A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT Week - nada - old mt

Posted: May 25, 2010

Cool  Well, not even an e-mail at our company..  So I did buy myself flowers which are sitting next to my computer - yellow roses and I plan on getting that latte this week.  I think we have to appreciate ourselves!!!  Lord I appreciate all the hard work I do to pay my bills.  The week has come and gone - let's see what happens next year.  We are great - let's face it to do this all these years we have to be great or crazy - or a little of both.  May be we need to spend more time patting ourselves on the backs - it is so much easier than expecting anything from anyone else.  Happy Post MT Week.....

MT week - nada2

[ In Reply To ..]
I did get an email, but no work most of the week. Would rather have had the work, lol. Yes, we are great and crazy!!

I gave my mt-week gift to my cat, then went on eBay - and got myself some really CUTE SHOES! ;D

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Grow Up! It's a JOB, for Pete's Sake! - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
Why not just do an excellent job of what you do and feel good about yourself. Where did this idea come from that you have to be praised. I think that must be something new. It sounds nice, warm, and cuddly, but it puts your success and happiness in someone else's hands. Unless they recognize your excellence, you feel bad. Just do the good job because that's what you do, and if someone notices or doesn't notice, fine. That doesn't change the fact that you did a good job. It's a matter of maturity, no matter how old you are. It's time to grow up in your career and take responsibility for your own self.

Thank you!! - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been skimming over all of those posts about MT week gifts or lack thereof and just cringing. You said it perfectly.

Ronald Reagan obviously thought - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
MTs should be praised and acknowledged for their hard work - see his proclamation below in a post.

That's fine, really, but I would rather be satisified when I know I do a good job - MTWeek is a nice but unnecessary token to me

[ In Reply To ..]
Just sayin', I'd rather feel satisfaction for doing a good job just because I know I did a good job. Nothing can beat that.

I've had some truly rotten non-MT jobs in my life, with bosses that were unreasonable and inappropriate. I worked in a couple of them for several years. I took comfort in the fact that I knew I was doing a quality job, even if the boss was psychotic. The boss even gave out little 'tokens' of his appreciation, before he went into screaming rages. Personally, I prefer my own knowledge that I did a good job, plus being paid, which is why I work. I did decide later that not being screamed at was also a priority with me. LOL.

I agree with you RLee - Cruel and senseless comments below

[ In Reply To ..]
Why don't we just eliminate MT week altogether if it carries such little importance proclaimed by a man who was demented and knew nothing about medical transcription? Why get on this board and complain about no token of appreciation or roach pins? You people make me tired! President Reagan understood the importance of our profession and wanted us to have respect and recognition for it. Now, with the political attitude here, suddenly this proclamation is null and void and meaningless. Then quit the griping and next year when MT week rolls around, do yourself a favor, IGNORE IT!!!!
The real truth - See message
[ In Reply To ..]
I won't dignify the rude comments about a person who served his country to the best of his ability, even though I didn't share his views very often.

However, here's how it happens. An organization, like AAMT in this case, sends a letter requesting a celebratory week be recognized nationally. The President's assistant comes in with hundreds of documents that have been looked over by his staff, they hold it out to him, he signs it, and it's done.

Did he ever give it more than one minute's time? Of course not. It's just an accepted thing for our presidents to do, and really no big deal. In my opinion it's neither good nor bad, just not important at all.

I totally agree! Thank you for saying it! - Women are so difficult to work with!

[ In Reply To ..]
It's constant cattiness and moodiness and needing pats on the back and validation. Men are so much easier to work with. They just go in and do the job and go home.

You are being rewarded for your work because you are being paid. It isn't volunteer time for a cause.

Children look for the "how am I doin, Ma?" nod.

women are more difficult - - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
just look at the MTSOs and how they have shaped this profession...

To Grow up! - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for articulating what many people think. There seems to be a generation out there who say "praise me, praise me! Reward me! Reward me! Gimme a toy, gimme a toy!" Honest grades can no longer be given in school because if somebody gives little Johnny a "D" (even though he deserves it), his poor little feelings might get hurt and he will get a trauma. Many of today's MT's need contant stroking. One might think that--what with the employment figures hovering at 10% in America--and with nearly 30 applicants for every MT job--that people would be grateful to have a job, to do it well, and to take pride in a job well done. Instead it is this constant round of "gimme, gimme, gimme." Let me tell you something: I get a "thank you" not only during MT week, but two times each month. It is called a paycheck. I can pay my mortage and support my family. What a great present! I agree with what you said, it is time for the whiners to GROW UP.

