A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

who works for ACCENTUS on their psych account - Betty

Posted: Feb 09, 2014

I'm trying to find someone who works for ACCENTUS on their psych account. Would love to compare notes. I recently started working for them as an IC and I'm still not even up to minimum wage!

Thanks to another poster here I felt better. - Not even 8.50

[ In Reply To ..]
First they cut you off with only so many reports. You have to learn on your own all of their programs. You have to be the IT person and load everything yourself and the troubleshooter, plus type 24/7, BUT no OT. They say in the paperwork they pay for 'downtime' in searching...then they say when you do not equate to 200 lines per hour, that you have to 'make it up!' Then you realize you are typing with no spaces being counted! Someone on this board said that it is already a 60% decrease in pay. Don't know, but know I loved my job, the work, and the account, but I guess with so many years, a psychiatrist would diagnose an 'abused MT' as we have come to think it is the 'norm' and that is all we know. For unemployment they claimed 'misconduct' that one deliberately does not get the job done that is expected of them. Go figure.

Accentus Ambulatory - oldmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I just did their psych test last week and haven't heard anything yet. Do they pay for spaces? How is the pay? The test had one ESL and one non-ESL dictator. I've had worse though. Are the real dictations really bad or is it the platform?

Do not pay for spaces. Varied dictators. - Okay platform.

[ In Reply To ..]
Accentus is now Nuance, so many different changes, and maybe more to come. Some MTs have a long history there so everyone has a different outlook. Platform changed when I was there. They had M-Modal's Apex, then had to legally switch to Nuance. Some changes good, some not. Changes slow you down until you can retrain yourself. Meanwhile, you are expected to maintain lightening speed and no setbacks at all. Don't burn out. Enjoy the joy ride. Seek out a good psychiatrist for yourself...might help.

their recent ad on mtjobs says 65/line with spaces - - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Huh...maybe that was a Nuance change?? - not sure
[ In Reply To ..]
It was for no spaces and that was Accentus, aka, tranSolutions, out of Waukegan, Illinois. They were bought out by Nuance and was in the transition phase. They were in the process of changes, so maybe all was not for the negative.
No recent ad on MTjobs by Accentus? - only Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance does not even advertise anything about pay other than competitive. ?? Maybe I am not looking in the same place.
ad dated 1/10/14 - no name
[ In Reply To ..]
Accentus – US Ambulatory
Contact Information
Bonita Springs, Florida
www.accentusinc.com
www.accentusinc.com
Job Information
Title: Transcriptionist
Experience Level: 5 years of experience.
Location of position: United States: Nationwide position
At Home or Company: At Home
Part-time or fulltime: Full Time
Employee Type: Independent Contractor
Type of Transcription: Dr.'s Office Transcription
Clinic Transcription
Specialty: Psychiatry/Psychology
Job Description: Accentus, Inc. – US Ambulatory Care Division is hiring!

Accentus Inc., a leading provider of outsourced medical transcription services to hospitals, medical clinics, and independent physicians across the US, is rapidly expanding their US Ambulatory Care Division with the ongoing need for experienced US-based medical transcriptionists to work as home-based independent contractors.

The Ambulatory division is seeking highly-qualified, productive, and experienced Medical Transcriptionists to be assigned to their own individual dictator(s). Whenever possible, transcriptionists are assigned to one dictator or a small group of dictators (exclusives). This model ultimately allows for higher production and quality for both the transcriptionist and client. Due to our exclusive assignments, we do only hire on an as-needed basis, which also ensures for optimal production for those working with us.

Apply NOW at www.accentusinc.com

(choose US AMBULATORY CARE)

Qualifications and Requirements:

â€Â¢5+ years of recent transcription experience in the specialty for which we are hiring.
â€Â¢US-based only please.
â€Â¢Typical workload consists of 1,000+ lines/day on average, unless noted otherwise.
â€Â¢Familiarity with ESL dictators. Not always required, but experience/willingness preferred.
â€Â¢Independent Contractor status
â€Â¢Competitive line rate; based on a 65-character line, including spaces.
â€Â¢Own a personal computer with Windows Operating System (Vista, 7, 8), High-speed internet, and a USB Footpedal. MACs are not compatible.
â€Â¢Must have the availability and willingness to be flexible with schedule in order to meet the turnaround times of the assigned exclusives.

Working Hours:

Monday-Friday (daytime)or short week to include weekend day(s)

CURRENTLY SEEKING:

Clinic/Ambulatory Transcriptionists with a minimum of 3-5 years of recent typing experience in the following specialties:

â€Â¢Psychiatry ESL
:

â€Â¢:

â€Â¢:

â€Â¢
Don't wait, Apply TODAY!!

www.accentusinc.com

Hardware/Software: Own a personal computer with Windows Operating System (XP, Vista, 7, 8), High-speed internet, and a USB Footpedal. MACs are not compatible.
File Transfer Method: High-speed internet
Compensation: Competitive line rate; based on a 65-character line, including spaces.
Date Posted: 2014-01-10 14:15:16

Home | Contact Us | My Account | (report problems)
MTJobs.com copyright 2013

ACCENTUS ambulatory - Betty

[ In Reply To ..]
The ESL's are awful and most of the dictators are as well on the account you will be put on. The pay is bad at $0.08 line. It's impossible to get your line count each day. You also receive no training on the various accounts they give you.

how long have you been there? - oldmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you feel it's getting any better?
Accentus - Betty
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been there about 2 1/2 weeks. Still struggling with the ESLs. They are in a race to see who can dictate the fastest and crappiest possible! I think I may have finally made it to minimum wage this week. I've been in this business for 15 years and have never seen it this bad before.
is it going any better? - old mt
[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering how things are going for you there? Any better?

