A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ScribeRight - Questions for Current Employees - Curious

Posted: Jun 01, 2012

I've worked here since the start of the DMT project. I was hired by the person in charge of the project, but have had to deal with the CEO a few times during the past few months. I'm wondering - does anyone else have a hard time with the CEO? She seems to be very.... egotistical. I have had nothing but GREAT experiences with the lady who is the Migration Manager, and the guy who is Senior Project Manager is awesome (in fact, if I remember correctly, he was the person who brought the project to ScribeRight). One of the things I like best about this place is that no matter what I need, Al and Helen are always available. But, seriously, if I had to deal with the CEO alone, I think I'd be gone, no matter how much I enjoy my job. She is THAT bad - at least in my opinion. Is it just me, or has anyone else had a problem?

My Experience with ScribeRight - Has been Similar - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired when the work started up at the first of the year. The job seemed great and so far, I have not been disappointed with the job itself. The QA people are great and are actually helpful, not full of themselves. I agree with you that Al and Helen are great - they are probably the best "bosses" I've ever worked for. Both are encouraging and helpful and very approachable. But, yes, in my dealings with the CEO, I have found her to be less than friendly, to the point of rudeness. In my attempts to approach her, these have been met with curtness and abruptness. I agree - if she were my only point of contact for ScribeRight, I would have left after just a few weeks. However, Al and Helen have made the place great and I am staying because of them definitely.

Yes - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

Happy DMT - ch

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to disagree here. I think the CEO is super nice! In fact when the PayChex training session I wanted was full she emailed me and did a separate session with me and another lady. I think that everybody that works there from management to QA is very friendly. I actually just quit my QA job I had to work at SR full time. Between the job itself, the super friendly and helpful staff and logging in as you please, it's the perfect job :) I have never had phone, email or IM contact with Al, but have heard that he is also wonderful. Lisa is great, maybe she was just busy when you had contact with her?

busy isn't a good enough excuse in my opinion. - to be so unprofessional, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Besides you were doing what she wanted you to do. The instances of rudeness are met whenever you have resistance to something. If you're doing what she wants you to do, sure, she will be peaches and cream I'm sure. Just don't question anything and then you will be all right. Do as you're told seems to be the key with this one.

Given a chance... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Lisa was extremely nice to me. She took a chance and hired me even though I was pregnant and already had another job and was only looking for part time work and she wanted full time. I was completely up front with her about my situation. She has been nothing but helpful to me since I started.

not my experience AT ALL - devilsadvocate

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been on this DMT project from the very beginning (back when we were using 2 screens to get the information) and have always found Lisa to be extremely pleasant. If you are trying to carry on "personal" conversations with her, I am sure she IS too busy for idle chitchat, but she has never ignored emails or been rude in any that I have sent her (and there have been many). In fact, I almost always get an instant response from her! I think the whole crew - from Editors to Helen and Al and Lisa have all been just great and in fact, at Christmas, Lisa was over-the-top nice to us DMTs that were without work for a while. Couldn't ask for better people to work for/with.

What is DMT project? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have to agree with majority - My experience has been the same sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with the poster who said busy is no excuse. I'm sure the QA folks, and especially Al and Helen are extremely busy, yet I've nevee been treated as rudely by them as I have by Lisa. How do you get to be a CEO by treating your workers who make you look good so disrespectfully? She needs to learn how to just be nice

did anyone else hear..... - they are working on new contracts?

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone told me a month or so ago that Al was out generating new business so our jobs won't be temporary? That's why they sre wanting us to keep our quality up so he can tout our record to all the hospitals he's working with

I have nothing but good things to say about ScribeRight and the CEO - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been there since day one of the DMT project, and I've had a wonderful experience working there. The CEO has always answered my e-mails/questions and has bent over backwards to help out all DMTs. Like one poster said, what she did for us over Christmas was so generous. That act alone showed me what a great boss she is and what a wonderful place ScribeRight is.

ScribeRight - Monkey

[ In Reply To ..]
I've really had no dealings with the CEO, but Helen, Al and the editors are fantastic. I've worked a lot of places and this is the BEST!!

