A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

monilial infection under the breast..... treat with - s/l "dunbar" compresses....TIA

Posted: Jan 12, 2010

nm

Try Domeboro. Oldie but goodie. sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Domeboro, comes in solution and powder etc. Used for eons, as long as I have been typing that is!!! I think it is over 50 years old.

Thanks! That's it ...... but.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have NEVER had to use that word and I have been doing this for 30 years!! Unbelievable! Gyn/OB is the specialty I have done the least and I mean the LEAST! Can't even remember IM or FP docs dictating this. I've never even heard my female family members mention it either..... just learned something new!

I worked at a hospital for railroad workers etc, sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of these men worked outside in all kinds of weather and got all kinds of rashes so they used it a lot for relief. I never typed OB/GYN UNTIL I got to this hospital and the GYN docs used our OR!! What a shock. My least fav speciality, but the docs were great and took good care of all of us so I learned, but boy, talk about tough!!!!

Similar Messages:

The Left Breast Remains Swollen Compared To The Right Breast With Some S/l Po Durage Changes Of The
Dec 19, 2009

xx ...

When You Have Resigned From A Job, Did They Treat You Like You Were Nothing?
Mar 09, 2010

I was working at two companies.  One I was an employee and the other I am an IC.  I have a baby who is 4 months old, so the IC job is much better for me for now since I can work when I want and as how much as I want.  The company where I am an employee, I sent an email to my TeamLeader to let her know I had made the decision to resign and my reasons for doing so.  By the time I hit the send button, they had blocked my email and everything and did not send me an email to say s ...

SICK OF HOW BIG MTSOs Treat Their MTs!
Sep 10, 2013

I just have to vent that I am SO SICK of how rude and condescending larger MTSOs can be to their MTs!  Seriously!  I get that MTs make ridiculous mistakes sometimes and that can be so frustrating for them, but sometimes the MTSOs get it wrong - and I certainly don't see them apologizing when that happens!  Rude, condescending emails, or calling the MT out in front of a group of other MTs is just so horrible!  Making fun of MTs amongst eachother.  Emailing eachother ...

Accentus - Companies Out There That Treat Their MTs With Respect?
Jul 13, 2012

Just had the most demoralizing experience of my 20 year medical transcriptionist career with this company. QA score of 99.4% and got "let go" because I wasn't doing a good enough job, and my line counts were just getting up to the required range. I am seriously considering changing careers because of this. Just wanted to find out if this is just me or are there others out there that had the same experience with this company? Are there any companies out there that treat their MTs with respec ...

TREAT EMPLOYEES LIKE THEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE
May 31, 2014

nm ...

Wonder If Nuance's Stockholders Know How Poorly They Treat Their Employees.
Dec 14, 2011

They should be ashamed. No paid holidays? Pay cuts? Greedy bastards. ...

Pt With Boxer's Fracture - Plan: Treat With A S/l Cobra Splint?
Aug 20, 2011

x ...

Infection
Feb 08, 2013

There has been no unexplained rashes or kidney/liver dysfunction.  There is no history of herpes, syphilis, or other s/l SEEN-US infection. ...

Infection Question
Oct 25, 2011

status-post debridement of the subacromial space and s/l pe-ack-nees infection?  Thank you. ...

Infection Word Help
Nov 22, 2013

"If the patient has an increase in the ESR and CRP off of antibiotics and they are not normal, we will perform a repeat shunt tap for opening pressure and again send CSF for culture. If the [_______] represents a true infection, __________ is an indolent infection meaning the patient would likely have those symptoms over time." Both blanks it sounds like "pee acne" infection. Patient is being treated for some kind of Bacter infection. ...

Severe Ear Infection Treatment
Apr 01, 2011

Need the drug name for what sounds like "Odreno cef 750" for treatment of severe ear infection.  ...

Pin Tract Or Pin Track Infection
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me which is the proper way to type "pin tract or pin track infection"? Thanks! ...

