A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Line count requirements - jodavisnm

Posted: May 31, 2012

Is there anyone willing to share what their daily line counts are? Thanks for your help with this.

My daily line count - Happy Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I work part-time and average 1200 lines per day. Bayscribe plaform, straight transcription, no VR.

Lucky You :) - GrandmaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
3 years ago, that was my average too, making between 14-17 an hour, now my job is mostly VR and I'm making minimum wage. Thank your lucky stars and pray your account does not go to VR!

Happy Mom - happychick

[ In Reply To ..]
How long did it take you to get up to 1200 lph? I've been at my new job for a week now and am only averaging 1000. I use a ton of expanders, etc.

line count - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Concentrate on your quality first, line count second. You can't imagine the mistakes that come through done by the "huge producers" and everyone must remember you are dealing with a life. Had one the other day the patient was given a 15,000 mg dose of a med that is given in a 5 mg dose.
And about quality - Happy Mom
[ In Reply To ..]
Not all of us high producers are mindless of quality. My QA score is 99.5% on an all-ESL teaching hospital account.
exactly - wow
[ In Reply To ..]
To say that because someone is a high producer, their work is shoddy is just wrong. I produce 99%-100% QA scores and transcribe at least 2500 lines per day. Some of us can really walk and chew gum.

Line count - Happy Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been doing this for many years. I do 350 lph straight typing. Will not do VR.

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for your reply. Would you mind sharing who you work for? I would appreciate it.

line requirements - me2

[ In Reply To ..]
Required 1200
I usually do about 2500.

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the information. Would you be willing to share who you work for or the state you live in?

Line count - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Part time 750, full time 1500

HOW - Iwish

[ In Reply To ..]
in the world do you do it? I can't get past 800 and that's on a really good day. I have expanders but obviously not enough...

you have got to figure - the variables

[ In Reply To ..]
It all depends on so many things, the platform, how much fooling around you have to do with the patient information before you even start to type. If it's VR, you have to figure in how well the document is rendered. If it's straight typing, the length of the dictation, how many templates, how clear it is, how long you have been on the account. Sure, there are those who put out 400 lines an hour but when you dig a little deeper, you will always find a reason for it. Don't be so hard on yourself! You too are a star.
the variables - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes the "reasons" for high producers have to do with intelligence, ability, experience, commitment and passion.

line count requirements - brendatyng

[ In Reply To ..]
I try to reach 1200 a day with the current company I am at. We do typing and VR. VR is not great...pay is lower overall, pays half per line of what typing does. That is on a 65 character count. My last job at a hospital got cut last year due to outsourcing. A large percentage of hospitals have 60-63 character count. I averaged 1600 lines per day at that time AND worked at home AND the VR reports counted the same as typing!!!

Line Counts - TK

[ In Reply To ..]
I try to get 1500 lines a day (mixed VR and straight typing). I can do up to 2200 on a day when I'm actually committed to working and not screwing around on the internet. My last audit was 99.9%...

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for responding. Are you required to do 1500 lines a day? Would you mind sharing who you work for or what state you live in?

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the information. Would you be willing to share who you work for or the state you live in?

Similar Messages:

VR Line Count Requirements And Pay
Jun 05, 2012

Would anyone mind sharing what they earn per line for VR editing? I would also appreciate knowing who you work for. This will help in determining new wages where I work. ...

What Are The Line Count Requirements At TransTech?
Jan 18, 2010

Am curious about the line count requirements at TransTech for both standard and VR before I send my resume. Don't want to waste my time or theirs if I feel the requirements are too high. ...

I Wonder If They Would Consider Lowering MT Line Count Requirements Now
Apr 17, 2015

I mean, we bottom of the barrel scum certainly can't be held to the same standards as these lofty experts, right?  ...

What Are Amphion Line Count Requirements For Full Time?
Sep 25, 2010

nm. ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Line Requirements
Sep 25, 2014

Hi, Does anyone know of any companies who still have 150 or 200 lph minimum requirements with employee status..besides Nuance.  Also, does anyone know of any companies who offer 12 hour windows with employee status..again, besides Nuance.  Thanks!  ...

