A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

After reading some of the posts, a thought occurred to me. - Lady Bug

Posted: Sep 27, 2011

We have perfectly good, knowledgeable, qualified, and reliable MTs leaving this profession due to low pay, unreasonable expectations, unbearable platforms, and dictators who are not held to the same standards as the MT trying to transcribe their garbage into a professional legal medical document.  It really is a shame.

I am not saying that we have a separate board regarding production, pay, platforms, etc., as I think that is what the Company Board is supposed to accomplish.  However, I do believe MTs need to make better use of this board to share their good and bad experiences, not only with the companies, but platforms, pay, expectations, PTO, benefits, work loads, and what works and doesn't work to make a profitable living at this profession.

It seems to me that things have gotten about as bad as they can possibly get for some MTs, while others seem to be thriving.  We need to share why, and who.   I do think that many MTSOs realize they have lost many valuable MTs due to certain working conditions and/or very low workloads.  We are in this business to make a living, not to sit around all day waiting for work, as even the best MT can not afford to do that.  Personally, I named my desired line count when I took my present job.  My company is very accommodating to MTs, pay well, and have reasonable expectations.  I do not make as much as I did years ago, but I am making a comfortable living with plenty of work.

All of us are nameless here, so can we start naming companies and platforms.  Who pays well?  Who has flexible schedules?  Who has good benefits and PTO?  Who are the ones who have the unreasonable expectations from MTs who sit around with no work?  Who should we avoid?  They need to get this message, or else train MT after MT who is only going to quit because of what is truly unfair pay, especially if there is no work.

I will go first.  My recommendation for anyone seeking employment with a good company would be MDIT or Meridian Healthcare Solutions (best pay and reasonable expectations).  They also do not "penalize you" in any way if there is a low workload around the holidays.  Otherwise, work is usually plenty.  QA is friendly and helpful.  They simply require dedicated and reliable MTs who put the quality of their work first. 

You can recommend a company, or warn about a company, without giving yourself away.  Perhaps this is the first step to improving the job conditions in our profession.  Good luck to all.

I work for Meridian - Good Company

[ In Reply To ..]
Best pay. Flexible schedules. Reasonable line count requirements, VR and typing. Small, growing company. They do insist on good quality work and MTs to have significant experience. There has been a lot of negative written about this company, but I would not go anywhere else. We run out of work maybe once/twice a year, which is to be expected, and it's no big deal. If you are reliable and produce quality work, they are appreciative and supportive, and value their MTs. They do provide back-up accounts if you run out of work on your primary account. They do realize that MTs have certain expectations as well.

Thanks for sharing this. What is the pay range at Meridian? nm - JustPassingThrough

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Depends on your level of experience - They have 3 levels

[ In Reply To ..]
VR goes from 4 to 7 cpl, depending. Typing is from 7 to 10 cpl, depending. Line requirements are ridiculously low, but accuracy is an absolute must.

SPI. Run like your hair is on fire. - No kidding. No message

[ In Reply To ..]
s

The pay is the problem.They could be the world's best - company, but 4-7 cpl is crummy pay.

[ In Reply To ..]
Even with the best platform out there, you can only go just SO fast, before you start compromising quality.

And will the 7cpl they offer today, go up to 9, 10, 12 cpl 5 years from now, when the economy recovers and the cost of living goes through the roof? No, it will likely continue to go DOWN.

THAT'S what's wrong with ALL MTSOs, even the so-called "good" ones.
The 7 cpl VR is definitely not crummy. 35,000-40,000 per year. - Crummy? NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I'm sorry, but MTs don't make $35-40 thou a year - on VR, or typing @ 7cpl.
[ In Reply To ..]
A person can easily come on this site and SAY they make that kind of money, but the reality is that even at 8-9 cpl, you're going to be making closer to $20-25K per year.
Who are you kidding? I beg to differ!!!! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are making 8-9 cpl and only making 20-25 per year, it is time for a reality check for yourself.

