A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

work station/computer desk - Rose

Posted: Nov 30, 2011

I am needing to downsize from a large computer armoire to a smaller workstation. Has anyone found something they are happy with? I find that most of them have too narrow of a keyboard shelf for our larger keyboards plus the mouse. I don't need much - just room for the monitor to set on top and somewhere to put the PC. Also, so many that I look at do not have room underneath them for the foot pedal. Any suggestions? Thanks

I bought a nice glass top... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
work station with a separate printer stand (also glass top). Full-size keyboard shelf that fits my Microsoft 4000 and a mouse, and still allows the shelf to slide underneath the table top. The desk is about 36" wide x 24" deep (give or take a couple inches lol). I absolutely love it! I paid $99 at Wal-Mart - best investment I have made in a long time :) Hope this helps! Here's the link:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Computer-Desk-and-Printer-Cart-Metal-and-Glass/10793965

Thank you..... - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
All the searching on Google and that one never came up. It's nice to have a personal recommendation too....Thanks again.

desk and modifications - luckyladyinca

[ In Reply To ..]
I purchased a nice glass desk from RTA and they assisted me when I modified the actual keyboard shelf, as I extended it out further. I had a glass company cut me a shelf that came out further, and the desk manufacturer sent me extra parts and poles (total 6 in all instead of 4). Perfect now! I now longer have to replace my desk when keyboard tray breaks and no longer have to deal with wobbly keyboard trays! Loving life!

RTA CT-009 Glass and Aluminum Computer Desk Clear

Similar Messages:

Computer Desk Suggestions?
Jul 19, 2010

I need a computer desk for a small space. So the desk must be small, obviously. ;p It won't be for a desktop but for a laptop. I will be putting the laptop on a riser or lifter or stand, whatever its called. You know what I'm talking about. lol. I also will be using an external keyboard with the laptop, so it must have one of those keyboard pullout things. The most important aspect is that it needs to be an ergonomically correct desk. Any suggestions? Wal-Mart or a ...

The Broadcast Is Spreading From Station To
Apr 27, 2012

like an infection... ...

Laptop With Docking Station, Can You Use Footpedal?
Jan 07, 2012

I am shopping for a laptop to work on.  I just found that I can buy a docking station to hook into my bigger monitor and use wireless keyboard and mouse, but has anyone used one before with a footpedal?  I'm hoping that using a docking station doesnt somehow interfer with using a footpedal.  Let me know what your experience was or if you know anything about this please. ...

Patient In Labor, Station -3, Cervix CA And CC, Is This Correct? Sm
Apr 06, 2010

I just never heard those terms before, cervix CA and CO, station -3, effaced......   Thanks ...

Desk Space
Feb 10, 2011

Those of you that have two (or more) computers, personal and a company provided one and limited space, what kind of desk set-up do you have?  ...

Standing Desk
Apr 23, 2012

Has anyone tried a stand-up desk or just tried to stand while typing?  With all the stuff in the news lately about how dangerous sitting is, I would like to give it a try.  Just wondering if anyone has been doing it and has any tips.  It seems like it would be a little hard on the legs when trying to stand and use the footpedal. I have seen some new treadmill desks that look awesome, but obviously wouldn't work for us using footpedals. ...

Can You Email Help Desk?
Sep 03, 2013

I can't figure out how to log into Remedy and my phone reception is so bad they can't understand me when I call for help.  Is there an email address I can use? thanks.  ...

Treadmill Desk
Nov 22, 2013

Hello!  I have been an MT for going on 10 years now and have been thinking about a standing desk.  However, I have a tendency to stand in a way that I end up hurting the outsides of my feet.  I had an idea for a treadmill desk, but I'm stuck on the foot pedal issue and noise level.  I did a search and found a post on MTstars by someone who said it wouldn't' work because treadmills are too loud and one wouldn't be able to hear the dictation.  My work a ...

Help Desk Number
Jan 15, 2014

Can someone please send me help desk number, my emails and intranet are not taking my passwords, I was hoping maybe i was let go, but I can get into Fluency darn it!   I had the number written down, but of course now I cannot find it.  Thanks for any help! ...

Desk Top Icons Disappeared
Feb 10, 2012

I started my computer this morning and only 3 desk top icons came up.  The rest were still in my computer but it is like something erased them overnight.  I did nothing but shut down computer last night, did not add anything or any programs, nothing unusual.  I checked the internet and some people say they had the same problem with Dell and Windows Vista.  Any thoughts?  Thank you. ...

Whats Going To Be Next A Web Cam To Watch Us At Our Desk
Apr 10, 2015

this is a sweatshop.  The way they are monitoring means they expect our hands on our keyboard for the entire 8 hours.  Hate this company!!!! Have a couple leads on a new job.  Can't wait to be out of here.  And they will get NO NOTICE from me since I was never given any notice to all the horrible changes they made for me. ...