Excellent Message! - My take on this

[ In Reply To ..]
The paycheck and my own feeling that I've done a good job always seem to do it for me. I'm wondering if maybe what we're seeing is many 'misplaced' people who ended up in MT and shouldn't be.

I don't mean this to be sarcastic or rude. It just keeps becoming more obvious every day.

A few months ago someone was griping without stopping for a breath until someone asked about her skills. It turns out that she lost her job and wasn't eligible for any other jobs because she had very limited MT skills. So there are two ways to handle that. Give up or improve the skills. The third one of sitting around whining is getting so old and tiresome that it isn't getting the positive attention it once got on forums like this. Now it just looks like there's a misplaced person and we all hope that he/she finds appropriate work and will be happy--elsewhere.
What does your comment have to do with - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
MT week - may I ask. Hmmmm -

I disagree, why was then this "MT week" - huh?

[ In Reply To ..]
introduced?
To show a little appreciation to the MTs.

There are a lot of "days nd weeks," e.g. "Secretary Day" when the boss shows his secretary, nowadays called "Administrative Assistant," his appreciation with a less or more sized token.

Huh? - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
But all of these "appreciation weeks" are childish and professional.
Do Away With "Appreciation Week" - My paycheck is enough
[ In Reply To ..]
I knew years ago when I was a secretary that Secretary's Day was meaningless to me. All the other secretaries went to lunch with their bosses, but I very politely asked to be taken to lunch on any other day, but the only acknowledgment I wanted for my work was my paycheck. We laughed about it and he understood what I meant. I found it insulting, degrading, and a lot of other negative terms. It's fine with me for those who want to have their work recognized by a special day, but it didn't do it for me. Still doesn't.
Ugghhh. That's my pet peave. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I love it when my husband comes home and gives me a big hug after I've made him a nice dinner and tells me, "Thanks, hon, that was really good." That's appreciation. I especially like it when he says, "Lets go to the beach for the weekend to get away and relax" simply because he knows I've worked extra hard and I'm tired. That's appreciation.

I don't expect these things from my employer and the reason I don't is because I'm in a business relationship with them. I do them a service and they pay me for that service. If they were to say to me, "Thanks, MT, that was a really good report" and not pay me, I wouldn't be a bit too happy even though they'd be showing appreciation.

That being said...I don't need to be told that I'm doing a good job all the time, but it's nice to hear once in a while. But people really have to learn the difference between appreciation for a good job done and compensation in the form of a paycheck for the skills, time, experience, and effort to provide a service. They're not synonyms and do not have the same meaning. If you consider that appreciation, you've set the bar really low for yourself.

I wonder if these CEOs turn down their bonuses because they think their paycheck is appreciation enough. LOL
When I say my paycheck is enough, I include bonuses and incentive pay - Good work deserves good pay
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with your message.
To each his own, but flowers are nice, must not be lunch - why so shy?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Flowers are nice, but - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
a Ferrari would be better.
I'll buy my own cars and whatever else I really want - Just pay me for the work I do
[ In Reply To ..]
I like making my own decisions about what is important enough for me to buy. I'm not insulted by a card or trinket. I would probably go to a dinner, but at that point I would start thinking about what I could have done with that money if people were paid on the basis of the quality (and timeliness) of the work they do. My work is worth more than some others and probably a little less than others.
Allergic to flowers; not that interested in spending lunch with my boss; please send $ - Give me what I earn and forget the gifts
[ In Reply To ..]
This is business. We'll treat each other with respect and do what we've contracted to do. Sometimes one of us will go over and beyond because we are happy, giving, thoughtful people, but we never go back on our work agreement.

it's not new to expect someone to tell you when you've done good work - sm - sssdt

[ In Reply To ..]
It's quite frankly expected in all lines of work, in hobbies and in social situations, that every so often someone will tell you that you've done a good job with what you did. I'm honestly astonished that you would claim otherwise.

