

thanks for explaining - I feel bad for Tammy

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

SHAME, SHAME..the Month To Date Quality Metrics Tanked And More Threats. Think We
Apr 07, 2015

might just be a little tired after all of this crazy MOT!?!? ...

Shame On You, DSG And Shame On FastChart!
Sep 28, 2012

Stay away from these companies! ...

A Little Shame At Being An MT?
Aug 03, 2012

Does anyone feel this way about being an MT nowadays?  I am in a cycling club with a doctor and a nurse, and I was very reluctant to let them know what I do for a living, mainly because of knowing how poor the quality of transcription has gotten with offshoring, etc.   As a matter of fact, I would have kept quiet about it altogether, but my husband mentioned it at some point during a ride one day.  I was mortified.  It is terrible to not be proud of one's profession. &nb ...

It's A Cryin Shame
Dec 26, 2010

It is horrible and scary to think of the future (or lack thereof) of medical transcription.  All of the MTs I know, including myself have truly liked their job and tried to do the best we could no matter what.  We have all bought books, made notes, go online for research, worked evenings, late nights, holidays and so forth, to accommodate the companies we work for and this is the thanks we get.  Now I know the economy is in the dumper and jobs are scarce everywhere, BUT, we were t ...

Shame On You AHDI
Jul 17, 2012

They try to get you to certify as an MT, join our organization they say, some companies (although not many anymore) want you to be a CMT, yet as I went onto the website to look something up, Indian transcription companies are advertising on the Benchmark website?  How is that supporting the American MTs and you want us to pay you money every year?  Shame on you.  You will never get any of my money or support.  ...

MT Shame For Not Meeting TAT.
Jun 13, 2015

I am so tired of receiving the frantic emails about TAT, I am tired of being on MOT, I am tired of attempts being made to make the MTs feel like it is THEIR fault the POD has the highest number of unedited jobs in the system.  I am tired of groups being blamed for work going out of TAT when the problem is under staffing.  We are human.  We are limited in the amount of production we can crank out.  If high volume is the case for a week or two, I can understand putting in a lit ...

It's A Real Shame That These Big, Bad Monster MTSOs-
Feb 26, 2015

have to offer sign-on incentives to get MTs to apply for work. Obviously they aren't real up on what is being said on these boards about their company and could care less as long as clients are lining their pocket with the money. As long as we work for slave wages nothing is going to change. I am in the same boat as a lot of the MTs, barely getting by. I just had to say... this is my 2 cents worth ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

I Will Not Allow Keystrokes To "shame Me"
Jul 20, 2011

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!" Per Wikipedia this means "If you play a trick on me and I fall for it, shame on you for fooling me. But if you play a trick on me and I fall for it again, then shame on me for being foolish." Keystrokes cut salaries in February.  We were given an opportunity to express our feelings about this.  We also had an  employee satisfaction survey in March.  We were encouraged to be honest.    Believe it ...

Postdischarge, Post-discharge, Or Post Discharge?
Nov 14, 2011

Which one do you guys use?  I find it all 3 ways on the net, with no clear indication as to what's correct.  Thx.   ...

Post Audit And Now A Post Audit M Report!!
Jan 19, 2015

Has anybody gotten the above email stating now there are 2 post audit reports that we have to pull?  The regular one and now a post audit m report???  What is this for???  This gets crazier every day ...

Post Op?
Nov 21, 2009

Hi everyone!  Just a quick question.  Is it post op or postop?  Have had this changed both ways recently and have never had this questioned before and am now second guessing myself.  Thanks! ...

There Was A Post Regarding IC/Emp And IRS That Was
May 11, 2010

It was a post that very clearly stated some IRS stuff and some case law, I believe?  There is a group of us who worked for a company and pretty much all of us got burned!  And we're talking tens of thousands of dollars collectively in one month!  So, I am doing some reasearch to see if this former company violated the IC status by paying an hourly wage and need some concrete stuff to make my case.  I tried an archive search, but that didn't work.  It was just w ...

PTO And My Former Post
Jul 13, 2011

After so many questioned my former post, I reviewed MQ's PTO policy.  They state a maximum of 18 days for full-time employees which is 3 days more than I was offered when I last worked full-time (after 30 years).  For those of you who say you are getting 22 or 28 days - I don't know how you managed it but consider yourselves lucky.  I  hope you continue to get it.  And by the way, when I take time off now it is unpaid (as a flexible part-time employee) and was ...

Not Sure Where To Post This, But I Need To Know
Oct 04, 2011

how to stop an abbreviation from expanding in Emdat.  I cannot find it in the manual or on the help screen.  Please help!!  TIA ...

Where To Post?
Jul 18, 2012

I have a 3rd edition BOS W/ electronic version that I want to get rid of. I can't seem to find a for sale board. Where would I post it or is that not allowed here? ...

From The Post Below, About MTs
Aug 17, 2012

http://hdstoday.com/?tag=mmodal Below are highlights of the news article In light of the One Equity Partners purchase of M*Modal, I predicted that within the next 12 to 18 months we may see OEP turn around and sell off M*Modal’s speech recognition technology to the likes of Microsoft, especially if Apple spends some of its cache of cash on Nuance. A $12 billion buyout of Nuance by Apple would dwarf the $1.2 billion M*Modal acquisition, and it would also put control of a huge chunk o ...

Had To Post This One
Feb 05, 2013

ASR respirations 17 culprit organism Dicatate respiratons 17 per minute you just cant make this stuff up ...

BOS Job Post
Mar 27, 2014

anyone heard back from them.   ...

Don't Look At This Post!!!
Mar 29, 2014

Now that I have your attention, does anyone know of any good (if there is such a thing) transcription companies looking for workers?  My current company is always running out of work and I'm getting tired of waiting around.  I'm eligible for early retirement in a couple of months and could take that way out, but I'm really hoping to keep on working for a little while longer.  ...

What Happened To My Post?
Oct 19, 2009

I had a post about how much to ask for my Stedman's books & Infinity USB foot pedal, and now it is gone. It has not been moved anywhere. Where is it? ...

Admin (?) Re Post 3:13 Pm
Oct 20, 2009

I just spotted this post under "latest messages posted", but when I try to find it on the "Word Help" board, it isn't there.  Is that odd?   Thanks! http://forum.mtstars.com/151913.html ...

Regarding Post Below About Not Enough Fed Taxes
Jan 28, 2010

out, see your federal tax booklet, Schedule M, Making Work Pay.  This should help you in not having to pay as much in to the IRS.  HTH ...

Saw A Post And Can't Find It Now About
Feb 17, 2010

I know exactly the company you are talking about and have wondered the same thing. The person who wrote the rules must not have a full understanding of the VR program. At this company, we are supposed to adhere to the account specifics to a T if we type on the account, but if we get a VR job on that same account we are supposed to ignore the account specifics and leave it as VR puts it unless there are blatant errors. That makes NO SENSE. Why not train VR correctly in the first place so the repo ...

Sometimes This Board Will Not Let Me Post Anywhere.
Feb 20, 2010

No matter how carefully I type the "code" to prove I'm a real person or whatever, it just keeps asking me to type it again and again, and won't accept it.  ...

Job Board Post
Jun 05, 2010

anyone know who posted the mental health position on the job board?? ...

What Happened To The Post From The MT
Jun 07, 2010

There were several replies to it also. ...