A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystbrokes Paycut--I believe a change was made - KSMTR

Posted: Feb 15, 2011

I could have sworn I saw in the KS newsletter a few months ago that they purchased Hudson/Chartnet. I'd say that's a MAJOR change!

Keystrokes paycut - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I love how we find out we are getting a paycut at the last minute.

My husband lost his job with a piece of paper in his paycheck. nm - Tiredtoo

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

and I just started a month ago! - ncMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I swear, it's always something.

paycut - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
This is frustrating on many levels. First, those of us who are training on VR through MModal, we have lost major lines from our line counts adding up at the end of the pay period. Now on top of that, a pay cut. I am just sick to my stomach as I really like my job. I dont know what to do ?!?! I know people say be thankful you have a job, but are our creditors going to understand when we have to say to them that they get less monthly because we get less monthly? Dont think so!
I thought that weren't switching to VR pay right away? nm - did I miss something?
[ In Reply To ..]
nn
paycut - frustrated
[ In Reply To ..]
No, we arent switching to that payscale yet. But I know since we started VR training, I have lost 2000 to 3000 lines per pay period because no template pay anymore. I am feeling the hurt already and havent even switched over to the new payscale. On top of that, they have already reduced what we would have gotten paid to a percentage off of that for VR. This paycut feels like salt being poured in the wound for me :(

We find out in typical KS style...... - not good at all

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It's better than being laid off - KSMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
In my opinion, this pay cut is very minor compared to what several other companies are doing, which is laying people off. Yes, it is kind of short notice, but I can live with this pay cut. It's not huge (only half a cent for me) and I'm just thankful to have a great account and work for a great company. There are so many people out there who don't even have a job right now.

I agree..and don't mind the pay cut (sm) - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
However, KS needs to give their employees enough work so this pay cut won't make such a difference. In the past six months there are only four pay periods that I got over 12,000 lines. The last two pay periods were seriously below 10,000 lines. I can't live on what I make now. I have two accounts and still can't get 12,000 lines per pay period. If I could get between 12-14,000 lines every pay period, then yes, I can live with this pay cut. This pay cut is going to kill me if I only get 8000 lines every pay period because of the low work on my accounts. I would get more money if I DID get laid off and collected unemployment! Just sayin, that's all. I am grateful for my job, but definitely need enough work to get my 12,000 lines per pay period.

And yes, I have talked to people in the office about this several times and there just seems to be nothing else available for another backup account. But that's the point..we shouldn't have to have more than two accounts to make our line counts.

Email the owner at the email on yesterday's announcement. She just answered me. sm - KSMT3

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the same situation. She emailed me back and said that they set up that email so that everything is in one place, and that they can make changes once they have all the responses. They want everyone to have enough work, and are willing to do what they have to.
Thank you...I will definitely do that (sm) - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I know the owner is a reasonable person and truly cares about the company and the MTs they have. So I will definitely give it a shot and send an e-mail. Thanks.
I took advantage of the opportunity to communicate with owner. - Irish
[ In Reply To ..]
I had always heard very good things about the owner of Keystrokes but never had any expereince. However, when I was presented with this opportunity I did contact her directly.

Business is hard today with ever increasing administratve costs, utlities , litigation etc. I also know providers are cutting expenses because Medicare and private insurances have not increased their reimbursments. Several memebers of my family are in business and it is not a picnic. It is hard to satisfy so many people, espeically when everyone is not always forthcoming. I am not sure everyone in middle management is always honest or fair.

I am not exactly sure what wil happen---I hope some improvements.

However, I do admire Lea for having the courage and compassion to at least try. I feel better just having been able to express my feelings.

Thank you Lea!

Better than being laid off...I totally agree - Another KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was upset when I found out about the paycut but, after the initial shock/sadness, I realized it is better than alternative. I could have been let go, and today I am ecstatic that I still have a job.

There are many variables-I guess this is a matter of perspective - Maybe they should take a poll

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe some people would prefer the layoff, which would allow them to collect unemployment and the freedom to look for other jobs.

