A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what is the name of the platform that PRN Medical Transcription uses? - speedyfingerz

Posted: Oct 26, 2009

x

It is called prntype and it is awful. The platform is the reason I left. nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

does it resemble word or any other recognizable platform? I'd like to know what I'd be get - speedyfingerz

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, not like Word or anything I've ever used. It isn't very - productive at all. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is awkward to move around in and spell check isn't very good. Been some other posts here recently about it you might want to read. They think it's great and will talk it up but it's not.
p.r.n. - mewho
[ In Reply To ..]
i recently started with prn, at first i seriously doubted the platform, but decided (for a change) to stick it out and it has paid off. i'm 3 weeks or so in and can get 200+ lph (and going up), which at the rate the pay, comes out pretty good (i average 250-300 in word with good dictators) i'm also not pulling my hair out because of the dictators, they are very nice, at least on the account i am on...i think the platform, once you "get it," is pretty simple. some word commands work in it, but now that i've been on it for a bit, i actually like it...not to mention super nice people, pay on time too
yeah they pay on time but - rinse cycle
[ In Reply To ..]
There is no spell check, not cut and paste except one time pasting that usually doesn't work.... filling in forms and not making much but they paid on time.
Sorry, I am very doubtful anyone can get 250-330 lph - on this platform...sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I work on it and probably have one of the easiest dictators there is plus I'm a fast typist and use my expander to the utmost capability. I have barely cracked 200 lph. Not trying to be mean but the platform itself is not capable of that kind of speed between having to go through the proofing stage at end of each document, the awful spellcheck, etc. If you're doing that much and also producing quality reports, hey, bully for you, but I don't think it's fair to represent that as the norm. Again, I am highly dubious of this but YMMV. Definitely not my experience.

It resembles nothing I have ever encountered before and is by far the - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
very worst platform I have ever worked with.

Similar Messages:

Looking For Medical Transcription Job Using The Emdat Platform
Jun 02, 2014

Looking for medical transcription job using the Emdat platform.  Any suggestions?     ...

Current Platform At Prn (not PRN Or P.r.n.) Medical Trans. In OH
May 13, 2010

What is the web-based platform they now use and how do/did you like it?  Looking to hear from anyone who works/worked with this company and can share their experiences.  Are lines still hard to reach?  Do they have more than one platform?  prntype was not a favorite back in 2009 -- is this the only platform they have? This is the company out of Kettering, Ohio. (Archive info is from 2007 and uninformative. The website is even less informative for careers with them.)  Th ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Platform For Transcription Plus LLC
Jan 01, 2011

Anyone know the platform that Transcription Plus LLC uses?  Do they have any QA/Editors? ...

Transcription Platform
Apr 16, 2012

What is the platform, "Cerner DTS?"  Thanks for your help. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Landmark Transcription - Platform?
Mar 06, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew what type of platform this company uses, and if they  are currently using VR.  Is there anything particular you MAY NOT like about this company or things you REALLY LIKE  about them?  I'd appreciate hearing about them.  Thanks  . ...

Web-based Transcription Platform?
Nov 23, 2010

What exactly is someone referring to when they say "web-based transcription platform"? Are they referring to the program that the company uses to receive/pull/send audio files? ...

What Platform Does Landmark Transcription Use?nm
Jul 14, 2011

nm   ...

Landmark Transcription Provides Equipment Or What Platform They Use? 
May 25, 2010

Does anyone know if Landmark (in PA) provides equipment or what platform they use?  TIA ...

Would Someone Share With Me Please How They Like The FutureNet Transcription Platform....sm
Feb 07, 2012

Not talking about the company, starting with Pro Type tomorrow, got the installation going on then, and just wanted to know how efficient it is....thanks in advance!! ...

M-Modal And Dictation/transcription Platform
May 31, 2013

Does M-Modal use DocQScribe?  What about Chartscript.Net?  Since they used to be MedQuist, I know that MQ used DQS.  Anything but eScription.  I loathe eScription. ...

How Much Data Do You Use Per Month On Your Transcription Platform?
Mar 26, 2015

I live in the boonies and have a satellite connection, for this I am switching to the phone hotspot. However, I have even MORE reduced net speed now because HughesNet likes to dock speed for people who go over the limit for the month. My plan is 10 or 20 gigs...and on the hotspot, I just went through 2 gigs in maybe 20 minutes, something that really blew my mind. That would be like thousands of gigs a month and it seems really ridiculous that it is even possible.  ...

