A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTS Recruit???? Got interview - Please give me real TTS story

Posted: May 27, 2011

I am thinking about leaving my job to go to TTS.  Please  give good, bad, ugly about this company

Been there a month - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been there a month. I have not had any problems. The recruiter (who you will read about in another recent post) was fantastic with me. I did not have to test, was just offered the job based on my resume I assume. I needed to change my schedule a bit and they were ok with that. Their QA staff and training are very helpful.

Pay was on time (actually early one day).

I have never run out of work either.

This is just my experience after 30 days. And so far I am really enjoying it.

Been there a month - sublimelytragic

[ In Reply To ..]
Re-post when you have been there 6 months and tell us if you still feel the same way.

I have 20 years of transcription experience 12 years with one company that is constantly bad mouthed on this and other boards but I was extremely happy with them overall.

I did come across one small MTSO that I know changed my QA scores as I went back on EScription and saw mistakes that I know I did not make. All I got was an e-mail saying you failed your most recent QA by 89% and you have been removed from your account. No documentation, nothing, just you're removed.

Ugly experience at TTS - Terrible micro management

[ In Reply To ..]
Read these boards. I'm not alone. The owner actually called me because it was my shift and she didn't see any reports done by me yet. Unfortunately I was on a super long ESL report, which by the way are the bulk of reports on my account, so of course she didn't see any finished reports yet. Point is she was watching and willing to call me to see what was going on.

Is that enough for you or do you need more evidence about life at TTS? Because I can get into nitpicking QA experience also or let you know about managers cherry picking reports.......

TTS Recruit - FLSunshine

[ In Reply To ..]
I was fibbed to (my father always says there's no such thing as a fib and that lies are lies, so let's call it lied to)from the jump during my application process. The recruiter told me AFTER she asked me to fill out a questionnaire that they were looking for something specific -- something, of course, which was not in the job advertisement. I met every single qualification in the ad, so she came up with something else in order not to hire me. I do not like being lied to or my time wasted. I received both from this recruiter (the same recruiter who is there right now -- this just happened to me this week, so my experience with TTS is current). I'm certainly not telling you what to do, but as for me, when someone lies to me or does something slimy or shady, that's enough to keep me away from him or her, companies included. I'm SO glad I did not get that job and found out about their tactics at the outset.

TTS owner/management is unethical - No doubt about it

[ In Reply To ..]
My personal experience is one of having worked there for approximately a year. I crossed a manager when she was doing something shady. After supposedly good rapport with owner and managers and wonderful QA reports, about a month after crossing this manager and inadvertenly exposing her shady ways and deceit to the owner, the manager later found a reason to have me fired. I have never been fired from any position I have held throughout my work history.

I have nothing good to say about this company. Without hesitation, I can truthfully say TTS was the worst work experience I have ever had.

fired - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
I got fired last week - never before. I had evals that were 99%+ for the first 8-10 months I worked there, and then all of a sudden I am in the 97 and below. Something fishy there.
I have worked for that company - been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
[ In Reply To ..]
when it was going by some other name. Owner has reinvented herself several times under several different company names. She is crazy and so are her "followers" (the ones working for her). I am surprised she still gets clients. So you spend x amount of weeks or months working for her, you've invested your time and lost money, only to find out that she's nuts and you quit or she fires you for some nutty reason. So then do you put her down as a reference for you next job??? so SHE can TRASH you??? Another "advantage" of working in the world of medical transcription. I would move on. Do what you're doing before accepting any job by going here (or anywhere) and finding out everything you can about these so-called "companies". Then if you think it's worth the risk, try it.
moved on - just curious
[ In Reply To ..]
So on your next application form when they asked if you have ever been forced to leave or fired from another company, how do you answer that? I never give my supervisor at my last job as a reference. My first 2 jobs in my 37 years of being an MT each lasted 15 years and have had 4 jobs in the last 7 years due to running out of work or offshoring. Does TTS really not offshore?
Re. who I used for a reference after being fired from TTS - I skipped to my previous MT jobs
[ In Reply To ..]
After leaving TTS madness, I used the excellent references from my previous MT jobs so I used them for my current MT job, but just in case, I did ask the QA person who gave me 99-100% reviews at TTS if she would give me a reference if necessary. She said she would. I don't believe they ever called her.
Check your QA scores. TTS QA is wacky too. - Altogether the company is incompetent
[ In Reply To ..]
Sooner or later every TTS MT will realize how unethical, incompetent and downright shady TTS owners, managers & QA is.

