A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

webmedex line requirements? - looking

Posted: Jun 15, 2011

I heard they had increased the minimums required, could you tell me what they are now?  Do they do PT of less than 20 hours?

wmx requirements - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Requirement is now 6500 lines/week, and this includes straight typed or ISR. I think their minimum for part time is 20 hours, but am not positive. If you want to receive benefits at all, you must work a full 40+ hours or lose them :( Which means, if you run out of work and can't get in your lines, you end up using PTO or working 12 or more hours a day to try to get in your 8 hours or lose those benefits.

Why would you even look at a company that is losing MTs left and right due to NO work and lowered pa - Save yourself the headache

[ In Reply To ..]
left a while ago. Do not recommend this company at all.

Love working at Webmedx - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Webmedx for many years and wouldn't consider ever changing to a different company. It isn't always better somewhere else! I highly recommend Webmedx to anyone who is seeking a new employer. They are tops!
HA - You are one of the few still there who is happy. Good luck.... sm - You wont be for long
[ In Reply To ..]
As someone who recently left, I know at least 12 other MTs who are gone and - YES - it can be better somewhere else.
Sure they are tops if you are management! - Spare Me!!
[ In Reply To ..]
Such a typical management plant answer. Stay away from this loser of a company. Read the archives to see what they have been up to the last year. See how shabbily they treat their employees (lay-offs via e-mail and then supervisors and HR won't answer their phones for starters. there is much, much more DIRT on this company. Anyone who says they would never think of changing companies is not an MT.
*like* .... - LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
Meh. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been working for them many years, too, and am skeptical that you're an MT. There have been many employees leaving lately. The common sentiment among long-time employees I'm in touch with is that the company has radically changed for the worse in the last few years, particularly the last year. Tops? I just can't imagine saying such a thing. Yes, I will agree that the grass often looks greener elsewhere, but gushing about Webmedx being "tops" rings hollow to me. They've cut pay multiple times in multiple ways. There are no cost-of-living raises. I know people who have been employed for years and haven't received a raise.

They've cut pay. They've laid off MTs. Then they said they would start calling back those they laid off, and I haven't seen ANY indication that they kept their word on that. They let go some very good management who were loyal to the company and had been with the company for many years.

Your post rings inauthentic to me. I'm a long-timer and just don't know anyone who's got your enthusiasm for this company now.
You must work for that other Webmex - the one with work to type?
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for the "evil twin" of YOUR Webmedx - at mine we have no work, I am sitting there with NJA 12 hours a day and usually forced to work one of my "weekend" days to get 40 hours and keep my benefits. But we're still HIRING. How cool is that? Yep, MY Webmedx is "TOPS" in denial and insensitivity to their employees.
other webmedx - soon-to-be-gone webbie
[ In Reply To ..]
Agree wholeheartedly with above. Also, how about the people given 1 day's notice and fired for not being able to make minimum wage, or for not being able to get in their required 40 hours due to no work, then being put into part time status and losing all benefits? How about the long-term extremely loyal managers who were fired? The 2 left in the higher managerial positions at this point have NO transcription experience and are trying to micromanage us! They are nightmares! Run run run from this company!
Remarkable, aren't they. nm - Tongue In Cheek
[ In Reply To ..]
best in KLAS, my you know what.
Love working at Webmedx??? - ExHappyWebbie
[ In Reply To ..]
You're a suit. Webmedx was a great place to work until JR and TE took over and fired the people who had a clue. Neither TE nor JR have any MT experience, and it shows,they're only suits. Note that since these 2 took over and got rid of LR, SC, and DGV how the work pools have all been messed up, pay slashed, and line counts upped? My guess is TE and JR are setting this once wonderful company up for sale to another company....and I'm guessing that could well happen by the end of the year.

So thankful I opted out not long ago. I'm loving my new company! I truly used to love this company....but once things started unfolding a couple months back, I could see the writing on the wall!
You may want to hang a shingle as a psychic considering the - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
news that was announced here not even 24 hours after you posted. No doubt there's more money in it than there is in MT. :)

Webmedx - tracy

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been working for them for several years and find they are the most ethical and compassionate company in the industry. The grass isn't always greener and many people are struggling to find a job.

