A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

changes made to ASR not saving - rock bottom

Posted: Mar 01, 2015

Aside from erasing the ASR text and typing the entire report myself, how can I know that the system is saving my changes?

I am absolutely certain that changes I made are not being saved, and thus showing up as errors on QA reports. Some of which I am absolutely 100% certain I corrected the text, but alas the corrections are not saving.

So, once again, I am completely off the grid.

Perhaps I should do a Control-J on enterprise to check the text? Should I do Control-S to save and then do control-J?

Any ideas, because I am absolutely 100% certain I corrected the ASR errors and they are NOT saving.

I have been waiting a bit for the autosave to kick in, but I'm seeing changes that I absolutely know I made and were not saved.

Any suggestions are welcome.

How about sending report to temp and sign out? sm - Hope this helps

[ In Reply To ..]
Then, you can look at the report in temp to see if it saved correctly. Obviously, you would not want to do that with a stat report. Maybe check a few reports at different points in your shift.

I've had this happen to me on occasion, and do believe it had something to do with ASR, but was never sure.

Could be something with your ShortHand or other word expander, too.

I am on Enterprise, too, and have been running out of work on a regular basis during my shift. This is ridiculous.

I strongly suggest you do a manual save before upload (sm) - nunya

[ In Reply To ..]
I know for sure that sometimes our edits are not being saved. My wake up call on this was an ESL dictator using a word that totally surprised me. It was an English word that even American doctors rarely use which is why I remembered it. ASR put something different and I changed it. Sure enough, got a major error on it, but no way to prove I actually had corrected it.

I now run a spell check and then do the save, then upload. It doesn't add but a few seconds to signing off each report, but could earn you quite a bit change come payday.

absolutely proved it - not saving - rock bottom

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course, the e-mail I sent to IT will go completely unanswered or I will get back something that says it cannot be so.

All I'm hoping you can tell me is what I can do to be sure. Saving in temporary takes forever and I'd be at MUP.

Here's what I did that didn't work: I ran spellcheck, saw something needed changing. Got out of spellcheck, changed it. Went and did spellcheck again, but did not send.

Did CLT-J to see if the change I made actually took. It did NOT. The wrong word was still there.

Went back, did spellcheck again to try to get it to save. Did not send. Did CTL-J and still the change I made was not there.

Finally, on the third try of doing spellcheck and checking by CLT-J to see if the change showed up as changed in the backup report, the change was indeed there.

I am not trusting spellcheck to save changes as I just proved to myself it is not saving changes I made. The only way I know to see if it really saved is to do CTL-J.

How do I do a manual save? CTL-ALT-J did not backup or save the report.

What other way is there to do a manual save? Pleeese. This last not saving cost me plenty and there have been others I am absolutely absolutely sure I made the correction that did not save.

Similar Messages:

I Made A Total Of $19,000 For 2011. Would Anyone Mind Sharing What They Made For The Year. I Am Ju
Jan 27, 2012

hopeful ...

VR Not Saving My Edting Changes. Using Editscripts. Sm
Jan 30, 2010

I am using Editscripts. Some of the changes I make the system does accept, but some it doesn't. How do I fix that? Even when spell checking I get some kind of message that says that it has skipped some that are protected (something like that). Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Saving Autocorrect Entries
Jan 19, 2011

I sure hope there is someone out there who can help me.  I work in MS Word 2002.  I am trying to save all of my hundreds of autocorrect, autotext, etc entries onto a CD so in case something happens to my computer I would have all of these.  I have been on the internet to find out how to do this and everything I find is long and complicated.  Does anyone know a SIMPLE way to do this?  Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Saving Files In MS Word...please Help.
Jul 08, 2012

I am trying to test for a company but I need to save the files from the email that was sent to me in an MS Word folder to my desktop and i need to take the test  in word.  I have Vista on my computer.  I have the MS office directory but not sure exactly how to do this.  Does anyone know how I can save these filles this so I can take the test.  I do not think I will get a response from the email for steps on how to do this as today is Sunday.  Thank you soo ...