TTS is what it is. Don't take it personally.
LOL - something fishy at TTS? - Everything about TTS is fishy
[ In Reply To ..]
If your QA drops and you get fired, you can bet you crossed a manager and they can "fix" your reports so your QA isn't what you actually edited or typed.
Come on... - please
[ In Reply To ..]
If QA drops a manager HAD to have been messing with the reports? The MT couldn't have possibly actually made a mistake? GASP! Fathum that, an MT actually making a mistake and owning up to it that their low QA scores are their own.

This whole bored is NUTS!! Everything said here is said about EVERY OTHER COMPANY ON HERE. QA is corrupt, management is shady, fired for no reason, recruiters lie, blah, blah, blah. This is the very reason this board sucks so bad, you may say you get good advice about what companies to work for but how is is good advice when everyone complains about the same thing at all companies? Apparently every MT company sucks and lies and rips you off.

I for once would like to see an actual unbiased opinion about a company instead of these crazy disgruntled employee (or potential employee) posts with crazy accusations I doubt anyone can actually prove (and please enlighten me how you just KNOW managers cherry pick or QA deliberatly changed your score besides hearing things from another MT who, yes, can lie also, imagine that).

I've been away from this board for a long time and came back to glace around hoping things might have changed but its still the same MTs complaining about the same things.

RANT OVER!
Suspect someone at TTS management posted the above post. - Crazy is as crazy does TTS.
[ In Reply To ..]
There are no crazy accusations here. It is the perception of many MTs that the business practices of TTS are based on incompetence to say the least and shady dealings to some more suspicious posters.

Why would any MT bother to post things on this board about any company that are untrue? I have a friend who works for TTS who tells me things are bad for her but she doesn't post here so I suppose those that do post bad things about TTS are just the tip of the iceberg of those MTs who are not satisfied with the treatment they are receiving or have received from TTS.

I now work for a company that I do not believe is corrupt or that the managers are double dipping or playing favorites. Although I would like to be paid more for my work, it is the standard pay at this point. I am sure I am getting chronological reports and I am sure there is not a "good ole girl management network" within the company. I have not posted anything bad about my present company.

There is much duplicity at TTS but if it comes down to someone questioning the credibility or competency of managers or QA they stick together while top management looks the other way or defends the lower management/QA team. Some of the management should have been let go years ago for incompetence/dishonesty dealing with TTS MTs.

Maybe TTS shouldn't leave so many "disgruntled" employees in its path and you probably wouldn't be reading bad things about the company you feel the need to defend.
Thanks for this post. - Hi there!
[ In Reply To ..]
Fantastic! We're going to use your essay for a warm-up game at our next QA meeting. Thank you for the contribution.

P.S. TTS isn't my company.
You are funny. Good try though, Suit. Don't you have some gold to rub and cackle over? Nm - Andypudenda
[ In Reply To ..]
Nm
I picture more the wicked witch of the west type. - Green faced, angry, ranting.
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll get these MTStars posters and their little dog too. How DARE they criticize MY company. I'll just call out my flying monkey management staff and show those MTs who is BOSS of TTS. Heeheeheehee!

Of course we all know what happens to wicked witch of the west and maybe the same fate will happen to dishonest owners who keep dishonest managers. They simply disappear after major melt-down. :)
LOL! You are obviously just a 'rogue element' as they say. - Andypudenda
[ In Reply To ..]
As all the MTSO/Speech Wreck apologists say.

