A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sten-Tel - legal transcription ? - Legal Trans

Posted: Apr 18, 2011

Does anyone work for Sten Tel doing legal transcription? I am starting with them this week and was just wondering if it was a good place to work for?  I am an IC and they said I could work as much as I want.  Is there always work? Do they give raises of any kind?  I am doing my training session with them on Thursday and am just a little nervous. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Sten-Tel - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know personally, but I believe they are a good company.

I applied with them for legal work a while back and they said they would be me on their waiting list, as they didn't have any legal/other work at the time. Things must have changed. Good luck.

From what I understand - MH

[ In Reply To ..]
They just got a new huge account and are hiring 10 new legal transcriptionists. Thanks for the info =)

Similar Messages:

Sten-Tel Pays 2-3 Cents For VR And 5-6 For Transcription?
Aug 09, 2012

What a joke!  Sten-Tel pays 2-3 cents for VR and 5-6 for transcription?  I have been doing this for 25 years and that is simply ridiculous! ...

Apparently Sten-Tel Is Offering 2 Cpl For Editing And 5 Cpl For Transcription
Mar 22, 2013

. ...

Legal Transcription Course
Jan 24, 2011

I have been an MT for 3-1/2 years and am interested in legal transcription. I have found online courses through meditec and Penn Foster and am leaning towards meditec who also offers an online paralegal course. Does anybody have any experience with either meditec or Penn Foster regarding the legal transcription and/or paralegal course? Any other ideas how I could get into legal transcription? You may also email me if you prefer. I am grateful for any information and/or advice. If you know ...

Has Anyone Ever Done Legal Transcription?
Jun 10, 2011

Has anyone ever done legal transcription? If so, was it hard to learn compared to medical? ...

Legal Transcription
Jul 16, 2014

I applied today for what I assume is an in-house legal transcription position unless I get lucky and get to work at home. This job is a 41 minute drive one way for me. I've never done legal transcription. The job description states pay is based on experience. It's strange because the ad states medical transcriptionist/paralegal. I'm confused about what exactly they are wanting since it is a law office. I think maybe they will consider any transcriptionist or so it sounds. Anyway, ...

What To Charge For Legal Transcription?
Jun 30, 2012

Is legal transcription generally priced the same, less than, or more than medical transcription?  Also, what is the approximate price difference, if any, in your neck of the woods? Thanks. ...

Legal Transcription - Transition Into Something Different
Jan 23, 2013

I have all these years of MT experience, but ready to transition into something different, specifically, legal transcribing. Most places (usually law firms) prefer that one have some experience either with legal transcription oreither be a paralegal or law student intern.  Is there a way I can somehow seamlessly transition into legal transcribing without all of that? ...

Legal Transcription - Thinking Of Trying
Jul 21, 2013

I'm thinking of trying legal transcription if there are no MTSOs worth sticking around for.  My current company is losing accounts to EPIC.  These sure aren't the old days when you could take your pick of MTSOs.  It's slim pickins' now.  I don't have any legal experience, but think I could pick up the terminology and formatting easily enough.  Anyone else tried it?  Are there law offices that will hire us to work at home?  What kind of transcription do you use?  ...

Legal Transcription Question
Nov 23, 2013

Wondered if anyone knows if $1/page is a decent rate for legal transcription?  As with most of us, I'm looking to get out of medical and into something else just don't know if legal reports tend to be pretty lengthy on average or not.  Thanks. ...

General And Legal Transcription
Feb 06, 2014

I realize this is a Medical transcriptionist site, but I know someone interested in getting into general and/or legal transcription.  She does have law office experience, however, transcribing on a daily basis, like we MTs do, is different than what is done in an office setting.  Does anyone know where she could get online training for general and/or legal transcription?  Thanks.  ...

General/legal Transcription
Feb 08, 2014

Did anyone happen to get the e-mail address of an ad that appeared on the job seeker's board for general, medical and legal transcription for a person by the name of Nancy Dash?  It has disappeared today, and I just wondered if anyone might still have the e-mail address.  Thanks. ...

Did Anyone Test For The Legal Transcription
Apr 09, 2015

after you submitted a resume or the test? ...

What To Charge Per Page For Legal Transcription
Apr 08, 2011

Hi everyone. I have my own transcription business and I normally charge per minute. I just got approached by a law firm and they asked how much I would charge per page. They would be dictating letters. I have no idea how much I should charge. Any ideas? ...

I Was Offered A Legal Transcription Position...sm
Nov 19, 2012

full-time and in-house.  She is offering 5 cpl gross so even if someone says "um", I get paid 5 cpl for the whole line.  Is this a good line rate.  I have not done legal transcription before so I have no idea if this is a decent rate.  I feel that is kind of low and would like to ask if she would be willing to raise it.     What do you think? ...