Minimum Line Requirements
Jan 20, 2010

Have any MTSOs set a minimum number of lines per hour for VR Editing (per hour, day, week, or pay period)?  I have seen posts where Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors have lamented about losing benefits because they are not able to meet straight typing minimums (the average seems to be around 150 lines per hour, 1200 lines per day, or 6000 lines per week), but I have never seen anyone talk about not being able to meet MINIMUM VR Editing requirements.  Since it seems as though most la ...

Zylomed PT/FT Line Requirements? Sm
Mar 30, 2010

I'm thinking about applying but can't find anything on their website which says what their minimum line requirements are for full-time...if anyone could tell me it might save me a lot of time...thanks much! ...

Line Requirements For Webmedx
Aug 12, 2010

What are the line requirements for this company?  Opinions on the company?  I am currently working for "#1" that likes to "#2" all over their employees.  ...

Webmedex Line Requirements?
Jun 15, 2011

I heard they had increased the minimums required, could you tell me what they are now?  Do they do PT of less than 20 hours?     ...

What Are The Line Requirements At M-Modal For VR?
Mar 19, 2012

Seems as long as you make more than minimum wage you are fine. But I was curious if they had an actual "line requirement" for VR. ...

Minimum Line Requirements 150 LPH?
Nov 22, 2013

For the sake of clarification, is the minimum line requirements really 150 LPH for all MTs on all accounts?  I watched the recorded presentation this morning and am not really liking what I see.   What happens if you don't make the 150 LPH???  Probation???  Firing??  Insurance was EXPENSIVE.  Also, looking at the posts, does the "clock" we use track our keystrokes to see when we are working or how does that work??? ...

Saince Line Requirements And QA
Jun 18, 2014

Anyone know how many lph or minutes you are required to do? Also how is their QA? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Now Different Line Requirements For SR Reports Vs Transcription
May 27, 2010

Spheris minimum line count was 127.5 lines per hour, and after taken over by Medquist, they had a meeting. They said this was nothing to do with Medquist's higher line requirement, but they said if we do only SR work, then we have to do 192 lines per hour. Straight transcription is still 127.5 lines an hour. They do pay less for SR lines than transcription, but still as long as we got our line counts in during our shift, they were happy. How do we keep straight our line count for SR and TR ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

What Are The Number Of Hour/line Requirements For FT Benefits? NM
Sep 09, 2010

X ...

Part-time Line Requirements And Pay Scale
Apr 22, 2012

Could someone tell me what the line requirements are for part time at M Modal?  Or is it just hour requirements, etc.?  Also, what is the pay scale there?  Just weighing my options. ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...

Low Line Count
Jul 20, 2012

Has anyone else working in the North Region noticed that their line count has gone down since CCM made it so that only one job loads at a time? ...

Line Count...
Sep 19, 2012

I have been working for this company for about 18 month and so far so good. It was even bought out by a bigger company and everything stayed the same with no problems. They don't bother me, I do my work and everything is fine. About 6 months ago my line count started going way down and I really just chalked it up to not being able to concentrate as much because my baby started walking and basically making it impossible for me to work. For the past week my line count has about doubled. ...

No Line Count
Nov 13, 2012

Over an hour into my shift, I went to check my line count, so that I can keep track hourly.. well it has ZERO... nothing has taken effect yet??? is this normal. ...

Need Line Count Help
May 04, 2013

I have been told that I need to increase my LPH.  So last night I kept track of the lines of each document done by using MS Word.  But later when I compared it to Nuance's line tracker (ichart) it only listed half the lines that MS Word listed.  How can this be?  I realized that Word my count blank lines, but how can there possibly be that much difference?  I felt like I really kicked butt last night, but then to look at LPH with Nuance's ichart I felt cheated/ ...

Line Count Rip Off
Aug 10, 2013

Does anyone feel like they doing more jobs for less lines? ...