A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EEG word book (electronic) or web site - AAT

Posted: May 08, 2014

I am looking for a word book (electronic) for EEG words and sample reports. I have the complete Stedman series of word books (electronic) and they are very helpful, however i have yet to find a word book (electonic) of diagnostic studies such as EKGs, EEGs, ultrasounds, x-rays, all types of scans, etc., etc. If anyone knows of a web site or where I might find such an electronic word book I woud greatly apprecite it. I have sent an e-mail to AAMT web site and to LWW (for Stedman's Series) (Wolters Kluwer Health) to see if I can find same. Mostly I have found books only but more indepth information on clinical patterns and insights into such studies which is not what I am looking for and extremely pricey($150.00 and up). I have asked LWW if they will create one but who knows if they would find that financially advantageous for them. HELP!

website - Cista

[ In Reply To ..]
This may be helpful (there's a lot of info here)

http://radiopaedia.org/encyclopaedia/all/all

This may help! - tm

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.medicaltranscriptionwordhelp.com/

There are various word lists, including EEG and other studies, though not comprehensive. There are some sample reports as well, which may help.

Similar Messages:

What Kind Of Electronic Drug Book Are You Using?
Jul 24, 2014

I have used the Quick Look Drug book (electronic version) for years made by LWW (Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins) and each year they notify me when the new year's version is available - now turns out, since I did not get notification of the 2014 version the company is not taking that book any more, regular or electronic. This was a Stedmans version that worked with the ReadyReferenceBookShelf process where all words books, electronic, are connected - when I asked about a replacement LWW sa ...

Recommend Word Book On OT And PT ?
Aug 22, 2012

Can anyone recommend a good word book for occupational therapy and/or physical therapy terms?  Things like contact guard (is it hyphenated or not), set up, and physical therapy equipment?  I've got an Ortho word book with Rehab but it's about worthless for physical therapy and/or occupational therapy.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance. ...

Someone With Tessier's Surgical Word Book --
Jan 22, 2010

Can you look up mild chromic suture or myochromic suture.  I believe it is mild chromic, but QA is telling me it is myochromic. Thanks for your help! ...

Re: Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book
Mar 19, 2013

What is the resource you will all use for generic/trademark drugs now that this book will no longer be published?  I will miss this reference. ...

Does Anyone Happen To Have A Dental Word Book
Jul 30, 2014

I rarely get complete mouth extraction reports, and when I do they usually have the same instruments used in them, but I have a burr that I am not familiar with. It sounds like crivet or cribet. "Using a _____ burr and the Hall handpiece, all sharp edges of alveolar bone were then smoothed over, and..."   There is a hard K sound to it, definitely not just 'rivet' burr.  Google wants to give me search results for 'crickett" but it is definitely not that. If you have ...

Book Of Style - Word Alcohol Always Used Instead Of Ethanol?
Mar 10, 2010

Is the   What is the Book of Style preference? ...

Saunders Pharm Word Book 2011 And CD
Nov 11, 2010

I have just used the Saunders Pharm Books for years and not the CD.  I'd love some feedback if you have used the CD and how you like it or even what is your preference regarding drug books.  Thanks! ...

Best Word Book Reference For Acute Care
Jan 23, 2012

Am transitioning from Rad to Acute care to "broaden" my hiring potential.  Have 2-3 years experience with Acute care but it has been a few years.  Would appreciate any input on the best reference book.  Anybody have a favorite they find invaluable?    ...

Is Hypopotassium A Real Word? Can You Verify It With A Stedman's Book Or A Website You Could G
Mar 08, 2012

Need to verify word "Hypopotassium" ...

Ophthalmology Word Site
Feb 07, 2011

Can anyone recommend an great opthalmology site to use for reference? ...

Using MS Word Trials Off Their Site Out Of Necessity
Nov 05, 2012

Hello coleagues, After a lengthy period of unemployment partly due to disability, I finally landed a job with a respectable MTSO.  I splurged today and bought the PC and necessary peripherals along with wireless Internet, which works great.  I am a little short fiscally this month, though, so one of their requirements I am going to have trouble fulfilling is having a working copy of MS Word 2003/07/10 on my machine. I respect MS a lot and I am NOT into "stealing" software, but is it ...

Electronic Records
Mar 02, 2011

I am contemplating going to school for transcription but wondering how the electronic records thing is going to effect the job market.  Will there still be a need for transcribing? It seems a lot of offices are using the computer for all there notes.  Any info on this subjest would be appreciated. ...

KEYSTROKES - ELECTRONIC W2
Jan 17, 2012

Does anyone know when the W2 will be electronically posted for KS - Or will we receive an e-maill telling us it is available - I was not here last year - so just wondering - And, by the way, I love this company - had a great experience this last year with them.  Thanks for the info. ...

Electronic Spellchecker?
Mar 19, 2013

Would like info., pros and cons of spellcheckers? I am needing to purchase one and have no idea what I should get. I was told Stedman's was a good one. Thanks! ...

Electronic Transcription
May 23, 2014

I recently responded to a job offer for an "Electronic Medical Transcriptionist."  Turned out it was a Jill-of-all-trades position in a foot doctor practice, including taking x-rays (?) and filling in at the front desk.  What makes a job electronic as opposed to a regular transcriptionist.  Sorry to be ill-informed, but I don't know the difference.  TIA! ...

