A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Synernet's employee recognition program a joke.... - Jaded SynMT

Posted: Oct 30, 2014

Ever notice, it's the same people nominated over and over again and they are ALWAYS management, supervisors of the team leads..  This place makes me want to puke.  I hope I get some call backs from some places I have applied to.  Please..... I want out!!! 

I noticed that too and some of those people - SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
do deserve recognition (like some of the leads), but I think the reason is none of us get nominated is.....none of us know each other. lol They make sure we can't communicate with each other except where they can see what we say. That's why we come on here to vent. :-) Unless you happen to chance on another MT while working and they have helped you with something, you don't know anybody. Even if you did nominate them, nobody else knows them. So yes, it will be the same people over and over, and over. But it makes us feel good like we're doing something nice.

Exactly my point, really. How do you "really" have a recognition program - Jaded SynMT

[ In Reply To ..]
if no one really knows each other, how can you legitimately have an employee recognition program designed for other employees to nominate each other when we all don't interact with one another. There needs to be something else designed. AT least, I think so. :)

There is life after Synernet, and it is pretty darned wonderful. Good luck! sm - Former SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
There are places that pay you a more than decent wage, have abundant work but do not work you to death, have some flexibility, and you don't just hear from them when they want to "yell" at you about something -- they actually tell you they appreciate you and the work you do! I stayed too long and let the bullies at Synernet drain the life out of me, but I finally realized even if things were no better elsewhere as some had warned, I had to at least try, so I posted my resume and I took a chance when a company contacted me and offered me a job. I would like to think that if enough people are unhappy and voice their concerns that things will change, but it seems unlikely. They will just get rid of the unhappy ones and replace them with others who are eager to get a job and then batter them until they can take no more and the cycle will continue.

Congrats on getting out. I envy you. :) lol - Jaded SynMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can only imagine how that will feel one day to be able to say good riddance to that place! I would have already but I truly have been nervous to change to a different company because it seems others are no better, but after you post it does give me hope. Thank you and congratulations again on getting out! :)

I left, too, - and took an in-house non-MT position

[ In Reply To ..]
So very grateful to get away from there. Now,if Febreeze were only strong enough to eliminate the sweatshop smell from my home office, I could finally use the room for something else.

Has anyone noticed this - MTSyn

[ In Reply To ..]
It has been slow and steady but I finally noticed a considerably less amount in my paycheck. I went back and saw my checks since July have gotten smaller and smaller... now hundreds of dollars less. How could I be missing something as major as this? I do not understand, my line counts are about the same, not wavering much. Is it the VR? It is now impacting my bills and I am having to get another income to fill the hole. Anyone else having this problem. It is as though we got a pay cut but it has been gradual and really nothing announced. Coincidentally the newsletter yesterday said the company is doing better this year. I wonder why...
I am down now almost 100.00 a paycheck. - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Noticed this about a month ago. I think they feed you just enough VR to lower your pay. That's just my opinion. They have to know how bad the VR is by now. It does not increase your lines by much, if at all. Mostly a pain. Lots of bad dictators too in the mix. Different doctors all the time. More demographics to look up because the doctor doesn't put in the right name or number. It's really bad. I've already started other things elsewhere that are starting to pay off, so not much longer. Sorry for anyone who has to stay.
Their wage-theft scheme is pretty insidious: - Whittle away at it bit by bit. :(
[ In Reply To ..]

So true - Another ex-SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I left the hole known as Synernet about a year ago and never looked back. I worked there for approximately a year and a half, which was my shortest stay with any MT company ever. I just couldn't take it anymore. These people have micromanagement down to an exact science. You can't even step away from your desk to use the bathroom, stretch, or get some fresh air for a few minutes without being called or instant messaged asking where you are. I've never experienced that kind of sweat shop treatment at any other company I've worked for, and I've worked for some bad ones. This company will drain you and make you feel like the lowest form of life there is. Management is nothing but a bunch of ignorant, arrogant, and power hungry women who have absolutely no leadership skills whatsoever and don't have the first clue as to how to run a business. Intimidation is their game, because that's all they know. I was beyond happy to get out of that joke of a company. Also, how incredibly stupid is it that you have to schedule all of your vacations an entire year in advance??? I've never heard of any other company that does that. You should be allowed to save your vacation time and then, when you want or need to take some time off, put in a vacation request. Not everyone can plan things that far out! I hope that everyone who is still there and is looking to get out is able to find something else soon and run far, far away from Synernet!