ASR Not Saving Problem Found By IT
Mar 02, 2015

To those following. It turns out on windows last update, it snuck some add-on in that was possibly interfering with saving changes to my reports. When IT took that add-on off, the system started saving my changes correctly again. Because I am very certain the 'error' that I got a 3.0 CPSE for I did change but the change did not save, I am thinking of bringing this up with my TSM. They want us to update windows for security reasons, and so I do. I did not know that windows can sneak i ...

Part Time And Saving For Retirement
Dec 17, 2009

I'm thinking of going part time at my job so I can do something else on the side.  However, I won't be able to have a 401K or PTO.  I get medical and dental benefits through my husband's work, so that doesn't matter.  For any part timers out there, what do you do to save for retirement?  ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

Saving/printing A Copy Of AutoCorrects?
Aug 07, 2012

Does anyone know how to copy your AutoCorrects (I have Word 2010) into a list form that can be put in a document and emailed? I am clue.less. on this.  Any help appreciated! ...

ChartNet And Saving Unfinished Reports
Mar 21, 2013

I am new to ChartNet.  I am not finished with a report... and want to shut down my computer and then finish the report in the morning.  But when I try to exit ChartNet it says to delete it or finish it... what do I do.... I want to go to bed, lol.... ...

Daylight Saving Time Question...what Do You Do? TSM Not Much Help. SM
Nov 01, 2014

I am 8 pm to 4 am EST.  Since we fall back tonight, do I stay on until 4 am even though we gain an hour?  or would the 8 hours be up at 3 am  TSM just said work until 8 hours is achieved, but that doesn't tell me what time.  Thanks! ...

QA Inbox After Midnight/spellcheck Not Saving
Feb 28, 2015

Hello, Well at 12:08 a.m. on 02/28, I had 99.03%. At noon on 02/28, somehow another QA audit showed up in my inbox. The reason why I distinctly remember this report is because 1) it was one of the last reports I did on 02/26 (notice it took 2 days to get to my inbox), and I laughed hysterically at what ASR put before I changed it during spellcheck (yes I did not catch it until spellcheck). However, I changed it during spellcheck, and lo and behold it never saved. This particular spellcheck no ...

Prevent Accidentally Saving Over Template
May 10, 2015

I have tried to train my brain to use Save As to prevent saving over my templates but I still save over them all too often.  I am using Instant Text but still don't have shortcuts for a lot of my doctors in there yet.  Any advice is much appreciated. ...

Saving Shorthand File To Flash Drive
May 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to save my shorthand file to a flash drive?  Thanks. ...

Looking For "Saving Keystrokes" To Buy
Jun 12, 2012

Good condition only please!   ...

I Can See Now How Some MTs Have It Made. Sm
Apr 10, 2010

Well, I don't know if the pool our area was sent because of NJA is affecting that regions MTs, but I for one want to say thank you God for sending me some absolutely marvelous, clear and concise easy dictation!!!! Yes Virginia, there is an Easter bunny... (oh, I believe that is Santa Claus). Now I can see why some MTs on here never complain. All MT work, no ASR so far. I am in heaven. Too bad it won't last long, even though my regular primary was not that bad, I just never re ...

Someone Made
Oct 13, 2012

comment about only unions being able to organize a strike.  That just leaves everybody else powerless and without resource?  No. Leave, call in sick, take all day to do one report, send jobs through without editing, walk off, stop work.  Plan ahead for you next job, and that's a smart thing to do, obviously.  In the meantime, walk off anyways. Massive oppression requires massive action. Being ignored requires we do something loud to be heard. They have already hit us ...

To: I Made It Out.
Dec 12, 2014

Talk about kismet. I just happened to pop in for a minute and saw your post. I copied it and emailed it to myself. I then took your advice and did a search in my city. I have about 8 great-sounding possibilities to explore this weekend. Thank you so much. ...