Chronic Tonsil Infection
Jul 10, 2012

She has (deforter) breathing and (epic) episodes per her mother. Help! ...

Infection Around The Tracheostomy Site - Hypen?
May 14, 2010

Patient has chronic infection around his tracheotomy site, but he dictates it as "chronic Staph infection peri tracheal site." Should this be hyphenated? Smooshed together? Left seperated as above?   Thanks! ...

Respiratory (s/l) *sys-ti-tial* Viral Infection SM
Jul 14, 2010

I found the word "systitial" in parentheses in google, but I cannot verify it anywhere else.  THX ...

Sexually Transmitted Infection..please See Message
Oct 05, 2011

The patient recently was tested for all sexually transmitted infections, including s/l HFC-1 and 2.  TIA ...

I Wonder If This Might Have Been A Listerial Monocytogenes Type Of Bacterial Infection With A *rob*
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

D4 Antibiotic Treatment For Helicobacter Pylori Infection
Feb 13, 2010

MD states what sounds like, "She was given D4 antibiotic treatment but could not tolerate it on her stomach and after seven days stopped it."  This antibiotic tx was for Helicobacter pylori.  I can almost make myself think he is saying, "She was given the full abx tx but then the sentence would not really make sense, would it?  Can anyone help?  Dictating MD is a neurologist and referring is Internal Medicine.  Thanks!!! ...

Tooth Infection Versus Teeth Infections
Jan 21, 2012

Hello.  Ok, so here is the sentence:  No teeth infection or No tooth infections or No teeth infections or No tooth infection?  When do you use the "s" on infection, with teeth or tooth?  When do I use no "s" after infection, with teeth or tooth.  This is turning into a tongue twister!    Thank you.   ...

Vitritis, Pupritis Or Retinitis? I Know He Is Talking About Pupil Infection But Cannot Find This Wo
Aug 08, 2013

? ...

On Chemo. Complicated By S/l "a Mill I Ca" Bacteria Infection.
Jun 29, 2011

?? ...

Pseudomonas And "morzilla" Infection (nm)
Nov 17, 2009

x ...

Breast
Apr 06, 2011

The entire right breast is markedly indurated S/L POLE LERANGE?  There is positive right axillary adenopathy.    any help would be great!  Thanks! ...

Breast MRI
Jan 22, 2012

"A small amount of fluid is present at this site consistent with postbiopsy heam." It is pronounced very clearly.  Google seems to think it should be "haem", short for "haematoma" or "haemotology".  Anyone else heard of this?  ...

Breast Aug, Some More!
Dec 10, 2013

Once the vertical limb was completely closed, measurement is taken from the inframammary crease mark which is 1 cm below the *nader* of the incision up to the lower limbus of the nipple areolar complex.   ...

Breast Word? Help
Oct 14, 2009

hem/onc therapist doing breast exam.  she describes r segmental mastectomy, then says "right (phonetic here) autella is negative.    No nipple discharge.  No skin changes."  I would think she means areola, but I'm a guy, so what am I missing?  Any ideas?     ...

Breast Biopsy
Feb 15, 2010

Sounds like he says underwent a left upper auto breast biopsy? ...

Breast Exam
Feb 17, 2010

Examination of the right breast reveals a 3 cm s/l  "REH-pree-ah" mobile mass... The "p" is distinct. Thanks for any suggestions. ...

Breast Carcinoma
Feb 01, 2011

Oncology doc - s/l "stepocarcinoma insitu"  Help?  Thanks in advance!   Thanks-you were right, it is ductal!  She has a weird way of saying it ...

Breast Reconstruction
Mar 19, 2012

Two blanks on an op recreating nipples.  A small stab incision was made in the umbilicus and approximately 250 cc of tumescent fluid was "s/l interpolated" into the tissues of the abdomen.  Attention was then directed to the abdominal wall where fat was harvested using the "Adbive" (he spells this but cannot document) system sterilely to withdraw approximately 250 cc of fat.   ...