You have that freedom without them having to lay you off. sm - Glad to be with KS

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone can switch jobs. I took a much larger pay cut with another large company a few years ago, before the recession actually hit. Then I was laid off by another company because of lost accounts. I happy to be with Keystrokes for the last few years and if there are bumps along the way, they are never major and they always fix them. I am proud to be part of an all U.S.A. company and make good money, so I prefer the small cut to the crap shoot of finding another company.
Very well said! - Happy KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree 100%! I would MUCH rather take this small pay cut than get laid off and be left unemployed. I have been with Keystrokes for a little over 4 years now and I'm not going anywhere! They really do care about their employees and want everyone to be happy. Of course, every job is going to have a few bumps in the road, but we can get past them. The economy is bad right now and I really do believe that this was the last thing that KS wanted to have to do, but it was something that was necessary in order to get us through this and am grateful to still be employed when so many others are getting laid off or taking much larger pay cuts. This cut is really not going to impact me that much at all. I still make great money there since I am lucky enough to have such a busy, high production account. I'm happy to be with KS!
KSMT's post sounds too much like words from a "suit." - Just sayin!
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Sorry - not a suit at all - Happy KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Go ahead and think what you want, but I am not a "suit" by any means. I, unlike so many other people, am just happy to even have a job during these tough times. A lot of people are struggling. Why can't someone ever be happy with their job and like the company they work for without being accused of being a "suit" or management???
Like you'd admit it if you were.... - Too funny
[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

That all depends... - not true for everyone

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're on an account that doesn't offer enough lines or if VR has cut your line count coupled with the rate cut, it's actually not better than being laid off. It all depends on the situation.

Pay Cut does not apply to leads if I understand correctly - Good, bad, and ugly!

[ In Reply To ..]
So they are rewarded for ignoring us? I have asked for samples numerous times on difficult accounts and have never received even one. Most of my emails about anything go unanswered.

I understand the necessity of cutting expenses--however I do not think good behavior should be punished and bad behavior should be rewarded.

I could handle the pay cut IF I could get work!! - tiredfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Did You Ever Change Jobs And Realize You Made A Mistake?
Apr 13, 2011

I recently left a company after four years because the grass seemed greener elsewhere, has anyone ever done this and then realized right away it was a huge mistake?  I feel guilty after the company has trained me and worked with me for almost two weeks but I am so miserable, any suggestions or advice of what to do? ...

I Made A Total Of $19,000 For 2011. Would Anyone Mind Sharing What They Made For The Year. I Am Ju
Jan 27, 2012

hopeful ...

WMX Paycut
Apr 28, 2011

does anyone know if you can file for unemployment in this situation? ...

Paycut
Jul 11, 2011

Would someone please explain what the new paycut is?  All this discussion but no one is saying exactly what they are cutting our pay for.  I haven't gotten the email either and I am in the north region.  ...

Possible 3 Cent A Line Paycut But WHOA I Get AHDI And
Mar 02, 2010

After sleeping on this.  I am so mad that my hands are shaking.  I have WONDERFUL reference material of my own - printed, online and software.  What are they GIVING me?  So to those of us who have a certain client who is KNOWN for poor audio CONSTANTLY, popping, hissing, squealing, fading in and out -- not to mention the over abundance of ESL dictators who not only cannot speak English but eat, yawn and whistle while they are dictating -- we have been told for all ...

Webmedx,nuance Paycut On OLD VR PROGRAM Not Fair!
Dec 01, 2011

I have gone over my pay records over the past couple of years or so and my salary correspondence from this company with a qualified unemployment case worker. When I recently told her that now it appears they (wmx,nuance) are going to even cut my pay more the option I  have is to quit and then file an appeal. If the company were to try and fight me on ALL the cuts I have received in the near past I have everything to show the case worker to get the highest benefits ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Can See Now How Some MTs Have It Made. Sm
Apr 10, 2010

Well, I don't know if the pool our area was sent because of NJA is affecting that regions MTs, but I for one want to say thank you God for sending me some absolutely marvelous, clear and concise easy dictation!!!! Yes Virginia, there is an Easter bunny... (oh, I believe that is Santa Claus). Now I can see why some MTs on here never complain. All MT work, no ASR so far. I am in heaven. Too bad it won't last long, even though my regular primary was not that bad, I just never re ...

