A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Audio file job on job seekers board beware - not what is seems

Posted: Jan 28, 2010

She claims the voice files are half as long as what they actually are, saying your express scribe is off.  No way.  15 minute file took an hour to type.  She said it was an 8 min file.  Okay so I got ripped off.

Thanks for letting us know - sounded a little hinky

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems like every job posted any more is a rip-off or has hidden atrocities waiting for whoever gets the job. Like we don't get kicked around enough!

FYI - onemore

[ In Reply To ..]
FYI: A good estimate for an unfamiliar dictator is 6 minutes per 1 minute audio. This can vary a little. Keeping this in mind, for one hour of audio, on average, could take about 6 hours to type. She stated that the job pays $50.00 for the one-hour audio. The pay on average is $8.33 an hour, could be slightly more or less. Hope this helps whoever may be considering this.

Exactly . . . - and another thing

[ In Reply To ..]
The ad states it is a conversation, so I am assuming there are at least two speakers in the dictation. These types of jobs generally take longer than one-speaker dictations.

FYI for those who haven't been paid this way in the past, there have been many, many conversations on this board about acceptable rate per hour of audio, and the least most of us would accept would be $1.00 per audio minute/$60.00 per audio hour. That would be for very clear dictation, one speaker, and a minimum 24-hour TAT, and I do mean it is the lowest amount acceptable in mine and many others' opinions who have posted here on this subject. A more reasonable amount would be $1.25 to $1.30 per audio minute.

Then add to the above that she is wanting a 6-hour TAT . . . basically a STAT. It is a ridiculously low amount to offer or accept.

You hit that one dead-on. They are ALL rip-offs. The - whole industry has become a rip-off. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
And yet to date, it is 100% invisible to the public, the media, and the government.

Well, not too long ago, the folks at Enron thought their little scheme was never going to be found out. And the banks and Wall Street thought they'd never be called out on their little shenanigans, either.

It's just a matter of time, MT- Companies, just a matter of time.

Similar Messages:

Job Seekers Board
May 03, 2013

Does anyone have any information or first hand experience with Babbletype?  They posted for IC jobs on the job seeker board a little bit ago under JFieldcamp.  This is their web site  http://www.babbletype.com/   Any info would be appreciated.  ...

Rebecca On Job Seekers Board, I Really Would Like To Know, Sm
Jan 05, 2010

I notice in this new post an apology for not getting back with so may e-mails.  I received the testing from this woman with an e-mail stating that I qualified to test, but no response from my e-mail requesting the name of the company I would be testing for.  Needless to say, I did not take the test. ...

Check Out Job Seekers Board
Aug 24, 2010

Check out the advertisement on job seekers by "Shannon."  Read how it is worded and check out the mistakes in this ad!  Wondering if this is out of the country too.  Sure sounds like it or this is a really really illiterate American! ...

The Post On The Job Seekers Board Just Might
Oct 26, 2011

have been taken seriously had they spelled Accutrans correctly! ...

Wondering About The Ad On The Job Seekers Board
Sep 07, 2012

It says great pay but there are 3 dislikes.  It is to RCJPS.com.  Is that the job placement service that makes you pay $75?  Also the other one said mommyjobsonline and it had some dislikes, too.  Is that the same deal...pay $75 to get a job that really does not pay that well?  Just curious. ...

Why Are A Lot Of Jobs On The Job Seekers Board
Sep 30, 2012

crossed out?  I see it says removed by the author, but I have to wonder why.  I have never seen that before.  Maybe the dislikes are finally giving them the message! ...

Job Seekers Board Post With No Company Name
Apr 01, 2010

Why is there a post on the Job Seekers Board with no company name?  Also, you can reply by email, but the name is still undisclosed.  I thought that was not allowed.  Who would send a resume to some unknown person/company?     ...

Anyone Know Which Medscribe Is Hiring On The Job Seekers Board?
May 14, 2010

I think they are multiple ones. I have applied several times to the one in Jacksonsville via their website but have never heard back and I can never tell if the application is going through. ...

Job Seekers Board (Ramona Falls)
Sep 08, 2012

Something does not seem quite right about job posted by "Ramona Falls". Company mentioned is AMTS, but e-mail address is to SBC Global. Any information? ...

Job Seekers Board For Medical Coders
Jul 21, 2013

Hi I was just wondering if there are any boards with coding jobs listed on here? I know there is the coding and billing forum, but not an actual coding job seeker board?  Any ideas?? Thanks ...