ICs with no benefits and no guarantee of future employment - sounds wonderful. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I've worked other places as IC as well as employee - that ran out of work regularly SM

[ In Reply To ..]
And they were much worse places to work - I think I'd rather work a place that was friendly and nice, where they tell you what's going on and they are looking for more contracts, than be at a place that was unfriendly and still had no guarantees of work, or where I was always waiting around for work.

bitter much? - devilsadvocate

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not like there was a promise of benefits and they screwed us out of it - most IC jobs (in fact ALL I have worked) do not offer benefits, I know that going in. When they posted this job opening, they said it was a 1-year contract, we did not go blindly into it. We knew the risks, but ScribeRight is pioneering a new wave of the future and there are talks with all sorts of companies about contracting with them. If not, well, it at least it was a pleasant year of my working life and not sitting around complaining about waiting for work or working for tyrants. If you don't like the idea of no benefits and a possible short term contract, then don't go to work there, but don't make it sound like they are screwing us, when we knew full and well what was expected BEFORE we contracted with them.

Is that not what an IC is? - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
ICs never get benefits nor is there ever a promise of work- that's the definition of being an IC. So what's your issue?

IC's with steady work and hourly pay = happy - LIKE IT!

[ In Reply To ..]
At my last job I was an employee. The benefits were crappy, and the work ebbed and flowed. My pay stunk and I could never count on it - constantly sinking. Have worked for ScribeRight for 6 months as an IC, can work as many hours as I want, paid hourly so that I am paid for every minute I am at my computer. Have never been so happy since I started as an MT.

ScribeRight/IC - TedE

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never run out of work at ScribeRight. Working whenever I want to work is better than any package benefit I could receive working as an employee. At my last job, I had health insurance through the company and paid $660/mo out of pocket for my child and me. Now I have private health insurance and pay $429. Benefits at MT companies these days aren't much anyway. Happiness and less stress is also worth a lot!!
I totainglly agree - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't agree more, TedE - happiness and no stress and enjoying a job is worth much more to me than benefits and being considered an "employee" at a crappy place with no work. Give me IC at a place like ScribeRight any day of the week

ScribeRight - Great Place sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't talked much with the CEO - mostly the QA, and Helen and Al. All the QA people have been great, and both Helen and Al have always been more than willing to help if I have needed them. Al, especially, went out of his way to find an answer for me one evening when he wasn't sure what to tell me. I would think, as Senior Project Manager, he is very busy, but he still took time to be very friendly and nice. The one time I dealt with Lisa to ask a question, her answers were very short and unfriendly. In my opinion, you can be nice to a person while still answering a question quickly if you're that busy. I wouldn't say I'd leave my job because of the CEO - this is the best place I've worked in a LONG time - but I will say I'm glad she's not the person I have to talk to regularly.

Seems odd one person would treat 2 people so differently? - Life Is Good

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with ScribeRight for a long time, even before they got this contract. Since Al took over the project, he's been great to work with, and Helen, too, but I've never had a problem with Lisa. She is very no-nonsense, for sure, but fair. Some people can take someone that straightforward and some can't. I would rather a company be straight up than to say everything is rosy and then pull something shady on you. If you find her difficult, ask yourself if what you're asking for is unreasonable. If it isn't, then call her up to discuss it. I often wonder when people post negative comments here if they have ever tried to solve the problem directly or if they just vent because they can do so anonymously. I've always found Lisa to be very open to feedback. My opinion is she cares a lot for all of us, but just has a very tough style. Anyone else feel the same?

That doesn't seem odd to me. Two people have 2 different - circumstances, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
One is more compliant than another. One is pleasing the person more than the other. These circumstances are inevitable in any scenario. Obviously this person is pleasant to those who comply and not to those who question. Just read the archives, this wouldn't be the first comment made about this company. If you have been pleasant, then you have had a different experience that seems obvious from reading all the different posts, don't have to be employed with a company to see that. The OP seems happy with the company, just confused about her own experiences with the person she is talking about. Her experience is obviously different than yours. It seems the problem in that post is that they did try to solve a problem and met with some nasty resistance (as others have stated in previous posts). The question was if anyone else has had the same issue, not whether they thought it was a wonderful company or not, and as previoiusly stated, the OP seems to like the company, just not the dealings she has had to have with the CEO. I for one am happy to see comments about each person's experience and your unreasonable request might be something soneone else considers to be reasonable.

