A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

For the MTSOs who read this board - sm

Posted: Feb 18, 2012

I am curious about something.  I see the ads you all post here and then I see all the posts on the Job Wanted board. 

Why wouldn't you offer your positions to those MTs who take the time and initiative to post on the Job Wanted board? 

I just don't understand why you would want the daunting task of filtering through hundreds of replies which you surely get when you advertise when you have a page full of eager MTs?

I think their problem is those posts on the Job Wanted - board are Americans. They want Indians, instead.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

TO ALL MTSOs - Please Read And Think About This.
Apr 14, 2010

Let me introduce myself.  I am a full time MT with 25 years experience in this business, averaging typing 2000 lines per day, audit scores 98% and above, who willingly works OT when requested, and I have never taken a sick day.  I consider my job a serious employment commitment. I am the bread-winner in my family.  I don't say this to indicate I make the most money.  This means I PAY THE BILLS.  You know, mortgage, car payments, insurance, light bill, food on the ta ...

So The MTSOs Come Here And Read???
Aug 08, 2013

After more than 25 years in this business, I am getting the heck out!  I don't mind working hard.  I do very well on audits.  I am reliable.  I have made more than $40,000 a year until now, and did not even have to work 8 hours to do it.  I have worked over-time when needed.  I have loved doing this - until now. What this profession has turned into is a crying shame,  competitiveness, greed, and pettiness.  Are MT schools actually still taking p ...

Open Letter To MTSOs. Please Read.
Aug 04, 2014

Yes, I've been doing this a long time, but please don't think it's fair to hire me and stick me in the cesspool of horrible dictators and expect me to meet the same requirements as the newbies you hire for easy accounts. Same pay, same percentage to send to QA. It's not fair. I'm on a very large account and I get the same handful of horrible dictators every day, that cannot be understood. Either pay me more than the newbies or give me a mix of hard and easy!!! I' ...

WEBMEDX Line Counting Could Affect ALL MTSOs,a Must Read
Aug 19, 2010

http://www.executivehm.com/article/Transcription-in-the-21st-century/ This article (above link)  has quotes from present COO of Wedmedx who is President of MTIA and used to be former Spheris boss.  This article explains how the MTSOs want our lines counted.  It explains how they want to take away all keystrokes that cannot be seen by the naked eye.  Won't this effectively save the hospitals and MTSOs from paying MTs for up to 1/3 of the keystrokes w ...

New MTs Board -- ALL READ
Oct 25, 2009

This particular board, the New MTs board, is devoted to assisting the newcomers to this profession.  It is here as a help, an assistance, a way to advise and mentor newbies.  It is NOT a place to slam, discourage, handslap or pick fights between newbies and experienced MTs.  We are not going to have an ongoing war or scuffles between the experienced MTs and the newbies or vice versa in regard to who should or should not be in this industry, who does a better job, who knows more, ...

Everyone On This Board Needs To Read This
Mar 11, 2014

found the below link on google. seems MM-India (known as Cbay-India) employees are not very happy. same paycuts, cheating out of lines, no respect, management is the same as here; ect. make sure you read full reviews. on some they have a "read more." you will need to click on that to get full review. http//www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/cbay-systems-india-pvt-ltd-reviews-925593882 ...

How Many MTSOs Have Reps Posting On This Board?
May 26, 2012

Yes - I was born at night, but not LAST night. ...

MTSOs That Offshore Posting On Job Board? Why!
Sep 20, 2012

I thought that MTStars.com touted itself as the kind of site that would not aid companies who offshore work - yet they allow Assistmed to post on their job board for management positions?  I know first hand that Assistmed offshores to India.  Disappointed to see this taking hold on here. ...

Go To VR Board For A A Good ASR Read....
Dec 22, 2009

xx ...

Wow, Just Read This On The MModal Board
Sep 15, 2012

From the post "The plans of MModal in India" "Speaking on the company’s India plans, Dinesh Kumar, Managing Director, India for M*Modal said, “During the company’s growth this past decade, India has remained central to delivering high value clinical documentation services to our U.S.-based customers. As M*Modal's business continues its pivot to embracing technology advances as a natural evolution of its service offerings, we anticipate significant in ...

READ M*MODAL BOARD.
Apr 04, 2014

Another is inviting us to email her/him as well with specific information.  They advise to first set up an anonymous email account.  They are contacting lawyers and Erin B.  There are 2 separate threads on the M*Modal tab.  They want help from every MT out there. ...

WARNING: All Posters On New MTs Board Read!
Feb 23, 2011

When individuals are interested in becoming an MT, asking about where to get their training, etc., answer their question(s).  SEE THE NOTE AT THE TOP OF THIS BOARD. Do not try to discourage them from the profession.  They have as much right to pursue it as anyone else. The purpose of the New MTs board is to help and support and assist those who are wanting to go into the MT field, those who are currently studying or just completed studies.  These individuals can read and determ ...

If You Don't Like Complaining Posts On This Board, Don't Read Them.
Jan 23, 2012

An MT posting a complaint on this board is one of the reasons it is here!!!  If you don't like them, move on.  You do not have to read them, and you certainly do not have to respond. While I do not agree with personal attacks on a board or anywhere else on individuals, complaining about pay, workload, or company practices should not be considered complaining, but very useful information, maybe not to all, but probably to some. You work for a company who does not pay?  Name ...

