A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient First Transcription - have some questions - anon

Posted: Jun 22, 2013

I am looking into this company and have some questions.  This seems to be a direct for provider job, which I would prefer is this correct?  How extensive are their account specifics?  Are they in line with the BOS?  Do they have a specific platform they use?  Do they have part time work available?  I am nervous having been burned by MTSOs before so I am hesitant to apply at bigger companies.  

Are they even hiring? nm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I saw an ad - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
on Career Builder, but I have decided against it. After being browbeaten by MTSOs I don't think I am good enough for this company.

We've all been browbeaten because of what is - being done

[ In Reply To ..]
The name of the game was always 'cherry picking.' New recruits are given the pits, just remember that. Can't prove it, and they know it. They use it too. Their rules, so don't say you are not good enough...you just don't know the game with the new rules.
no cherry picking at PF - happy PF employee
[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure if you are just venting, but this does not apply to PF. You get assigned your clinic and that is pretty much where you stay. Not sure how there would be any cherry picking?
to happy PF employee - question
[ In Reply To ..]
I found the website but the only MT job listed does not say anything about being remote?
another question - looking
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you use C-phones/phone line?
c-phones - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, but the company provides all equip and computer.
question - happy at PF
[ In Reply To ..]
All of their transcription is done remotely. They post the job under the admin office rather than the individual locations, but it is a not actually in the office.
I have gone - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
from doing "a good job" when I started at two different MTSOs to being made to feel like I hadn't a clue how to transcribe at all. It has made me very gun shy to apply at a big company. I would love a job that made me feel like I was good at what I did even more than one that paid well.
respected on the job - happy PF employee
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I can tell you that I have not felt this valued as an employee since my early days (20+ years ago) at the hospital I used to work for. You are treated as an important member of the team, just as much so as any other personnel. The benefits are fantastic and the pay is probably the best out there. They never run out of work or over staff. Got a very nice handwritten Christmas card with a very nice check for an x-mas bonus. Team leads are always available and answer questions within minutes, but leave you alone otherwise.

patient first - happy PF employee

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, very, very happy PF employee. To answer your questions, PF is a group of clinics in the mid Atlantic area, based in Richmond, Va. You will need to travel to Richmond for interview and training. They pay all of these expenses, air, hotel, meals, and rental car.

The transcriptionists are all direct employees with full benefits.

There are not account specific exactly, but they do have a particular way that they like their work typed that you will be fully trained on. They do not follow the BOS, they have their own style.

We use Word. There is no editing, it is all typing.

No part time, at least was told that when I asked a long time back.

It is an EXCELLENT company to work for, probably one of the best out there. Just got told we will get either extra paid day on top of lines or an extra PTO day for working July 5th. They also offered this on the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's eve. Holiday pay is triple time. M-W, no weekends. Pay is on a 50 character line.

forgot to mention - happy PF employee

[ In Reply To ..]
I forgot to mention that your work hours are completely your own. You just need to get your required line count in. You do not need to let anyone know when you will be working, etc., just get your lines in. It does not take 8 hours to get the lines, so you can essentially treat this as a part time job even though they do not have part time positions.

Nerarly impossible to get into PF-there are - Forgetaboutit

[ In Reply To ..]
a chosen few and probably for good reason, since it is a dream job come true according to posters. Had a great interview and 20+ years experience with all the bells and whistles including MT, QA, trainer, straight typing, editing, you name it platform, etc., and it went nowhere. So "cherry picking" is what the employer does, takes the best of the best apparently-which is fine, just don't get your hopes up!
Thanks - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know people are going to say how negative you are, (I call it reality, which is neither negative nor positive just true) but your post helps me. To those who work there, good for you. I will keep looking.
hard to get in - happy PF employee
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry that you didn't get hired on as you sound like you would probably be a good fit with your years of experience. I did refer a friend, and PF took what seemed like a long time to get back to them and FU, but they did eventually get hired. Was this fairly recent? Thinking back, it seemed like the process took them a few weeks. If you feel like it all went well, maybe you could call or send an e-mail asking if you are still being considered. I know my friend did this and was told that she would be hearing back, it was just going to take a little bit of time.

It may also be that word has gotten around and they have a flood of qualified applicants. Since no one really leaves, they only hire as they open new clinics.

