A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

IMEDx 2 days carry over holiday pay - Bee

Posted: Nov 14, 2014

My friend says that DH of IMEDx a few weeks ago said that they can carry over 40 hours of holiday/sick/get a life pay to 2015. THEN, IMEDx today announces, 6 weeks before year's end, that only 2 days can roll over, and those must be used by end of March 2015.

My question is this:  I highly doubt any Labor Board would allow them to do this 6 weeks before year's end. We all roll 4 to 6 days over, if we can get them, so that we have a shot at a good summer vacation. Now, it will be harder. Am I missing something here? This is not major on the list of gripes, but really? IMEDx management does this as everyone is putting in bonus time, unsecure as hell about future, holidays coming up, etc? What horrible timing. I must be on Mars. Give me a thumbs up here if you think IMEDx management can ROLL IT UP THERE !!!*!!!?!###

Carry over - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
From what I read, it is not holiday, it is vacation and PTO. I think sometime just after the first of the new year we will be wishing that this were the only thing that was changing. I believe that as we quickly approach the one year "merger" anniversary that there will be more changes that will hit us all much harder than this. I would love to be wrong about this, but we will probably start hearing about a reduction in the line compensation rate and bonus will probably be a thing of the past, they'll just expect you to put the time in without anything more than the regular line rate. They'll probably also get rid of the shift differential. If I had time that I needed to use, I would put in for it now, because that is what everybody is going to do and the early bird gets the worm. If they cannot accommodate all the requests to use that time up, they may have to change that policy, but expect that it will stick for the next year. Just prepare yourself for more changes.

This is how I feel - as well.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm thinking timeframes are being adjusted way more to their liking and things are being done that are not MT-friendly. With them pushing the use-up of vacation time, I feel they are really putting the squeeze on the ones who are responsible for coverage - the supes. I understand this is a business and they can do what they want, but I have a feeling the other shoe (pay rate/bonuses) is dropping right after 1/1 or after the holidays at least. It really is too bad. TT was a good solid company that treated its employees well.

feel same - TTmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope things don't change the way everyone is predicting... in spite of the fact that things have been changing. I've always liked working for TT & hoping that part doesn't change. If 2015 is the year of huge change, then we don't have much longer to wait.
This is how I feel - as well.
[ In Reply To ..]
Me too. Have loved my time at TT. Love all my supervisors/leads, love the immediate management, loved how they left us alone to work, quick response from tech, and the best QA around. I still LOVE my actual job, my accounts, how it is interesting and new every day, how I feel like I am always learning, instant gratification with cleaning up and producing a quality product from scratch or a hot mess with VR, feeling like I control my own results/pay/schedule. It sort of epitomizes the whole profession. If (and hopefully not when) this tanks for me (like you said - in the VERY near future if 2015 is the date) with pay cut and/or doing away with bonuses, I will be done. It was the last of the good left in the business. Not worth it to me to chase after bad. If only the medical professionals knew that they could have us without the middleman and for so much cheaper, I think they would very much appreciate us, unlike the companies we NOW work for.

IMEDx - Grandy

[ In Reply To ..]
As soon as they took over Alpha, they cut everyone's pay and though they claimed only Americans could work on these VA accounts, the people who had been on these accounts suddenly had very little work, and the easy work was not available very often....sound familiar? Some people had their pay cut by up to 80+%. The people on those VA accounts, though, are IC. When I talked to a VA HIM director, she told me that this work was being done by a "stand alone" American company being used as a front by IMedx. I asked her why people were being directed by TLs with IMedx in their signature line, which she was not aware of. IMedx seem to be a significantly shady company, which unfortunately the federal government has chosen to do VA work and pay them with the tax dollars American transcriptionists cannot make because they are always being screwed over.

JMO but with what is happening now it - looks pretty sure to me

[ In Reply To ..]
they will be switching us to the new time-clock system they just set up - their email said "available in the near future". And no telling what other upsetting things they have up their sleeves. I don't think D has a lot of say anymore, but I'm pretty sure if not for her we wouldn't be able to carry over ANY days off...... it's getting scary out here!!

imedx/alpha - bugger

[ In Reply To ..]
the week or so before many of us Alpha MTs were let go due to lack of work, things started changing....we had to clock in and out even as an IC and according to the definition of an IC companies cannot "control" us...they will rid themselves of ICs and hold onto employees so they can. If you look at the ads out there, most are employee status with daily line count minimums and hours you work....control. Unfortunately the ones offering IC status are doing the same thing and IRS/DOL will not like that. Be careful.... The changes are coming and coming on quick...