I made 9 cpl and made more than that in 6 months!!!
I beg to differ - anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you always on the same account or have been working on same accounts for years?
Sorry, but it's all too real. And the reality is, 7cpl - is lousy pay, & an insult to MTs everywhere.
[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't been following this thread until now but 7cpl + incentive is great! - From My Experience
[ In Reply To ..]
A job paying 7 cpl for one company is not equal to 7 cpl for another. There are too many variables. A person who has only experienced companies that don't pay incentive pay and/or bonuses have missed out. Also, MTs who are slow and never reach incentive pay or bonuses won't make anything. Some really good money can be made when all the variables are working in your favor. If you haven't experienced that, check to see if you can change any of those, because you are missing out.
Does not insult me one bit. I'll take it in a heartbeat. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
.... which is what enables MTSOs to scr*w us. - Medical Transcription should not be "on sale".
[ In Reply To ..]
"Medical Transcription On Sale" is what this business is about. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Some of us would not agree that we are getting scr---d. Maybe you are (and maybe you really are not). We should agree to disagree that many, many MTs can take 7 cpl on VR and make $35,000 per year and not call it getting scr---d. And if you think it is, just exactly what would you call a good VR rate per line, keeping in mind that you do have to work 8 hours a day and should definitely be editing more than the minimum line count (if not, therein lies the problem).
prove it, show us your pay stub. - EileenSideways
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Something you may not be taking into account....sm - Old Woman
[ In Reply To ..]
is things like shift differentials, premium pay for production over a certain amount, etc. Some companies pay these things and some MTs are willing to do what it takes to take advantage of these things in order to have the best possible paycheck come pay day. I, for one, work at a company that offers these things, and I take advantage of them. I work through the night, receiving an hourly bonus on top of my production pay. Another perk to working overnight is there usually is no one there with whom to grapple over work, so work is usually plentiful.

Part of what is wrong with this industry is that MTs, some MTs, won't work the overnight hours in order to may a decent pay check and show a company that they are dedicated to providing a much needed service. We have become a "cottage industry" where we want to work when we want to work (Monday - Friday, please, banker's hours) and how we want to work. If we want MTSOs to pay us as valued employees, we need to provide a service for which we are valued.

And no, I am not a suit, manager, or MTSO owner. Just an MT trying to make a living like the rest of you.
something to take into account - nina
[ In Reply To ..]
AMEN to that!!! You said it perfectly. If people want to make money, then you have to actually work for it!!! You can't tell your employer when you are going to work, you work when they need you.
7 cpl - Chavera
[ In Reply To ..]
Those rates are excellent! I am making 4 for VR, 8 for typing. Would love to make 7!
Actually, it is true - Webber
[ In Reply To ..]
I made $38,000 in 2010 at 7 cpl for straight typing and 5.5 cpl (I think, it has since changed) for VR. We do have a bonus incentive plan to help make more if you are a good producer. I have since been switched to new accounts and our pay has been cut for VR and bonus, so I am not making as much anymore, but it certainly is possible to make that amount if you are on a good platform, account, etc.
Yep, I do 1 specialty. Same docs daily. Best money. Lots of paid normals. - Hard to find, but worth it. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
X
I am sooooo jealous...wish I could find that. - jj
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Respectfully disagree s/m - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
I make 8.9 cpl for straight transcription and 4 cpl for VR, and made 10,000 in 4 months. 80% or more of that is VR on VBC. I have a straight transcription contract that pays 6 cpl, and I put in less than 20 hours a week, and make on average 800 a month with that. Then, I have a straight transcription job that pays 7.5 cpl and my first month I made almost 1600, and that was part time. I will have made over 50K this year. with one full time and two little IC jobs that I use to fill in the gaps.
destinyisntfree - anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
How many days a week do you work, and how many hours a day?
That varies - deIstinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
I work 5 days a week most of the time, unless I want to put in extra time at one of the part times. I have my days off set as the same for all of them for the sake of sanity and my family, so some days I do work more hours than others. For my full time, it is 8 hours a day five days a week. For the part times, it varies...One of the part times will usually take me 3 hours a day, but the work I get on Thursday I have until monday morning to return. The third I use to fill holes where there is not work for the others. Right now, it is a little slow, so I am only putting in an hour or two there. I probably work 70 hours a week at most, but that is by choice on my part.