Someone Made
Oct 13, 2012

comment about only unions being able to organize a strike.  That just leaves everybody else powerless and without resource?  No. Leave, call in sick, take all day to do one report, send jobs through without editing, walk off, stop work.  Plan ahead for you next job, and that's a smart thing to do, obviously.  In the meantime, walk off anyways. Massive oppression requires massive action. Being ignored requires we do something loud to be heard. They have already hit us ...

To: I Made It Out.
Dec 12, 2014

Talk about kismet. I just happened to pop in for a minute and saw your post. I copied it and emailed it to myself. I then took your advice and did a search in my city. I have about 8 great-sounding possibilities to explore this weekend. Thank you so much. ...

ASR Lets Get Some Changes Made!
Mar 12, 2010

I just really want to encourage all of you to make note of things ASR is doing wrong and sending the info in either to support@ or to your CCM.  I have been sending things in and actually getting some changes made here and there.  If we all did it maybe we could help ourselves out at least a little bit. I'm talking about things like you have been correcting text forever and ASR still is not getting it, like on docs who say the same exact same thing every time and it still comes o ...

I Made A Mistake
May 18, 2010

I just got called by "the boss" about a mistake I made yesterday.  I feel horrible.  I am glad they called.  It was a good heads up for me.  They down played it but still I am feeling upset.  I know it will pass but it's made for a tough morning.  Kinda shakes my confidence.  Thanks for listening. ...

No $ To Be Made As An MT Anymore
Sep 03, 2010

Just thinking out load, so please bear with me.  I took the summer off to evaluate how I feel about restarting back to work into the MT field.  I have many bitter-sweet feelings.  Over 24 years ago I started in the MT industry and have done this working out of my home.  I have raised my kids basically alone working a job that I absolutely thrived and loved doing.  Now, it doesn't even pay us minimum wage for our Years of knowlege and skill sets we ha ...

Is This A Made-up Word?
Sep 22, 2010

I'm doing a hot nodes dissection, and the doc is using a word that sounds like MODERIFY.  Here's the sentence: Dr. Patterson performed specimen ____| QA MARKER: 358 |____ count, and this demonstrated the biopsy clip in the mass to be squarely centered within the biopsy specimen.   "The radiologist performed specimen _______ count, and this demonstrated the biopsy clip in the mass to be squarely centered within the biopsy specimen."   By the way, he has a delightful ...

Apparently I Am 100% ASR Now. I Made
Dec 07, 2010

$30 less today than when it has been mixed straight and ASR typing and it has been the longest day of my life.  I have eaten more, got up more.  I cannot sit still.  If this is supposed to be "easier" on us than typing, they are full of hooey.  ...

If You Don't Mind Me Asking What Is The Most And Least That You've Made?
Jan 12, 2011

I've worked at a hospital doing transcription and getting an hourly wage, and I've also done transcription at home.  At-home was not a good experience for me.  I about went bankrupt, but the good thing is that I have more experience now.  I'm trying to decide whether to go back to a hospital and get an hourly pay or work from home again...  Thanks for any input!  I appreciate it!  ...

New Word To Me Or Something Doc Made Up?
Feb 12, 2011

This may need further evaluation of the gastric outlet tract by endoscopic assisted s/l "contrast-a-tee". ...

Already Depressed And The Q Just Made My Day. NOT
Jul 11, 2011

I cannot take much more.  Those of you who don't have any compassion or feel the need to ever vent and just unload once in a while may stop reading now. I'm not writing to be bashed, stomped on, mashed, or otherwise abused and used more than the Q already does.  I catch this crap from them every day, I don't need to hear it from fellow MTs. We are all in this same rocking, sinking, Titanic together.  To make a very long story short here's the abbreviated vers ...