ACCENTUS ambulatory - Betty

[ In Reply To ..]
They do pay for spaces. Once you get used to the platform, it's not too bad. BUT, the majority of the dictators suck. The test was really easy compared to what you will actually have to transcribe.

From what I see here, I think its a good thing I declined - taking that account sm

[ In Reply To ..]
at the time it was offered due to other conflicts in my life schedule.

I don't think I'll take it if I get called back in a few months when I was told they'd have more locations open.

Sounds like it's way more trouble than it's worth with all the fuss and hassles listed in these responses.

Not really, but confused as to Accentus/Nuance/TranSolutions - Florida/Illinois

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the posting. I do not see it posted on MTjobs board for 2/10 though by Accentus in Florida and a Betty...only Nuance. As long as it states 65 character lines and paid spaces, it is different, so it might be something that you would do well at. I know there was a posting here by another who said she could not get any speed either. Not demeaning, yet no way to make a living though either.

Accentus in Florida - Betty

[ In Reply To ..]
You cannot support your family on this income. You get part time wages for full time hours. I'm finding it very hard to get any speed going. The Team Lead and QA people are nice. But I believe they are overworked as well. They work 24/7 and want you to also.

Making well more than minimum here - happy mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't be happier with Accentus/Nuance. I'm making well above minimum wage even with the all the QT. Sometimes I do have to work at night, but that's just because the docs upload late and the TAT is closer than 24 on my accounts. If work runs low, which it barely does and I actually do a happy dance when this happens, I can always ask my TSM to be temporarily added to one of the pool accounts to help keep the money flowing consistently. I'm just worried that Nuance will be taking this all away soon, requiring employee status, and then I will back to plugging along all day and night to make ends meet like I did at other companies.

I suggest you talk to your TSM and if this account is too much for you ask to be placed on another. They have always been very helpful and work with me when I've needed changes. Good luck.

minimum wage - Betty

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm going to guess that you are working on exclusive accounts. I'm lucky if I can get an hour or two a day with a decent dictator. I am really tired of having bad ESLs and bad regular English dictators. My Lead and QA Lead are both really nice gals. I email them when I just can't take any more bad dictation.

Horrible company - Ugh

[ In Reply To ..]
They'll have their favorites and that's who will get the work. You may have some right now, but in a few weeks you won't. They bought the company I had work at for many years and I quit shortly after Accentus took over.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Who Works At Accentus Make Their Highest Pay Lvl?
Jun 22, 2012

Not STAR team, but leve 4--200+ transcription, 325+ for VR? Thanks. Have another offer that is straight transcription. Don't know what to do. ...

Information On The Psych Account TTD
Sep 06, 2011

Looking for information on the psych account TTD is advertising for on the Job Seeker's Board.  Is there enough work?  How is the platform?  Do they pay on time?  Do they pay for spaces?  Any info is appreciated.  I have been looking for work for so long, I am thinking of giving up, but not sure what I would do. ...

AccuStat Posting For Psych Account Again
Sep 01, 2014

Says PRN which is kind of like clean up or someone's gopher and no guarantees. Different for companies who state "On Call' where you are paid even if there is no work!  And it also is not like a nurse who is per diem and gets sometimes DOUBLE because of no benefits.  Not here though.  Probably double the headaches and time spent for pennies of self learning. ...

Anyone Who Works On A Bayscribe Account
Nov 01, 2012

I am curious if your account is going to continue with Bayscribe with Nuance taking over.  I know someone who works for one of these accounts and she tells me she has not received any emails regarding switching platforms, etc.  She also only does straight typing, no VR at all.  ...

VR At A Lower Rate Only Works On Your Famliar Account....
Nov 10, 2009

I am doing VR on a hospital account that I just started doing in August - the amount of time that I spend researching doesn't change to "half" when I am doing VR from straight.  I don't know the names of the all the doctors, hospitals, clinics, cities, streets, etc. in this account - if the VR puts in Dr. Stevens - I have to double-check to make sure that it doesn't mean Dr. Stephens.  That is all very time-consuming.  I may be able to speed up the audio to 35% or 4 ...

Accentus Employee On The New VR Account.
Aug 25, 2012

Hi all: Could someone who is currently working on this account please message me? I recently applied for this position but after seeing all of the horrible things written about Accentus all over the Internet, it makes me wonder if it's worth the move. Thanks in advance! ...