My husband and I decided six months ago that it would probably be better for him to stay at home and care for our children, as I could make more money putting in extra hours than he could taking a minimum wage job in our area.

Some weeks I spread out the part times over the full week, working 6 to 7 days, but if I do, it is because it frees up time during the week as my oldest is only here during the week and at his dads on weekends that week. I don't feel that I am having to work too hard, and never seem to work more than 11-12 hours a day on any given day, and most days it is less than that.
forgot this. - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
My hourly pay averages well over 20 an hour, collectively between all three...and on some days closer to 30, so to me it is worth the effort, and it is by choice that I do this. I could work less and we would be fine financially, but I enjoy what I do and I love working.
Fail math? - successful MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I make over $50k on VR (my average VR pay is 7.5 cpl). My hourly production is easily 500 lines an hour.

I also transcribe 300+ lph on a part time job making my total MT salary close to $75k.

Those who don̢۪t believe money can be made are those who have either not embraced the process or those who just lack the skills.
successful MT--who do you work for in VR - Kelly
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never tried VR and would love to get some experience working with it. Do you work for yourself or do you work for a company? Will you e-mail me more information at brushwoodk09@students.ecu.edu? Thanks!
Don't you mean Rupees? - Cuz it sure cant be Dollars @ 7cpl.
[ In Reply To ..]
These posts prove my point. Please read - Lady Bug
[ In Reply To ..]
Why is it that one MT can make 35,000 at 7 cpl on VR, and some think it is not so hot? What is the difference? Why can one MT make a good living typing at 7-9 cpl and some can not? Why in the world would an MT say that at 8-9 cpl she could only make 20,000 to 25,000 a year? Is she not working enough? Is it the type of account, the platform, unpaid demos, unpaid "canned" text?

This is the information we should be sharing and comparing, instead of debating someone's information. I do not see many companies named here. I do not see many pay rates listed for typing or VR. Again, we are nameless. I am sure a company is not going to recognize that "Old Woman" or "Cheesey" is sharing info about them. Also, it is just as important to reveal why MTs ARE making a good living. In addition to your hard work, what platform are you using? VR/typing? What kind and how many accounts? The positive is just as important as the negative, as I believe this shared information could put us all in better positions. Use NM or SM to reveal this information. This board is an excellent resource that many fail to use effectively.
There are a couple of possibilities you didn't mention - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You mentioned some of the reasons a person can't make a good living on 7-9 cpl while others can't. You mentioned the type of account, the platfform, unpaid demos, unpaid "canned" text. You didn't mention the most obvious one, lack of skills.

I would not share the name of my company because I believe in working in the best interests of any company you work for. It isn't in the best interests of any company to tell everyone it's a great place to work. They will be inundated with unqualified applicants. That's going to take away time and effort that could be better used by the company's personnel.
"It isn't in the best interests of any company to tell everyone it is a great place to wor - Say what?
[ In Reply To ..]
You said "They will be unundated with unqualified applicants. That's going to take away time and effort that could be better used by the company's perosonnel." REALLY...????? Do you not think they can interview, test, and check references and be able to know the difference. They do it all the time, you know. It's their job for crying out loud.

Telling people it is a great place to work is not in the company's best interest? Really? Could be they miss out on opportunities to hire some really great MTs who want out of the industry because they can not find a great place to work.

