A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If I have to try to decipher one more mush-mouth - word slurring.......

Posted: Nov 21, 2014

speed demon dictator, I am going to put my fist through my computer screen!

Mush Mouth - Disappointed

[ In Reply To ..]
I know exactly how you feel. Why these dictators do not have their feet held to the fire for their crappy dictations I will never know. I know they are "god" but come on....as MTs are always told THINK OF THE PATIENT ! An error on the part of the MT trying to decipher what you're saying can mean life or death for someone ! If you can't give a clear dictation, then give that job to someone who CAN !

Similar Messages:

Mush Mouth Pay
Aug 11, 2010

I have been typing orthopedics for about 20 years and I think I am pretty good at it.  However, my company recently added on two HORRIBLE mushmouths.  They are not even really ESL, just lazy.  They must dictate with the microphone inside their mouths and one of them smacks his lips constantly.  And his dictation often makes no sense even when I can understand it.  When I worked in house I could do a dictator like this because I would just transcribe out of the patie ...

ESL, Mumbler, Mush Mouth, Speed Talker...what?
Jun 17, 2010

I can understand a word now and then. Horrible! ...

I'm DONE Trying To Decipher Names
Aug 14, 2012

99% of the wasted "down time" I have in my work day is trying to decipher doctor names, patient names, referral names, dictator names, resident/assistant names and I'm literally sick to death of it.  From now on if I don't hear the name the VERY FIRST TIME it's said it's going to be LEFT BLANK.  No more listening to it over and over and over and over trying to catch the first syllable or the last, or even a piece of the name - I sometimes spend 5 whole minutes PER R ...

Nothing But Mush-mouthed.....
Oct 18, 2014

....docs who forget to hang up the phone at end of dictation and hold conversations in the middle of dictating tonight!  And they wonder why I cannot get my lines!!!!! ...

First Week SR, Made $5/hour. Can Someone Decipher What The Piecerates Mean?
Nov 06, 2011

nm ...

Mouth Gag
Feb 14, 2012

Help!  He is saying "a defane type mouth gag".  He is doing an adenoidectomy. Any ideas? ...

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!
May 19, 2015

Most of us are trying to find a way out of this deceitful company. The only way to turn it around would be to start paying us a living wage and give us back what you stole. Your fake praise and insincerity are disgusting. Empty words mean nothing! ...

From The Old Grey Mare's Mouth
Jul 24, 2011

I for one am sick and tired of this profession and what it has become with MTSOs "dictating" that an MT has to do "X number of lines per hour, either with transcribing or with VR.  There are I  believe, MANY factors that need to be taken into consideration with this  -- including the fact that they may not be the fastest typist in the world, either due to a physical disabilitiy or age, etc., however, my QA scores with the exception of Nuance have been 98-100%).  Nua ...

SLE, No (s/l Pallor) Or Mouth Ulcers
Jun 11, 2013

"She has had no new symptoms, no rash, no photosensitivity, no alopecia, and no (s/l pallor or pallid?) or mouth ulcers, and she has resolved arthralgias." Patient has systemic lupus erythematosus. I see reference to malar rashes but not "pallor." Is that correct? Word definitely starts with a "P". Dr has Indian accent. I see that thrush can be common. ...

Coding - From The Horse's Mouth To This Board
Nov 10, 2011

I just spoke with a young woman named Bailey at the AAPC.  AAPC only does outpatient coding certification, not inpatient.  Inpatient is obtained through AHIMA.  CPC requires 2 years of experience.  CPC exam can be taken without the 2 years of experience but will have an apprentice designation on your credential, CPC-A.  The apprentice would be dropped after 2 years of experience.   AHIMA's requirements are much different:  Certified Coding Associate (CCA ...

S/l Avaso Or Evaso 1 G By Mouth Daily
Oct 16, 2012

Thank you!! ...

Dear Doctor Get That Phone Out Of Your Mouth
Apr 26, 2013

nm ...

Mouth Breathing While Slobbering On Hard Candy
Dec 13, 2012

Needless to say, I am disgusted by this speaker. It doesn't help that she sounds like she's about 4 years old. I really had to vent.  I mean really, how gross can you be?  ...

Ears-anterior S/l "white Mouth" Traction Pocket?
Jan 25, 2012

white mouth or wide mouth? ...

"cyst Rings" Given By Mouth?
May 16, 2011

HELP ...

Small Mouth Or Small Mouthed?
Jul 27, 2014

And is it hyphenated, or not? I find it both ways for both questions. Looking for input from the pros here, thank you. ...