"Good Work!" is Earned - Not Something Said On Demand - Disagreew with you a little

[ In Reply To ..]
I love it when someone says I've done a good job, but that's not something I would demand. That paycheck means, 'Good Work!' to me. I have a job that many other people would love to have. That says it all. If it didn't, I would do something else.

NEVER would I put my self-worth in the hands of someone else and depend on them to validate me. That's my point. A nice comment is just that, nice.

We arent paid enough to take pride in MT. I only - do it for $, and sure dont get much. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

In that case, you probably do need a pat on the back - That makes sense

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you considered doing something else? If you aren't getting much, as you say, that sounds like a good reason to do something that you can take pride in.
Been looking for over 2 years. - Slim Pickins Out There
[ In Reply To ..]
X

To you aren't paid to take pride in MT - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure glad you don't work for our company. Have you ever considered that there may be a correlation between the fact that you only do it for the money and you don't get much?
Thats right - "blame it on the MT". - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I agree..however.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've known quite a few MTs who did a good, no a great, job and yet lost their jobs for that reason alone. They were in the highest paid rank and never had any problems for years. Then they started getting QA'd every couple of weeks and docked for things such as punctuation, changing "the" to "a" and such. These are things that made no difference in the report at all. Yet lost their jobs due to low QA scores for those reasons alone.

While we can be proud and do a great job in our minds, if the MTSO decides you need to go for whatever reason, usually $$, then you'll be gone as soon as they can create reasons for your termination.

Even though the gifts usually given out during the MT week aren't really very valuable trinkets, at least it's a gesture of appreciation. Is it necessary in order to do your job? I don't think so, but when you do your best it's nice to have a thank-you for the work you do.

Interesting theory - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
In most cases, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that it may not be true in all cases, employers know who does a good job and who doesn't. Let's take your MT who has done a good job for many years and all of a sudden loses their job. Something about that doesn't ring true. If we had the whole story, we might find out that the MT has really not been doing all that great a job for years but just thought it was great. Then the company decided to hire someone to improve the quality of work and the results spoke for themselves. That may or may not have been the case. I don't know. You really don't know either.

What you said is true though when you said, "While we an be proud and do a great job in our minds," I'm afraid that's what many MTs have been doing for years. I know that from seeing some of the work of experienced MTs that I really had thought were great, and they weren't. They just said they were and I believed them, until I saw their work.

Most of the time there are two sides to a story.

MT Week - Margaret

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no way out for companies. If they have 300 employees and spend $5 for a gift, that is a 1500.00 gift investment - just to be trashed on this board. If they put 10.00 in each gift, they have handed over 3000.00 - still to be trashed. I don't blame them for not giving gifts. It is a no-win situation - even if they gave 50.00 gifts and spent %15,000.00, it would not be substantial enough to make faithful and thankful employees. This is a job. There is not a plumber's week, assembly-line worker week, etc. My paycheck is proof that my company appreciates my work. Maybe if there was less complaining and bashing during the year, the MTSOs would be more likely to appreciate their employees and let them know with an email or card. Expecting more than that, especially in this economy, is just greed and ego. My 2 cents.

Margaret - Old MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
You are spot on! Too many of the newer MTs need constant validation. The validation comes with knowing you have done a good job. Whatever happened to the concept of giving an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. You sound like the mature, well-centered MT I would like to know. I wish that there were more of you instead of those folks who are always casting about for trinkets and validation. (Gimme goldfish! Gimme shoes! Gimme, gimme, gimme.....) What a work ethic..... or lack of it.

Reality bites - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
No matter how old we get, we all appreciate being appreciated. With maturity, our reactions to being snubbed should mature to reflect our age and wisdom, but it does not mean that we do not want to be validated, no matter what our age.

I still say that companies who did not even take the time to send a "happy MT week" email, should expect lower IC/employee cooperation in return. It's just the way that it is. You stroke me and I stroke you. We are not robots.
I completely agree with you. It is not that we - omg
[ In Reply To ..]
lookj for "validation," but for "appreciation," even for being still looked upon as a "human," not as a machine.