I say we need to make these companies really compete for the best MTs, and the only way to do that is knowing who pays best, why their MTs are unsuccessful, and most of all, where there is plenty of work!!
i made 12 cpl and didn't make $35K a year - EileenSideways
[ In Reply To ..]
i have never made even close to $35K a year, even with three transcription jobs at once.
while other people make more than that at 7 cpl - Variables
[ In Reply To ..]
Whether the problem is the platform you work on, the accounts you have, or you own skills, the variables make the difference.
EileenSideways - not doubting your 12 cpl - do tell
[ In Reply To ..]
but why is it that you do not come close to $35,000 per year? That is an awfully high rate to make so little money (my way of thinking anyway). Perhaps we should all be comparing notes.
12 cpl - minnie
[ In Reply To ..]
WOW!! You must be really slow then!!
Then you stink! LOL! - seriously
[ In Reply To ..]
If you were making 12cpl and not breaking 35k, then you have to seriously look at your MT choices or your MT skills because one or both of them is lacking. When I was making 12cpl I made nearly 100k working full time.
oops, made a mistake (sm) - eileensideways
[ In Reply To ..]
i was figuring my pay half that as i only worked 20 hours instead of 40. if i had worked 40, i would be a millionaire now. p.s. the undertone of this board is really rude, let's try to be nicer and give people the benefit of the doubt.
Agree. I made 45 to 50K at 12 cpl straight typing - No message
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
I make 12 cpl and make 36K a year average easy - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
with only one job. I can't imagine anyone not being able to make 30 to 40K with 12 cpl on familiar accounts. I work 40 hours a week doing independent medical evaluations for a group of doctors and make very good money. I used to work for an MTSO making 12 cpl on acute care accounts, straight typing, and had no problem making a decent living, but then they reduced our pay and started using speech recognition and so I found the IME job and left.

However, I have 20+ years experience and I am a fast typist, have a good ear for accents, and I am very disciplined during my work hours (no phones, no surfing the web for pleasure, not allowing any interruptions). I think that may make a big difference on how much you make.
The word gets around just fine - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
People who do really good work tend to know other MTs who do really good work. They talk. Word gets around. There is no advantage to talking about it here with people who may or may not be as good as they say they are. We're strangers. Job recommendations and referrals are typically given for people we know.
sm - word gets around - did you misunderstand?
[ In Reply To ..]
This thread is not at all about "job recommendations or referrals." And it really is not about debating the data given here. It is just sharing company and pay information. For example, I do not believe I want to work for a company who does not pay for "normal text" inserted into reports. I also do not want to work for a company who offshores most of their work and the U.S. workflow runs low. I think it would be most interesting to know positive and negative things. There are so many reasons why there are many happy and thriving MTs, while others are struggling to make $20-$25 per year, but no one gives much factual information as to why. That would mean company information and pay. It would also mean some personal info, if shared, about experience and hours and/or workloads received.
It's simple! Some do really bad work and not much of it and others do more and better! - and see message for 1 more
[ In Reply To ..]
1. Some do really poor work
2. Some don't do much work at all (slow) (not motivated) (distracted) (treat job as something to do when there's nothing better to do)
3. Some do really good work but are slow at it, making little money.
4. Some do really good work and enough of it to make very good money.
5. Some are careful not to stay at a company where it isn't possible to make good money when you do good work and produce an appropriate amount of it.

In other words, there are people who should not be doing medical transcription in the first place. It doesn't matter where they work, they won't do well. Others will.
AGAIN, thread is not about MT work habits. Even good MTs could benefit from info. - Geeze!!!
[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone on here is so ready to insult, criticize, and debate absolutely anything. Most of us could care less about the bad work habits of MTs. Nothing will benefit them. It is a comparison of company practices, pay, benefits, PTO, platforms, and every other thing that could affect even a good MT's paycheck. OP was probably looking for a way to allow good MTs to force MTSOs to be more competitive in favor of the MTs. Some people just don't get it. If you needed to speak your mind, vent, debate, etc. couldn't you pick another thread, start a different, and try to stick to the topic!!!!!!!!
Some of us don't need others to do our research for us - Just sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
If I want to know about a company, I'll find better methods than anonymous messages from strangers.
yeah, again, nothing useful, but you just had to post, right? - just saying.... NM
[ In Reply To ..]
s
Has anyone posted company info yet? - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't seen anyone posting any information about the companies they work for yet or maybe I missed it. Not even the people who are wanting us to post that info are posting it, are they? I find that curious. I don't know what to think about it.
Do your homework - Successful MT
[ In Reply To ..]
If an MT sucks they are going to suck no matter what platform, pay rate, how nice the team lead is, whether a gift comes for MT Week, etc.

The information you want to be so freely shared, is information many of us have sought out and learned on our own.

It comes down to someone saying, "Where are the "good" companies" Well what I think is good, you might find ridiculous. Putting a company's private information out here does nothing to further the good MT. The GOOD MT will network and will find out where the jobs are that take care of their MTs, etc.