Anyone Have Experience With Turn Around Time Transcription Co? Or Medrite XL Platform?
Jun 12, 2013

Hi, I recently spoke to someone from Turn Around Time Transcription.  I had found their ad on mtjobs.com.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this company?  They use the Medrite XL platform and the owner told me all the transcriptionists said it was an easy platform to work on, but then I looked it up and MTs were complaining about the line counts being so low.  Any info on either the company or the platform?  Thanks, Kathy ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is HB Medical Transcription???
Mar 06, 2010

I've been in the medical transcription industry for 16 years and dont have any clue what HB medical transcription is. There is a job posted which has been filled, but I for the life of me cannot figure that out, unless it is hispanic/bilingual.  Can someone help me out!  ...

VLC Medical Transcription
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if the Virtual Learning Center still exists?  I am not getting any responses to emails to them.  The website has changed since the last time I looked at it.  Also, I thought they were supposed to be the third best of the top three medical transcription companies to learn from.  If they are not, who is?  ...

JLG Medical Transcription
Sep 09, 2010

Any info on JLG pros/cons, pay would be greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Transcription.
Jan 21, 2011

I have a certificate through Stratford Career Institute and have had a hard time trying to get employment. I don't have any prior experience in the medical transcription field and am very interested in getting pointed in the right direction on what to do from here on how I can further a career in this field. If anyone can be of some help please let me know. ...

Non Medical Transcription
Feb 02, 2011

I am an independent contractor. Have always charged per line count. Have an opportunity to transcribe 30 minute audio interviews. Any thoughts on what or how to charge for this? Thanks! ...

Qed Medical Transcription
Apr 02, 2011

Has anyone ever tried taking the typing test for QED transcription? For some reason I am not getting into the testing site.  '( ...

U.S. Transcription Non Medical
Sep 01, 2011

I answered an ad for U.S. Transcription posted on MT Jobs, was asked to test, and within an hour of submitting my test I was offered a job.  After my heart came down from a happy dance at an actual job offer, I found I really have some things to think about before I say yes. This would be for 2nd shift, non-medical transcription at 0.06/cpl for straight transcription, 0.03/cpl if a company provided template is used.  I suppose I need to ask what my expected production would be before ...

Looking At Going Into Medical Transcription
Nov 14, 2011

I am looking into the Medical Transcription field but wanted to get info about the field from those that are in it before I take the plunge.  I'm not looking at earning a huge salary or medical benefits etc, just some extra to help the HH income. I'm looking at Career Step for my certificate. Any factual info or career experience would be appreciated. ...

Same Day Medical Transcription
Mar 24, 2012

Has anyone heard anything about this transcription company or done any work for them?  What was your experience?  Thanks. ...

New To Medical Transcription
Apr 20, 2012

I'm fairly new to medical transcription. I received my certification in 2010 and was a little discouraged when applying for jobs and they were all looking for experienced agents to work from home. I've recently decided to start back looking for work and decided to offer my services free of charge just to get the experience so I can apply in a year or two for actual paying work. Has anyone else done this or know how to get started? Or even know someone who needs a transcription intern? ...

USA Medical Transcription, Inc.
May 03, 2012

Watch out for this company .... They seem a bit strange. ...

USA Medical Transcription, Inc ??
May 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of USA Medical Transcription, Inc?? I can't find a website for them although when I do a reverse (fax) number look-up, it says it's in Palm Beach, FL. Info is appreciated! ...

Anyone Ever Do Non-medical Transcription And Like It?
Sep 25, 2012

Anyone ever do non-medical transcription? I'm interested to know if you liked it. I tried it for a few days and just decided it wasn't for me. A lot of it was phone conversations and was very hard to understand and I ended up leaving lots of blanks. The pay was bad too and I gave it up today. It was like torture to me to sit and listen to this voice file and one was almost 2 hours long that I did not finish before I quit. Appreciate anyone's input into this. I am feeling ba ...

Non-medical Transcription?
Dec 08, 2012

I'm a 2011 MT grad who posted not long ago looking for advice.  While googling MT companies to apply to, I found some non-medical transcription services, namely one that transcribes dialogue from a video for production/entertainment companies.  This site had instructions and a download to take the test.  What the heck, I'm going to take it and see what happens.  Since MT is practically a dead-end career, I've been trying to come up with ther ways to utilize my ...