What is the new time clock system? - In the dark here.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

its part of the new payroll system - they just switched us to

[ In Reply To ..]
It clearly said in the intro that the new time clock function would be available soon

I don't remember - a new time clock method. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it was a different line count method. Probably just was hearing what I wanted to hear though. All the changes are completely unprofessional on their part. No employee should have to train and train and then retrain on different systems just to be able to look at their paycheck or see what vacation hours we have left. Totally unorganized and chaotic. Ive had 87 passwords and logins it seems like with this company. Email is a disaster. Mandatory vacation, yet no days available? Mandatory virus scan that crashes everyone's computer? An 80% pay cut? They would have to pay partial unemployment to all employees. All MHO, obviously.
80 percent pay cut?? - news to me
[ In Reply To ..]
First I have heard of this. Where is this info coming from? Concerned.
same here - me
[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't heard anything about 80% pay cut either. I surely hope that's not true. I took almost 50% pay cut to have this job in the first place... needed to work from home. Love the job, but an 80% pay cut would be impossible to handle. I have other irons in the fire, so would hope they'd be good enough if necessary.
I wish people would stop making things up. - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
No one is making up anything. - Some of us have done this before.
[ In Reply To ..]

This isn't my first or even second buyout - and everything that has happened so far... from the payroll changes to the PTO and being forced to use it all before the end of the year... it's all happened to me before anyway, and yes, the next step will be to get rid of the employee status.  

The good news is, if they do that and you lose a good portion or all of your income in the upcoming weeks and months - march straight to unemployment and file a claim.  The only way you wouldn't qualify for a claim is if you quit a job without good cause or because you were fired for not doing your job or something criminal, etc.  It's the same laws for us as it is for people who work in an office out of the home.  

I might add that now is the time to start keeping track of everything.  Copy and paste emails that you think you might need to file a complaint... keep track of your jobs and line counts/minutes too.  If iMedX is being this sneaky and underhanded, they will have no problem locking you out of email the second you're gone - and you will have nothing to back up your claims.  

Don't let these companies continue doing this!  Hit them where it hurts.  For anyone hanging on until the ball drops, and it will, then file for unemployment until you can find another job.  The smart thing, however, would be to find another job now.  This isn't TTMS anymore.  Any loyalty you had for this company should be forgotten.  They didn't remember you when they sold you like slaves.  

This isn't my first or even second buyout - and everything that has happened so far... from the payroll changes to the PTO and being forced to use it all before the end of the year... it's all happened to me before anyway, and yes, the next step will be to get rid of the employee status.  

The good news is, if they do that and you lose a good portion or all of your income in the upcoming weeks and months - march straight to unemployment and file a claim.  The only way you wouldn't qualify for a claim is if you quit a job without good cause or because you were fired for not doing your job or something criminal, etc.  It's the same laws for us as it is for people who work in a normal office environment. 

I might add that now is the time to start keeping track of everything.  Copy and paste emails into Word that you think you might need to file a complaint... keep track of your jobs and line counts/minutes too.  If iMedX is being this sneaky and underhanded, they will have no problem locking you out of email the second you're gone - and you will have nothing to back up your claims.  

Don't let these companies continue doing this!  For anyone hanging on until the ball drops, and it will, then file for unemployment until you can find another job.  Hit them where it hurts.  The smart thing, however, would be to find another job now.  This isn't TTMS anymore.  Any loyalty you had for this company should be forgotten.  They didn't remember you when they sold us like slaves.  iMedX bought us for our accounts without any regard to the employees and TTMS sold us for the almight buck too.  I hold no loyalty to TTMS anymore.

making things up?? - frustrated mt
[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing is being made up. My pay has been cut about 75% as an IC after Imedx bought out our company. Initially the cut our pay, then they changed how they counted our lines, now half of the work never shows up because it is sent offshore.
Read "Grandy's" post above. - I think that is what is being referred to. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

ImedX/TransTech Holiday 2015
Dec 10, 2014

Has anyone heard anything about choosing holidays for 2015 with ImedX/TransTech?  Last year I remember getting the initial emails in October, but this year haven't seen or heard a thing...Seems kinda fishy... ...

What Is Up With IMedx These Days?
Jun 14, 2015

Do they still have the hiring freeze?  Do they have any work available? Are they still losing accounts? Haven't seen anything about them in a while and very curious about them.  I got out of the field altogether but a friend wants a PT job.  She worked for one of the buyout companies years ago.   ...

Anyone Else Slow These Days At IMEDX/TT?
Jan 14, 2015

If so, what shift?  It has really only been this week, and I DO realize MT is feast or famine.  Just wondering. ...

How Many Hrs Of PTO Can We Carry Over?
Jun 28, 2011

? ...

Can't We Carry Over 40 Hours PTO?
Dec 10, 2012

We just got an e-mail from our TSM that we HAVE to use all our PTO by 01/05/2013.  Now granted, we are a recent buy-out and our TSM is learning all the new polices and procedures, but she specifically states in her e-mail that she was told to relay this to us.  I checked the polices and procedures that I printed a few months ago and it states we can carry 40 hours over.  Would love an answer from someone who has been in the trenches longer than a few months with MModal.  Than ...

Can We Carry Over PTO Into Next Year?
Dec 17, 2012

I have only a few hours but will use it if I'm going to lose it. ...

