A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Current platform at prn (not PRN or p.r.n.) Medical Trans. in OH - need2work

Posted: May 13, 2010

What is the web-based platform they now use and how do/did you like it?  Looking to hear from anyone who works/worked with this company and can share their experiences.  Are lines still hard to reach?  Do they have more than one platform?  prntype was not a favorite back in 2009 -- is this the only platform they have?

This is the company out of Kettering, Ohio. (Archive info is from 2007 and uninformative. The website is even less informative for careers with them.)  Their ads offer 8 to 10 cpl.

A long time ago - jm0405

[ In Reply To ..]
I recall working at this facility briefly. I don't know if I left because of personal issues - cause there was a period of about 2 years at the beginning of my "work at home" deal where I had a hard time disciplining myself, staying focused and sticking with an employer. It was easier to leave and play and then die when I got a low paycheck or 2.

I don't know if PRN fell under the aforementioned point in my life or if they landed on my desktop about the time I tried Softscript. Now, if so, I left a few employers, including Softscript, because I had a hard time making a living. I would type forever and look on my line count about 5 hours into it and have 500 lines. I couldn't afford to work 20 hours a day to make $50. LOL!

My recommendation is this: If you are not making a decent line in x-hours, then do this job while you apply for others. A job like this you could keep, moonlight a little bit and use those low funds for "fun money", but don't rely on those funds to pay your bills. Find a more reputable, productive company where you can earn a decent wage that is above minimum wage level.

Good luck!

PRN - Traci

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know about their platform now but I used to work for them in the office and they are the rudest, craziest people I have ever known in my life, and they will rip you off. Stay away, stay FAR, FAR AWAY!

Crazy people.... - jm0405

[ In Reply To ..]
Traci brought back some memories...If I am not mistaken, I thought the boss seemed really insecure, almost to the point of weird. She was single or divorced and I recall understanding why that was so. She struck me as a person needing Prozac, Dr. Phil and Valium.

But...that wasn't the reason I left...she was working hard, doing her best and I could overlook personality flaws cause I didn't have to live with her and I could turn my ringer off. It was the system or my irresponsibility that clinched my demise. LOL

To tolerate the atmosphere, you have to be a strong person or turn off your IM, read your email later and turn off your phone. In my more arrogant days, I did just that. Today, I would not work for a company like that.

PRN - Traci

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I advise people to avoid this company like the plague, but as a divorced and single person, I don't know what that has to do with anything.
Wah-baby-Wah... - jm0405
[ In Reply To ..]
She was on a personal-issue deal. She was very upset about her current life situation perpetually. The only reason her status rings a bell is because that was her drama daily. You couldn't avoid it.

I actually live close by this place... - cindyoh

[ In Reply To ..]
...called them several times a few years ago, emailed them, did all but physically knock on their door (and it did cross my mind), though it sounds like maybe it's a good thing I couldn't make a connection with them since I don't see anything positive about this place. All I know is they supposedly handle V.A. transcription (?) Don't even know if that's true.

I don't remember - jm0405

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't remember the clinics/hospitals ...but I do recall her personal issues...LOL...work just blended - the other was OMG - not again!!!!!

prn - just me again

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't have the above problems. I just didn't care for their platform. I used copy and paste a ton for regulars, medications, etc., on their platform, you could not copy and paste - huge time waster. Also, their spellcheck did not give options, so for those vague terms, you had to look them up.

Hard to be productive. I did find the owners (married couple) to be nice.

Good luck.

p.r.n. = FLORIDA / prn = OHIO / PRN = OREGON - need2work

[ In Reply To ..]
Eeba-deeba-dee! I just realized that there are THREE (3) businesses with this name, so please be sure you are talking about the appropriate company being asked about.

www.prnmts.com - prn Medical Transcription Services, Inc., located in Kettering, Ohio, founded in 1991.

www.bestprn.com - p.r.n. Medical Transcription Service, located in Cape Coral, Florida, founded in 1994.

www.prnmt.com - PRN Medical Transcription, Inc., located in Oregon, "celebrating 29 years."

PRN - Traci

[ In Reply To ..]
No, this was the one in Kettering, Ohio, the same one that advertised on another MT site the other day. That's the one I used to work for.

Similar Messages:

QUESTION FOR CURRENT TRANS TECH MTs
Mar 30, 2014

Are bonus Emails offered very often where you will work over your lines for bonus lines?   Work is so low! ...

My Employer Is Moving From Trans To MQ's VR Platform
Oct 05, 2011

My employer use MedQuist’s DocQScribe software and is moving us all onto its VR.  So far, what we’re seeing from the VR is almost completely garbage, but MedQuist claims that our corrections will “teach” the VR to recognize our dictators’ speech patterns.  Of course, our wages are being renegotiated, as well.  We have about three dozen MTs and I think a few hundred dictators.  So far, it takes me about 25% longer to correct this VR trash than it ...

TRAINER FOR MEDICAL TRANS CO
Apr 27, 2012

Does anyone out there currently work as a trainer for any of the medical transcription companies out there?  ...

Trans Tech Medical Solutions
Mar 25, 2010

Does anyone know anything about or work for Trans Tech Medical Solutions?  Do they have plenty or work, pay on time, etc. ...

Trans Corp Medical Coding Inc-Is This A Legitimate Company?
Aug 11, 2010

I cannot find anything on this company when I Google.  Anyone have any info? ...