Future Of MT's With New Electronic Records
Apr 28, 2010

To: Current MTs I am considering entering the medical transcription field.  I am trying to evaluate the pros and cons of this business to see if it will be a good fit for me.  If anyone has reactions to the following statements/concerns, I will be glad to hear them. I am encouraged to hear from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states an expected growth of 11% from 2008 - 2018.  --- This is great news!  However, I'm concerned about the new law coming into ...

Electronic Signature Wanted...
Dec 08, 2010

I have a client who is requesting electronic signatures.  Is there a software someone can recommend?  Who does this and how do you do it? Any help/advice is appreciated! ...

What's The Best Electronic Medical Dictionary?
Nov 29, 2011

I'm looking to purchase a good medical dictionary to incorporate into my word program.  Anyone using one?  You can email me since we can't name names here.   Thanks ! ...

What Are Electronic Medical Records?
Sep 13, 2012

Would anyone who does EMR editing be willing to share their experiences with me?  Is EMR editing enjoyable, how does it compare to traditional QA editing, what does the job entail, etc? Thank you! ...

What Is Electronic Medical Records?
Jun 27, 2013

What is electronic medical records?  Goodwill is teaching a 3 month class starting soon.  I have heard about a government mandated thing that doctors have to go electronic by Jan. 2014, but not much more than that.  I know someone could shed some light.  I am thinking of taking the class, but don't know if it would be worth it.  Although, I think I could sleep through the medical transcription portions, LOL. ...

Electronic Medical Record
Jan 14, 2015

I have been corrected by QA twice on this one. The first time it was changed to capitals (Electronic Medical Record), so I started typing it that way. However, recently I had it changed to lower case (electronic medical record). Both times the sentence was the same... "Detailed in the electronic medical record."   I had always typed this lower case until it was changed the first time. I never did understand why it should be capitalized. How do you usually transcribe this one?  ...

What Is The Status Of Electronic Medical Records
Dec 28, 2010

what is the status of EMR...is it going to impact MT industry ...

Using Electronic Resources After You Graduate From MT Classes
Jan 19, 2011

After you got out of MT classes and your subscriptions to your electronic resources expired, did you renew your subscription, use other resources instead, or do without? ...

Working With The Electronic Health Record (EHR)?
May 12, 2011

I know that transcriptionists at Veterans' Hospitals have used the EHR for years and it works really well at VA. Now it seems that you hear about it all the time, but every single description is different from every other one. Nobody seems to know anything. When I ask how it works in other hospitals and clinics or with MTSOs, I hear that it's really no big deal. You just transribe like you always have. If each system is different, I guess what I want to know is, are any of you using it ...

Online Editing And Electronic Siganture
Dec 16, 2011

Is anyone using an online site that allows you to upload your typed reports, allows the dictors to then access it, edit it online and electronically sign it? ...

Electronic Medical Records Came In And We Were Immediately Out Of A Job
Jul 26, 2012

I don't see much talk about EMR taking over the MTs job.  This has happened to me with my last three companies (small transcription companies) that I have worked for.  With my last job we had an account with a large hospital that had a cardiology group we transcribed for.  EMR came in and we were immediately out of a job.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience...pretty much sucks  ...

Electronic Dictaton Of Tulsa - Or EDOT
Dec 21, 2013

FYI - -  if you are contacted and offered a job by Electronic Dictation of Tulsa or 'EDOT' as they are known - don't take it! The owner of this company seems to be a chauvinstic jerk and his company considered a joke in the midwest area, as are his transcriptionists (if you live in the area, as I do, just ask around.)  I have many years of experience and I was let go after a couple of days because his "QA/supervisor" seemed disinterested in ...

Electronic Medical Records Become Very Hot Since They Will Become Mandatory By 2014
Dec 22, 2009

How many amongst you have used any of the popular EMRs like practice partner(http://www.practicepartner.com),infraware (www.infraware.com). EMRs have suddenly become very hot since they will become mandatory by 2014. I had read some where that there are some security issues with them.What do you think are pros and cons with EMRs?     ...

Electronic Billing Question For Established Billers
Nov 19, 2010

Hi.  I am an MT turned IT consultant implementing EMR/billing software for a doctor's office.  Regarding electronic clearinghouse services, are they worth it?  I know that Medicare, Medicaid, and BCBS have their own interfaces at no cost, so I am wondering if it is worth the setup time to go that route or if a clearinghouse makes things so easy that it is worth the monthly fees.  If you prefer the clearinghouse, why, and which service(s) have you used? Thanks in advanc ...

Obama Is Really Pushing Electronic Medical Records
Jul 30, 2011

I have heard and read that Obama is really pushing the EMR, and by the year 2014, he wants all hospitals/clinics to implement this or else be taxed. He also is supposed to be offering grants and incentives if they do also. So any hospital or physician office that doesn't will be taxed more and will not get incentives, grants, etc. So I think most will try it cause they don't want more taxes and want the incentives, etc. So where does that leave us? If you work for a hospital, what ...