MT experience and MT reliability and MT talent DOES make a difference. If you suck at this job, you will suck at it no matter how good the company is.

And realize that even Medquist, Transcend, Nuance, etc have MTs who are making decent money. Usually because they are PROFESSIONAL and TALENTED and those things *ARE* relevant to this conversation.
I made $18 an hour at 7 cpl. - But it would be of no help to name my company.
[ In Reply To ..]
If I had worked full-time at my job, I would have made just around $40,000 at 7 cpl, but I only work part-time (approximately 20 hours a week)and made over $20,000 last year. I think averaging $18 an hour for the work I do is very fair. I do clinic work and transcribe for approximately 15 doctors. I get paid for all lines including headers and footers. I do not work on a platform. I transcribe directly in Word, which allows me to take full advantage of macros and templates that I create to speed up the work.

I realize that I am lucky (I have worked at other companies making 9 cpl and made nowhere near what I do now at 7 cpl), but giving the name of my company would help no one. It is a very small company with only a couple of accounts. They rarely hire as most MTs stick around for a long time. There is no human resources department so I feel it wouldn't be fair to the owner to give out the company information unless she wanted to. In fact, she doesn't even advertise for openings. She contacts people through the resume posting sites, which is how they found me.

Do keep in mind when you see a pay rate, VBC. - Lady Bug

[ In Reply To ..]
Visual Black Character (no spaces). This is nothing to be afraid of really. Just keep in mind that if a company offers you 8 cpl (VBC), it really means about the equivalent of 6 cpl. If you are being paid VBC because that is the way a particular platform calculates, you should expect to be paid a higher rate. If I wanted 8 or 9 cpl, I would request a pay on VBC of 10 or 11 cpl.

I'm stuck with VBC now, and although I would - love to leave out all spaces, I do this: sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I hyphenate absolutely everything that can be believably hyphenated. Spaces don't get paid. Hyphens do. The account calls for 2 spaces after colons and between sentences. Too bad. If spaces are freebies, then they get only one.

Come to find out, they also don't pay for any canned text at all. So when the doc asks for a normal, I don't use the macro, I type it out. Sure it takes longer. They want speed, let 'em pay for speed, not penalize for it.

If you do not get paid for canned/normal text insertions, you should name the Co. - name them and shame them. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

What company is that because I will stay away.... - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
Many companies doing this now. - Another way to decrease our pay.
[ In Reply To ..]
Also, if you work on Inscribe Emdat platform, they now have "qualified text, " which you get paid only a fraction for, usually 1 cpl.
What qualifies as "qualified text"? - (1 cpl is pathetic.) n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
Anything in the template. - All canned text by docs.
[ In Reply To ..]
Everything in the template when you load the report. Some docs have large normals that you used to be able to put in your expander and that would help to boost your production. Not anymore. Those normals are now inserted in the docs template and come up automatically when the report is loaded onto computer and so now the MT is no longer getting the full pay for those lines, just 1 cpl in most cases that I have seen. I turned down a couple jobs like this already.

Just look at the websites of companies using Inscribe Emdat. Many use this as a selling feature to the doctors as it cuts the cost the docs pay, but it also cuts the pay the transcriptionist receives.

What a great post Ladybug!! I would have recommended - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
JLG, although this company was constantly slammed on here by others. I was fortunate to be left alone to do my work. I'm back with MQ and to be fair I don't know what to think of them yet. When I worked there before, no way would I have recommended MQ to my worst enemy, not that I have any :) I love your post as I am exploring other avenues now and this could prove to be very helpful. Thanks!

Our company and platform... - K

[ In Reply To ..]
I am bookmarking this particular thread! I love your post!

I work for the local community hospital as an in-house employee. We use an outsourcing company called SoftScript. Their program is okay, but there are lots of unnecessary keystrokes and switching around between their program and Microsoft Word. Dictaphone with ExText and C-phones was much better for our production, and we made more money with it.

Unfortunately with the outsource company hanging over our heads, I just feel like no one will stick up for themselves around here. It is really a sad situation. I hate to see this so early in my career here.