Hillcrest Medical Center Beginning Med Trans-7th Edition
Feb 12, 2014

I found this book in a used book store.  Bought it becuase it has puzzles in the back I would like to do.  The DVD with supposedly the answers is missing.  Does anyone have this disk who can copy/paste the answers?   ...

Looking For Current Information On The Medrite Platform, Please (sm)
Jan 04, 2012

The last post that I could find was from 2009 so hoping that things have improved with it.  Is it compatible with Windows 7?  Is it Word-based?  Can you use your own expander with it?  Any information at all would be greatly appreciated! ...

Any Current Info On Precyse? How About The Platform - Productive? SM
Oct 20, 2009

Also how about the benefits, especially insurance - do you feel they are a good deal for the price? Do you feel the way the PTO adds up is beneficial to the MT?  Does anyone know anything about the account that they are hiring for right now?  Thanks for anything you care to share.  ...

Medical Transcribers, II, Inc. Former And Current Workers!
Apr 24, 2012

Looking for current information on this company, both positive and negative. Thank you!  ...

Any Current Info On MEDICAL INK CORP?
Jul 02, 2014

I just saw an ad on another board where Medical INK Corp. was hiring for QA but only paying 50 cents per job!!! REALLY???? I would hope this is just for filling in blanks not 100% QA.  Does any one have any info regarding their QA positions? ...

What Is The Name Of The Platform That PRN Medical Transcription Uses?
Oct 26, 2009

x ...

Expert Medical Transcription - Any Current Info
May 03, 2011

Any current info on this company?  Wonder if they  hire IC,  pay, etc.  Thanks! ...

Puyallup Medical Transcription - Current Info?
Oct 07, 2014

Does anyone have current info on what it's like at Puyallup Medical Transcription?  I found some older posts but wonder how things are now, if it's purely overflow work and do you work a shift or just get assigned work that must be returned in so many hours.   Thanks! ...

Looking For Medical Transcription Job Using The Emdat Platform
Jun 02, 2014

Looking for medical transcription job using the Emdat platform.  Any suggestions?     ...

E-TRANS PLUS
Jun 06, 2011

I have just spoke with a recruiter from E-TRANS PLUS who made the job sound rather promising.  I've been reading old posts on MT Stars but would like to hear from somebody currently working with this company.  Thanks in advance! ...

MJ Trans
Jun 02, 2012

Anyone have any info on MJ trans co? ...

Med Trans Inc Anything?
Apr 14, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Med Trans Inc? ...

Med Trans
May 06, 2015

has anyone ever applied to MedTrans or work for them? I am beginning to think they scam people and want them to just join their career program.   ...

Any Info On Med Trans Out Of Az...there Are...sm
Nov 08, 2009

Any info on Med Trans out of AZ.  There seems to be several companies with this name or very similar.  Any info would be great! Med Trans, Inc.4025 E Chandler BoulevardSuite 70-A27Phoenix, Arizona 85048 ...

R All Trans Co., Low On Work Right Now
Mar 23, 2010

i work for two companies, one has plenty of work and the other one seems to only have it late at night....which sux cause I am scheduled to work days....just getting aggravating..and wondering if anyone else is going thru this ...

Trans Tech Pay
Aug 23, 2010

Does anyone know about what Trans Tech pays per line for second shift very experienced acute care employees?  Really need to know.  Thanks ...

Anyone Know Anything About GI Systems Trans Co
Jul 27, 2011

Does anyone work/know of this company?  A past coworker is working there and loves it!  She had very little experience at the company where we both worked, and now she tells me she is doing my dream job after only months, she is a part-time QA/part-time MT.  I read they just got a 5 year VA contract for their dict work.  Please, can anyone help.  THANKS@! ...

Anyone Know EMTS Trans?
May 04, 2012

I don't think this is the same company as eMTS.  EMTS Trans is based out of Miami, Florida and they are looking for someone to type rehab reports from written notes.  Has anyone had any experience with them or know anything about them?  I can't seem to find a website on them.  ...

Nuance Met Trans
Nov 19, 2012

QA/QC at Nuance is a joke.  A comma not inserted-points-, a dumb word that even a doctor could care less about-points-, really?  What happened to caring about the quality of the medical field terminology and so on.  I am the MT and I am the proffesional person that is qualified to make the physician sound better than he speaks.  I do NOT need a QA or QT telilng me how to do my job.  And as far as Fiesa goes?  I am not checking it again either.  I have spent all ...

Med Trans Inc Any Info?
Sep 04, 2013

Looking for any info on Med Trans Inc ...

Med Trans Inc. - Another Hoax
Feb 08, 2014

There is a new ad today for "transcribers" on indeed.com they say pays $13-15. per hour, but I think they are just an MT school (scam).  This is from their FAQs:Q. Is the demand for transcriptionists good? A. Demand for this profession far exceeds the supply of quality trained US transcriptionists nationwide! The US Department of Labor has listed this profession as one that is needed and pays ...

Breitner Trans
Apr 21, 2015

Anybody work for Breitner?  What's the real scoop, and cpl, etc. ...

Does Anyone Have Info On Or Experience With Med Trans Inc?
Oct 14, 2009

Here is the link: http://www.medtransinc.com/employment.asp ...

ANP Trans. There Was A Recent Post About This Co
Oct 23, 2009

I may be blind here and not seeing it, but I am unable to find this post.  Could someone refresh my memory or let me know opinions about this company.  thanks in advance. ...

Is Anyone Familiar With E-Trans? I Was Just Offered A Job With Them.
Mar 19, 2010