A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx help desk won't assign work any more? - why?

Posted: Mar 25, 2011

So if a team member sees an account is in trouble and going to go out of TAT and calls to get the work they say no, they won't assign it?  Gee, what ARE they earning paychecks for at the Solution Center these days?  Fat lot of good it does to refer us to our account manager who only works 8-5 M-F - lets pretend there will never be ANY issues outside those hours!  Looks like we'll be losing a lot of clients since when the MTs that know the accounts try to be proactive and keep an account in TAT, they are stopped dead by the "help" desk.  Great new policy!  We'll all be on the unemployment line soon with arbitrary decisions like this handicapping us!

OT assigments - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this just one manager stating this, or does it go for all regions? If it is your main account and they put it on backlog listing that it is on OT can we go ahead and get on without our pooling being changed?

Have they so heavily staffed the shifts now they are sure we won't need OT?

Maybe they are having solution center watch jobs going out of TAT and assigning them?

Again, was this just one new AT saying this or is it all around? The memo I got was from the new guy who replaced Sue.

The Solution Center themselves said it - out of TAT

[ In Reply To ..]
Small account, not many people trained on it, busy Friday night, new mgr has no clue what is the norm for this account although we have tried to explain. Teammate tried to get on and help, they refused to assign her any work. There was NOBODY else for them to assign work to, nobody else trained on it, nobody else scheduled to work. Account went out of TAT and nobody but MTs cared. How long do you think we will keep these little clients if we can't keep their TAT?

WMX OT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess the reduction in rates wasn't enough, so make sure we don't get OT.
reduction in rates - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Can someone explain the reduction in rates to me? I have not noticed same and I'm wondering if I missed something. Are you referring to rate for ISR as opposed to straight transcription? Always a change right around the corner.
rate reduction - webbie
[ In Reply To ..]
I believe this is in reference to when they converted to M*Modal...they decreased the line rate by almost a cent per line (for ISR), stating that this product was so wonderful and we would be able to type so many more lines, that it really was NOT a pay cut. Sure...drink some more of their Kool Aid!

It turned out to be a pay cut plain and simple, M*Modal is an improvement in some ways, but they put so many horrible dictators on it that there is no way you can make up that pay cut with the amount of editing needed (unless you get lucky with some of the good reports that require less editing).
Rate reduction - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. I was afraid this was some current reduction I had missed. Not up to anymore reductions in pay. M-Modal was awful at first, but as I have been working with it over some time now, I find I can slightly increase my line rate over what I can straight transcribe. I do believe I would fare better with just straight transcription rate. I agree that there are very difficult dictators whose work should never be in ISR. When they are included in the work pool in ISR, it is as if we are being asked to take a pay cut. Also, if the formatting is out of whack, which so often it is, it takes longer to adjust all these headings than it would take to transcribe the report. ISR could be great, but because of the nature of the reports (dictators) we get, it sure does not seem to help much with line counts. Maybe if there were accounts with clear-headed doctors, it would make a difference. Otherwise we are constantly compensating for every um, uh, could you go back up and change, never mind that, I meant to say, and just generally poor English skills. It is a strain to make sense out of jibberish with all dictators and sometimes ISR makes it worse by putting nonsense in the middle to decipher, giving you false clues to what you are hearing. Of course, we would be unwise to believe ISR was added for our benefit. That just cannot be the case and we all know better.

Also got that notice but it was for an acct - clear across the

[ In Reply To ..]
country. Our acct gets a lot of emails that do not pertain to us but from what this one in particular says, I agree. AM and STM are not available after certain hours. Last night work-load sky-rocketed but unless you were staring at computer all day, MTs who might be able to help had no idea.

Similar Messages:

How To Assign Shortcut Key For Asterisk...
Jun 13, 2010

I am looking to somehow figure out assigning a shortcut key in Word so that every time I press it, it jumps to the next asterisk in the report.  Anyone have any ideas?  I did look in the macro how to, but that was no help lol.  Thank you in advance :) ...

Desk Space
Feb 10, 2011

Those of you that have two (or more) computers, personal and a company provided one and limited space, what kind of desk set-up do you have?  ...

Standing Desk
Apr 23, 2012

Has anyone tried a stand-up desk or just tried to stand while typing?  With all the stuff in the news lately about how dangerous sitting is, I would like to give it a try.  Just wondering if anyone has been doing it and has any tips.  It seems like it would be a little hard on the legs when trying to stand and use the footpedal. I have seen some new treadmill desks that look awesome, but obviously wouldn't work for us using footpedals. ...

Can You Email Help Desk?
Sep 03, 2013

I can't figure out how to log into Remedy and my phone reception is so bad they can't understand me when I call for help.  Is there an email address I can use? thanks.  ...