If other companies could figure out the formula that PF has going, I think everyone would benefit. You know, treat a person as a valued employee, pay a decent wage, and give you plenty of work and the flexibility to get it done on your time. This is the reason there is almost no turnover and they are able to staff a highly qualified transcription dept. Too bad the big MTSOs don't get it!
To Happy PF employee-sent you an email-nm-thanks! - forgetaboutit
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
To anon, just my experience with PF and not being - forgetaboutit
[ In Reply To ..]
negative, just realistic. I spent a lot of time with the process, which was a waste of time and never heard from them again after the interview. So, obviously there is a LOT of competition for these jobs because I have a LOT of experience. But, supposedly it is the dream job, so go ahead and apply if you have the time, just don't get your hopes up is all.

No, I don't work for a service (MTSO)either, I have an in-house job with over 1500+ physicians dictating from a huge teaching facility.
Dream job - Skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, but it sounds too good to be true. How can a health care provider not have set schedules for employees? No employer permits people to "work when they want." Staffing needs to be adequate to cover stats, peak hours, etc. Also, how do they afford to pay someone's air fare and travel expenses; I live on the West Coast and that is very expensive. I know of know employer who pays travel expenses to interview, unless it's an upper level management position or perhaps some clinical positions, if they want you very badly. Triple time for holidays? I've been around the MT block a couple of times, always worked on site and have had great employers, but none of them ever offered these perks, even back in the day when MTs could name their price and have their choice of jobs. I'm sorry to be cynical (or negative) but what's the catch? When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Additional note - Skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
They have an ad on their job board. Minimum line count is 7000 lines a week.
dream job - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That is why it is a dream job and extremely difficult to get hired on, just so much competition. It is all true. I work at PF, worked Memorial Day, and I can assure you I made just shy of 400.00 for the day. Holidays are on a volunteer basis, but needless to say, they fill up fast, LOL! Nobody complains about working the holidays here!

Also, you definitely have the freedom to work whenever you want. They do not have peak times or whatever. They know about how much work each clinic generates and staff accordingly. There is not a set schedule. None. You don't need tell anyone when you will or won't be working. You need to meet your minimum lines, which you have correct 7000/week. I would say it is more accurately 1400/day. You can't do less per day. You can do more if you like, but not less. That is only 175 lph for an 8 hour day. I can't imagine anyone being that slow, especially on repetitive clinic work. If you can finish in 4 or 5 hours, then that is fine. It is why there is no turnover and everyone I have talked to here says they will never, ever leave!
forgot to mention - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Also, forgot to mention that is on a 50 character line (including spaces), not 65, so the lines add up pretty fast.
Turnover - Skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
There must be some turnover; I've seen 2 job postings for them in the last 3 months or so. Do you not have a manager? Regardless of what you say, someone needs to know when you are working (or not). Repetitive clinic work - well, I guess that's fine if you don't want to be challenged at work. Nobody complains about working Christmas or Thanksgiving? My employer paid double time for holidays and I always heard plenty of complaining. I said I'd never leave my MT job either (it was also ambulatory care and I was there for 18 years) then along came Epic and my work was gone. If PF is a perfect fit for you, then I truly hope it lasts forever, but don't be surprised if things change in some way, that it the nature of health care. There are downsides to every job, I just don't think you are sharing them.
turnover - happy PF employee
[ In Reply To ..]
The job postings are because they are opening new clinics all the time. I think there will be another 2 or 3 this summer and probably about the same in the fall.

The other posters are correct. There is no set schedule. You need to work 5 days out of the week. Most choose M-F, but you can work the weekend if you like.

Of course we have a manager! No one needs to know when we are working unless we are taking PTO. We need to get 1400 lines per day for 5 days a week. If you want to sleep in and start late, fine. If you want to get on early and be done by noon, fine. They don't care how you arrange your day, just be sure and get your lines.

I suppose some of the folks do not want to work Thanksgiving or Christmas, but I start early and finish up quickly. The pay is such a nice trade-off that it doesn't bother me. I volunteer for every single holiday! Also, plus your line rate, you get a full day of admin pay or an extra PTO day for day after Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's eve, and July 5th. I volunteer for all of those as well!

I suppose there are some downsides. IDK, maybe the work is a little boring? I am sure others may have some other issues, but working when I want, being appreciated, proper holiday pay, a M-F schedule, typing and not editing, and all the benefits far outweigh whatever downside there might be.