SGS - Cheesey

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a new MT.

I became certified in April of this year and was immediately contacted through my school about an internship with Superior Global Solutions less than a week after.

I took the offer. Didn't want to be picky. 90 day internship, paid by the hour, 8 hours a day...except some days they made the interns quit early because of low work load for actual employees.

After 90 days, they offered me a job. I have been working as an employee a little over a month. Work has been plentiful. I've gotten feedback on what they think of my work and my progress. Even got a pay raise...although really not much of one. 0.035 to a whopping 0.038 lol. Editing, not transcribing. Forgot what the transcribing rate was. D'oh!

But for someone with less than a year of experience...still learning the ropes, eh, I see it as a good way to get my feet wet.

Pay stinks, but I'm thankful to be in a situation where I can endure crappy pay for a year or so while I get experience.

They use DoQscribe. Seems like a nice platform, but since it's the only one I've seen, I can't really comment much!

Wow, so many eager to post, but so little useful info to original OP - What a Shame. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
s

My thoughts on companies - destinyisntfree

[ In Reply To ..]
Here on my thoughts on companies I have had experience with in the last several years

Amphion: Gotta be the best one I have found yet. They do pay on visible black character on the accounts I work, but I don't find that that hurts too badly, probably because the platform is excellent for the accounts I am on. I work on Escription, which has got to be the best VR platform I have found to date. The drafts that come through on many of my accounts are excellent and require little editing. The supervisory staff has been the most accommodating I have ever dealt with. When a problem arises, they will work with you, as long as it does not become habitual. They are very supportive and want you to do your best. QA is never condescending or mean, the way I have seen some post that they have to deal with.

TTD (Transcription Doctors) - Yes, the pay is on the lower side, but it is all about what you put into it. They are one of the few companies left that actually understand what the term IC really means. No schedules, no time cards to punch. Most of their work is also on Escription. The downside is it does take a few weeks to get the first paycheck, and they pay by paper check and do not offer direct deposit, I do not think.

Nuance: When I worked there, it was Focus Infomatics. I worked in QA, so my experience may have been different, and from what I have seen, experiences will vary greatly based on what team you are on, but I was on a Dictaphone ExText team, and that platform is a nightmare. The worst I have seen yet for VR. For the most part, they will work with you, and they do pay above average for QA work. I was happy there until I had a health problem and the company felt it best that I look elsewhere, but was told that when things resolved I could come back. In theory, if I had no other choice, I would probably apply there again, if I could be guaranteed a different supervisor.

Similar Messages:

I Have Been Reading The Posts Below And Would Like To Say...
Nov 04, 2009

There are MT DIVAS and QA DIVAS... why couldn't the Lord have given me a voice like Whitney or Aretha, then I could have been a real DIVA and not worrying about making 7 cpl and paying house and car payments.  To be Mariah Carey wouldn't be bad either.  Which DIVA would you choose to be if you have the choice?  George Michael, Donna Summer?  I mean REAL DIVAS! ...

Reading Through Posts And Would Like To Know Why
Nov 08, 2012

Why do people keep posting about being fired? I have read posts about some getting fired, but seems like a few of them were months ago, a year ago etc. Only a couple I have noticed were let go recently and they all said it was due to either not making minimum wage or not meeting line counts. Am I missing something here? Why does everyone seem to think we are all going to be fired? ...

After Reading Through The Posts Here...
May 29, 2013

"If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude."-Maya AngelouJust wanted to share... ...

After Reading All These Posts...
Jun 07, 2015

.....why does AHIMA even offer the CCA?  I am taking their Coding Basics Progam, is that a waste of time?  Why would they even offer it?  I interviewed with a lady who is the associate vice president of client service of a large medical billing company that has been around since the 1970's and she told me this was a good program and that she herself did an online self-paced program also.  She has these credentials after her name: CPC, CEMC, CCP.  I wish I had the f ...