I agree completely!! I worked there for just a few short months - another ex SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
and it was a HUGE relief to get away. Anywhere has to be better.
Unless anywhere is Nuance. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

If you want out of Synernet you do not - have to look far

[ In Reply To ..]
Bangor, Maine at AHD their competitor. The pay is 8.4cpl, the benefits are comparable. They are the ones who got that account Synernet lost and they are hiring now. They have 2 platforms to work on one of which is Fusion. they were a pleasant and welcomed change. I love these folk.
Sounds good - but I hate change
[ In Reply To ..]
I've heard about them but that they don't pay for spaces. How does that compare to Synernet's 7 cpl with spaces? How are they on getting time off and vacations? And ET? Any chance of getting 1st shift? I love Fusion but how is that other platform and do you have to go back and forth and is there any choice on which you use? How much VR and is it decent? So many questions and things to consider. I know I'm not the only one giving some serious thought to taking your suggestion.
Pay is over 1 cent per line better - ExSynMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I had no problem getting a dayshift position. They have a MS Word platform which I love and it pays 8.4 CPL for seasoned MTs. No pressure for mandatory overtime. They ask if you can do 2 to 3 hours submit your name. Usually for Holidays, they have so many volunteers who want to work, you usually do not have to work a holiday. You don't have to put in a year in advance for time off, just submit when you want your vacation to the supervisor. Earned time (well don't think anywhere will compare to Syn) however, you get almost so many hours a pay period, the first year I think it equals to 12 days and you can carry over if you like up to so many hours, and I think (don't quote me) every 3 years it increases I think. The MS Word side has no VR. The Fusion side is the one that does not pay lines but it is at a higher line rate, and you have the option to not do VR if you don't want it, and you get extra lines for certain worktypes and such. You do not have to go back and forth on the platforms. With Fusion you use their computer with the MS Word you use your own computer, shortcuts, spellcheck, etc.
What? - Been there, done that
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe more per line, but no pay for spaces, headers, footer, nothing but the black characters you type in report. You have to type a lot more lines to equal the same, which is not possible for many. Lost a lot of money there, as have others I know.
The MS Word platform - pays for spaces
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Can I Just Say What A Freaking JOKE Speech Recognition Is?
Mar 20, 2012

I work for a hospital that has been using the Dictaphone speech the last couple of years.  We were told how our production was just going to increase and how it was going to be WONDERFUL.  My production is still where it was two years ago and I would be better off typing each report.  Sorry for the ranting, but while working this evening, I just got set off by the following: "SOCIAL HISTORY:  He is down to 15 cattle formally worked as a strips all conservation engineer. &nb ...

Voice Recognition "editing Software" Is A Joke
Oct 15, 2013

Voice recognition "editing software" is the bright idea of some computer software chump who knows nothing about medical transcription.  Transcription is everchanging.  No words are EVER pronounced exactly the same way each time.  Even the same voice, dialects, and dictators change from minute to minute.  It is organic.  It is also subjective depending on who is listening.  Big business has jumped on board, as they see this as a big opportunity to ...

Transcend Voice Recognition Program Seems To Be As
Jun 04, 2010

bipolar as their managment.  One day it is user friendly, gives good drafts and the next day or later in the same day it pretends it has never heard medical dictation before and goes off on one of its wild tangents of rambling incoherently.  Can't they fix anything in this company? ...

Webmedx Speech Recognition Program
Jan 13, 2011

N ...

With Nuance's Voice Recognition Program, I'm Never OOW But Its Not MT...
Mar 06, 2014

"For erectile dysfunction, see Alice."  ...

SYNERNET - I.C. Or Employee Status .... Sm
Feb 12, 2014

or maybe both?  I would prefer employee status with a choice of FT or PT (but would accept I.C. if employee were not available).     Thanks for any responses. ...

Our Company Just Started Using A Voice Recognition Program
Jul 11, 2010

Our company just started using a voice recognition program.  Obviously, we get paid LESS PER LINE for reports doing it this way. The way I see it - this is a way to pay MTs LESS than they are worth.  Of course, there is less typing, but with the voice recognition program I use, I feel like it would be faster for me to just type the dang report than make all of the corrections, medical, grammar, etc. ...

Speech Recognition And Voice Recognition Considered The Same?
Sep 22, 2010

Speech recognition and voice recognition considered the same? ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Is This A Joke Or What ?
Feb 16, 2010

I received an email the other day and it read "I was wondering if you would be interested in typing for a neurosurgeon" with a copy of my resume posted on the bottom.  My reply back was "I would need the specifics, the company you are affiliated with, etc - I do have 17 plus years experience with neurology so it is probably something I would be interested in, but send more info, and then I will forward my phone number if necessary."  The reply back from the unknown sender was "I have m ...

MT Job A Joke
Apr 29, 2010

Does your spouse or significant other consider your job to be a joke, especially now that we have seen so many changes in the industry?  I feel that my husband views my job this way.    ...

What A Joke!
Apr 05, 2011

I was offered to test for a company at 0.05 line without spaces based on 43-character line.  This was an IC position.  I guess after taxes, I would be paying the company to work! ...

VR Is A Joke.
Jul 19, 2012

I work twice as many hours and make half the pay, at best.  I don't understand why they would cut our pay for VR when in reality it takes longer when you have to deal with editing and formatting.  ...

TSM Is A Joke
Oct 28, 2014

First, TSM says no changes to accounts. Then without warning main account goes POOF. She then makes up excuse after excuse, blah, blah, blah. The woman can't use grammar or punctuation to save her life. Been with her a while now and she never, EVER answers the phone. She says she is making conference calls but never have I ever received a single phone call. Too bad she still has a job.  ...