One nice benefit I didn't see mentioned is if you live in an area where they have clinics, you and your whole family are seen for $0.00 copay. They will bill your insurance for the visit, but there is no out of pocket expense for you or your family whatsoever. That is a really nice perk!

skeptical why are you wasting your time with this. - happy PF employee
[ In Reply To ..]
Skeptical why are you wasting your time since it seems you know everything about Patient First. We are here telling you this is an opportunity of a lifetime and you still want to be skeptical about this company. If repetitive work is not a challenge for you then by all means don't apply. I worked for a major hospital too and doing H&P, discharge summaries, OP notes, etc is just as repetitive. As far as holidays if you were making 22 cpl or 27 cpl you wouldn't jump at it? Believe me I signed up to work holidays and couldn't because they were already staffed for the holidays. But you just stay where you are because that is more work for us.

They only hire as they open up new clinics and they are opening up clinics all over. We get emails with the "pipeline" and they are scheduled to open 3 new clinics by the end of the year I believe.

I am sorry this business has turned you into such a skeptic and because of that you are willing to pass up a chance to work for one of the few good companies out there.

Yes you have to go to Virginia to train and paperwork, but they paid for everything, nice kitchenette hotel, renal car, air fare, food. My boss even took me out to lunch and showed me around the town.

But I guess I am lying, for what reason I am not sure but one last time, PF does not have a turn over and that is why you don't see repeated ads. They only hire as they need. Never run out of work because they only hire as needed.
Also thinking this is too good to be true - skeptical #2
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been in this business for a looooonnnng time and I've never run across a job as good as this one. If this is how this company runs, that would be great and it truly is a dream job.

I have a question, though, regarding the way things are typed. I've read that A LOT of what is typed is abbreviations and short sentences. While to me, 1400 lines a day on a 50 character line sounds like a piece of cake, I'm wondering whether you're having to type abbreviations where the doctor clears states something like "chronic obstructive pulmonary disease." This is just one example, but I've read in other posts where almost an entire sentence may be typed in abbreviations or shorthand (to the point that a layperson would have no idea what the abbreviations mean). If this is the case, then 1400 lines a day would be very hard to achieve and THERE would be the catch to this dream job.

Can you clarify the above? If I'm wrong I apologize, but this all sounds wayyyyy too good to be true.
typing for PF - happy at PF
[ In Reply To ..]
We have a very different way to type. You are fully trained on it and given plenty of time to learn. We do use abbreviations, but mostly for things that tend to be abbrev anyway. MI, COPD, medication frequencies, labs, etc. I put them in my auto correct and don't really think about them too much. We have a list and for these things we MUST use the abbrev. It is nothing like typing in shorthand or code, tho. Not at all. I would think anyone could read the report as easily as any other, with maybe a couple of oddball abbrev they wouldn't know. On the flip side, anything not on the list MUST be spelled out. This more than compensates for your abbrev. Even something like ROTC and YMCA are not on the list, they get spelled out. Much more ends up getting expanded than shortened. Some notes I do don't have any abbrev except what would be normal for any report - HEENT, prn, etc. They do want you to combine and shorten some sentences. Example: No stuffiness. No runny nose. No cough. S/B No stuffiness, runny nose, or cough.

Once you do it for a bit, you can type it right along without thinking about it. Honestly. At first it is a little difficult, but I really do not think about what I am typing all that much. It just gets typed the right way without much thought.

I usually get the 1400 lines in between 4-5 hours, so there is no problem whatsoever getting the 1400 in day.

I suppose some might call that a catch, using the abbrev, but like I said, I end up expanding more than I abbrev. and don't find that I am slowed down at all. It just allows us to get more notes accomplished. Also, we never send copies to anyone. Ever. And we don't really have demographics. You just pull up the patient by the number and the doctor says the name. If that matches, you just keep going. Your work goes on one long Word doc per DOS, so there is no work type, verifying a lot of doctor's names for copies, etc. Just keep typing. The lines add up really fast that way :)
To skeptical #2-BINGO-my thoughts exactly- - Skeptical #3
[ In Reply To ..]