I don't see it that way - My thoughts

[ In Reply To ..]
I tend to be forthright and do not like to let things go if they bother me. I did take time to comment on what bothered me but didn't feel as though feedback was wanted nor accepted. It seemed opposite, in that no response was ever received. I don't think i'll do that again.

ditto - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

ScribeRight - I Just Sent My Resume - caninemom3

[ In Reply To ..]
Hello everyone

I have been looking for another job as a transcriptionist and I decided that overall ScribeRight seems to have fewer complaints than some of the others about them so I sent my resume to them.

Does anyone know how long it takes them to respond ?? I have a job with a good company, a reliable company but they changed my schedule from Sunday through Thursday to Monday through Friday and also changed my hours so now I am working Monday through Friday 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. I never see my husband anymore and I have to do something so that maybe I can spend time doing something other than working constantly. My husband's only day off is Friday. Anyway, I don't mean to go on. It is just that I don't want my job to be my entire life. Thank you all for listening, and sorry about the rant. Take care all.

not sure on how long to respond but here are a few - other things you need, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
you need a business license so they can prove you are an IC. You also need a certificate for HIPAA. They do provide a web site for that (you will have to pay a fee for that). The pay is $15 an hour and you can work as many hours as you like. They do not pay overtime to an IC.
This is for a DMT position - Not MT
[ In Reply To ..]
ScribeRight has a DMT (data migration technician) division and a medical transcription division. Don't know what the pay is on the MT side - this is for DMT.

ScribeRight - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
This is a great place to work, but I agree with some of the others who have had unpleasant experiences with the CEO. I don't mind being an IC - I like being able to work as much as I want when I want and flexing my schedule accordingly. Working with Al and Helen has been great - both answer questions whenever I have them, and seem to be very knowledgeable about this project and the requirements, as do the QA editors. However, on the few times I've dealt with Lisa, it's not been good. Not sure what the issue is - at first I thought it was just me - but this thread has helped me see she may have her own issues of no people skills or just plain rude behavior - not sure which. In any case, I'm glad she's not my main contact.

Similar Messages:

JLG Current Employees
Apr 28, 2011

I have recently been offered a position with JLG.  I have checked the archives for info on this company, however, most of them are from 1-2 years ago.  I am interested in any info a current employee of JLG can offer to me regarding this company - good or bad.  ...

Current PF Employees
Jun 28, 2014

To those of you who work for PF, is the second test after the phone interview difficult? I thought the first test was challenging, but not that bad.  If you pass do you get hired? ...

Current TransTech Employees
Jan 20, 2012

I am a former TT employee and I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but have any of you received your W2's? ...

Keystrokes - Current Employees
Dec 30, 2012

Has anyone received their "follow-up call" yet to the survey the employees were asked to fill out over four months ago now?  We were again assured about a month ago that this would be made a top priority.    Also, is anyone else typing on a radiology account right now at the $1/report rate?  Just curious if anyone would be willing to share on average how many reports they are typing in a pay period at this rate. ...

Any Current Accentus Employees??
May 20, 2013

I will be interviewing soon for a position at Accentus.  Since they are a part of Nuance, I thought I would post my questions here.  I want to get the opinions of any current workers.  Do they run out of work often?  Is the Apex platform anything close to the Escription platform?  Is the STAR team really worth the extra per line or is it too much to take in?  I have seen posts on here from last year, but want to see how they are currently.  Any input is greatly ...

Current Keystrokes Employees
Oct 01, 2014

Keystrokes had an ad on 9/25 and was wondering how they are to work for.  The recent posts are talking about not getting paid on time, etc.  Any feedback would be very much appreciated.  Any happy MTs working for this company? Account is straight typing for pediatric hospital.  What is pay for straight typing and do they pay for spaces?  Also any comments on benefits.  Thank you very much. ...

Questions For Current Spheris Employees
Jan 25, 2010

I have an interviewed set up for Wednesday. From what I've read, I would prefer getting a job elsewhere but when you have bills to pay that's not always a viable option if nothing else comes along.1.  Does Spheris only hire employees, or do they also hire ICs? 2.  What is there requirement in terms of lines per day?3.  Do all MTs get the same line rate or do they pay based on experience? 4.  Are you required to do VR or can you request straight typing?6.  What ...

Candid Opinions From Current/former Employees, Please
Oct 06, 2010

I've read thru the archives and didn't find a lot of recent info on Diskriter.  I've been offered a position with them and would like to hear the pros/cons, good/bad/ugly from current or former employees about this company and what it's really like to work for them.  The recruiter sounds great, but I know that doesn't mean a lot in the big picture. If you've worked for DR or currently work for them, I'd love to hear from you.  Feel free to email ...