Webmedx Help Desk Won't Assign Work Any More?
Mar 25, 2011

So if a team member sees an account is in trouble and going to go out of TAT and calls to get the work they say no, they won't assign it?  Gee, what ARE they earning paychecks for at the Solution Center these days?  Fat lot of good it does to refer us to our account manager who only works 8-5 M-F - lets pretend there will never be ANY issues outside those hours!  Looks like we'll be losing a lot of clients since when the MTs that know the accounts try to be proactiv ...

Needing Advice On Desk Setup
Mar 29, 2011

For some reason I have recently become very, very uncomfortable at my desk.  My right leg is always hurting, falling asleep, or getting a charlie horse as I type.  I have a cordless mouse so I can switch hands, but it doesn't seem to matter, as both shoulders hurt from using it.  Also, my butt goes numb - LOL.  I really enjoy being a transcriptionist, but I cannot handle the discomfort much longer.  I have a very good chair and a fairly new desk.  Aga ...

Waiting For Help Desk Call Back.....
Oct 30, 2011

One hour so far.  Cannot log into Cornerstone.  No technician available. Waiting for call back.  With any kind of luck they will pay me for waiting all day...... ...

Interesting Job Crossed My Desk Today
Jun 12, 2015

An interesting job announcement appeared in my email today.  It was for a large vascular practice in Tampa, Florida.  It would be a good entry job for a new CPC.   You know how some people here insist that no one will hire you without experience?  For this one, experience was preferred, but not mandated, and ... even more encouraging ... a CPC was not required, either.         ...

My Right Shift Key Is Sticking. I Opened A Coke At My Desk
Dec 03, 2010

and it spewed.  It only dripped a little bit on the keyboard and I immediately cleaned it up, but obviously a drop or two got down into the shift key and now it is sticking and it is driving me bonkers.  It's a new keyboard so I really don't want to have to pop out the key.  Any other suggestions? ...

New Dell Desk Top/Infinity Foot Pedal
Sep 21, 2012

Good morning! I've been a transcriptionist for 18 years and this will be my first question.  I just got a a new PC two days ago.  However, my foot pedal (which operates fine on my laptop) won't work.  I have jobs in my work queu that I can't get to because the pedal won't play them.  The computer seemes to recognize the pedal and said it installed drivers but it just doesn't operate even after three reboots.  I have Windows 7.   Is this pro ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Who Is This? Can't Find MT Desk - Samantha Lingo On Google Search.
Oct 19, 2012

Wondering who this company is. Can only find the MT desk that gives info about MT industry and some terminology-not a transcription company. Is anyone familar with this? ...

Any Input Appreciated Re: Front-desk Optometry Office Work
Jun 21, 2012

I'm a former MT who decided I couldn't live "peaceably" with VR (LOL) and left MT a few months ago.  I've had some trouble finding a job outside of MT since then, though.  I'm willing to branch out, but I suspect that after many, many years of doing MT, some employers aren't willing to take a chance that I'd be happy long-term in a less-challenging job.  (The applications I most often get a response from are medical-type jobs.)  Maybe they'r ...

What Do B-mode, E-mode, And DVI Station Mean?(nm)
May 22, 2012

x ...

Desk Top Display "flipped"
Dec 06, 2009

the top of my desktop display is now vertical and I cannot get it back upright - actually am typing like this - any help wud be much appreciated ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

Need New Computer
Dec 26, 2009

I need a new computer however I need to have XP for EXText.  Wondering which way I should go--- Dual boot or have 2 separate hard drives, one for XP and the other for Windows 7 Professional?  Any advice? ...

Mq Computer
May 10, 2010

I leave my computer up and running all the time.  In the past week every morning I am having to reboot because I get an error saying "insufficient system resources to perform this action."  As soon as it finally reboots, then everything is fine, I can log onto DQS and type all day with no problems.  Then it sits again all night, and the same thing happens the next morning. Does anyone know what the problem might be?  Tech support has already increased the virtual memory capa ...

How Many Of You Use Your MQ Computer...
May 17, 2010

for other things besides work such as another job, internet shopping, banking, facebook, etc.? ...

Help - New Computer
Aug 19, 2010

I got a new computer today and when my first job comes up the ADT info is at the top of the page.  Can you tell me how to get it off.  Also how to I make the print on my screen larger?  TIA ...

Computer Age VS 6.1
Sep 10, 2010

I was just wondering how old some computers are that are having problems with 6.1 and if there are people with newer computers that handles it better.  Mine is a MQ computer that is 4 years old now and it bogs down quite a bit.  Everything is sluggish now.  I do have 1 GB of ram and 1.84 GHz, so 6.1 shouldn't take a toll on it as bad as it is.  I'm just wondering if I should ask the Q for an upgrade, if that is the problem.  Knowing the RAM and proces ...