ASR Lets Get Some Changes Made!
Mar 12, 2010

I just really want to encourage all of you to make note of things ASR is doing wrong and sending the info in either to support@ or to your CCM.  I have been sending things in and actually getting some changes made here and there.  If we all did it maybe we could help ourselves out at least a little bit. I'm talking about things like you have been correcting text forever and ASR still is not getting it, like on docs who say the same exact same thing every time and it still comes o ...

I Made A Mistake
May 18, 2010

I just got called by "the boss" about a mistake I made yesterday.  I feel horrible.  I am glad they called.  It was a good heads up for me.  They down played it but still I am feeling upset.  I know it will pass but it's made for a tough morning.  Kinda shakes my confidence.  Thanks for listening. ...

No $ To Be Made As An MT Anymore
Sep 03, 2010

Just thinking out load, so please bear with me.  I took the summer off to evaluate how I feel about restarting back to work into the MT field.  I have many bitter-sweet feelings.  Over 24 years ago I started in the MT industry and have done this working out of my home.  I have raised my kids basically alone working a job that I absolutely thrived and loved doing.  Now, it doesn't even pay us minimum wage for our Years of knowlege and skill sets we ha ...

Is This A Made-up Word?
Sep 22, 2010

I'm doing a hot nodes dissection, and the doc is using a word that sounds like MODERIFY.  Here's the sentence: Dr. Patterson performed specimen ____| QA MARKER: 358 |____ count, and this demonstrated the biopsy clip in the mass to be squarely centered within the biopsy specimen.   "The radiologist performed specimen _______ count, and this demonstrated the biopsy clip in the mass to be squarely centered within the biopsy specimen."   By the way, he has a delightful ...

Apparently I Am 100% ASR Now. I Made
Dec 07, 2010

$30 less today than when it has been mixed straight and ASR typing and it has been the longest day of my life.  I have eaten more, got up more.  I cannot sit still.  If this is supposed to be "easier" on us than typing, they are full of hooey.  ...

If You Don't Mind Me Asking What Is The Most And Least That You've Made?
Jan 12, 2011

I've worked at a hospital doing transcription and getting an hourly wage, and I've also done transcription at home.  At-home was not a good experience for me.  I about went bankrupt, but the good thing is that I have more experience now.  I'm trying to decide whether to go back to a hospital and get an hourly pay or work from home again...  Thanks for any input!  I appreciate it!  ...

New Word To Me Or Something Doc Made Up?
Feb 12, 2011

This may need further evaluation of the gastric outlet tract by endoscopic assisted s/l "contrast-a-tee". ...

Already Depressed And The Q Just Made My Day. NOT
Jul 11, 2011

I cannot take much more.  Those of you who don't have any compassion or feel the need to ever vent and just unload once in a while may stop reading now. I'm not writing to be bashed, stomped on, mashed, or otherwise abused and used more than the Q already does.  I catch this crap from them every day, I don't need to hear it from fellow MTs. We are all in this same rocking, sinking, Titanic together.  To make a very long story short here's the abbreviated vers ...

Best Made Up ASR Heading I Have Seen
May 05, 2013

Dictated problem list: Transcribed problem ...

Well, I Made About $25 Today
Aug 26, 2013

This is working for an MTSO who only hires full-time employees, but yet again NJA most of the day today. We do not have to punch a time clock, but is this really legal? This company may "route" you jobs at any time of day and they require you to be "available" from 7 AM to 5 PM, whether there is work or not. If the work is routed to you though, you best be there (available) to do the work or else you get the nasty grams from the owner. Again, IS THIS LEGAL? ...

What If We Made A Stand From Our Own
Dec 29, 2013

And made a pact to F-11 every report that had say 5 ASR errors? Ha ha I can dream can't I? Never get everyone on board, but that would drive home our point. ...

I Only Made A 92. I Am So Disappointed!!!
Mar 13, 2014

I guess.  Good luck everyone!! ...

Made Me Smile
Mar 16, 2014

I was looking at a website about home transcription. A stock photo showed a woman sitting at her laptop.  I guess to make the point she worked from home, two young girls was standing at her shoulder looking at her laptop screen.  It just made me laugh, thinking about all the assurances of our eyes only on medical information we have to make.   ...