7.6...what A Joke
Jan 16, 2015

7.6 is the BIGGEST JOKE they could play on us.  The ONLY good thing is the age.  Otherwise, they took away valuable info from us to help us find names or patients that the doctors with thick accents don't slow down and speak clearly for us to hear.  Plus, the dictionary?  Another big joke.  But keep up your line counts, keep up on your 99,000 POD client list, and definitely your quality! KISS MY GRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Hospital Pay--is This A JOKE?
Dec 30, 2009

Okay, so halfway out of curiosity, I applied to my local hospital, which is a large regional hospital, for an MT job.  They wanted a "seasoned" MT with CMT, who transcribes 250 lines an hour.  Okay, I thought, they might actually compensate better than I think since they have well-defined high standards.  WRONG!  They are offering $11.35 AN HOUR!  What a slap in the face!  You get a whole extra dollar if you work 2nd shift.  What an insult--they just have ...

Benchmark ??? What A Joke
Apr 02, 2010

Okay this Benchmark is fine. but the time it takes to look things up, its time to move onto another report. I am not being paid enough to spend time looking through this. ...

Swapboard - What A Joke
Apr 13, 2010

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way about the swapboard; that it is crap for a FT employee.  It seems to serve the PT employees well though, because they can readily pick up more hours. I wanted to swap a shift for Saturday hours.  There was a shift the exact amount of time I needed on the Sunday prior, so I thought it would be perfect.  I was wrong.  CCM said that we are responsible for our shift, and that we are not approved OT, (meaning that I cannot take tha ...

The ASR Joke Is On Us - Another Funny But Sad
Jul 14, 2010

Dictated:  She appeared cachectic... ASR:  She appeard tic-tac-toe... It would be funnier if ASR wasn't getting worse by the day!  Sighhhhhh - not much longer now. ...

Alpha - What A Joke
Feb 19, 2011

7.5 cpl for VBC - thanx but no thanx.  Do they think they are hiring MTs from out of the US with these wages?  Not this MT, that's for sure. Flat out refused prior to interview once rate was made known. ...

Diskritter = A JOKE
Mar 15, 2011

YOU MIGHT AS WELL WORK FOR FREE WORKING FOR THEM! ...

FIESA SUCH A JOKE
Jul 23, 2013

Definitely going to start looking for a new job.  I love my TL and really love what I do, but I have gone from being a 99.5 to 100% accurate to now cannot get above 98% thanks to all their 0.25 off for not having a semicolon instead of a comma, or leaving out the or an, so much for verbatim.  I either put in something and am told not to or leave something out because it isn't dictated and am told I should put it in.  Can't win for losing I guess.  They are slowly er ...

MModal Is A JOKE
Oct 25, 2013

M*Modal is advertising on MTjobs for transcriptionists.  Please, please, please do not work for this company.  They are a joke.  They fired so many of their good transcriptionists who had years of employment with them, passed all QA's with 98% or above, and have been very true, loyal employees.  They will do the same with you.  They will send all their work to India where they pay peanuts.  They advertise with all their bull about integrity, respect, focus and ...

TeletrakMT - WHAT A JOKE!!!
Dec 20, 2013

You want the skill and knowledge of a certified MT, but you want to pay 7 cpl and NOTPAYFORSPACES!!!!  Plus you have to pay your own taxes as an IC and get your own health insurance, and never get a paid vacation or a paid holiday.  Where do I sign up??!?!?!  I'd go work at McDonald's first, at least I'd get a vacation and probably health insurance, and maybe even a free burger for lunch.     What's wrong with these companies????   ...

TransTech Is A Joke
Apr 30, 2014

TransTech is a joke. Their QA staff is the most anal group of people I've ever dealt with.  They were rude and condescending in their feedback and the pay was horrible.  What a disappointment of a company.  Now I know why they are always advertising! ...

Hahaha.... VR Is A Joke...
Apr 14, 2015

When you try to do some DIY home improvements or remodeling, and you screw things up, the contractor charges you More for fixing what you did in addition to completing the job.I feel that way about VR...  ...

6 Cents A Line...MT Is Becoming A Joke
Oct 18, 2010

There is a new job posting for 6 cents a line....this field of work is becoming more unappealing every day; to think I have given this field 37 years of my life including weekends and holidays, I have never taken such big step backwards.  Barely making minimum wage these days.  I remember the good old days..... ...

Ipswitch Is A HUGE JOKE
Apr 24, 2013

I can't get to anything but the first page of my inbox.  Oops, now can't even get that. Maybe I'll sit here and work on my Quality essay. ...

Nuance Incentive/bonus Pay A Joke?
Jun 22, 2011

I know it was just asked how they figure out their bonus, but I am concerned because I found recent posts that say the lines are "weighted", and their own ad says "quality based" incentive program. Another poster alluded to comma nuts that QA you to death so that you end up with little to no available lines for incentive. Is there anyone out there who has had a recent experience with this who could enlighten those of us who have been sold out? What I am concerned about is that it sounds like you ...