Aren't older people the ones that need most appreciation and attention?

I am thinking of my parents!
Response - Alice
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think the age matters, but I am over 55 and still expect/require some acknowledgment from clients or employers, with common respect and appreciation as a human being (not a machine). They receive the same from me. But, if they treat me with disrespect, they must not expect that I will go out of my way to exceed my basic commitment to them. If they want me to understand something with regards to their business, then it is up to them to explain it to me; don't expect me to read their minds.

I am not in the charity business with regards to MT work.
your 2 posts are contradictory. On what side are you on? - huh?
[ In Reply To ..]
You made the first comment "Reality bites" as an MT, the second "Response" as an employer.

???????
Nope - Alice
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand your confusion. I'm responding totally as an IC. If the company wants me to understand something about their business, it is up to them to explain it to me.
I see, two different Alices here - Alice
[ In Reply To ..]
The Huh response posted at 10:53 a.m. above was not posted by me.
I so disagree with you that we work less or do poorer work if not sent a "Happy MT" week e - Different priorities than mine
[ In Reply To ..]
So you aren't going to cooperate as much or do your work as well because you didn't get a "Happy MT Week" e-mail. Oh my!

You say, "We are not robots" and "You stroke me and I stroke you." We aren't talking about Pavlov's dogs here.

We work. We get paid. Some of us do exceptional work and are paid exceptionally well. Some of us want to make sure we don't do one more thing we don't have to do, and we get paid appropriately for that attitude too.

Our country used to have good work ethics, even though times were rough. It's really rare to see a person with good work habits and ethics in the times we live in today. I'm sad about that.
You totally misunderstood and misconstrued my message... - Alice
[ In Reply To ..]
I never said anything about doing a poorer job, but if they treat me like a robot, they will get only what the robot is programmed to do and no more.
You're right. That will teach them! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, that was sarcasm.

I don't even need to a Happy MT Weed email but - Flossie

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't want the garbage they send out, the trinket trash. I want a decent paycheck. As far as being appreciative of the money the companies do or do not spend for MT week, keep your garbage which just gets tossed as it is, if from Transcend, nothing but junk, keep your emails - just show me the jobs.

MT Weed? - Old hippie

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, now that would a horse of a different color! :)-

haha, was this a typo or on purpose? - omg - lol

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
hehe, love it; give me some. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'd love to get some MT weed! Too funny! nm - Scoobie Doobie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Would certainly put smile on employee's faces. - Jinny Hendrix
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'm against MT Week but I understand why employers have to recognize it - Nobody wins with MT Week

[ In Reply To ..]
The employers have to recognize it, knowing full well any words or gifts from them will be appreciated by some and sneered at or rejected by others.

Let me back up a minute and say that maybe it is important to some MTs, if that's the only praise they get in their life. In that case it would be a big deal, and I don't want to make light of it for their sake, even though I get my emotional pat on the back from knowing that I did a good job, and that's enough for me. It's a personal thing. We're all so different, aren't we?!

I"d rather have a fair wage for what I do every day, than - all the trinkets in China once a year.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Last thought - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I say to those who are disregarded and/or abused by clients and/or employers, and continue to love it, then wonderful for you. The only reason that abusive relationships continue is because they can. It really is a waste of my time to post any messages on this board protesting such practices, as there are obviously so many workers out there who enjoy the status quo.

However, if I were an MTSO owner or administrator, I would have sent a "Happy MT Week" email to all. As a matter of fact, I did send an email to all my fellow workers whose email addresses were available to me.

These are my opinions, and you certainly do not have to agree. I choose my fate, I choose whether to work in this dying field for another couple years, if it lasts that long.

I'm not wasting my time posting any more messages on this board, though, because, after all, I think there are way too many enablers on this board who have enabled this industry to go down the tubes by being dedicated participants and allowing themselves to be treated badly by MTSOs and lousy dictating clinicians who have no manners at all. So be it.

You may be being abused, as you put it because of your attitude - Just sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
Not everyone is being abused.

If I were, I would leave that environment.

If I'm not being abused, I will stay as long as I enjoy my job and try to be the very best at what I do. Rewards follow. They always have.

