A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

info on Paragon Transcription in Virginia - me

Posted: Jun 20, 2013

Does anyone have any information about Paragon. Any information, whether it's good or bad, would be great.  Thanks in advance!

See message - Be cautious

[ In Reply To ..]
The starting pay is quite low, even by industry standards. They have no website and no internet presence whatsoever. All of their work is contracted with (I believe) Diskriter, all through Nuance. The person who calls to interview you is the husband of the owner and it's a lengthy interview. They then send you the testing.

I'm sure I'll get some hate in the form of "thumbs down" for that, but the testing is where I got totally skeeved out and pursued them no further.

The MT test consists of a bunch of English questions, which is all fine and good, but the entire test was taken from some oddball pseudo-Christian academia textbooks. I kid you not. All sorts of Biblical quotes and phrases and religious information. In tiny print at the bottom of one of the pages I found the name of the document the test had been taken from, and I copied and pasted it and stuck into Google (the print was so tiny I couldn't read it, even with my reading glasses). That's where I found it was apparently some pseudo-Christian radical type of private schooling. I can't recall the name of it or I'd post it here.

I'm not bashing Christians with the above, truly I'm not, but I found it totally inappropriate not only for an MT grammar/vocabulary test but just inappropriate for *any* job test.

It also made me wonder if that, perhaps, is why they have no internet presence; I understand that many fundamentalist groups think the internet is pretty much the work of the devil and avoid it. I have a distant relative who is a fundamentalist and won't even allow computers in her home because she thinks they would be an evil influence on her kids.

Anyway, the entire experience just kind skeeved me out. During my telephone interview, the owner's husband also told me some very personal information about another MT who works for them; this MT had been the one who had suggested Paragon to me. I felt that, too, was grossly inappropriate and made me very uncomfortable.

HTH. I had no intention of ever sharing this information voluntarily but since you asked, I felt obligated to speak out.

Wow, thank you! nm - me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know Anything About Paragon Transcription?
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know anything about Paragon Transcription?  I've got an interview, but don't know anything about them. ...

Information You Could Give Me On Paragon Transcription
May 22, 2014

I would like any information you could give me on Paragon Transcription.   Thank you.   ...

Anyone With Current Info On Escribe Out Of Virginia?
Jan 19, 2015

They're hiring but wanted to find out any info first. Thanks. ...

Patient First Transcription Out Of Virginia
Oct 27, 2013

I see Patient First is offering medical transcription jobs.  Does any work there presently or know anything about the company.  They are out of Virginia.   Thanks. ...

Patient First Transcription Possible Hires Have To Travel To Virginia
Apr 16, 2014

I have read the archives regarding Patient First.  I am curious as to if all possible hires have to travel to Virginia. I understand it is company paid, however just curious if this is a standard requirement. ...

Ever Hear Of Paragon EMR?
Oct 25, 2012

Anybody ever hear of Paragon which was developed by McKesson? I believe it competes with Epic. My daughter is a consultant for it. Just like to know more about it. ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Where Is Virginia? N/m
Dec 06, 2009

nm ...

Virginia MT Jobs
Jul 09, 2012

Anybody here work in-house in the Norfolk/Newport News/Williamsburg area? ...

Yes, Virginia, There Is Life After MM
Aug 03, 2014

In the last 5 months, I have been fired from MM after 16 years of dedicated service on my part (95.5% audit, buh-bye), have collected UE, applied for hundreds (literally) of jobs in the large metro area in which I live, cried on my husband's shoulder (the kindest and best of men) and helped take care of my ailing 92-year-old mom (what a sweetie). In the last month, my mom passed away (worried about me, not herself). In the last 10 days, my young dachshund passed away from lymphoma (e ...

Off To Virginia Tomorrow
Jan 24, 2015

Well, everything is all set.  I have all my reservations and my travel plans set.  Leaving tomorrow at noon, meeting the team on Monday morning at 8:15.  I'm scared to death!!  Besides this being my first filight EVER, I'm nervous about the second test that I'll have to take - I'm hoping that I pass!   ...

Wondering About EScribeSolutions In Virginia
Aug 17, 2012

I've heard they use an M*Modal platform...isn't that Medquist's rebrand?  Anyone with any info on these folks?  thx! ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

OSi Transcription?? Anyone Have Info?
Jan 14, 2010

Does anyone have any experience/info abotu OSi? It seems like they do a TON of hiring and i'm not sure that it's a good thing. I'm a new MT and want to start out right. Thanks! ...

CLK Transcription Any Info?
Nov 12, 2010

Any info on this company?  I have heard from them and she is rather up front about her workload, etc., but I would like to know if anyone has worked for this company.  The last time I posted about a company, someone said "look elsewhere" and I didn't listen and I should have.  I am now looking elsewhere.  If you want to e-mail me that is fine as well.  Thanks in advance.    ...

Any New Info Regarding Transcription Plus LLC
Dec 31, 2010

I did a search on transcription plus LLC and didn't see much but was wondering if anyone currently works for them and has any positive or negative things to say about this company.  I am considering taking a position with them.    TIA ...

Looking For CLK Transcription Info
Sep 07, 2011

I've looked through the archives, have a couple questions on what I couldn't find... Anyone know what the average TAT is? How's the work, steady/intermittent/rare? Anything else I need to know that you think is important? ...

KJ&M Transcription, Inc Any Info?nm
Jan 10, 2012

x ...

360 Transcription - Any Info
Aug 25, 2013

Any info on this company.  Pay, etc.?  They have 2 very long tests.  It is a waste of my time if they pay bum wages and are a bum company.  Any info would help.  TIA. ...

Any Info On CC Transcription? Sm
Oct 07, 2014

They're looking for ortho help.  But, they have 6 dislikes on the post. ...

Any Info On United Transcription Out Of NC?
Nov 29, 2009

Hi.  Was hoping that someone could give me some information regarding United Transcription out of North Carolina??  Any details would be very much appreciated  ...

Transcription South - Any Info?
Dec 04, 2009

I have searched the archives and I don't find anything on this company.  Can anyone help?  Thanks! ...

Any Info On Advance Transcription?
Dec 28, 2009

nm ...

Anyone With Info On Hands On Transcription?
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Hands-On Transcription Info....sm
Jan 07, 2010

Hi - any info on this company?  I checked the archives, but info is mostly from a few years ago and vague.  Feel free to e-mail me.  TIA! ...

Letni Transcription - Any Info?
Jan 13, 2010

I have been contacted to test for an entry level position by Letni Transcription.  Does anyone have any information about this company? ...

Info On Medscribe Transcription?
Jan 20, 2010

Anyone Info. On E-transcription Group?
Mar 09, 2010

nm ...

Transcription Matchmaker An Info?
May 04, 2010

Anybody know anything about this company. I seems to be an employment agency for MTs and other medical record related jobs.  Their website says no fee to job seekers. ...