I had an interview with them in the past and they do verbatim (strict) and abbreviations for everything, almost a shorthand version, hence, now 1400 lines looks like a heck of a lot.  Everyone in the MT business knows that the only thing that matters is how much money you can make, so the pretty fringe benefits, CPL, ect., don't mean nothing if you can't pay the bills.  I just left a P-T job because even though they paid a decent CPL, it wasn't worth it by the time their"formula" for counting lines kicked in.  So, using only abbreciations, shorthand-style, etc., MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!  Afte all, isn't that what intstant text, autocorrect, etc. are for, to EXPAND and make more money!

PF abbrev - happy at PF
[ In Reply To ..]
We do not type anything verbatim. We rearrange and combine sentences all the time! Also, there are abbrev that must be used, but none are to be used unless they are on the list. Otherwise, it is EXPANDED. ACL, PCL, cardiac cath, AICD,a-fib, LVH - none of these are on the list. they all get expanded. WAY, WAY more gets expanded than abbrev. Even so, though, they pay on a 50 character line to help with this. I would say most that I know get their lines in a few hours, so do not seeing how that is slowing anyone down. I get my lines straight off the Word character counter, divided by 50. There is no screwy formula to try and rip anyone off.
Why? - Skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
I just find it difficult to believe that they are going to fly me out from my home in Washington State, all expenses paid, for a medical transcription job. If this were the "opportunity of a lifetime," PF employees would not have to come to the forum every few months to brag about how wonderful their employer is. I do plan to stay where I am. I have every reason to be skeptical after seeing my MT job go down the tubes after 18 years with the same employer through no fault of my own. However, now I have a new non-MT job, a guaranteed hourly salary and don't have to worry about production quotas. Basically, I have the same benefits that you are getting. I never called anyone a liar, but when someone says, "I work when I want, do what I want and get paid piles of money", I guess I have to question how valid that is when I know that across the board that is not representative of MT or health care in general. Then, someone else came along and told a slightly different version of the story. There is nothing wrong with needing to know all the facts before thinking about traveling cross country for a job interview. Anytime someone tells me something is the "opportunity of a lifetime," I am probably going to start doing some investigating. There is no need for you to get defensive because someone is curious and wants to ask some questions.
to skeptical - another PF employee
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what to tell you about the flying out to interview part. This has been mentioned before. Those who have been flown out have said it was true.

We employees do not such show up randomly and "brag." This was in a response to someone's questions directly pertaining to the company. The post is titled Patient First, so we show up to let people know that it is a great place to work. Like you, my hospital job was outsourced and my old job was down the tubes. The service that took us over was the pits. I know others are in this position and want them to know there are still good places for transcriptionists out there, PF being one.

As far as there not being a schedule, the very first post states that mentions you don't have set hours or have to let anyone know when you are working, does say you have to get your lines in. I am not sure why you read that as not having to work a day at all if you don't want, but no one else seemed to be confused by that, so I don't think there is any different version of the story.

I agree, it is good to be skeptical, but multiple current employees are here to say that this is a really good company that actually cares about them. I don't think that is a bad thing. Others may be in a position where they really need a good company to work for.
Good company - Skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sorry to beat a dead horse, but if this place is so wonderful I would think they would have a waiting list as long as a person's arm and would not need to advertise at all or need to fly people in to interview. The east coast is a large population center and if it's as good as you say, I would think the MTs in that area would be competing with each other to get the jobs and would hear about them, either through word of mouth or local advertising. It surprises me that they have so much money to throw around on recruiting, travel expenses and what not when the health care providers in my area are struggling to make ends meet and cutting corners, and that includes ambulatory care and Walk-In centers such as Patient First. Facilities are merging, and transcription departments are usually the first to get outsourced or eliminated completely. You are all very fortunate to be able to work there, I hope your good luck continues.
I have to agree for the most part with skeptical- - NOPFforme
[ In Reply To ..]
If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true, especially in this line of work.

For another thing, the test is completely ridiculous. I am a CMT and have been in every aspect of MT, and this isn't a test for skills as an MT, it is picking the worst of the worst dictators (hopefully, this isn't a true sampling) and seeing what happens. The point of a test should simply be to find out what you know, not let's see if they can do these awful dictators or not.

Here's something I was wondering about--3 months ago we went through this same thing with PF employees saying how great a place it is to work and then PF got a deluge of resumes. I got an interview and did not take the job for my own reasons, although part of that being I was "skeptical."

My curiosity is what happened to all those people from 3 months ago that it is necessary to put up another ad? Hmmmmmm......and in my opinion if you can pass their test, they should hire you just because of that.

