A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient First - current MT - Anon

Posted: Apr 20, 2013

Regarding the posts below, thought I would expound.  I have been there a few years and it is the best MT job I have had in a very long career. The process for hiring is a bit complex but it is worth it.  Don't bother unless you are really experienced.

Basics: 

-1400 lines per day minimum - 50-character line with spaces - 7 cpl.  Do the math - it is comparable to 10 cpl for a 65-character line. Dictaphone account (provided), typed in MS Word (one long file). You provide phone line (VOIP works).

-There is a list of approved abbreviations. All others are typed out.  Spend a couple hours putting everything into auto text. Like every place else, there are site specifics. Once you learn them, they are automatic.

-Excellent benefits, partially underwritten by PF.  Cigna medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, life insurance,retirement, PTO, before taxes flexible spending, Christmas bonus, triple-time holiday pay. Computer

Hiring:

-Take online test and apply. If you pass, you will be flown to Glen Allen (near Richmond VA) for interview with HR and management.  You will take then transcribe (one of the hardest for sure) on site to make sure you didn't cheat on your online test. You will probably undergo training during this trip. Your equipment will be sent to you.

-You will be on QA until you learn to do it the PF way. It is intensive but they know it is a process and will take a few weeks. It is not judgemental - if you get through the hiring process they know you are a good MT.  It is simply a back and forth designed to get you used to transcribing according to the way they do it. 

All in all, this is a great company to work for.  The leads are professional and supportive. You have a 24-hour window to get  your work done. You always have someone available for support and it does have a small company feel.  I think it is a great company to work for and I am happy to be here.  Not trying to paint a perfect picture - it is a job. But, it is a good job.

really wish you would have posted with the thread to save searchin - around for what you are talking about. no time fo

[ In Reply To ..]
-

Look gift horse in the mouth, much? - Bilboa

[ In Reply To ..]
I mean, really!

The OP goes to the trouble of helpfully writing up a nice, thorough, succinct collection of info on (what sounds like) just the MT job so many of us have been searching for... and all you can do is complain that she started a new thread???

Sheesh!

To the OP -- THANK YOU!!! SOME of us greatly appreciate your taking the trouble *and* being willing to share your good fortune!

whatever, hun. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

where are the posts - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Where did all the posts for this subject go? There was a lot of good information about this company. Went back to reread, and they are all gone???!!!

Where are the posts - Anon - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
I wondered that too and I enjoyed the discussion. An observation, though, is that a lot of information was being revealed that perhaps should not have been in regard to salary, benefits, schedules and the interview process, the employer may not have appreciated that, I know mine would not. The other thing is that when people read all of that, Patient First might have been slammed with more resumes than they were able to process. FYI, they have had an opening since some time in 2012 according to the job board. Either they are extremely fussy or the hype is greatly exaggerated. In my part of the country, jobs like that are filled almost immediately.

To wondering-My thoughts exactly-nm! - UNIMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Regarding Psychiatry, Patient Was Feeling Ill With A Current *couch*??*count* Score Of 13. Nm
May 15, 2013

. ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

Current TTD MTs
Oct 21, 2011

Would like to hear from current MTs their opinion and any info you would care to share about TTD.   Thanks. ...

Current Cpl
Apr 15, 2013

What is the current cpl rate that companies should be paying?  ...

I'm A Current MM MT And Would Like To Become MME.
Jan 10, 2015

I can't find any info anymore. Are there still MMEs and are they still testing for this position? Thanks! ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...

What Is The Current MQ Atmosphere Like?
Feb 14, 2010

I keep getting recruitment emails, but I am leary from all the bad press I have seen in the past.  I really need a job and wonder if I should reconsider.  Any thoughts?  How is the pay? Do they hire PT?  Need the scoop. ...

Current Information On MD-IT?
Mar 07, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on MD-IT?   I searched the boards and the archives and found nothing.  If anyone could share any information at all, I would appreciate it, thanks. ...

Looking For Current Information On TTS Please (sm)
Jan 05, 2011

Have read the archives but most of it is from 2009 and older, a few posts in 2010 but really hoping to find out more current information.  They are offering IC status but then list the shifts that they expect you to work???  How is the pay, platform, volume of work, managers, communication, you name it, I would like to know it.  :)   TIA ...

Current CMT's - Is It Worth It?
Jan 08, 2011

If I take the CMT test the goal is to increase my income from my current earnings as a full time MT/ME.  But is it worth the $$ and time required to prepare for and take the CMT test?  I am confident that I would have no problem passing the test after adequate review, etc. So is it worth the effort?  Bottom line -- it will cost money to take the exam and it will cost money to either enroll in a review course or buy review materials to prepare for the exam. And the CMT credential ...

Any Current Information About TTS? 
Apr 11, 2011

Does anyone have any current information about TTS?  Could someone who works there now please let me know how things are going with this company?  ...

JLG Current Employees
Apr 28, 2011

I have recently been offered a position with JLG.  I have checked the archives for info on this company, however, most of them are from 1-2 years ago.  I am interested in any info a current employee of JLG can offer to me regarding this company - good or bad.  ...

Anyone With Current Information On E-MTS?
May 05, 2011

I've done the search and don't find anything current. I would like to have any details you might such as cpl, hours, flexing, amount of work, etcetera. Please post or e-mail. ...

Does Anyone Have CURRENT Information On JLG? Nm
May 30, 2011

/ ...

DTI - Any Current Info
Aug 27, 2011

Any current info on this company please? ...

JLG --- Current Job Openings
Aug 27, 2011

Would current new hires at JLG for the new verbatim account please answer these questions:  1.  What is their cpl rate? 2.  How difficult are the dictators? 3.  Is there enough work? 4.  Platform being used, is it good to work on. I have read the negative posts here about JLG but I am really in need of a job at this point.  I haven't worked for almost three months and I figure at least a verbatim account shouldn't be that hard to get right.  Plea ...

EMTS - Anything Current About Them - Sm
Oct 26, 2011

Employee/IC?  Pay scale?  VR/straight?  Nice people?  Strict hours? ...

Any Current ProTypers Here?
Feb 10, 2012

Any current ProType employees here?  I've received a couple of calls from them but was hoping I could find out the current state of the accounts, workload, etc., from MTs currently working there. Thanks much for any info! ...

Anyone With Current Info On K&R? S/m
Jul 21, 2012

See they are hiring but would appreciate any info first.  I've already jumped too quick into a company that sucks.  Thanks ! ...

Current Info On DTS-OK Please.
Aug 30, 2012

Before applying would appreciate info, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Thank you! ...

End Of Current Quarter?
Sep 13, 2012

Does anyone know when the current quarter ends? ...

Any Current Info On TTS
Apr 23, 2013

Any current info on TTS such as line rate, flexibility, plenty of work, platform and what the accounts are like? Easy to make lines? Also wondering if they offer shift differential for 2nd shift.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is There Anyone With Any Current Info On TTS. Nm
Nov 17, 2013

nm ...