Cackle cackle!
Sounds like you may know TTS owner. - Too funny
[ In Reply To ..]
I can picture this scenario and I work at TTS so hope nobody can identify who wrote this post. Shhhhhh!
TTS -- not an MT obviously - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Obviously an MT would know how to spell better than this email, so it would have to be Bob G at TTS. That is the way he spells.
LOL Lindylu - Calm down!
[ In Reply To ..]
Get outside and breathe some of the New England air. Check your bank accounts and don't let those MTs who criticize your company get to you. It's krystal-klear you need a break and maybe your assistant can help you out while you take your break even if she causes a few more MTs to leave TTS. MTs are easy-come/easy-go right? I can't "fathum" anyone finding fault with you or your fine managers and QA at TTS. Don't let this "bored" get to you. Heaven forbid you learn something from the TTS criticism. Call your business partner booby. He'll talk you down and out of your rant.

TTS EditScript - ABC

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been on the EditScript side for quite a few years now and really love it. I do not feel that there are any favorites being played as far as work. Depending on the shift, you may end up with more reports of a certain doctor or type of job. I don't feel I have received any QA that wasn't justified. We all have made our mistakes. Remember, there is also a Dictaphone side to TTS and completely different managers on each. Perhaps people should say which part of TTS they have had the troubles with to make it a more fair assessment. I would not hesitate to refer any of my friends to work there either. Good luck.

TTS EditScript Horror Story - Big "mistakes" by managers & owner

[ In Reply To ..]
Favorites are played on EditScript. My friend had certain doctors' reports blocked. She made the owner's assistant aware of getting limited work and her work was expanded. Once she got all work on her account, she realized the doctors she did not get prior to her complaint were using "normals" and as we all know, that is easy money work. Doctors can be blocked out of your queue on EditScript and the people who oversee the company on both Dictaphone and Editscript platforms know this and are fully aware of certain dictators being blocked from certain MTs.

As far as QA you may want to double check the scoring. Some QA people are better than others so all things are not created equally in the world of TTS QA.

TTS across the board is shady and the owner has been made aware of this so I have come to the conclusion she is shady also.

Leaving your job? - Anon E Mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless the job you are leaving is completely unbearable, don't do it.

I agree. If you leave a job to go to TTS you need to have nothing to lose. - TTS will fire you in a heartbeat

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no respect or loyalty for MTs by the owner. The managers will cut your throat if you cross them or question them. If you have a decent job, do not leave to go to TTS which is clearly dysfunctional. I left a national company to go to TTS and I regret it. The people running TTS are just plain CRAZY.

Work or NO work - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Well..we had work and had emails going all day about working OT or keeping in TAT so....now they have overhired and there is NO work and no emails. They do not care about the MT, just their CLIENT. Wonder if the new ones just hired are getting work? HUM...RIGHT DON'T ASK QUESTIONS AS YOU ARE PUTTING YOURSELF AT RISK TO BE FIRED.

Similar Messages:

Recruit S/l Disendesence? Of Polymyositis
Oct 26, 2009

The patient had a recruit s/l disendesence of polymyositis and was started on prednisone. Can't figure out the word??  Assuming it means flare or relapse???  Indian Doctor. ...

The Companies Who Recruit For Full-time IC's, Especially IC Supervisors.
Jan 14, 2010

If IC's are supposed to be available for other jobs, then aren't these companies just hiring for IC's as a way to avoid paying employee benefits?  How do they get away with this?  I'm disgusted when I see all the job openings specifically wanting IC's.  It seems abusive to me.   ...

Interview With MQ
Mar 11, 2010

Is there anyone that actually enjoys working for MQ?  I lost my job this week and so I am looking for something to start quickly, and so far the only interview I have set up is with MQ.  Please give me some hope! ...

MD-IT INTERVIEW
Apr 15, 2010

Hi--I have a phone interview next week with MD-IT. Can anyone tell me what to expect.  Im kinda a little nervous.  ...

