A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

It's a cryin shame - Color me Sad/Mad

Posted: Dec 26, 2010

It is horrible and scary to think of the future (or lack thereof) of medical transcription.  All of the MTs I know, including myself have truly liked their job and tried to do the best we could no matter what.  We have all bought books, made notes, go online for research, worked evenings, late nights, holidays and so forth, to accommodate the companies we work for and this is the thanks we get.  Now I know the economy is in the dumper and jobs are scarce everywhere, BUT, we were the exception to the rule.  Women and men too, who took pride in their work and did their best to try and do a good job and make a decent living and not ask for more.  How many of us have worked extra to "help out," worked the weekends, worked the holidays, had to juggle our vacations and holidays around work schedules, because we knew what was expected in this line of work.  Now to see it all being sold out including all the MTs who have worked so hard, is a "crying shame."  I would say also it is a sin!  That these companies have taken the road they have and turned this profession totally around and into the gutter.  I only hope the new year brings us all some ray of hope and for those of us still trying to do transcription, I hope we are all pointed in the right direction, even we continue to transcribe. 

Happy New Year!

Let's hope that it's all turning around in 2011! NM - TooOld4This

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Ahhh, such blind optimism. Wish it were true but if the - course of the last few years continues, more troub

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

SHAME, SHAME..the Month To Date Quality Metrics Tanked And More Threats. Think We
Apr 07, 2015

might just be a little tired after all of this crazy MOT!?!? ...

Shame On You, DSG And Shame On FastChart!
Sep 28, 2012

Stay away from these companies! ...

A Little Shame At Being An MT?
Aug 03, 2012

Does anyone feel this way about being an MT nowadays?  I am in a cycling club with a doctor and a nurse, and I was very reluctant to let them know what I do for a living, mainly because of knowing how poor the quality of transcription has gotten with offshoring, etc.   As a matter of fact, I would have kept quiet about it altogether, but my husband mentioned it at some point during a ride one day.  I was mortified.  It is terrible to not be proud of one's profession. &nb ...

Shame On You AHDI
Jul 17, 2012

They try to get you to certify as an MT, join our organization they say, some companies (although not many anymore) want you to be a CMT, yet as I went onto the website to look something up, Indian transcription companies are advertising on the Benchmark website?  How is that supporting the American MTs and you want us to pay you money every year?  Shame on you.  You will never get any of my money or support.  ...

Such A Shame When You Can See A Post, Take The
Dec 21, 2013

The whole  "is it worth it" thread is gone, but response posts still show and people can respond, but  the whole thing is gone. Why not have a feature that locks that post from even accepting responses after it's been deleted?  ...

MT Shame For Not Meeting TAT.
Jun 13, 2015

I am so tired of receiving the frantic emails about TAT, I am tired of being on MOT, I am tired of attempts being made to make the MTs feel like it is THEIR fault the POD has the highest number of unedited jobs in the system.  I am tired of groups being blamed for work going out of TAT when the problem is under staffing.  We are human.  We are limited in the amount of production we can crank out.  If high volume is the case for a week or two, I can understand putting in a lit ...

It's A Real Shame That These Big, Bad Monster MTSOs-
Feb 26, 2015

have to offer sign-on incentives to get MTs to apply for work. Obviously they aren't real up on what is being said on these boards about their company and could care less as long as clients are lining their pocket with the money. As long as we work for slave wages nothing is going to change. I am in the same boat as a lot of the MTs, barely getting by. I just had to say... this is my 2 cents worth ...

I Will Not Allow Keystrokes To "shame Me"
Jul 20, 2011

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!" Per Wikipedia this means "If you play a trick on me and I fall for it, shame on you for fooling me. But if you play a trick on me and I fall for it again, then shame on me for being foolish." Keystrokes cut salaries in February.  We were given an opportunity to express our feelings about this.  We also had an  employee satisfaction survey in March.  We were encouraged to be honest.    Believe it ...