Best Made Up ASR Heading I Have Seen
May 05, 2013

Dictated problem list: Transcribed problem ...

Well, I Made About $25 Today
Aug 26, 2013

This is working for an MTSO who only hires full-time employees, but yet again NJA most of the day today. We do not have to punch a time clock, but is this really legal? This company may "route" you jobs at any time of day and they require you to be "available" from 7 AM to 5 PM, whether there is work or not. If the work is routed to you though, you best be there (available) to do the work or else you get the nasty grams from the owner. Again, IS THIS LEGAL? ...

What If We Made A Stand From Our Own
Dec 29, 2013

And made a pact to F-11 every report that had say 5 ASR errors? Ha ha I can dream can't I? Never get everyone on board, but that would drive home our point. ...

I Only Made A 92. I Am So Disappointed!!!
Mar 13, 2014

I guess.  Good luck everyone!! ...

Made Me Smile
Mar 16, 2014

I was looking at a website about home transcription. A stock photo showed a woman sitting at her laptop.  I guess to make the point she worked from home, two young girls was standing at her shoulder looking at her laptop screen.  It just made me laugh, thinking about all the assurances of our eyes only on medical information we have to make.   ...

I Made A Big Mistake
Nov 25, 2014

I'm trying to get my old job back. ...

I've Made Up My Mind.
Dec 04, 2014

Eight years ago, I started school for medical transcription. I had grand dreams of being able to have a well-paying career while still staying home with my kids. After all, based on my husband's pay we could not afford for me to stay at home without bringing in an income and preferred to not have to pay for daycare for our 2 (now 3) kids. Now here I am, with my head in my hands, making exactly the same as I did when I landed my first MT job. This is the only profession I know of where you ...

Changes Made To ASR Not Saving
Mar 01, 2015

Aside from erasing the ASR text and typing the entire report myself, how can I know that the system is saving my changes? I am absolutely certain that changes I made are not being saved, and thus showing up as errors on QA reports. Some of which I am absolutely 100% certain I corrected the text, but alas the corrections are not saving. So, once again, I am completely off the grid. Perhaps I should do a Control-J on enterprise to check the text? Should I do Control-S to save and then do contro ...

You Made Me Like This Nuance
Apr 11, 2015

When I am about to send a report and it has just one blank over the allowed, I will attempt a trick I call "close it in" where I will try and find two blanks close to each other, blank out everything in between (so long as it's less than one line) and turn those 2 blanks into 1 blank, thus preventing me from having to send to QC.  Now, I will only do this if I feel I am coming close to my more than 10% submission.  If I'm not, of course I won't do this.  But I am NO ...

Someone Below Made The Statement To End All Statements
Jan 20, 2010

Do you agree with this?  'A reality check for you would be to see your job for what it is. You are a typist, transcriptionist or what used to be known as a STENO POOL worker.' And:  'It's not that difficult a job to learn to do.' Or do you see yourself as a skilled professional called on to make life and death decisions of your own when typing medical records (ex:  Did the mumbling ESL dictator mean '4 mg' of nitroglycerin as dictated and spa ...

Question Regarding Changes Made To ADT Screen
Jun 16, 2010

Okay, so they accused me of changing the dictators name on the ADT screen to an incorrect name... which I might add once again, I did not do.  I document every change I make and the only thing I changed was the WT... to the correct WT I might add because it had  been entered incorrectly!  If, in fact, I had changed the dictator's name, however, would it not have shown up on the ADT portion of the report when I went back into DocQmanage and checked&nbs ...

I Finally Had To Do It: I Made A Shortcut Key For
Dec 29, 2010

the phrase, " it was not covered by insurance", which is dictated constantly. What a sad state of American healthcare.   I'm sure the doctors are just as sick of insurance non-coverage of medical treatments as the poor patients are! ...