I Have An Interview With MD-IT
Jun 02, 2011

I have an interview with MD-IT and wondered about some posts in the archives that are quite recent that stated there has been a lack of work and layoffs with no warning.  I am wondering whether I should even bother interviewing.  I am looking for a new job because of lack of work, not wanting to walk into another similar situation.  Any thoughts?  Thanks. ...

Interview With MQ CEO.
Aug 02, 2011

I encourage all MQ employees to register with this newspaper (link below)and voice your opinion of MedQuist. It is our chance to be heard and let the public hear the "other side" rather than the "rosy" talk of Mr. Davenport. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110731/BUSINESS/307310032/MedQuist-tip-health-records-evolution?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs ...

Job Interview?
Oct 30, 2012

Was wondering if Nuance is a reliable place to work for? If anyone else works for them?  I was emailed for an interview, and was just curious.  Any and all info appreciated.. ty~ :) Gina ...

Need To Interview An MT
Nov 14, 2013

I am looking for a Transcriptionist (whether recently employed or been working as a transcriptionist for years) to interview for my final semester to understand the changes and demands of the transcription filed. I also want to know how you feel about the way things have changed. You can either reply here or through my email Some questions: 1. What education and/or training did you go through to become an MT? 2. Where are you employed (hospital/clinic) and how long have you been working ...

Job Interview Help
Apr 09, 2014

I have an interview next week for a coder 1 position.  Have had my CPC-A for a few months, but not much luck getting a position.  This is the 1st interview I have even been offered.  Any tips on how to land this job?  I have many year experience as a medical secretary, transcriptionist, editor, but getting that 1st coding job in the area where I live is very difficult.  Small town, not much opportunity.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks ...

Got An Interview
Aug 04, 2014

for an ophthalmic scribe/technician position for Wednesday.  Fingers crossed it pays decently and I get it!! ...

I Have An Interview For A Non-MT Job....they Are Going To
Oct 28, 2014

of my former employer (MModal)--- can anyone tell me what this is?  I can't find it anywhere.  I have an address on my tax form that says New Jersey, but didn't they move to Tenessee or ? .  Also,  I see so many numbers for MModal....but which one would I give to the person who is interviewing me to call and check on my employment?  Can anyone help?  Thanks in Advance!   ...

Interview
Jan 26, 2015

Hello, Does anyone have any helpful tips for me? I'm on my way to a job interview for transcription. I'm a former MT wanting to get back into it. I have experience, but haven't worked in the MT business for 1 year now. I do know I am the only person interviewing because the job isn't posted.  I have my updated resume, nice dress outfit, hair and nails groomed, and shoes polished.  Any helpful advice to calm my nerves? I really want this job.    ...

PF Interview
Feb 03, 2015

Just found out today that I have an interview with Patient First on Friday!  Any idea what to expect for the interview?  I tested a few weeks ago and had given up hope!   ...

I Have An Interview With MQ Monday...
Dec 19, 2009

Is anyone happy at MQ?  I have been an IC for the past two years and have to have benefits including insurance.  Any suggestions or ????  Thanks ...

Anyone Willing To Do An Informative Interview
Jan 20, 2010

I am about half way to getting my MT certificate. I have an assignment in my career development class where I have to set up a phone informative interview with somebody in the MT field. It would be about 15-20 mins. and I would basically be asking about your personal experiances, advice, ect. If anybody would be willing to help me out on this, it would be greatly appreaciated. Please let me know as I have to have something set up by Fri. The interview does not have to be by Fri. just have to hav ...

Encompass Interview
Feb 26, 2010

Have an interview scheduled with Encompass this coming week.  Anyone have  information on what types of questions to expect, or what their process is like in general? Haven't had an interview in ages.  Any help is greatly appreciated! :) ...

As MTs, We Should Actually Interview The Companies!
Mar 03, 2010

If you are an MT with 10 or more years experience (actually a requirement with 1 company), and you are testing and interviewing, consider this.  When you do your research on a company that you are applying with, print all the negative posts such as "horrible platform, hardly ever any work, pay is slow, they offshored my account, VR problems, etc., etc."  If you score perfectly on your test and have good recommendations, land an actual interview, we should address these concer ...