Accentus Bronze/gold Account
Jul 19, 2012

All the info I have is a teaching hospital, maybe oncology, transplants.  Are they good dictators?  Easy to attain line goals and incentives?  Is it straight typing or VR?  Any other helpful info?  Thanks!! ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Psych Med
Aug 06, 2010

[sounds like bathanical] 10 mg tablets three times a day ...

Psych Job
Oct 29, 2010

Did anybody who applied for the psych job ever hear back? ...

Psych Help Please
Aug 24, 2011

Suicidal patient. Leading sentences below: Positive suicidal ideation. No homicidal ideation. Positive auditory hallucinations. Positive s/l flight of ideas. Positive s/l 10 dentiality. Negative visual hallucinations. Thank you, Teri ...

In A Psych Report, What Does This Mean?
May 18, 2010

TB/TI/TC/TW Thanks.  ...

Psych Scale
Jun 23, 2010

The patient completed a PHQ and a s/l lupus Functioning Scale.  Lucas?  Can't document anywhere.  TIA. ...

Psych Consultation
Oct 19, 2010

At the end of the report the doctor says Axis I -Adjustment disorder with anxiety, moderate in degree. Then he says "New paragraph, Psychogenic amnesia", then he says Axis II . Do I skip a line after Axis I, then write Psychogenic amnesia? How do I set that up? Please help, Thanks. ...

The Psych Ad Is Posted Again
Oct 31, 2010

Looks like the psych position is open....? ...

Psych Diagnosis
Jan 23, 2011

I am wondering if it is necessary to type out GAF in the diagnosis or to leave as is.  Thanks for your advice. ...

Psych MT By The Hour
Mar 03, 2011

Someone posted a job on the Job Seekers board advertising $12.00 an hour for a psych MT.   How does that work?  They don't mean a dictated hour do they?  ...

Psych Transcribing?
Mar 26, 2012

Is there anyone here who can tell me why many of the companies who have psych reports only want MTs with 5 or more years experience? I've done a few psych reports and had no problems with them. I find them fascinating and would love to secure a job doing mainly those type of reports (if there are such jobs?). Just wondering why the 5 year requirement? Thank you in advance to anyone who has an answer.  ...

Psych Med Lacturna
Jul 31, 2012

s/l Lactura lacturna floctura, said with Hispanic accent, 40 mg a day.  ?? ...

Psych Term
Oct 10, 2012

I am stuck on a term that has been repeated several times in a progress note and I'm not getting it nor am I finding it on the internet.  Of course, my word books are at home and I'm working from my sister's today to look after my mom....anywho.  Here are  my blanks:    He also reported some benefit from the increase in the Cogentin with decreased _____.  In addition, his Cogentin was increased from 1 mg to 1.5 mg and then to 2 mg due to complaint ...

Psych Work
Sep 26, 2014

Does anyone know any companies hiring for Psych specialty? ...

CDH Psych Solutions
Apr 01, 2015

Does anyone have any information on this company, i.e., pay, line requirements, etc.?  I tried googling them, but found absolutely nothing, which doesn't mean they are not real because I currently work for a very small local company that has no website.  Looking to bring in a little more income, so anything helpful would be very much appreciated. ...

Psych Note Funny
May 14, 2010

I was reviewing a psych. note before processing it and came across something that I thought might make someone's day... :-)  The dr. said, "Serial 3's ..." and the typist put "Cereal 3's..."...  Sure was glad I caught that one... ...

Psych Chart Use Of Swearing
Aug 10, 2010

The social worker dictates that the patient said, (quote) "Everything is driving me f-ing crazy."  Should I type f-ing or really type out the whole f word in the quotes? ...

Looking For Psych Reimbursement Codes. SM
Nov 11, 2010

I work as an IC MT for a psych clinic. My director called, asking for coding information. He knows nothing about coding (neither do I) and it took me a while to catch on to what he wanted. I believe he wants an ICD-9 code for the appropriate compensation of writing and reviewing reports?  His office secretaries don't have any idea.  A code for somone like himself writing and reviewing at a master's level, then another code for the psychiatrist obviously at a higher l ...

Psych Word - S/l Down-tia-thymic
Mar 27, 2012

During a psych eval. Sentence is : Affect is congruent and he appears s/l down-tia-thymic. Thanks in advance. ...

Psych MT Job On The Seeker's Board
Oct 31, 2012

There's a posting by Blair's Transcription Services.  First, I can't even find this "company" on the internet to verify it, and second, they're requiring the purchase of a C-phone.  I'll admit, I didn't know what a C-phone was, so I looked it up.  Those things are about $900 each!!!  If they're wanting me to spend more money on an instrument to receive the dictation than I did on my fully-loaded computer, they need to offer a heck of a bette ...

Psych And Misc Clinics
Jan 03, 2013

Has anyone applied for these positions and heard anything from the company yet?  ...

Psych Medication S/l:  SOFA BAX 50 Mg Tid
Feb 12, 2013

s/l:  SOFA BAX 50 mg tid it isn't Topamax. any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Psych Report - Med S/l: FAS-E-CLOW
Jun 10, 2014

dose 100 mg p.o. qam and 400 mg p.o. qhs pt has depression and anxiety.   Thanks for any help!     ...