A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone work for (or worked for)PRN Transcription Service out of Ohio? I see they have an ad s/m - speedyfingerz

Posted: Oct 25, 2009

on the Job Board and am wondering if anyone has or does work for them and how they are to work for?  What platform do they use?  Is is difficult to learn or get your lines in?  I see they are looking for IC status and 8 to 10 cents per line.  Do they want a set schedule?  any info would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

Yes, been there, done that...(sm) - ExPRN

[ In Reply To ..]
Check the archives. Easy platform, but if you want to copy/paste for future reference, the program makes it impossible to do so. Nice people, decent pay. Again, check the archive; use the Search function. IC, you are self-employed and you set your schedule.

does the PRN platform have a built-in expander or do you have to purchase your own. Also, s/m - speedyfingerz

[ In Reply To ..]
if you cannot copy/paste into another program (say, MS Word), how can you verify your line counts? Are you about to run a count on individual documents within their platform or are you at the mercy of a production log or some other list that just gives the total lines for a specific document/day? Do you mind saying why you left? (If not publicly, email works too.)

P.R.N. - DannyBoy

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't do it.

why not? Can you be more helpful, plz? - speedyfingerz

[ In Reply To ..]
x

GREAT COMPANY - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
Dont let the program scare you..Once you get used to it and build up your spellcheck...its a wonderful program. The company is very stable. The pay is good. They start you out at 8 cpl, but I see they pay up to 10 depending on the account. They leave you alone to do your work, never bother you.. Pay is ALWAYS on time.. and paid one week after you bill. And it is every other Friday you get paid.

when you say "you bill" for your lines, does this mean you send an invoice? sm - speedyfingerz

[ In Reply To ..]
According to another post, you cannot cut/paste a report into another program in order to run a line count. Can/do you use your own line-counting software or are you just submitting the number of lines you did based on whatever the program tells you you did? Are they paying for headers/footers? (Are there headers and footers in the reports?)

10 cpl is the incentive pay, not depending on account. - As for the program--sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Wonderful is certainly not word I'd use to describe platform! Anyone working there should know 10 cpl is for 15K+ lines/2 wks. No mention of 10 cpl on ANY account other than if you reach incentive, which is impossible on platform (unless work 24/7). Yes, pay on time and have work but hard to get more than 150 lph on their platform and expect carpal tunnel to flare from awkward key command combos. Not worth it, IMHO, but YMMV.

PRN - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for prn for a short time. Great people!!!! But, you cannot copy/paste anything. Also, they have a spell checker, but it isn't like the Stedman's where you are given options to correct the spelling.

I found with their software, no copy/paste (for expansions, normals, templates), and lack of a real spellcheck, that I couldn't make money there. It was too bad, the people were great and there was a lot of work and good dictators, but you are almost straight typing. They do have an expander built in, but I had my own that I used.

It they changed their platform to allow cut/paste and used Stedman's spellcheck, it would have been a great fit for me!

Hope that helps. E-mail me if you have questions.

Similar Messages:

Prn Transcription Out Of Ohio
May 06, 2012

Anyone work for prn Transcription out of Ohio? How is the workload? Straight transcription, VR, or both? ...

Prn Transcription Ohio
Dec 03, 2014

Anyone else out there working for prn out of ohio?  If so, how is your work load and what do you think of the recent changes?  I've been with them for a very long time and have worked 24/7/365 for them.  I'm just frustrated as the work has disappeared yet within the last two months they posted for job positions and apparently have overhired.   Might as well be doing factory work.  Would at least know how much I was goiing to make and be able to live on some ki ...

P.r.n. Transcription In Ohio
Dec 16, 2014

To p.r.n. MT posting last week -  Has anything changed for you?  More/less work? ...

Chase Transcription In Hudson, Ohio
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know if Chase Transcription in Hudson, Ohio is a good company to work for ? ...

Please Do Not Apply To Chase Transcription In Ohio
Sep 19, 2012

Here is a list of companies who will test you and call you, interview you and offer you a job, and then nothing, leave you hanging and never call you. Transcription Doctors and Breitner will even have you fax your paperwork and then leave you hanging. CHASE TRANSCRIPTION IN OHIO TRANSCRIPTION DOCTORS SUPERIOR GLOBAL SYSTEMS IN TEXAS BREITNER TRANSCRIPTION Please do not apply to the above companies. They are no good. They are liars and users. Shame on them. I hope they get w ...

WBG Transcription Service...Anyone Know Anything About Them?
Jan 21, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company? ...

DTS Transcription Service
Mar 03, 2010

I was sent a link to test for this company and was absolutely floored!  I did the application form portion of the test and then was directed to the screening process, which was a series of multiple choice and fill in the blank questions (10 minutes it took to complete).  After completing that I thought I would be directed to the transcription portion of the test, but no - I was directed to another series of multiple choice and fill in the blank questions totalling about 30 mi ...