FutureNet Interview
Jun 02, 2010

Hi group!  I have a job interview with Rita at Futurenet tomorrow.  The reason I am looking is I am really tired of constantly running out of work because my company over hired and now we transcriptionists are just out of luck!  I am in my 4th year with my current job and suddenly can barely hit $100 a day.  This is really sad when there is no loyalty to their employees.  Now from what I have been reading Futurenet is the same???  I read from this group how they run ...

Interview With Medquist
Jun 08, 2010

Interviewing soon with with Medquist and doing research on the company ... not finding anything positive here.  Is ANY TRANSCRIPTIONIST happy with their position with Medquist??  Are there ANY positive benefits to this company? ...

Transcribing An Interview
Jul 14, 2010

I am doing some side work transcribing a research interview, and was wondering your opinions.  One of the respondents in the interview panel is ESL.  Her grammar is very often incorrect.  I asked them when I got the project if they wanted the transcription verbatim, and she said "yes, let's leave it true to form."  I had asked because the previous work had a lot of "like" and "you know" in it, and transcribing every utterance was actually really hard.  ...

Newbie Has An Interview!
Aug 05, 2010

So here I was, wondering if anyone would ever notice my resume or mind the fact that I am a newbie....and I got a call from someone asking me to interview next week for a job in a lab!  And it's not that far away.  Whether or not I get it, it makes me feel encouraged.   ...

Got An Interview Friday!
Oct 19, 2010

Please everyone cross your fingers and toes!!  I tweaked my resume and I've been getting some interest from potential employers and have an interview for this Friday for a medical records clerk for the prosecutor's office.  I'm so hoping this is the one, but I won't be crushed if it's not.  I've had so many disappointments in my new job search over the past year, I'm getting used to it. I'll let you all know how it goes!!     ...

Phone Interview
Nov 01, 2010

I have a phone interview for a transcription job coming up soon. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview will consist of and if anyone has any tips. ...

Rezziliant Interview ~ Oct 29, 10
Nov 08, 2010

I had an interview and was told that if I wanted the job to respond by email. I responded with a yes and have not yet heard much. Does anyone know what is going on or did anyone get hired. I am wondering if this means they don’t want me now. I did receive an email stating that the position was pushed back a week. Any news would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Encompass Interview?
Dec 14, 2010

Hi everyone, I was recently invited to have a phone interview with an Encompass representative.  Has anyone done this before?  If so, can you let me know a little bit of what to expect?  I suppose that it will be mostly like any other job interview, but I get nervous about these sorts of things.  Thanks in advance. ...

Had Interview Today
Jan 26, 2011

Having passed the test earlier this week, I had my telephone interview today and all seemed to go well.  The recruiter said he would be sending my information off and a supervisor would be in touch with me about which accounts I would "fit" with. Anyone remember how long it took from the final interview until a supervisor contacted you for placement?  Thanks in advance for any info, my future co-workers! ...

Which Companies Don't Interview
Feb 07, 2011

The company i work for now never phone interviewed me.  They just tested me and that was it.  Are there any other companies out there who just test you and don't make you do an interview over the phone? ...

Anyone Interview With Amphion And Now
Feb 14, 2011

waiting to see if they have anything for you? I interviewed with them over a week ago, told them what days I wanted to work. They said they would see what I accounts my schedule fits and get back with me and I still have not heard anything back yet? Anyone know if this is normal for them?  Thanks ...

Anyone Had Their Interview With EDOC Yet?
May 03, 2011

I was emailed to give interview times/dates, which I did....no response, nothing. ...

I Have An Interview W/MD-IT (orthopedics)
Jul 18, 2011

I have an interview w/MD-IT (orthopedics) and wondered if anyone has any knowledge about this company that they would like to share.  I originally applied to them a while back, took the test, but they filled the position.  They contacted me about a part-time position if I was still available and have set up an interview.  If you have worked for them, do they put you in a general "pool" and you just grab whatever is next or do they give you a schedule (like a particular doctor to transcribe fo ...