Softscript Employees Former, Current, Newbies
Oct 06, 2012

claim form was updated only 2 months ago with several details you will almost certainly find useful http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSE-55-overtime-sheet.xls   Note these gems:    [ If you have been retaliated against, you may file a retaliation complaint by filling out another form, “DLSE FORM 205.”] 4. Are other employees also filing wage claims against your employer? âYES âNO â I DON’T KNOW & ...

Current/recent Former Allegiant Employees
Dec 03, 2012

Steady work load? Lots or little ESL? SR or Traditional? Pay scale? Pay on time? Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance. ...

Opinions On Transtech From Current Employees?
Jan 30, 2013

I just accepted a position with TransTech.  I feel really happy and blessed to find something FT in this economy, and benefits sound great.  Current TransTech MTs:  Have your experiences been positive?  ...

Just Started With Breitner...any Current Employees
Jun 24, 2014

who are using a text expander other than the one in the program?  I'm not having much luck with it.  Also, are you using any macro program?   TIA! ...

Athreon Info From Any CURRENT Employees
Aug 06, 2014

Looking for any info good, bad, ugly, such as pay, pay on time, flexibility, dictators, etc.  Did find some in the archives, kind of disappointing. TIA ...

ProScript Any Info Current Employees
Jan 13, 2015

Looking for information on this company from current employees...how do you like it...do you stay busy...and what do they pay for VR and straight transcription ...

Keystrokes - I Would Like To Hear From Current Employees Please
Mar 02, 2015

New jobs posted today. I would appreciate any information. Thanks! ...

Any Recent Or Current TTS Employees Happy?
May 19, 2015

I did a search for TTS but only old comments are coming up, 2011 is the newest I could find.  Anyone care to comment about this company?  I know companies do change sometimes, so I thought I'd try to find some recent feelings on it. ...

Keystrokes Recent Employees - Past And Current
Mar 29, 2011

If anyone who recently worked for Keystrokes or still works for them who worked overtime without getting paid for it, please let me know. Thanks. ...

Question For Current/past SoftScript Employees..
Sep 20, 2011

Wondering if anyone has been let go because of sending over 8% of work to QA.  They expect our line count to be at least 135 an hour (which for the most part is easily done), our accuracy to be 98+ and under 8% to QA.  Sometimes this is not possible.  I do everything I can to not send to QA (relisten, utilize google, books, relisten, adjust speed/sound, did I mention relisten, relisten, relisten).....but lets face it there are a boatload of dictators that are just impossible.  ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

Any Current Focus Employees? Pros, Cons, Good, Bad Comments?
Nov 17, 2010

Is there work?  Do they pay on time?  Any comments on overall experience there would be appreciated.  ...

ScribeRight - Any New Info On ScribeRight
Jan 04, 2012

Any new info on ScribeRight out of Washington?  ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Scriberight?
Jun 23, 2010

Anyone know anything about them?  Only US employees utilized but wondered about the people, helpful? Punitive QA? Schedule? Money? Thanks in advance. ...

Thanks A Lot, ScribeRight
Dec 02, 2011

Thanks for ruining my Christmas and wasting my time. ...

ScribeRight DMT
Jun 04, 2012

Please tell me there are other DMTs out there who didn't meet the 98% QA score?! I'm so disappointed in myself!  I love this job and hope I can bump up my score.  Feeling like a horrible DMT right now! ...

Scriberight BS
Oct 11, 2012

Have any of the other DMTs noticed that when there is a "big push" and we can "work all the hours we want" that as soon as that wave is done, then a "glitch" comes up in the work where we don't have any work for a few days? This is getting to be BS. ...

ScribeRight DMT's
Oct 22, 2012

For those who are DMT's at ScribeRight, do you think there will be more work after this project ends? I am wondering if I should be planning for no more work in a few months and if I should take on another job. ...

Anyone Ever Worked For Scriberight?
Oct 16, 2009

I used to work for them and I am just disgusted. They nit pick you to death over every detail and expect your work to be perfect, but they don't want to pay you anymore than the average job. Just wondering if anyone else had been with them? ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Scriberight?
Nov 02, 2009

Any info on this company would be great. ...