Needing Advice About Legal Transcription Job.
Feb 04, 2015

I have a possible job offer with a legal firm that is willing to pay $1.25 per 25 line page and up to $1.75 per page if the audio is bad and $1.50 per page for rush reports.  The usual TAT is 3 days.  I would be transcribing mostly depositions and maybe sometimes I would be doing interviews, hearings, etc.  The depos are usually 60 to 100 pages, though sometimes can be as long as 300 pages. What do you think?  Is this a good deal?  Can I make money doing this?  At ...

Legal Transcription Jobk Posting
Apr 07, 2015

They pay $1.10 per page. There are 46 lines to a page. Even if this was paying for gross lines, it would only be .02 cents per line!  If they counted per 65 character line it would be even less! ...

Does Anyone Know The Going Rate For Legal Transcription In The Northeast?? I Am Looking To Charge B
Oct 04, 2011

nm ...

Legal Transcription - Good Website References
May 16, 2012

Hi!  I used to work for MQ, frequented this board often and appreciated the sound advice.  I have since retired from the medical transcription industry.  Recently I was asked to transcribe some recorded conversations that will ultimately be read aloud in court for a child custody case.  I'm not worried about the actual transcribing, just about proper formatting and such.  I would also like to know an approximate amount to charge, i.e., by the line, by the page, by the hour, etc.?  C ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What Sten Tel Is?
Nov 12, 2009

I am looking for a new transcription job and some of them say the use sten tel.  How does that work?  Is that something I would need to get a long-distance phone plan for or buy something? ...

Sten-Tel-anyone??
Mar 23, 2012

If anyone is currently an IC with them or was recently, please respond.  I'd like to know just how much I'm being screwed! TIA ...

Sten Tel Help...
May 26, 2012

My wife works for Sten Tel as a MT/ME. Her laptop died yesterday. Are there any Sten Tel employees here who can give me some info? We went computer shopping today and everything new is 64 bit. We thought Sten Tel required computers be 32 bit??? Anyone  have info on this subject??   Thanks,   Jeff Billings, Montana ...

Sten-Tel ICs
Jan 14, 2014

Anyone else not able to log in for the last 6 hours? I'm on the ASP platform and it's been down most of the day. No choice when calling for tech support either which makes me very paranoid. Paychecks are supposed to be sent out tomorrow. ...

Anybody Work For Sten-Tel? 
May 20, 2010

Anybody work for Sten-Tel?  Tell me the good and the bad.  My sister started out there as a newbie and has had trouble getting work.  They are hiring now and offering their ICs a bonus for referrals.  I have 5 years experience.  How is their pay?  Is it a lot of VR?  Is there enough work? ...

Sten-Tel - Be Carefull All!
Jul 21, 2010

Stay away, Stay away, Stay away!!! I was hired as hourly QA full-time. After quitting my job I was told I had to train as an MT for a week or so, only doing 10 jobs a day. Sometimes I could not get even that many! Over a month went by and still was not trained as QA with the statement my quality was not good for stuff like an extra space, missing comma, etc, then my pay was reduced by 72 cents an hour! I have been in this business over 20 years and never had a quality problem anyway, besides if ...

Sten-Tel Rates
Feb 25, 2011

i am thinking of applying to Sten-Tel.  Does anyone know what their current pay rate is for Tanscription/VR for experienced MTs?   Thanks, Mely ...

Sten-Tel Remote QA
Mar 31, 2011

Anybody having a lack of QA work? ...

Sten-Tel - Can You Believe This Compensation?
Mar 13, 2012

Sten-Tel has add on MTJobs.  Can you believe this compensation?  I hope they have NO replies.  " Starting rate ranges: 5–6 cents per transcribed line; 2-3 cents per edited line." ...

Sten-Tel - 5-6 Cpl 3rd Shift
Jul 11, 2012

Who wants to fight me for this position....5-6 cpl 3rd shift??? Come on...for real? ...

Sten-Tel Has The Lowest Pay I Have Ever Seen
Jul 12, 2012

Their email just informed me of their awesome pay - 5 to 6 cpl for straight transcription and 2 to 3 cpl for editing.  Oh, and this is working as an IC during the night shift.  This is shameful.  You should be ashamed of yourselves, Sten-Tel!  If you actually make 2 cpl doing VR, you would have to edit 400 lines in an hour just to make 8 bucks an hour.  Does anyone actually work for you?   ...

Sten-Tel Has The Lowest Pay I've Ever Seen
Aug 12, 2013

They pay 2-3/12 cents per line for VR without spaces!!! OMG!  Why bother even testing for them?!?! ...