Abuse - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Abuse
You mean, if I change MY attitude, the pay rate and work volume will increase and the dictators will stop coughing and burping into the microphone?

When I referred to abuse, I was referring to the collective abuse that many MTs complain about on this board; however, apparently, they represent the minority.

As for myself, I have been in MT abusive relationships with several MTSOs. Some of those encounters were totally unbelievable and lasted less than a day, as I chose a speedy exit once I found out the reality of the situation. I must say that the recruiters painted a much prettier work environment than what reality revealed.

I'm fairly happy where I am now, though minor abuses do continue regarding work volume, pay rates, and rude dictating clinicians.

Enough said. As I promised before, my comments here have reached an end.
Alice - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are so "abused" by MTSOs, why do you stay in MT? That doesn't sound so healthy.
I so agree that people need to find a job they respect, enjoy, and do well - Common Sense
[ In Reply To ..]
Why would anyone abuse themselves by staying in a career where they aren't doing well. I've done that in the past and it really doesn't make sense. Life is short. Find work you enjoy doing and then do a good job of it and feel good about yourself. I realize that it isn't easy, but if you truly are miserable and are making everyone else around you miserable, including anonymous people on forums, etc., it's really time to do something about it. What about retail sales?
Nothing makes a person happier on the job than the fear of - losing that job
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I've experienced getting to the point where I hated my job. Then after I started thinking about my options, my job started looking much better. LOL.
Once again, - Alice
[ In Reply To ..]
My comments on abuse were related to the group, the abuse that some MTs in this industry are collectively experiencing.

As for myself, I will be fully retired from MT work within two years and, yes, moving on to other careers, which may include retail sales, or maybe I'll try trash collecting for a while. Or, maybe I'll write a book about my experiences as an MT, and a nurse before that, sharing my observations regarding the brainwashing of the public with regards to traditional healthcare.

Thank you for your concern.

Scratching away for 10-12 hrs a day for pennies, - with pay cuts & no raises, IS abuse.

[ In Reply To ..]
n/msg

Do any of you remember your boss on Boss' Day? - silly "holidays" to me

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I hadn't thought about that. - Uh Oh!

[ In Reply To ..]
No, I never have.

My "boss" is just a faceless e-mail to me. - Just like all his MTs are to him.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

I Have Sent My Resumes To 10 Different Companies And Hear Back Nothing, Nada . . . . .
Apr 13, 2010

I have been doing MT for almost 15 years, and the one company I have been with for the past 9 years is suddenly getting less and less work.  I have been sending out resumes, taking the tests, etc., and I don't hear ONE THING BACK from any of them  . . . . so frustrating.  We are in the process of buying a new house and then this happens - I may have to take a job outside of home, but I wan't to be here for my kids:( ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

When Is MT Week?
May 06, 2010

Thanks. ...

MT Week -- Huh?
May 17, 2010

I've never heard of National MT Week.  Been doing MT for 10 years for the same MTSO.  Never came on to MT Stars until about the last six months.  Obviously, I have never gotten anything for MT Week, so at least some of you are lucky that you do get a little something, whatever it might be.  My MT job just keeps getting better and better (NOT) with pay decreases and work lost to VR.  ...

Pay Week Help
Jan 19, 2011

I am kind of lost in the pay dates for the next pay day on Friday.  Could someone tell me what days we are getting paid for?  I though it was for 2 weeks starting on the 1st and ending on a Sat.  Is that the way they do it now?  Thanks guys! ...

Pay Once A Week
May 05, 2011

Who is the company that pays every week? It was just on the job's seekers board, but now I cannot find it.  Any info would be helpful. I would love to get paid every week.   Thanks ...

NJA Every Day Last Week
Sep 04, 2011

I'm trying to finish out my notice and will have to force myself to turn on that stupid computer in the a.m.  May not be finishing out because I am not going to be strapped down waiting for piddly crap to come my way every 45 minutes. I just keep wondering what the patients would say if they knew their records were going to India just to save a few bucks.  I'd love for some news media to pick it up and ask that very question. ...

