A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Someone with Tessier's surgical word book -- - MT

Posted: Jan 22, 2010

Can you look up mild chromic suture or myochromic suture.  I believe it is mild chromic, but QA is telling me it is myochromic. Thanks for your help!

mild chromic sutures...page 2092...Third Edition - MTtoday

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the best! - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Recommend Word Book On OT And PT ?
Aug 22, 2012

Can anyone recommend a good word book for occupational therapy and/or physical therapy terms?  Things like contact guard (is it hyphenated or not), set up, and physical therapy equipment?  I've got an Ortho word book with Rehab but it's about worthless for physical therapy and/or occupational therapy.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance. ...

Need Surgical Word Help
Aug 09, 2010

I am working on a report in Head and Neck Surgery. It sounds like the doctor dictates "Bilateral poloethmoidectomy" as a procedure. I am not able to locate any such spelling. Need help. Thank you in advance. ...

Surgical Word Help
Nov 12, 2010

I am listening to a surgical report for an appendectomy. It sounds like the doctor dictates that the appendix is supplelative in nature but not perforated. Is the word suppleative or what could it be? I am not able to find such a word description. ...

Re: Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book
Mar 19, 2013

What is the resource you will all use for generic/trademark drugs now that this book will no longer be published?  I will miss this reference. ...

EEG Word Book (electronic) Or Web Site
May 08, 2014

I am looking for a word book (electronic) for EEG words and sample reports. I have the complete Stedman series of word books (electronic) and they are very helpful, however i have yet to find a word book (electonic) of diagnostic studies such as EKGs, EEGs, ultrasounds, x-rays, all types of scans, etc., etc. If anyone knows of a web site or where I might find such an electronic word book I woud greatly apprecite it. I have sent an e-mail to AAMT web site and to LWW (for Stedman's Series) (W ...

Does Anyone Happen To Have A Dental Word Book
Jul 30, 2014

I rarely get complete mouth extraction reports, and when I do they usually have the same instruments used in them, but I have a burr that I am not familiar with. It sounds like crivet or cribet. "Using a _____ burr and the Hall handpiece, all sharp edges of alveolar bone were then smoothed over, and..."   There is a hard K sound to it, definitely not just 'rivet' burr.  Google wants to give me search results for 'crickett" but it is definitely not that. If you have ...

Surgical Anatomy Word
Apr 29, 2010

Bowel resection,  doc states " A 3-0 silk S/L "pop" was then used to create stay sutures at the S/L "tinu or tinea" border of the transverse colon as well as the antimesenteric border." Thanks in advance, I'm sure this is a simple word but I just can't think about what it is ...

Book Of Style - Word Alcohol Always Used Instead Of Ethanol?
Mar 10, 2010

Is the   What is the Book of Style preference? ...

Saunders Pharm Word Book 2011 And CD
Nov 11, 2010

I have just used the Saunders Pharm Books for years and not the CD.  I'd love some feedback if you have used the CD and how you like it or even what is your preference regarding drug books.  Thanks! ...

Best Word Book Reference For Acute Care
Jan 23, 2012

Am transitioning from Rad to Acute care to "broaden" my hiring potential.  Have 2-3 years experience with Acute care but it has been a few years.  Would appreciate any input on the best reference book.  Anybody have a favorite they find invaluable?    ...

Word Help-Surgical Reconstruction Of Upper Eyelid
May 25, 2010

Doc dictates that the total skin advancement was 4 mm x 3 mm for a Tenzel type/  (sounds like) Mestarti-type flap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Is Hypopotassium A Real Word? Can You Verify It With A Stedman's Book Or A Website You Could G
Mar 08, 2012

Need to verify word "Hypopotassium" ...

Does Anybody Still Keep A Log Book?
Dec 05, 2011

I would like to start using my laptop in a couple of weeks (MQ upgrade) and it seems like a good time to give up the log book. I have been keeping one since I started 10 years ago. No patient info, just job #, work type and length. I just like the idea of keeping them honest, not really trusting them, although I only find a missing job once or twice a year. Just would like some feedback. I feel it may be slowing me down in between jobs. TIA. ...

Net Book For Transcription????
Dec 03, 2010

I currently use my own PC for my MT work.. but I am looking to get a new computer..  I use the express scribe program for work. I travel alot and I think it will help. pros and cons?? anyone else use one?? do you like it??   ...