Does Anyone Carry Errors And Omissions Insurance?
Dec 02, 2009

Does anyone carry Errors and Omissions Insurance?  If so, what is the ballpark cost of a yearly premium?  Thanks. ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

Our Hospital Is Not Licensed To Carry S/l "famoxone" As We Are Not A Detox Center
Jan 21, 2011

xx ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Does Anyone Know For Sure About Holiday Pay?
Apr 04, 2010

higher line rate, but I can not find anything about either holidays or line rate on MQ Central.  I assumed Easter would be considered a holiday. ...

Holiday Pay?
Dec 31, 2010

Is either today or tomorrow's work paid at holiday pay rate?  Anyone know?  Thanks in advance for any responses and Happy New Year to everyone. ...

Does DSG Have Holiday Pay?
Jun 03, 2011

Just wondering....Does DSG provide holiday pay in addition to vacation PTO? ...

16 CPL Holiday Pay?
Nov 23, 2011

Which companies pay this rate for holiday lines? Mine only pays 0.13. Thanks, Reader ...

Holiday Pay...sm
Dec 30, 2011

Here's the deal...my company says if/when you work a holiday, they will give you the equivalent hours in PTO to use later on (you work 8, you get 8 PTO).  I checked with my state's DOL, and they said absolutely incorrect. You must be an exempt salaried employee for them to do this. They must pay regular employees cash money. The DOL also said that unless the company is a licensed health care facility in my state, which they are not--they only contract with ...

MM Holiday Pay?
Jun 08, 2012

15 PTOs full time per year. Do we get Memorial Day or any holidays on top of that? If I look hard enough I could probably see it in all the paperwork, but it is Friday and I am lazy. Thank you very much! ...

How Many Of You Who Had NJA Over The Holiday
Sep 03, 2013

weekend claimed "release from work without pay" on Remedy? I did. ...

Do We Get Holiday Pay For
Nov 11, 2013

x ...

Holiday Pay -
May 26, 2014

I generally work every holiday, and most of the time the work is rather low, but today it has been rather brisk.  Thinking that I might actually make a decent wage today, I was trying to remember how our holiday pay was set up or if Memorial Day was counted as one of their "holdidays."  After searching my own files as well as ENRICH I finally found it:  It is.  We get the enormous increase of.... wait for it....  25%!  Wow.  So, for editing that's just ar ...

So Much For Holiday Pay
Jul 04, 2014

So here I am, on a holiday, OOW on all my accounts.  So much for that so-called holiday pay.  ...

Holiday Pay
Nov 26, 2014

Do we get holiday pay for working Thanksgiving?  If so, how much more?  I've only been with the couple a few months.  ...

MT Holiday
Dec 23, 2014

"Alot of companies had their Christmas Parties last night, only the employees could not make it because their company is in India" Jay Leno........ Bah ...

Is Columbus Day A Holiday
Oct 12, 2009

Is Columbus Day a holiday at MQ - do we get paid time and a half today? ...

Isn't There A Holiday Pay Differential?
Nov 26, 2009

. ...

Holiday Pay Differential
Nov 27, 2009

Last holiday (Labor Day) I was paid a differential.  It is usually time and a half so going by your base you will see an additional line on your paystub of holiday lines:  ex.  if your base rate is 0.08 you will see holiday pay 0.1200 x 1000 lines.  As far as I know, we have not received any notification that we do not get holiday pay.  ...

Father's Day Holiday Pay???
Jul 10, 2010

I swear Father's Day was on the holiday list, but there was no holiday pay on my check. Am I just going crazy? ...

Requesting Off For A Holiday..Can Someone Tell Me
Mar 28, 2010

me where to find the holiday request off rule --not more than 60 days or something like that.  I cant find it on MQ Central.  If you know the rule or how to find it on MQ Central that would be great!! ...

If You Don't Have PTO?  Does That Mean You Have To Work The Holiday?
May 28, 2010

Hi.  My CCM sent out an email saying that work loads were going to be low because of the holiday and that we could take PTO for Monday if we wanted.  My question is what if you don't have PTO?  Does that mean you have to work the holiday or can you still request it off and just not get paid for it?  I would ask CCM but she said she would be very busy and wouldn't be able to keep up with emails. Thanks ...

Holiday Pay On Monday, 07/05/10
Jul 26, 2010

I have always gotten paid time-and-a-half for holiday pay on the Fourth of July, which is one of Medquist's holidays (or so it is listed as and always has been), and was told by CCM we would be paid time-and-a-half for that Monday's work done since even though it wasn't the fourth, it is when it is nationally celebrated.  However, on today's paycheck I did not get any holiday pay at all!!!  I went back several years to check and I always got paid this way for w ...

And Of Course The Hospitals Know It Is A Holiday. Sm
Apr 21, 2011

An the NJA games begin.....   South NJA.  Any other regions NJA?  How can we get other work if there is NJA everywhere?  ...