And yet another mgmt plant. *Ethical and compassionate*? sm - Lucy In the Sky

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe at one time they were both those things, but after 2 major pay cuts, firing really great mgrs, and continuing to lose business, that is a doubtful statement - unless you are in mgmt and trying to salvage the reputation of a sinking ship. (think *Titanic* and in this case, women and children are not first into the lifeboats.) I find it interesting that you used the SAME VERBIAGE as the other obviously mgmt poster above regarding the greener grass.

Were they ethical when they fired 20 plus MTs last year w/o even a single day's notice? They did a reduction in force via snail mail and simply cut them off the system when they tried to log into work. How *ethical and compassionate* is that??

sour grapes - Tracy

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so sorry. Sounds like you've had a bad experience. I hope you have better luck with your next company. And no I'm not management, I'm a single mother who sees the glass half full.
I see an empty bank account - who cares about the glass? - u are a suit
[ In Reply To ..]
Suits can be single mothers too, and they can also be optimists. Its darn easy to be optimistic when ya get pay raises instead of pay cuts, am I right?
If by "having a bad experience*, you mean taking a huge cut in pay, then yes. sm - Lucy in the Sky
[ In Reply To ..]
Also the best mgr I've had in my life (30 plus years in the MT world) was inexplicably replaced by someone who seems to know nothing about workflow, morale or communication, and yes that also gives me *sour grapes*. I personally would call that realistically being unimpressed by your so-called ethical & compassionate company but maybe that's just me??

I SERIOUSLY doubt you are a *single mother who sees the glass half full* - how could you, if you recently experienced the same 20-25% pay cuts the rest of us REAL WORKERS did.

Suit.

Compassion means paying me 10k less EACH year? - gee thanks!

[ In Reply To ..]
Compassionate + ethical to work diligently to eliminate all MT jobs by promoting their front-end speech wreck instead - while simultaneously pushing us to get a CMT? How many compassionate and ethical pay cuts have YOU taken in the last 3 years right along with us - SUIT?

Tracy/TE? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Is that you TE?? Sure sounds like it! glad you are so happy and I'll bet you got a nice raise for helping cut all of our pay, huh?

Or else it is one of her minions, eh?? nm - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
You can almost tell which one of the mgrs it is by how they post, right??
Comparable pay - JP
[ In Reply To ..]
Is it simply the profession? Please provide some insight. I've been looking around and it doesn't appear that any other company pays as well as Webmedx. Thanks, JP
Transcend, Transsolutions and Amphion do sm - For certain accounts
[ In Reply To ..]
Web has never paid at the top of the line as far as I know.
Offshore? - JP
[ In Reply To ..]
Aren't those companys offshore? I really don't want to work for a company that sends our jobs to foreign land and could put American medical records in the hands of terrorists.
RE: Offshoring. - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot speak to Transsolutions. Transcend does offshore. Amphion Does not. I used to work for Transcend, and currently work for Amphion.

I am making more at Amphion than I have anywhere else in quite a while. At Amphion, pay will vary some based on experience and skill level, which team you are placed on, and your quality score and production levels.

I have seen a lot of people decide not to go with Amphion because they do pay on a visible black character line, but the user friendly platform (at least in my case on Escription), amount of support, and quality of the job, along with the line rate and incentive options, seem to make up for it in my case, and I am actually earning more than other places where I was paid for spaces and worked in ExText.

Amphion is hiring right now, for anyone who is interested, and you can feel free to contact me privately if you would like any additional information.

webmedx line requirements - willow

[ In Reply To ..]
used to be nice company, but run as far and as fast as you can! No one who has never been a transcriptionist should be in management. They just don't get it about work flow, etc.

Industry pressure - Grant

[ In Reply To ..]
Nah. There is much more to running a transcripiton business than workflow. The problem is that our industry is changing so quickly and more and more hospitals are willing to ship work offshore where labor is cheap. This despite of poor quality and privacy issues. In order for companies to survive, they must embrace technology that are faster, cheaper and better. Unfortunatly or fortunatly depending on your perspective or skill set, this includes speech recognition.