What Do I Do With A Book Title?
Feb 10, 2011

dictated:  I recommended the book Everyone Poops. I don't know that I have ever known the rule for this.  If I ever did, I have forgotten it. 'Everyone Poops' "Everyone Poops" Everyone Poops Help please, and thanks. ...

BOS - New Book Of Style?
Jul 16, 2012

Anyone know when they are coming out with a new Book of Style?  I am afraid to buy the 3rd edition since it is from 2008.  Thanks. ...

Best Drug Help Book?
Jul 22, 2012

I am interested in updating my drug book as there have been so many new medications since my last 2001 Monthly Prescribing Reference Book and I cannot afford to keep subscribing to that.  What reference book/internet site would you suggest to help me with new medications.  Thank you for your help and response. ...

Reference Book
May 25, 2013

Does anyone know of a "be-all/end-all" reference book for all the stages and grades across all disciplines (specialties) and whether they are expressed in roman or arabic numerals.  If there is, it would be worth it's weight in gold to me (almost).  Thanks! - B ...

Question For The M&Ms...what Book Are You Using?
Apr 02, 2014

What you all are describing below sounds suspiciously familiar ... lol. ...

Anybody NOT Using 3rd Book Of Style?
May 04, 2014

Please tell where you work so I can apply there -- seriously -- sick of ridiculous QA. ...

Got Out And Wrote A Book!
May 19, 2015

Hi everyone! I had to come here to share the good news.  I've been an MT for 19 years and just got out last November.  I was really getting tired of the way the industry was going, and wrote when the work was slow to none.  I've finally made my dream come true and published on Amazon just today! I hope you don't mind me coming here and sharing this. If I can do this, so can you!  Self-publishing on Kindle Direct Publishing is easy when you follow their guide ...

How Many MTs Use The Book Of Style?
Nov 07, 2014

How many MTs use the Book of Style?  Am I the only one who thinks this is a total rip off just like dues to the former AAMT were?  Is not this self promotion to enrich oneself three times now and passing this propaganda off to MTSOs as the "industry standard?" I know I sure did not get a vote as to what is and what is not this so-called "industry standard" and have not used that book in years!  Poverty wages are now the "industry standard."  Who else is fed up with this load of BS? ...

The Anatomy Coloring Book
Oct 26, 2009

For any MT students or new MTs I would suggest this book.  It's been around for years.  It has very detailed, labeled drawings of anatomical structures that you color in (need colored pencils or fine-tipped markers)  I had one of these years and years ago (before I knew what an MT was).  Helps you visualize the anatomy and remember the names of the structures.  I had fun with it...  ...

AAMT BOS.....CD Or Book? Which Do You Prefer And Why? Thanks. Nm
Mar 10, 2010

x ...

Life's Little Instruction Book
Jun 29, 2010

I recently picked up a little book that was sitting on my bookshelf. It is called "Life's Little Instruction Book" It was written by a father for his son, and turned into a coffee table/bathroom book. It has 511 'life lessions' that one father wanted to tell his son. If you have the chance, you should pick it up. I thought I would share a few with all of you, I know I needed the reminder today: 1. Compliment three people every day. 99. Think big thoughts, but relish small p ...

Layoffs -- If You Look In The MQ Address Book
Jun 02, 2010

nm ...

Maybe The Name Of A Drug Reference Book?
Jul 19, 2010

Looking for possibly the name of a book (s/l Apocerteries).  Doc states they looked up potential drug interaction and according to "Apocerties" there is none.  Can't find anything close to even get a hit. ...

AHDI BOOK OF STYLE
Aug 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me any of the new changes in the AHDI book of style. ? ...

Book Of Style Useless
Mar 16, 2011

It would seem that the AAMT/AHDI just look for ways to make money on their ole' book of style.  Changing from one term in one book, to using it differently in a second, and now the third is different from that.  What is the fourth going to do, go back to the first use.  Throw them all out. They don't know what they are doing.  Their transcription bible is useless to train from, and they charge a whole lot of money for useless. (Just a little frustrated, wouldn' ...

Would This Be A Good Practice Book For Me - Sm
May 21, 2011

Workbook for Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2011 Edition [Paperback] I want some more practice for the course i am taking.  would this be a good practice book?  What I really want is a practice-type of workbook or questions that would be like the cPC exam - multiple choice-type.  can anyone point me in the right direction? ...