A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient First Transcription possible hires have to travel to Virginia - CuriousMT

Posted: Apr 16, 2014

I have read the archives regarding Patient First.  I am curious as to if all possible hires have to travel to Virginia. I understand it is company paid, however just curious if this is a standard requirement.

It is... - gemini

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a standard of theirs, but ridiculous in this day in age. My experience in doing so with them was that I sat in a room for the first whole 8 hours with others filling out paperwork that I could have filled out at home in half an hour. The second two days of "training" there were full of computers not working, training modules not working, and again things I could have more quickly done at home.

Patient First - happy PF employee

[ In Reply To ..]
I can understand being apprehensive about transcription jobs and employers but this is ridiculous anymore. Does everything have to be done your way? Yes you have to go to Virginia for 3 days, completely paid for. Yes you have to arrange things with family to make sure they are taken care of. We all had to do that. Do you want a job or do you want to be boss? Regardless whether you think going to Virginia is stupid or not, worth your time or not it is THEIR way and you get paid for it. Remember you are the one looking for a job not the other way around.

I have been with PF for 2 1/2 years and there has not been one day that I ran out of work. In fact we are so far behind we were just on 3 months of OT and we still are behind.

I don't like everything about the way they do things but the good outweighs the bad. They are opening up new centers 5-6 every year which means more work. We have 52 Urgent Care Centers and more are sceduled to open in June. We service over 5,000 people every day at our 52 centers right now, so obviously we have plenty of work. We are not just Urgent Care we are also primary care.

I have been in the spot some of you are in, not enough work, no benefits, working hours on end to make less than $100.00. Then I took a chance on Patient First and have not had any regrets. I am making good money, benefits are decent. Not quite as good as when I worked in the hospital but those days are gone even for the hospitals. In fact the hospital I worked at is laying off most of their transcriptionists due to voice recognition.

So if you want a decent paycheck every two weeks and be able to go to the doctors when you need or be able to take vacation then you have to give a little. If you're not willing to take 3 days of your time for a decent job then stay where you are and quit complaining. If you want it your way then start your own business and we will see how that goes.

5 to 6 centers every year - WXYZ

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad you have a job and love it, but are you familiar with the term McMedicine? To me, there's something strange about the whole set up - unilimited funds to pay travel expenses and lodging for MTs, plus all the other perks you claim to receive. Someone picks up those charges, probably passed along to the patients/clients in higher bills. I don't know if you realize it, but it is rare for job candidates to have their expenses paid, even upper level management and CEOs. People have a right to question something that sounds too good to be true.
WXYZ - happy PF employee
[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, since PF gets the same amount from the insurance company that every other doctor or hospital gets, I am sure the charges are not passed on to you and me. Guess you all are so used to giving all the perks to the CEOs and COOs and such, and that makes it okay since it goes to them. Second, whether people think it is strange or not to have to go to Virginia is irrelevant. That is the way PF does things. Maybe the owner of the company doesn't have to get rich overnight or only worry about the top, and I can tell you, he makes each and everyone of us feel like part of his family. He shows us his appreciation for the hard work we all do. How may places do you know of that if you work in one of the centers and its flu season you get an extra $1.00 per hour for taking the risk of getting the flu and being bombarded with sick people? He does a lot of unconventional things that we are not used to because he does care about his employees. That is what makes us come here and defent this company. Because he is not like any other boss or owner of a big and growing company.

The perks I claim to get is not a claim. It is a fact. I get a bonus at Christmas time of %100.00 for every year of service. I get "presents" in the mail, each and every one of us. Hard to believe but true.

And my point of the entire email was either quit wining about being out of work constantly, not making any money and have to be on food stamps, blah, blah, blah and be so distrustful you can't see beyond your nose. Do something to help yourselves, not blame everyone else for your problems.

I really don't care who or if any of you believe what I am saying about Patient First, but I will be damned if you are going to come here with all your negativity and conjecture talking crap about a good company to work for and think I will not respond. You want your cake and eat it too, have had it. I on the other hand was willing to give 3 days of my time so I can have a job that is worth having, which in our business says quite a bit for the man that owns PF.

As far as questioning something that sounds too good to be true. It has been questioned and answered by many PF employees, myself included over and over, we keep saying the same thing and yet still no one wants to believe us. So like I said I really don't care who believes us or not just quit bashing Patient First.

I think if I had to live my life as cynically as most of you do I would commit suicide.
Agreed - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I know this post is old, but I agree. Something is off....

Similar Messages:

Patient First Transcription Out Of Virginia
Oct 27, 2013

I see Patient First is offering medical transcription jobs.  Does any work there presently or know anything about the company.  They are out of Virginia.   Thanks. ...

New Hires At Patient First?
Jun 22, 2014

Anyone recently hired by Patient First?  How long did the whole process take?  It seems like things are moving really slow. ...

Info On Paragon Transcription In Virginia
Jun 20, 2013

Does anyone have any information about Paragon. Any information, whether it's good or bad, would be great.  Thanks in advance! ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Mount Laurel Travel
Mar 13, 2010

Anybody else loving that refreshing invitation that if we are traveling to the Mount Laurel Office to stay in the Hyatt?  First of all, are any of able to go anywhere this summer and even stay in Motel 6?  Plus do you suppose they are getting some kind of monetary compensation for advertising for the Hyatt on the MQ Central site? ...

Silent Type Travel
Nov 17, 2011

Does anybody know if Silent Type still requires traveling to them for training?  TIA ...