Also, some management of PF are related, which having been with another company whose management is all related, I want no part of that.

Just me I guess, but it makes me wonder.
don't get you guys - happy PF employee
[ In Reply To ..]
Why are you guys so concerned about whether or not a company flies someone in to interview or advertises for employees? I don't know if they have a corporate account and can fly people for next to nothing, have a suite at a hotel, a rental car account or know anything else about their travel budget. I am glad that they like to treat folks like professionals and want them to come see HQ and meet people face to face.

Since they hire directly for all their clinics, I would assume they have a regular account with many job posting sites and can put out an ad whenever without too much ado. Don't care how often they advertise for a job or how many resumes they get or got 3 months ago.

If this is what works for them, so be it. I wouldn't presume to tell them how to run their business.

Since someone asks questions about several of the same companies every few months, even those who frequent here don't know seem to know about every job or company that is out there. I was in my last job for over 20 years before PF. I certainly would not know if there was a group of 40 clinics, say in Texas or the west coast, for ex., that was hiring or whether it was a good company. How is someone just supposed to just know that this job is out there? What if they have been with their hospital for a long time and are suddenly outsourced? They wouldn't have had any reason to be looking before. Word does get around to some extent, but other than a few sites, we are mostly at home and do not get a chance to network much. Also, not sure how you would know what is out there if you are not even looking.

Can't speak personally to the test, maybe they have changed it, but I have recommended people for the job in the past. They all said the test was challenging but not THAT hard. A lot of ESL, but if you are used to doing a lot of ESL already, it is just more of the same. Nothing I work on there is particularly challenging. Not sure what you worked on.

Really, none of this has anything to do with whether it is a good company or whether anyone is for some-odd reason be lying about the job, which someone would quickly find out about on a little investigation. I don't think there has been anyone who currently works there disputing anything that anyone else has said. Everyone of the employees who spoke up had nothing but good things to say. The way this site draws complainers, I think that says something in and of itself. Not sure why the continued skepticism, especially if you interviewed. You must have found out that the pay & benefits were as stated here.

To the original skeptical, yes, I feel fortunate to have found a good job and do hope it continues on for as long as I need it to. Health care is a different kind of business. With EMR & gov laws always changing, etc., I don't think the tx business in general is a safe, long-term place for anyone, and you just never now what is coming around the bend.

I believe you happy - schnauzermom
[ In Reply To ..]
I just know I'm not good enough.
More thoughts - Skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
It really is not a very good idea for employees to be divulging their salaries in public and broadcasting all the wonderful things their employer does for them; future applicants might not be given the same consideration and be disappointed. Many employers (mine included) have rules regarding the use of social media. It is mainly to prevent disgruntled employees from spreading ill will, but I know they would not be happy if people went public with their salaries. I would also never reveal the name of my employer in a public forum. Yes, I remember when the same thing happened 3 months ago; I didn't believe it then either.
I no longer think you are skeptical, rather - I think you are just bitter and resentful
[ In Reply To ..]
I have read this thread in its entirety and watched you do everything but flat-out call the PF employees bald-faced liars. Now you're resorting to "schooling" them in what your employer would or would not want you to do. Your employer (whom you stated you would never name in a public forum) and that employer's expectations, rules, regulations, etc., are completely irrelevant to this thread. The OP asked about Patient First, and the Patient First MTs replied. You admittedly are not interested in a position the company and have never worked there, so you really had nothing to contribute to the discussion except to try to stir up a pot of bitter brew.

Give it a break. You're obviously rabidly upset that these MTs with PF are quite happy with their jobs and apparently treated quite well. Since you couldn't get them to throw down in the mud with you about the company, now you're going to a personal mode.

I do not, nor have I ever, worked at PF but I am delighted that those posters who do are fortunate to have such good opportunities. I have no doubt they're excellent MTs because their posts are very professional, with good basic grammar and punctuation skills. I'm sure PF is lucky to have them, as well.

So get off of that high-horse you've shinnied yourself up upon and stop trying to shroud your resentfulness with alleged skepticism. Just because you personally for whatever reason were not hired or did not accept a position is not a valid reason to besmirch either the company or the posters who did.