OMG! Reading All The Posts. Who Is The Suit
Sep 03, 2010

First want to say I am so sorry for all MT's/QA who were laid off.  How terrible, yet I feel it could be a blessing in disguise because you can get unemployement and TAA and go back to school and get out of this field.  It is pathetic reading the posts from a suit who is trying to maintain damage control for the WEB company.  The suit is the one who is still getting paid with excellent benefits, not the poor MTs/QAs who have been let go.  Makes me sick that a suit woul ...

Reading Frequent Negative Posts About Keystrokes
Jun 26, 2010

I have been reading frequent negative posts about Keystrokes recently.    I had always heard positive things about Keystrokes  in the past and I was initially excited to  join them; however  I was  more glad to leave.   I  have never had any contact with upper manangement so I have no comment there.  However, I had always read such positive things about their "caring" "helping"  etc and I did not find this to be true.   I  also found much deception.   I may sound naive but I was ...

After Reading All The Posts Below On Acute Care Work Are
Dec 05, 2011

acute care MTs still able to find work at all and how long does it take to do that. ...

So It Occurred To Me...
Sep 18, 2013

So I was going to apply for one of the jobs on the Job Seeker Board...it's one of the bigger companies, which I usually try to stay away from, but it's the specialty in which I'm really good at, so I said what the heck, I'll give it a try.  So as I'm fixing my resume to send it in, it occurs to me that this is how these big companies get the names of the little companies to swallow up whole.  So I decided not to apply.  People complain all the time about n ...

Am I Reading This Right? - Sm
Mar 02, 2010

They are basically going to make the MT who sends work to QA pay the QA salary?  Is that even legal?  I've sucked it up for a long time now, living with the ASR pay cut, but there is no way I'm going to work for 1.5-3 cents per line!    Back in the ancient times of MQ, we had no QA.  We left a blank and put in a s/l.  We learned from reading tiny lines in big books because there also was no Google and no second ear.  Of course, the dictato ...

EEG Reading
May 27, 2010

Dictated:  "He felt the EEG was a ______ left frontal sharp theta, not stereotyped, not convincing, but could not exclude epileptic discharge." Sounds like "dist 2" or "disc 2" ?? Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance! ...

Reading
Jan 23, 2012

Gives me a headache. Welcome new COO, something something, synergy something leadership something blah blah blah blah blah.  Big starting bonus, I would wager. Happy Monday! ...

Re DSG: Reading The Archives And Saw Where
Nov 17, 2009

people were complaining of running out of work a lot.  Is that still a problem at DSG or is it better now? ...

C-spine MRI Reading
Mar 07, 2010

Sentence dictated as "She also has a small C5/6 {s/l DISS}."  He's really emphasizing the "ISS" sound. I know it would make sence for it to be disc, but the sentence sounds incomplete to me? I feel like there should be herniation or protrusion or bulging at the end of the sentence if it were "disc"?  Could the "diss" sounding word be short for something? Thank you!! ...

Reading Carefully
Jul 13, 2010

I have red enough about this Mts searching job. I am a new MT too. I have searching for job as much as everyone else. It is very sad when you get to this point and find out yourself you are not going to be able to make it as fast as you thought. Today is my graduationf from Mt, and I am not excited about it, but I will still attend it. I am considering to take a full-time job in a health clinic of my local hospital. It is not what I wanted when I decided to study this career. I like medical ...

Reading Below, It Has Been My Experience - Sm
Jan 17, 2011

that if a MTSO is overstaffing, then it means they are about to pull something that no one will be happy with.  It is one of the tell-tale moves they make before implementing a harsh new policy.  ...

Am I Reading The Email Right That Sm
Feb 23, 2011

CBay has now 81% of MQ holdings and by March 4, 2011, it could have 100% of Mq holdings?  Then they would own the whole company and then what?  I hope that is not what I am reading! ...

After Reading The Ad From AssistMed, I Am
Apr 21, 2012

what they offer in terms of compensation with all the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the QA/MT positions.  When you read it, it sounds like the person/persons they are looking for would bring a lot of experience and talent to their company.  I wonder if the pay rate would come close to minimum wage considering all the variables involved, as we all know.  Anyone work there as an editor/MT?  I would love to know.  ...