Treadmill Desk
Nov 22, 2013

Hello!  I have been an MT for going on 10 years now and have been thinking about a standing desk.  However, I have a tendency to stand in a way that I end up hurting the outsides of my feet.  I had an idea for a treadmill desk, but I'm stuck on the foot pedal issue and noise level.  I did a search and found a post on MTstars by someone who said it wouldn't' work because treadmills are too loud and one wouldn't be able to hear the dictation.  My work a ...

Help Desk Number
Jan 15, 2014

Can someone please send me help desk number, my emails and intranet are not taking my passwords, I was hoping maybe i was let go, but I can get into Fluency darn it!   I had the number written down, but of course now I cannot find it.  Thanks for any help! ...

Computer Desk Suggestions?
Jul 19, 2010

I need a computer desk for a small space. So the desk must be small, obviously. ;p It won't be for a desktop but for a laptop. I will be putting the laptop on a riser or lifter or stand, whatever its called. You know what I'm talking about. lol. I also will be using an external keyboard with the laptop, so it must have one of those keyboard pullout things. The most important aspect is that it needs to be an ergonomically correct desk. Any suggestions? Wal-Mart or a ...

Desk Top Icons Disappeared
Feb 10, 2012

I started my computer this morning and only 3 desk top icons came up.  The rest were still in my computer but it is like something erased them overnight.  I did nothing but shut down computer last night, did not add anything or any programs, nothing unusual.  I checked the internet and some people say they had the same problem with Dell and Windows Vista.  Any thoughts?  Thank you. ...

Whats Going To Be Next A Web Cam To Watch Us At Our Desk
Apr 10, 2015

this is a sweatshop.  The way they are monitoring means they expect our hands on our keyboard for the entire 8 hours.  Hate this company!!!! Have a couple leads on a new job.  Can't wait to be out of here.  And they will get NO NOTICE from me since I was never given any notice to all the horrible changes they made for me. ...

Needing Advice On Desk Setup
Mar 29, 2011

For some reason I have recently become very, very uncomfortable at my desk.  My right leg is always hurting, falling asleep, or getting a charlie horse as I type.  I have a cordless mouse so I can switch hands, but it doesn't seem to matter, as both shoulders hurt from using it.  Also, my butt goes numb - LOL.  I really enjoy being a transcriptionist, but I cannot handle the discomfort much longer.  I have a very good chair and a fairly new desk.  Aga ...

Waiting For Help Desk Call Back.....
Oct 30, 2011

One hour so far.  Cannot log into Cornerstone.  No technician available. Waiting for call back.  With any kind of luck they will pay me for waiting all day...... ...

Work Station/computer Desk
Nov 30, 2011

I am needing to downsize from a large computer armoire to a smaller workstation. Has anyone found something they are happy with? I find that most of them have too narrow of a keyboard shelf for our larger keyboards plus the mouse. I don't need much - just room for the monitor to set on top and somewhere to put the PC. Also, so many that I look at do not have room underneath them for the foot pedal. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Interesting Job Crossed My Desk Today
Jun 12, 2015

An interesting job announcement appeared in my email today.  It was for a large vascular practice in Tampa, Florida.  It would be a good entry job for a new CPC.   You know how some people here insist that no one will hire you without experience?  For this one, experience was preferred, but not mandated, and ... even more encouraging ... a CPC was not required, either.         ...

My Right Shift Key Is Sticking. I Opened A Coke At My Desk
Dec 03, 2010

and it spewed.  It only dripped a little bit on the keyboard and I immediately cleaned it up, but obviously a drop or two got down into the shift key and now it is sticking and it is driving me bonkers.  It's a new keyboard so I really don't want to have to pop out the key.  Any other suggestions? ...

New Dell Desk Top/Infinity Foot Pedal
Sep 21, 2012

Good morning! I've been a transcriptionist for 18 years and this will be my first question.  I just got a a new PC two days ago.  However, my foot pedal (which operates fine on my laptop) won't work.  I have jobs in my work queu that I can't get to because the pedal won't play them.  The computer seemes to recognize the pedal and said it installed drivers but it just doesn't operate even after three reboots.  I have Windows 7.   Is this pro ...

Who Is This? Can't Find MT Desk - Samantha Lingo On Google Search.
Oct 19, 2012

Wondering who this company is. Can only find the MT desk that gives info about MT industry and some terminology-not a transcription company. Is anyone familar with this? ...

Any Input Appreciated Re: Front-desk Optometry Office Work
Jun 21, 2012

I'm a former MT who decided I couldn't live "peaceably" with VR (LOL) and left MT a few months ago.  I've had some trouble finding a job outside of MT since then, though.  I'm willing to branch out, but I suspect that after many, many years of doing MT, some employers aren't willing to take a chance that I'd be happy long-term in a less-challenging job.  (The applications I most often get a response from are medical-type jobs.)  Maybe they'r ...

Desk Top Display "flipped"
Dec 06, 2009

the top of my desktop display is now vertical and I cannot get it back upright - actually am typing like this - any help wud be much appreciated ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...