Anyway To Check Report Travel History?
Jul 10, 2012

Just wondering as I seem to be getting the doc that no one likes to type after seeing him assigned to another person.  It could be that the person was at the end of their shift and punched out before getting to the report in her queue, but after happening 3 times now, I'm getting suspicious. ...

Where Is Virginia? N/m
Dec 06, 2009

nm ...

Virginia MT Jobs
Jul 09, 2012

Anybody here work in-house in the Norfolk/Newport News/Williamsburg area? ...

Yes, Virginia, There Is Life After MM
Aug 03, 2014

In the last 5 months, I have been fired from MM after 16 years of dedicated service on my part (95.5% audit, buh-bye), have collected UE, applied for hundreds (literally) of jobs in the large metro area in which I live, cried on my husband's shoulder (the kindest and best of men) and helped take care of my ailing 92-year-old mom (what a sweetie). In the last month, my mom passed away (worried about me, not herself). In the last 10 days, my young dachshund passed away from lymphoma (e ...

Off To Virginia Tomorrow
Jan 24, 2015

Well, everything is all set.  I have all my reservations and my travel plans set.  Leaving tomorrow at noon, meeting the team on Monday morning at 8:15.  I'm scared to death!!  Besides this being my first filight EVER, I'm nervous about the second test that I'll have to take - I'm hoping that I pass!   ...

Wondering About EScribeSolutions In Virginia
Aug 17, 2012

I've heard they use an M*Modal platform...isn't that Medquist's rebrand?  Anyone with any info on these folks?  thx! ...

Patient First Transcription
Dec 02, 2013

Warning for MTs interested in Patient First Transcription.   Beware...  This is a very difficult company to work for.  First, the platform is extremely difficult as it is working in DOS.  Second, the management team is extremely critical and not employee friendly.  They do not give constructive feedback, again, very critical, even during training period.  Hours are in dispute constantly.   In short, really think about working on a DOS-based system (lines decrea ...

Patient First Transcription Pay
Jan 14, 2015

Can someone tell me an approximate pay for Patient First transcriptionist?  Are they paid hourly, production based and if so how much per line, etc.?  Thank you. ...

Anyone With Current Info On Escribe Out Of Virginia?
Jan 19, 2015

They're hiring but wanted to find out any info first. Thanks. ...

Patient First Transcription - Anyone Work For Them?
Oct 22, 2011

Anyone work for them?  I understand they have an unconventional way of wanting their transcription done and you have to use a C-phone.  Can you make a living?   Feel free to e-mail if you prefer.  Thanks...   ...

Patient First Transcription - Have Some Questions
Jun 22, 2013

I am looking into this company and have some questions.  This seems to be a direct for provider job, which I would prefer is this correct?  How extensive are their account specifics?  Are they in line with the BOS?  Do they have a specific platform they use?  Do they have part time work available?  I am nervous having been burned by MTSOs before so I am hesitant to apply at bigger companies.   ...

Patient First Transcription Getting Impatient
Jun 17, 2014

I was contacted by Patient First last week after I applied about a month ago by email stating she would love to talk to me.  I still haven't spoken to anyone. She hasn't called me yet.  Is this common for Patient First?  Has anyone else had this happen?  I read they are slow to get back.  I'm just getting impatient. ...

Patient First Transcription Straight Typing
Apr 24, 2014

I have been seeing posts about Patient First, but I have looked everywhere and have not seen an ad or link to their website to check to see if they are hiring....I am hoping to find a good company that does straight typing, and Patient First might be an option for me....thanks in advance. ...

Patient First Transcription - Any Recent Experience With This Company
Dec 14, 2011

Wondered if anyone has any recent experience with this company. Considering an offer but hesitant because of long delays in communication with HR. Thanks.     ...

Patient First Transcription - Finished The Application Process
Aug 29, 2013

Does anyone know how long it might take to hear back from Patient First regarding my application and typing test? I tested last week, haven't heard back and there is no way to follow up with anyone directly. When I log on to the career site, it just says that I have nothing further to do as I have already finished the application process. ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

Hires New MTs
Jul 02, 2010

In my ongoing search to find a job, I came across this company that I thought I would pass along. It is Northeast Transcription Inc. and their site says they hire new grads (within the past 6 months). You have to be able to stand on your own from the start - there's no mentoring or special support, but it would be worth checking into. Good luck. ...

To All You New Hires
Oct 04, 2012

I wish I could be happy for you; however, the MTs on my account have been out of work for the better part of the week and we were informed recently of the plan for the company to add more MTs to this account. Great, more of us sitting around out of work. Welcome to the company. ...

New Hires At AHD
Feb 13, 2014

Any of you folks started working for them yet?  ...

New Hires
May 04, 2015

I notice in their multiple job postings that Nuance mentions "a steady flow of work" and a "sign on bonus"..... I am just wondering how many of you new hires out there have actually seen this bonus come to fruition....or the steady flow of work??? ...

MQ Recent Hires...
Dec 29, 2010

So did anyone who trained in the last month start working yet?  How's it going?  Any insight to offer those of us still waiting to start?  I'm kinda freaked out at everything I read here and I truly should stop reading it; however, it's like a train wreck I can't seem to look away long enough to give myself perspective.  Add to that that I'm already depressed for other reasons and things are not looking so hot in my neck of the woods on any level.&nbs ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Hires PT MMEs?
Feb 16, 2011

x  TIA ...

SoftScript Hires IC's?
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone know if SoftScript hires IC's?  Thanks! ...

Does Anybody Know If Keystrokes Only Hires
Sep 06, 2011

full-time positions or do they have part-time positions as well?  TIA ...