Ye gads.
Reply - Skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, do the math. A person who gets paid 3 times .22 or .27 for holidays, would routinely make .07 or .09 per line, which is the standard line rate. Anyone who works 4 hours or until they meet their "minimum" and knocks off for the rest of the day needs to be called out; sorry, but people who are hired for full-time work are generally expected to put in an 8-hour day. There are many other things that have been stated here that I still question, which is my right, and I never called anyone a liar. If you search the archives, you will find plenty of posts from former and current PF employees telling the other side of the story, and every time they do, "Happy PF" chimes in to tell everyone how wrong they are. I never applied there so I don't know if they would hire me. I know you think I am bitter but I really don't care. Since this happens every few months, I actually question if some of these people are not company shills who post whenever PF is in need of MTs. You apparently don't work their either, so you really don't know what is fact and what is fiction. No employer appreciates their employees going public with salaries, etc., that is a fact. Salary offers and benefit packages are supposed to be confidential between employer and employee, not blasted all over a public forum. I never said PF employees were not fortunate. I'm treated well by my employer too; that doesn't mean I am going to tell everyone, and I really do not care what you think of me.
To Skeptical- my .02 - Happy at PF Too
[ In Reply To ..]
It is true - no set schedule (no shift work, anyway) - I pick the 5 day work week (M-F) I want to work. That is what I call 'work when I want' - within a 24-hour period. We have minimums like the other poster said -1400 lines a day. There is PLENTY of work, though, so I try to work 6 hours and get whatever lines in that I can. I start early mornings and am usually done by 11 or 12. They do pay for travel expenses because you test again on-site. Then you have benefits class and meet some of the people in the office. You also train in person on their computer system. You actually use the computer they send to your home, so you can start loading macros and short-cuts on day #1. Triple-time Holidays - it is actually 'double lines' and 8 hours of Holiday pay...but it works out to triple time. A $400 day is pretty normal for me too on a Holiday - they do not limit your lines on a Holiday which is good too - as long as you do the minimum 1400. I try to work every Holiday that I can. Here is the catch - they do not follow the BOS. At all. Clipped phrases. Abbreviations. It was REALLY hard the first couple of weeks to get out of the 'verbatim' rut. You also have to organize the notes the way they want them. That was hard too. I still ask questions but my TL gets back to me pretty fast on answers so it does not disrupt my day. I love it here and have told many MTs I used to work with to apply. No guarantees - that test is AWFUL - but I got through it. Now I regularly type one of the "test" doctors. He is much easier now. The doctors I tested on are not 'tricks'. They actually work here. That kind of surprised me. I thought they just came up with a really hard test. Lucky for me they are all in different places and I only do 1-2 of them now. Hope this helps. It is hard work. I have to think about what I am transcribing now but to me it is worth it. I actually get to use my skills and I feel appreciated.
Helpful - Skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, that was helpful. When I read the other post it sounded as if everyone was allowed to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted; no calling in sick or just not work if you didn't feel like it. I do wonder if they have employees in all 50 states, that still seems like a big expense for them, especially for someone like me who lives (comparatively speaking) in Timbuktu, I don't think I'd be up and running on day one. All my employers have been sticklers for the BOS (I work in QC now) so that would also be difficult for me, I also think it might be hard to go back to more "traditional MT" if you ever did have to leave PF. Anyway, I'm glad it's a good fit for you; at least we know some people are still happy at work!

Training and interview in Richmond? - VeryTiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to apply with this company as I have 20+ years of experience, but is is absolutely necessary to interview in Richmond? Even if they paid my expenses, as a single parent there is no way I could leave home. Do they make any exceptions?

travel to Va - happy PF employee

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not sure. There is a phone interview first, but I don't know about the travel to Richmond interview. I think you test again on site, but I'm not sure about that either. If so, I would say that travel would be a requirement.

do they have a website? - sounds good

[ In Reply To ..]
how did you hear about the job? I can't find their website and don't see it on the job seekers board.

website - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Their website is called Patient First. The 2nd post states the job was posted on Career Builders.

Similar Messages:

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Patient First Transcription
Dec 02, 2013

Warning for MTs interested in Patient First Transcription.   Beware...  This is a very difficult company to work for.  First, the platform is extremely difficult as it is working in DOS.  Second, the management team is extremely critical and not employee friendly.  They do not give constructive feedback, again, very critical, even during training period.  Hours are in dispute constantly.   In short, really think about working on a DOS-based system (lines decrea ...

Patient First Transcription Pay
Jan 14, 2015

Can someone tell me an approximate pay for Patient First transcriptionist?  Are they paid hourly, production based and if so how much per line, etc.?  Thank you. ...