Please Go To Main Board. Read Post RE EMR. NM.
Aug 11, 2014

XX ...

Have Any Of You Nice People Read Anything On This Board?
Aug 29, 2014

These things you are asking about? This is Nuance. Adapt or die trying, those are your choices. Sorry, wish I could be more encouraging.   ...

Anyone Know How To Read The Replies That Slide Off The Right Edge Of The Board
Sep 15, 2010

Anyone know how to read the replies that slide off the right edge of the board?  I can see that there are more posts below, but I cannot grab it to open it. Am I the only one who has this problem?  Is it my computer?   What I mean is when there are replies to replies to replies to replies to replies, eventually the staggered replies move off the right side of my screen and I cannot click on them.   Thought maybe someone else has this problem and found a way to get around i ...

ALL POSTERS ON NEW MTs BOARD READ
Dec 01, 2009

This specific board is for support of new MTs. Experienced MTs - If you want to slam, be ugly, hateful, etc., to new MTs, go somewhere else.  New MTs - same goes for you. In other words, stop the experienced-vs-new MT wars.  Moderator ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

Why Do MTSOs Pay So Little Now?
Aug 31, 2011

Just a few years ago I was making 50K plus doing the same exact thing I am now getting paid 10-12 dollars an hour for.    Does anybody know the real reason for this dramatic change?  the details? ...

Hey, MTSOs
Dec 20, 2011

When will you MTSOs wise up and realize that pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of account specs for nitpicky docs SLOW DOWN YOUR MTs?  If you had any sense, you would use standardized headings in all reports and then turn that into a positive by telling prospective clients that it expedites turnaround of their reports.  That is *exactly* what I did back when I owned my company, and it worked!&n ...

Hey, MTSOs...
May 25, 2012

If you want experienced qualified MTs who have been doing this for years and years & can do any WT, any accent, any specialty, adapt to any software quickly.... quit requiring them to include a weekend day.  Save those for part-timers or newbies.  The experienced "oldies" have done their graveyard and weekend time.  There are actually some companies who "get" that.  If you're wondering why you can't find good experienced MTs, maybe that's why... ...

Any MTSOs Out There?
May 26, 2013

Hello! I'm a small MTSO who had lost some clients due to EMR.  I'm not yet ready to give up as of yet because I love this profession very much being in the MT business for the past 11 years.  I have heard stories about more and more doctors getting frustrated with EMR and would still want to dictate parts of the medical reports but somehow needed the transcribed dictation interfaced with their own EMR system.  I'm very interested to learn how this is done so I can o ...

Any MTSOs That Do NOT Use QA To
Mar 31, 2014

Honestly, I hate change but I am ready to jump. I don't ask too much, just to know if I get audited by QA the intent is not to take money off me. From what I can see, both the two big 2 - Nuance and MModal - use QA punitively financially, and while I have no objection to QA, when it is used to pick off MT pay I find that reprehensible and not an incentive to work your heart out, if you get what I mean. If anyone cares to share their company's policies, especially if they don't ...

Are There Any MTSOs Out There
Sep 05, 2014

on an employee status?  Would love to get out of the big N, but I don't want to be an IC at my age. ...

MTSOs: Would You Please Tell Us When There Is No
Feb 09, 2015

That would make things much easier for us to plan ahead the rest of our shift;  whether to sit there and wait for work, or if we only will be working part of a shift and the work runs out,  or if we can sign out and do other things in our personal life that need to be done.  I can't see that it's that big a problem or inconvenience for you to simply send an email to all on the account, or instant message, or whatever.  You do it when you're begging for he ...

Do You Think MTSOs Are Using VR Instead Of Offshoring?
Oct 20, 2009

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that the VR came about as an answer to the problem of offshoring.  I am sure many clients prefer to keep their dictation/transcription right here in the USA and request that from the companies they use.  Maybe we should not be so adverse to it, as it could be the only means of keeping the work here affordably. ...

Question For MTSOs
Nov 12, 2009

How do you handle using subcontractors (IC's) and still be HIPAA and HITECH compliant?  I guess what I'm getting at is after I did some reading on IRS rules for employee versus IC, it sounds almost impossible to have IC and be HIPAA/HITECH compliant. One says I have to provide training/education on HIPAA, yet the other ones says I can't provide training/education otherwise they are an "employee."  One says I can't dictate how the work station is set up, etc., but t ...

How Do MTSOs Get Away With Hiring Only ICs.
Dec 17, 2009

Is this just a scam so that employers don't have to pay benefits and employer taxes?  I bet if there was an audit, most ICs and MTSOs would be in trouble for using that classification improperly, especially for the full-time positions. I even applied for a full-time secretarial job in a small law office recently, and was told I would be hired as a contractor with no benefits.  I was stunned and declined.  I need to check with the labor department to see if some of my concern ...

Radiololgy MTSOs
Mar 09, 2010

I have finally been offered 2 jobs after working for a company that required experienced MTs but only pays 24,000 a year - that's right, I am eligible for poverty-level discounts on my utilities while working fulltime as a seasoned MT, making the highest line count on my account. So, I wonder how I can ask:  How much money can I expect to make?  I want to make 40 grand a year at least.  ...