Oh Boy Another Week Of
Feb 13, 2012

ASRopoly.  ASR:  pyelogram, grams dictated:  5 mg Just one of 1200 mistakes to be edited in a 2-minute report.  Words added, words left out, wrong words, almost right words, wrong gender, wrong verb tense, no punctuation, punctuation everywhere . . . . . . . ...

NJA Second Day This Week
Jun 07, 2012

I have NJA again. Getting tired of this. ...

3rd Week Of 97% - So Now What Happens?
Nov 12, 2012

Are they going to fire me? And is it true that they can remotely go into my computer to see if I'm working or not? See what websites I've been at? ...

Week Or Two Or Week Or 2?
Feb 20, 2013

I should know this one, but don't come across it all that often.  According to Book of Style, is it "notify me in a week or two" or "notify me in a week or 2"? Thank for your input everyone. ...

SAT - FRI Pay Week
Sep 06, 2013

What kind of company does this?  Oh wait, never mind, I know.  ...

Had A New TSM For One Week
Nov 06, 2013

and now she has vanished into the great MM black hole.  Farewell! ...

MT Week Is Almost Here!!
Apr 15, 2014

and.... "Similar to 2013, our MT Week theme this year is Quality and all HDS/SHDA employees will be able to participate in fun and educational activities highlighting the importance of quality." ...

Pay Week
Dec 19, 2014

Has our work week been changed to Saturday through Friday or is it still Sunday through Saturday. ...

How Often Do You Get 99-100% For The Week
Mar 31, 2015

I have only gotten the higher pay a handfull of times.  I was wondering how often others did.  I hate it that I am usually getting 100% all week and then last minute, when they are supposed to be done auditing for the week, they find an error to push me off the grid. ...

MT Week
May 15, 2015

I really think the easiest way to send MModal a message would be if everyone, and I mean everyone, just did not participate.  I think that would be the loudest message of all that we do not give a flying cr** about their "games" anymore. You want to appreciate me, treat me like the skilled, knowledgable, MT that I used to be paid a living a fair wage for.  Bring back a real incentive, bring back shift differentials, give back an actual end-of year bonus, etc. ...

Starting The Week Off In A Bad Way...
Nov 02, 2009

Two drugs under med list:  s/l peruvian falsa and locaine 1%... ...

What A Horrible Day, Or Should I Say Week Or 2.
Mar 23, 2010

OMG, what a horrible time I'm having.  This pay I'm not even averaging my minimum.  All around the country again.  What happened to lock down?  I thought I sent 2 reports to QA but forgot to mark the QA box.  Not my fault for the blanks but according to what I've been told, if we just can't understand the dictator, we have to send it to QA.  MOST of the work I send to QA they can't get either, but its counted against us anyway.  W ...

Audit - I Probably Will Be Gone This Week
Apr 27, 2010

I have been put on a written audit and received 92%.  So I am being given 1 more week.  Which means I am more than likely out of here. I did not not have any Major marks, but only a lot of minor - i.e., two liters versus 2L, grams versus g.  I should just quit and go work at the big lots, less stress more money   ...

MT Week Gift
May 24, 2010

Just received my MT gift.  I really think that Medquist must feel "It is the thought that counts".  It probably cost them more to mail these then they are worth.  Why don't they just give us an extra hour off with training pay - worth more to me than this mousepad.  I need an ergonomic mouse pad anyway - did they ever think of giving their "beloved" employees one of those?  Oh well.  Just another day being an MT. ...

Got My MT Week Gift
May 14, 2010

Thoughtful and practical - a welcome surprise!  I presume this is implied permission to install it on the company computer? ...

MT Week? Are They Blowing Us Off?
May 17, 2010

I would SWEAR this is MT week! Why is there no mention about it on MQ Central or in email? Anybody have any insight? ...

Happy MT Week Everyone May 17-23
May 17, 2010

nn ...

MT Week And MTSO's
May 19, 2010

The little "trinkets" some of you have received is extremely comical and a so-called slap in the face to some, but some may view it as an actual good gesture, although I do not agree. When I worked at neurology they used to always acknowledge MT week with flowers or a $25 gift card to our local mall, but when they got a new office manager he combined Secretary's Week and MT Week into one. My coworker and I got acknowledged one year on Secretary's Week - now that is a slap in the face ...