Similar Messages:

Line Requirements
Sep 25, 2014

Hi, Does anyone know of any companies who still have 150 or 200 lph minimum requirements with employee status..besides Nuance.  Also, does anyone know of any companies who offer 12 hour windows with employee status..again, besides Nuance.  Thanks!  ...

Minimum Line Requirements
Jan 20, 2010

Have any MTSOs set a minimum number of lines per hour for VR Editing (per hour, day, week, or pay period)?  I have seen posts where Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors have lamented about losing benefits because they are not able to meet straight typing minimums (the average seems to be around 150 lines per hour, 1200 lines per day, or 6000 lines per week), but I have never seen anyone talk about not being able to meet MINIMUM VR Editing requirements.  Since it seems as though most la ...

Zylomed PT/FT Line Requirements? Sm
Mar 30, 2010

I'm thinking about applying but can't find anything on their website which says what their minimum line requirements are for full-time...if anyone could tell me it might save me a lot of time...thanks much! ...

Line Requirements For Webmedx
Aug 12, 2010

What are the line requirements for this company?  Opinions on the company?  I am currently working for "#1" that likes to "#2" all over their employees.  ...

What Are The Line Requirements At M-Modal For VR?
Mar 19, 2012

Seems as long as you make more than minimum wage you are fine. But I was curious if they had an actual "line requirement" for VR. ...

Line Count Requirements
May 31, 2012

Is there anyone willing to share what their daily line counts are? Thanks for your help with this. ...

VR Line Count Requirements And Pay
Jun 05, 2012

Would anyone mind sharing what they earn per line for VR editing? I would also appreciate knowing who you work for. This will help in determining new wages where I work. ...

Minimum Line Requirements 150 LPH?
Nov 22, 2013

For the sake of clarification, is the minimum line requirements really 150 LPH for all MTs on all accounts?  I watched the recorded presentation this morning and am not really liking what I see.   What happens if you don't make the 150 LPH???  Probation???  Firing??  Insurance was EXPENSIVE.  Also, looking at the posts, does the "clock" we use track our keystrokes to see when we are working or how does that work??? ...

Saince Line Requirements And QA
Jun 18, 2014

Anyone know how many lph or minutes you are required to do? Also how is their QA? ...

What Are The Line Count Requirements At TransTech?
Jan 18, 2010

Am curious about the line count requirements at TransTech for both standard and VR before I send my resume. Don't want to waste my time or theirs if I feel the requirements are too high. ...

Now Different Line Requirements For SR Reports Vs Transcription
May 27, 2010

Spheris minimum line count was 127.5 lines per hour, and after taken over by Medquist, they had a meeting. They said this was nothing to do with Medquist's higher line requirement, but they said if we do only SR work, then we have to do 192 lines per hour. Straight transcription is still 127.5 lines an hour. They do pay less for SR lines than transcription, but still as long as we got our line counts in during our shift, they were happy. How do we keep straight our line count for SR and TR ...

I Wonder If They Would Consider Lowering MT Line Count Requirements Now
Apr 17, 2015

I mean, we bottom of the barrel scum certainly can't be held to the same standards as these lofty experts, right?  ...

What Are The Number Of Hour/line Requirements For FT Benefits? NM
Sep 09, 2010

X ...

Part-time Line Requirements And Pay Scale
Apr 22, 2012

Could someone tell me what the line requirements are for part time at M Modal?  Or is it just hour requirements, etc.?  Also, what is the pay scale there?  Just weighing my options. ...

What Are Amphion Line Count Requirements For Full Time?
Sep 25, 2010

nm. ...

Is Webmedex Platform Easy To Use?
Jan 16, 2010

Do you have to go to a lot of screens to enter demographic data?  Is there a lot of downtime?  Is the VR program fairly decent or are they putting every dictator on it and then the MLS has to straighten it out.     ...

