A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

new medicine? - cdavis

Posted: Jul 15, 2011

S/L prazazine.  He is using it for decreasing nightmares.

Thanks!

prazosin? - mamt

[ In Reply To ..]
x

new medicine? - cdavis

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I thought at first but that is for high blood pressure and this one is for intrusive nightmares. I'll just leave blank and let them fill in. Thanks!

prazosin is correct - sm - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
sleepdisorders.about.com/.../Prazosin-Treats-Nightmares-In-PTSD-htm

Prazosin-Treating Nightmares in PTSD with prazosin - March 16, 2011 -The prescription medication prazosin -- sold under the brand name of Minipress -- is a prescribed drug used to treat nightmares in the setting of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Similar Messages:

Medicine Help?
Nov 12, 2009

Under discharge medicatons, the doctor dictates: s/l "pin needles kit b.i.d." I've no idea if this is right but it is pretty clear.  Help? ...

Medicine Name
Jan 19, 2012

Could somebody help me. I'm trying to understand the name of a cream used for tinea corporis and it sounds like N&T cream, but I can't find it on drugs.com. ...

New Cough Medicine
Oct 20, 2009

Can anyone help me out with a cough medicine. It sounds like Cortisol Plus. I am not sure of the spelling and have searched the net and can't seem to find it. Does anyone have any idea how this is spelled. Thanks in advance. ...

HIV Medicine S/l Encintrus
Nov 17, 2009

. ...

Medicine Question
Jan 19, 2010

Is the correct way to type.....DiaBeta five milligrams one every a.m.  OR DiaBeta 5 mg 1 q.a.m.  OR something completely different. Thanks! ...

Nuclear Medicine
Aug 31, 2010

The delayed images of the feet show some motion artifact and are count poor secondary to the patient's inability to  maintain stillness.   (Thanks in advance) ...

Hepatitis-B Medicine?
May 20, 2011

The doctor says "He is apparently on medications for s/l Riata hepatitis-B"   Any ideas.  I don't even know if this is a drug or what?  Thanks for any help! ...

Migraine Medicine
Feb 24, 2012

I am listening to this impossible doctor, it sounds like the is saying the patient takes Imitrex and Eskit(?) for migraines.  What is that second med?  Any suggestions? Thanks ...

DPTT In Medicine
May 25, 2015

The doctor is dictating... "I would recommend he continue on Bisoprolol both for hypertension control and to    decrease DPTT*     which can reduce the pace of aortic root dilatation" Not sure if it is DPTT or not?? ...

Medicine Help. Sounds Like Odensa.
Dec 30, 2009

Medicine for chronic pain.  Sounds like Odenza.  30 mg.  I've searched everywhere.  Thank you in advance for your help! ...

Internal Medicine Note Help
Sep 27, 2010

Dr is mumbliing again - sounds like poly-my-o-dermatica   or poly my o trumatica It is not  Polymyalgia rheumatica.  Just a mention in the report - no further info. Thanks! marel   ...

Rheumatoid Arthritis Medicine
Jun 20, 2011

Seropositive rheumatoid arthritis being treated with leflunomide and "evadafept".  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Medicine For Stomach Coating
Jan 03, 2011

Has anyone heard of what s/l Vembico for naproxen use as a type of stomach protector when taking medication?     Thank you! ...

S/l Seldec PE DM Cough Medicine OTC
Jan 07, 2011

nm ...

Sports Medicine Surgery
Jan 28, 2011

Diagnoses: 1.  Right anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction utilizing hamstring autograph. 2.  Right medial collateral ligament repair with posterior ______ ligament capsulorrhaphy. S/l Bleak? ...

Antifungal Medicine - V-than, V-phan?
Jan 27, 2011

Sounds like "Vee-than" or maybe "Vee-Fan" antifungal medication.  Any ideas?   ...

Internal Medicine Consult
Apr 15, 2011

Concern for decreased (s/l Plavix) activity with proton pump inhibitors and will have to check a (s/l PTY 12) if she is to continue on proton pump inhibitors as an outpatient.   ...

Medicine Crohn Disease
Dec 19, 2012

Dicated: Medications:  Prilosec and metta (or imetta) for Crohn disease. Any help appreciated! ...

Is That Right?! Oh The Miracles Of Modern Medicine! LOL
Jul 09, 2013

Adding insult to my job injury, yesterday my TM suggested a "voluntary" class on "critical thinking" that was really "mandatory." That just means they require me to do it, but they don't want to have to pay for my time to do it. That made me so angry.  You have no idea.  Critical thinking indeed. Grrrhhh. What do they think I use daily to unravel their VR messes like this?  My secret decoder ring?  Come on Batman get a clue.  LOL. VR: Per eye disease, patient' ...

Capitalization - Internal Medicine Service?
Nov 16, 2009

Is the name of a service, i.e. internal medicine service, capitalized or not?  ...

Pulmonary Medicine Consultation Report
Jan 17, 2010

The patient is referred with fever, chills and progressive shortness of breath with a history of IV drug abuse and alcoholism.  The patient is a poorly-nourished 44-year-old Hispanic male in "s/l seria desperator" distress and agitated.  Could the doctor mean severe respiratory distress? ...

S/L MAR Referring To Medicine List In Chart
Jun 06, 2010

. . . continue the rest of her medications as listed in her MAR. Does anyone know what this stands for or if I am spelling it right? Thank you in advance for any help. Terry ...

Wound Care Medicine - S/l Coumarandine??? Nm
Sep 20, 2010

x ...

Maternal Fetal Medicine... Please See Message
Apr 03, 2014

The patient has had Fragile X carrier screening and she was found to be a carrier of an s/l olio with 87 repeats and an s/l olio with 21 repeats.  TIA. ...

Nuclear Medicine Preferred Way To Edit
Apr 24, 2014

Not sure what type of report, the provider "stated nuclear medicine study T one-halves" Various research come up with too many variables of editing T one-half written out T one-half T-1/2 t1/2 What is the preferred version?   Thank you ...

Corporate Medicine (long Post)
Apr 25, 2014

From the Naked Capitalism web site. Note the production, production mantra.  It's the only think these biz types know.     The Stealthy, Ugly Growth of Corporatized Medicine Posted: 25 Apr 2014 01:16 AM PDT Yves here. We’ve written a great deal about Obamacare, since it epitomizes so much about what is wrong with contemporary America: the use of complexity to mask looting, the creation of two-tier systems, the crapification of the underlying servi ...

Proper Radiology/Nuclear Medicine Rates???
Jul 20, 2010

Wanting to see if anyone can give me input on what to charge a client for radiology/nuclear medicine transcription.  Straight transcription I know is anywhere from 10 to 15 cpl, if not more.  But anyone out there have good working knowledge of what radiology/nuclear medicine transcription fees should be???   ;-)  ...

Russ Blaylock, M.D.: How Modern Medicine Killed My Brother
May 15, 2011

This is very powerful.  It paints the picture of what medicine has become.  There are so many sentences worthy of highlighting that I decided not to because the entire page would have been yellow.  Well worth the read.... (Dr. Blaylock has been a practicing neurosurgeon for 26 years.) By Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.Earlier this month, I traveled to Monroe, La., to bury my dear older brother, Charles. Charles was not only a wonderful brother, but he was a man with a heart of gold wh ...

Sounds Like "z Medicine Evoked Potential." In A Neurology Dictation
Jan 14, 2010

Thanks ...

"The Politics Of Corporate Medicine Has Replaced Helping Patients"
Apr 10, 2014

Article on Kevin MD by Jordan Grumet.  The doctors are serfs, working for the corporations, just like the MTs.   ...