A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Electronic spellchecker? - steph1

Posted: Mar 19, 2013

Would like info., pros and cons of spellcheckers? I am needing to purchase one and have no idea what I should get. I was told Stedman's was a good one. Thanks!

RE Spellchecker - forbear

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Stedman's. It is easy to install, have used it for years. You don't have to buy upgrades that come out every year if you add in new pharmaceuticals yourself to the text dictionary file.

Similar Messages:

Spellchecker Help
May 19, 2014

Hi, I recently transferred to a new computer, and had Stedman's medical spellchecker installed on my old computer. I just tried to put it on my new computer, and it said it needed an activation code, so I tried everything and couldn't find it. Anyways they said they stopped activating that program three weeks ago, REALLY!? UGH! Are there any good free medical spellcheckers that you know of that aren't going to kill my computer? (I can't afford to buy one) Any help would be so ...

DQS Spellchecker SUCKS Nm
May 01, 2010

. ...

Is Is Just Me? What's Up With The Spellchecker All Of A Sudden? ....
May 14, 2011

It's red underling CORRECTLY spelled words like "hemodynamic" and "hospitalization" and suggesting they be changed to "haemodynamic" and "hospitalisation"  ???  I do believe that is English way of spelling.  Anyone else having this issue?  Weird.  ...

MMMMMess Spellchecker
Feb 10, 2012

Quick question...   Anyone else having trouble with the spell checker on DocQscribe in that physicians already "added" to your accepted spelling list are now showing up as misspellings?   So very frustrating!!   Thanks in advance... ...

Stedman's Spellchecker
Sep 05, 2012

I am thinking of buying/downloading Stedman's Spellchecker but had a question and wondered if anyone here can help me out. They have Spellchecker Plus for $99.95 and also Spellchecker Plus for $39.95. It looks as though the latter might be an update, but the descriptions are basically the same. Does anyone know if you need the $99.95 one first or will the $39.95 one do the job? I appreciate any feedback! ...

Need Free Spellchecker
Mar 20, 2015

Can anybody suggest an inexpensive medical spellchecker program? I have Stedmans 2008 on my "other computer" which quit working earlier this week, won't be fixed til next week. had to get an inexpensive replacement today so I can work -- can't afford to be not able to work for that long and it will do as a backup in the future. Apparently Stedmans does not "service" the 2008 edition anymore and I can't load it on this computer because they don't do the activation, etc., st ...

Spellchecker Advice
May 30, 2015

I'm thinking of getting the Stedman's Medical Dictionary CD for my own accounts.    Anyone had any problems with installing it or with compatibility with Windows 7?  It's quite expensive, so would appreciate your feedback before I go ahead and buy it.  Thanks! ...

Word Expander/spellchecker
Jan 29, 2010

Any recommendations for a good spellchecker and word expander program that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? ...

How Often Do You Upgrade Stedman's Spellchecker?
Mar 08, 2010

I was just wondering how often other MT's upgrade their references, particularly Stedman's Spellchecker? I have the 2007 edition, and am wondering if I should upgrade? What about other references, like Quick Look Drug Book? ...

A New Company & Options For Spellchecker
Jun 29, 2010

I started with a new company and I did not have spellcheck, so I ordered it and it was quite expensive for the 2010 one. Now I found out that when I am in their program they are using their own. This has really ticked me off because I was TOLD that I needed to download a spellchecker and now I cannot send it back because I have downloaded it. Is there anyway that I can use this spellchecker instead of theirs? Any feedback will be appreciated. ;) ...

Problem With Stedman's Spellchecker
Jan 20, 2013

I emailed Stedman's about this, but no reply yet. I have Spellchecker installed on my computer. Yes, it is shown in my Control Panel as being there. I lost my installation discs when we moved. Question: How do I use it now in Word 2007. I cannot figure it out. ...

Medical Spellchecker And Expander
Jan 30, 2015

Can anyone tell me if the medical spellchecker programs and expanders in the transcription companies are good or would I be wise to invest in say Stedman's spellchecker and Shorthand 10? I am specifically thinking about applying to Inscribe. ...

Stedman's Medical Spellchecker Question
Nov 03, 2009

How many computers can you install the spellchecker on? ...

I Just Loaded My Stedman's Medical Spellchecker On My New PC
Feb 25, 2010

but it's not working in Word.  Is there something I need to check or uncheck in Word so that it is my default dictionary?  All I see when I open options, Spelling and Grammar, Custome Dictionaries, is custom.dic (default) checked, but it is not my medical dictionary.  Thanks! ...

Need Help Finding Best Spellchecker To Download (cheap?)
Jul 11, 2011

I need to download a spellchecker today.  I have gotten recommendations for Stedmans, but it is $99.  Wondering if there is a source to download it less expensively and/or if there are recommendations for other spellcheckers available for download.  Thank you! ...