Been Reading All The Threads Below.
May 09, 2012

I hear both sides.  My only problem is that I have been here for 8 years and making just over half what I started at.  Why would they have spent the last decade cutting, cutting, and then cutting some more only to give a raise now?  Also don't like to be a negative Nellie, but just don't see them giving us a raise.  I really, really hope I am wrong, but the only thing they EVER do is try to make their bottom dollar bigger.  I have seen a lot of newbies here on ...

Reading For Happy MT's
Jul 06, 2012

I agree that it can be frustrating to read the complaining on this board, but there are so many that are struggling I really feel their pain. It's like watching a movie where the house is haunted and you sit there thinking....just move out already! Just leave! Well, in reality, we know it's just not that easy. I have considered changing careers several times, but the school committment would make it so I couldn't work at all and I have a family to support. So, my suggestion is to ...

To The CEO Of MModal. Are You Reading This???
Dec 23, 2012

In case you do not know what it is.... it is on TV called "Undercover Boss".  You seriously need to know what it is like to be an MT or MME.  You need to watch the show and maybe then.... you will get a clue and see what we all do and learn to APPRECIATE US instead of treating us like slaves in slave job with low pay and no raises.    ...

I Was Reading Some Articles About MM...
Apr 05, 2013

I'm not even sure why. I guess I'm just trying to arm myself with knowledge or something. Anyway, I came across this article, here's an excerpt.  It literally made my stomach hurt. The link for the full article is below.  This was written on 9/11/12.   Speaking on the company's India plans, Dinesh Kumar , Managing Director, India for M*Modal said, "During the company's growth this past decade, India has remain ...

Some Interesting Reading...
Jul 20, 2013

http://www.outsource2india.com/services/medical_billing_training.asp   this is a pretty impressive site:  check out the management team and the testimonials.  there is basically nothing this company does not do...I wonder how much they pay - do they hire from the USA? ...

???? Just Reading All This News About
Mar 19, 2015

There have been no conference calls for me?  I emailed my TSM about this and he just simply said it doesn't apply to everyone and not to "get excited about nothing"....His typical short and condescending response to everything.   Nothing? It's NEVER nothing with this place.  I guess it doesn't apply to those of eScription....at least not YET..... This place is something else.......... ...

Love Reading These
Jun 19, 2015

What was a minor error yesterday is a feedback today ...and vice versa.  It would be comical if it weren't so punitive. ...

TSH Reading And Hyperthyroid Or Hypothyroid
Nov 11, 2009

I've got a mumbler who is saying either "hypothyroidism" or "hyperthyroidism."  My only clue is that this patient has a high TSH level. When I googled, there were many sites about thyroid, and the majority seemed to indicate that low TSH = hyperthyroidism and high TSH = hypothyroidism. Is this right? I guess I always thought it was the reverse, but apparently this was incorrect. Any experts on the thyroid out there?? ...

A Reading Skills Test
Dec 18, 2009

ancillary tests: The parents bring in s/l Conner reading skills. ...

Computers Reading X-rays Now?
Apr 02, 2010

I have a friend who lead MT at a radiology group and she tells me that they are using software that reads parts of an x-ray. It can detect where the calcifications are. I wonder if the radiologists are thinking they may out of a job just like us someday. ...

Easy Workup Reading?
Jun 24, 2011

"Chest:  Clear to auscultation bilaterally with s/l an easy workup reading.  He had equal breath sounds heard throughout." I don't know what "easy workup reading" actually is. ...

Reading Ahead While Editing
Oct 29, 2010

I've read in quite a few posts here that one of the ways to speed up your editing process is to read ahead of the highlighter. I've also read that some people read up to a whole sentence ahead. I cannot believe that people do this. What if the doctor says something that you didn't catch? Sometimes sentences make sense and you are not aware that the doctor said something because you were paying attention to correcting the draft. Can someone explain to me how you do this without mak ...

After Reading Some Wonderful Things On Here About
Nov 23, 2010

Silent Type.  I sent my resume and then sent a followup email saying I wanted to make sure they support satellite and 64-bit windows Vista, to which I got a very RUDE reply saying "We only accept resumes via silenttype.com and only if you have 5 years experience."  Gee thanks!!!  NOT! ...