Patient First Transcription - Anyone Work For Them?
Oct 22, 2011

Anyone work for them?  I understand they have an unconventional way of wanting their transcription done and you have to use a C-phone.  Can you make a living?   Feel free to e-mail if you prefer.  Thanks...   ...

Patient First Transcription Out Of Virginia
Oct 27, 2013

I see Patient First is offering medical transcription jobs.  Does any work there presently or know anything about the company.  They are out of Virginia.   Thanks. ...

Patient First Transcription Getting Impatient
Jun 17, 2014

I was contacted by Patient First last week after I applied about a month ago by email stating she would love to talk to me.  I still haven't spoken to anyone. She hasn't called me yet.  Is this common for Patient First?  Has anyone else had this happen?  I read they are slow to get back.  I'm just getting impatient. ...

Patient First Transcription Straight Typing
Apr 24, 2014

I have been seeing posts about Patient First, but I have looked everywhere and have not seen an ad or link to their website to check to see if they are hiring....I am hoping to find a good company that does straight typing, and Patient First might be an option for me....thanks in advance. ...

Patient First Transcription - Any Recent Experience With This Company
Dec 14, 2011

Wondered if anyone has any recent experience with this company. Considering an offer but hesitant because of long delays in communication with HR. Thanks.     ...

Patient First Transcription - Finished The Application Process
Aug 29, 2013

Does anyone know how long it might take to hear back from Patient First regarding my application and typing test? I tested last week, haven't heard back and there is no way to follow up with anyone directly. When I log on to the career site, it just says that I have nothing further to do as I have already finished the application process. ...

Patient First Transcription Possible Hires Have To Travel To Virginia
Apr 16, 2014

I have read the archives regarding Patient First.  I am curious as to if all possible hires have to travel to Virginia. I understand it is company paid, however just curious if this is a standard requirement. ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Patient Name
Jun 03, 2010

If the client profile makes no mention of patient name (yes or no) being left in the report, account does not specify verbatim, is the ADHI/JCAHO directive to type the patient's name or replace with "the patient?"  Just checkin'.  Am paranoid about everything with the audits these days.  ...

Doc Says About Patient-
Sep 01, 2010

Man, I wish he was my doctor.  He seems to really care for his patients. ...

Patient Age
Jul 31, 2012

what is correct format when transcribing pt name:  16 1/2 years, 16.5 years, or sixteen and one-half years?  Thanks. ...

Patient Is A What?
Aug 05, 2012

I swear to all that is holy, this is what this less-than-stellar PA just dictated:   "The patient IS a high-risk gestational trophoblastic disease..."  I went back and listened thinking I must have heard wrong and she said patient HAS ... Nope.  She said IS.  This is the same PA who dictated a creatinine of 92 for someone.   That sound you hear is me hitting my head on the desk. ...

MS Patient
Sep 24, 2012

The sentence is: Relapsing-remitting MS with accumulated disability involving left hemiparesis, clincally stable on Tysabri and S/L JCE negative. I hear the negative part, not sure if he is saying JCE?  Thanks for any help! ...

Patient's Age
Sep 26, 2012

When given a young patient's age, one of my doctors will say "the patient is 9+11 years old."  I have never heard a patient's age dictated this way before and I'm just wondering if anyone else has.  ...

Patient First Pay
Feb 02, 2014

Has anyone worked for Patient First company? They have several urgent care clinics in eastern US. If so, may I ask your starting pay? Are they a good company to work for? Do they keep a FT position in plenty of work? Thanks ...

Patient First FYI
Jun 11, 2014

Just FYI....I applied to PF about 3-4 months ago. Took the transcription test, thought I did great, never heard a word. Today out of the blue, got a call that I had done great on testing and they would like to offer me a position.  I said thanks but no thanks since I'm no longer looking for a job. She told me that they are currently looking for lots of MTs due to opening several new facilities. Just thought I would pass this along to anyone who is interested in jumping on and taking ...

What's Going On At Patient First?
Feb 19, 2015

There are indeed a lot of jobs posted for support positions. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

Med Help. S/l Ma-tab-u-tol (patient With Migraines)
Oct 15, 2009

TIA:-) ...

Med, S/l Propaxadine. 81 Yo Patient. Thanks.
Feb 05, 2010

nm ...