Ace Transcription Service
Apr 12, 2010

Has anyone had any experience with Ace Transction out of Dallas, Texas.  There ad states work own hours from home.  ...

Transcription Service
May 22, 2015

Does anyone know of a fair paying transcription service hiring now?  I find myself going from one company to another working so many hours for so little pay.  Unfortunate we have moved so far away from treating transcriptionists with respect and giving them dignity when we slave over these reports and get less than minimum wage sometimes. ...

Best On-Line Transcription Service
Oct 20, 2009

I have worked for Spheris and MedQuist in the past (5 years ago).  Do these companies still provide computers to their new hires. What else is out there now. Any new or better companies to transcribe for  ...

STAT Transcription Service
Mar 24, 2010

Anyone ever heard of them?  I did an archive search and couldn't find anything.  Thanks in advance! ...

Integrity Transcription Service
Oct 20, 2010

Any info on Integrity Transcription Services.  ...

Transcription Technology And Service
Jun 06, 2011

Is this a legit company? ...

Metro Transcription Service
Jul 18, 2013

Has anyone any information on Metro Transcription Service?  I have searched but not finding anything.  They are out of New Jersey.  Thank you. ...

Which Transcription Service Should I Work For?
Dec 05, 2013

The hospital I worked for recently outsourced their transcription department to Nuance.  Because of their extremely high insurance rates, I decided not to go with them and am therefore unemployed.  I have over 20 years of experience transcribing all specialties except pathology and my strong suit is radiology.  Any advice anyone can give as to which transcription service I should look into would be greatly appreciated.  I am looking to become an employee not an independent co ...

Quick Transcription Service
Mar 29, 2014

One of over 40 services I applied and sent resumes to in my miserable search for a service that actually has work.  That was over 2 months ago.  They are asking me to test because they pay a whopping $20 per audio hour (which by my crude calculation would end up being about $6 per audio hour).  And apparently they pay through Paypal.  How's that for professional?  This company is in NYC and apparently intent on preying on the continually rising numbers of MTs out th ...

E-MedScribe Transcription Service
Oct 06, 2014

I am looking for information on e-MedScribe Transcription Service out of Houston, TX.  I tried to do a search for this company but I could not find anything.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.   ...

How To Start A Medical Transcription Service
Mar 12, 2010

I have been a MT for about 6 years now and would like more information on how to start my own medical transcription service for clinics (not hospitals).  Tried find a book on it but could not find any information or even a legitimate website on where to start with doing this.  I have been an independent contractor for 6 years but now would like to venture into business and get my own physician accounts and actually hire other MTs to work for me.  Anyone that has done this that can ...

Medical Transcription Service Organization
Mar 13, 2010

I'm looking for a Medical Transcription Service Organization (MTSO) for my company to use in order to improve the quality of service that my medical transcription business provides to its clients and to help me comply with the HIPPA laws.  I see some VERY expensive services out there; but are there any inexpensive ones that would help a small company like ours? ...

Transcription Service That Supplies Computer
May 22, 2010

Does anyone know of a transcription service that supplies the computer like MQ?  I need a new job.  I am making half as much as I was 2 years ago at MQ due to ASR and pay cut ...

Anyone Familiar With Metro Transcription Service In NJ?
Sep 24, 2010

Not much info about them in the archives.  Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

CMC Medical Transcription Service In Seattle?
Oct 11, 2010

Anyone with a bit more detailed information/experience with this company?   Thank you for any help in advance! ...

Anyone Work At TTS (Transcription, Technology & Service)?
Dec 09, 2011

Wanting to know if anyone is familiar with this company, good or bad.  ...

If Starting A Small Transcription Service, What Is The Best...sm...
Dec 08, 2011

Oracle OR Nuance Transcription Service
Mar 21, 2012

Hi, I have just been contacted by Oracle and by Nuance Transcription Service and wondered if anyone had any experience with either company.   ...

Medical Transcription Service Who Pays More Than 8 Cpl
Jul 05, 2012

Looking for a medical transcription service who pays more than 8 cpl.  Who pays the best? And is a good company to work for. ...

Any Info On Ascend Transcription Service?
Apr 15, 2013

Does anyone have info on Ascend?  Looking if the offshore transcription and if they treat their MT's decent with decent wages?  Thanks! ...

Global Transcription Service/Australia
Sep 04, 2014

Has anyone applied to this company out of Australia and tested for a position with them, then been offered employment?  I notice that although you would be working as an IC they aren't requiring you to fill out a W-9.  ...

Anyone Have Info On Midwest Transcription Service? Sm
Mar 18, 2015

I received an email from Sheila and Mesheal from Midwest Transcription Service.  I just want to make sure they are legit.  I am not sure if they are in WI because I looked them up, and I think that company has a different owner.  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. ...

Wanted: Nonprofit Christian Transcription Service
Dec 12, 2012

Transcription used to serve nonprofit hospitals and quality patient care was the focus. Does anybody know of a nonprofit Christian transcription company that exists anywhere? Thanks. ...