Free Trial For Medical Spellchecker?
Apr 30, 2013

Does anyone know of a free online trial medical spellchecker I can try? What is the best medical spellchecker (without breaking bank)? I need one for work but have no idea what one to go with.  Input appreciated. ...

Question About Selling Stedman's Spellchecker
Jun 07, 2013

How does it work with the new buyer and the registration code?  I installed it once.  I don't remember registering but that doesn't mean I did or didn't.  Anybody got any ideas??!!  It is the Stedman's Plus Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker 2013 CD-ROM. Thanks! ...

Does Nuance Provide A Medical Spellchecker
Nov 08, 2014

x ...

Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker Question
Mar 18, 2013

I have the 2006 version of Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker Plus and out of the blue it just stopped working.  Does anyone know what would cause this?  I can't even find it anywhere on my computer????  I tried to reload it from the disc but that would not load...can't live without it that's for sure.  I have sent an e-mail to them and hopefully they will get back to me soon!!!!!!! ...

Electronic Records
Mar 02, 2011

I am contemplating going to school for transcription but wondering how the electronic records thing is going to effect the job market.  Will there still be a need for transcribing? It seems a lot of offices are using the computer for all there notes.  Any info on this subjest would be appreciated. ...

KEYSTROKES - ELECTRONIC W2
Jan 17, 2012

Does anyone know when the W2 will be electronically posted for KS - Or will we receive an e-maill telling us it is available - I was not here last year - so just wondering - And, by the way, I love this company - had a great experience this last year with them.  Thanks for the info. ...

Electronic Transcription
May 23, 2014

I recently responded to a job offer for an "Electronic Medical Transcriptionist."  Turned out it was a Jill-of-all-trades position in a foot doctor practice, including taking x-rays (?) and filling in at the front desk.  What makes a job electronic as opposed to a regular transcriptionist.  Sorry to be ill-informed, but I don't know the difference.  TIA! ...

Will Stedman's 2007 Spellchecker Work With Windows 7 And MS Word 2010? Sm
Sep 14, 2012

I'm considering updating my computer and presently have a Dorland's Medical Spellchecker Version 3.0.  I'd actually like to use this if it will work but, if not, I'm wondering if the Stedman's 2007 will work with 2010.  ...

Future Of MT's With New Electronic Records
Apr 28, 2010

To: Current MTs I am considering entering the medical transcription field.  I am trying to evaluate the pros and cons of this business to see if it will be a good fit for me.  If anyone has reactions to the following statements/concerns, I will be glad to hear them. I am encouraged to hear from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states an expected growth of 11% from 2008 - 2018.  --- This is great news!  However, I'm concerned about the new law coming into ...

Electronic Signature Wanted...
Dec 08, 2010

I have a client who is requesting electronic signatures.  Is there a software someone can recommend?  Who does this and how do you do it? Any help/advice is appreciated! ...

What's The Best Electronic Medical Dictionary?
Nov 29, 2011

I'm looking to purchase a good medical dictionary to incorporate into my word program.  Anyone using one?  You can email me since we can't name names here.   Thanks ! ...

What Are Electronic Medical Records?
Sep 13, 2012

Would anyone who does EMR editing be willing to share their experiences with me?  Is EMR editing enjoyable, how does it compare to traditional QA editing, what does the job entail, etc? Thank you! ...

What Is Electronic Medical Records?
Jun 27, 2013

What is electronic medical records?  Goodwill is teaching a 3 month class starting soon.  I have heard about a government mandated thing that doctors have to go electronic by Jan. 2014, but not much more than that.  I know someone could shed some light.  I am thinking of taking the class, but don't know if it would be worth it.  Although, I think I could sleep through the medical transcription portions, LOL. ...

Electronic Medical Record
Jan 14, 2015

I have been corrected by QA twice on this one. The first time it was changed to capitals (Electronic Medical Record), so I started typing it that way. However, recently I had it changed to lower case (electronic medical record). Both times the sentence was the same... "Detailed in the electronic medical record."   I had always typed this lower case until it was changed the first time. I never did understand why it should be capitalized. How do you usually transcribe this one?  ...

Word 2007 - Stedman's Spellchecker 2010 - Unable To Add Words To Dictionary
Mar 23, 2015

Using Word 2007.  Installed Stedmans Spellchecker 2010 . Test shows the speller is working.  Upon spell checking document it does not allow me to add words to the dictionary. That option is grayed out. I've followed instructions found online to correct this in Word but that does not solve the problem.  I had EditScript downloaded to my PC , but have not used it yet.  I wonder if EditScript disabled this feature in Word?   ...