Info Webmedex On Health Insurance
Dec 01, 2009

I am so sick of not making any money!  I brought home about 16,400 this year and this is only my 5th year in MT, so I suppose that is okay... not really.  I found out there are brand new MTs in my company making more then me!  I was like come on now!!!  Anyway, I have decided to make ends meat that I need to take another 8 hour job.  So I will be working the dreaded 16 hour work day to make sure me and my 3 kids have a roof over our heads.  I know I can do it, but i ...

Does Anyone Work For Webmedex Part-time? Looking For Any Info, Please.
Jan 18, 2010

Any info at all regarding platform, hours, etc.   Thanks so much! ...

Applying With Webmedex For Radiology Position...looking For Info (sm)
Feb 05, 2010

I am looking for information about enough work with Webmedex radiology, type of platform, difficulty with platform, access to more than one account, and how difficult it is to obtain your lines.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  ...

What Are MQ LPH Requirements For FT
Jan 19, 2010

NM ...

LPH Requirements
Jun 27, 2010

What is the minimum line count requirement at MedQuist?  Do you have different line count requirements for SR versus regular transcription?  thank you ...

Job Requirements
May 31, 2011

When a company states that their requirements are 1,000 lines/  24 hour turnaround and or 5,000/ 7days, what does that mean?  Forgive my ignorance but as you can see I'm new at this.  ...

Requirements For PAs
Oct 27, 2013

I posted this information below in response to someone else but wanted to bring it to the top because I, too, wonder why many PAs are so notoriously inaccurate when dictating.  Hope nobody's offended by a double post. I was reviewing PA coursework at a leading university and quote the following: (My comments are in parentheses) "A course in medical terminology is recommended (not REQUIRED?) for applicants who are not health professionals or for any appl ...

What Are Some LPH Requirements Out There??
Mar 04, 2014

I was wondering what some of these other companies require for line counts per hour.  We are required to do 520 on eScription -- I never make it.  Lots of ESL, 99% editing.  ...

Physical Requirements?
Jul 01, 2010

I've been thinking about going into coding, but what is it like physically? The immobility of transcription drives me crazy sometimes, as well as the eye strain of editing, so I am wondering if the actual physical work of coding includes the same stress. Or maybe I will just get a job on my feet, stocking in a warehouse? ...

Minimum Requirements?
Apr 21, 2010

I've worked for MQ before, just before CBay bought MQ, but I can't remember (and maybe it's changed) what is the minimum number of hours or lines required per week?  I thought it was something like 2000 lines per week.  Is the minimum per hour still 100 lph for PT? Also, what's the pay rate for VR now?  I think it was still 70% when I left.  Is it 50% or 60% of your regular line rate? I'm just looking for something very part-time, like 10 hours ...

Are Requirements Getting Higher
Aug 03, 2010

Seems to me, "one year acute care experience" was the basic requirement to sign on with an MTSO. Then it went to three years. Now, a lot of places require "five years' experience." Plus, QA has gotten unbelievably picky. I've always had top-notch quality and even been complimented personally by physicians at various local clinics. Recruiters call my test scores "excellent." And YET, wherever I start working, my QA looks like the homework of some dyslexic third-grader that comes back fr ...

Radiology Requirements
Jun 21, 2011

What are the radiology requirements for production?  What platform is used?  What do you have to do to transfer to radiology?  Is the pay worse, better, or the same? ...

Certification Requirements
Oct 26, 2010

I am curious about whether one has to have a certain amount of experience in coding before you can take the CCA or CCs certification exam.  I have had 20 years of A&P and know a considerable amount about disease process.  I have been studying coding on my own for about a year now.  I know that your chances for passing the test are better if you have been in the coding business for several years, but has anyone out there taken the CCS just by studying and utilizing their life e ...

DQS System Requirements
Jun 18, 2011

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find specific information on running DQS on my computer.  I can run it on my desktop but recently purchased a new laptop that has a 64 OS and DQS only works with 32.  Also, my old laptop won't run it for some reason even though it used to before DQS upgraded.  Anyway, I would like to find the specifications on running DQS if anyone can help.  thank you. ...