Anyone Considering The Radiology Position For Cardus On The Job Seekers Board
Jan 17, 2011

Anyone considering the Radiology position for Cardus that was recently posted on the Job Seeker’s Board, please consider this (from the Cardus website):   Manpower     US offices have 32 Medical Transcriptionists with vast specialty experience - primarily in Hospital Radiology, Oncology and E/R experience varying from 5 – 23 years in these fields as medical transcriptionists. India back Office 130 qualified Medical Transcriptionists who are graduates in Li ...

Is MW Transcription Services On The Job Seekers Board A SCAM. Does Anyone Know Someone
May 22, 2011

Does anyone actually work for MW Transcription Services?   When you go to her website, all you find is her hawking her book and multiple ads for schools (including the matchbooks that guarantee $60,000 year).  Her “SERVICES” and “RATES” tabs are empty.  How does a company get any business without having any of that type of information on their website?  In fact, the only tabs that have any information are the ones that offer her ebook for sale and her ...

Audio File/sm
Jul 30, 2014

I need to listen to some jobs...I did Alt I from the Fluency Editor home screen to get to Manager. I looked up the jobs by searching under detail and the date. I found the job and clicked on the job #, which gave me options of audio file, editor account output, and count log file (payroll). When I hi-lite audio file, it takes me to a black screen with an audio player icon in the middle of the screen. The length of the audio file always says 0:00 and the volume icon is crossed out, like it' ...

Snowbunny (the Original) - Did You Post On The Job Seekers Board Recently? It's Gone.
Jun 06, 2013

. ...

Any Info On Fast Transcription That Is On The Job Seekers Board? NmNm
Mar 19, 2014

Xx ...

Mmodal-Audio File
Sep 07, 2013

Hi everyone. I want to know that can we get wave file from MModal platform? ...

How Much Is A Terabyte When Comparing To A Regular Audio File? In Hours?
Apr 09, 2013

how much is a terabyte when comparing to a regular audio file?  How much shoud I charge? ...

First IPhone App To Convert Audio File To Text By Speech Recognition
Aug 22, 2013

I have created the first app on iPhone which can dictate the audio file in multiple size and format into text by speech recognition.In addition, the app can record your voice by 1 hour that help to improve the speed to input .The app link is shown below:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downright-transcription/id687650485?mt=8The website is shown below:downrighttranscript.appspot.com ...

Beware Of Post By Jessica Miller On Job Board. It Shows
Mar 11, 2013

Transcriptionwave and states is a US company, but email link takes you to Transcriptionlive and has a calculator for transcription 40% "lesser" than US.  ...

Express Scribe - Change The File Format To Read .ra Or .rma (Real Audio) Files
Jun 17, 2010

Hi! I currently use Express Scribe for my dications with a USB universal pedal and need to change the file format to read .ra or .rma (Real Audio) files. I cannot figure out how to do this nor am getting anwhere on either Express Scirbe or Real Audio tech sites? I am trying to submit a test for a position. If you can help, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT Thanks!! Kymee ...

Beware N Bonus Winners. Coming To Light On MModa Board,
May 15, 2013

You might want to check your paychecks and make sure you dont have any mystery deductions being applied to your paycheck. ...

On Job Seekers Board, MT Asks "what Is CV And Why Is It Asked For?"
Dec 07, 2009

On Job Seeker's Board, which is for employers to post jobs available, someone who appears to be a job applicant, and seems to be a "new" poster asks:  "What is CV and why would someone ask for that to be included in a job application?"  Since this question might get lost or deleted from the Job Seeker's Board, I sent an e-mail to the poster, but will reply here in case more than one person has wondered.  CV can be the abbreviation for the Latin term Curriculum ...

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

Job Seekers
Apr 24, 2014

Hello fellow MTs, I have mainly worked for a local company out of my home. In fact, it's been my only MT job. I didn't mind giving out information such as my social security number for an IC position because I knew this person well. This company paid via mailed checks so there was no exchange of bank account information. I am asking because I have been contacted through this board to test after posting a job wanted ad.  Please help me out if you can. My questions are: How do ...

Job Seekers - 2 Words
Nov 30, 2012

In case you have not figured this out already, you are probably not going to ever get out of MT into some other office position unless you become proficient in Microsoft Office.  I just had an interview and was once again told that I was less likely to be hired without those skills (part of the job is MT; that part they liked).  If you've been doing nothing but transcribing and editing medical reports for the last 20 or 30 years, like I have, it's time to brush up your skill ...

That Post For An IC By Sabrina On Job Seekers
Jan 10, 2010

She's paying $8 per hour of audio.  Her example is if she gives your 4 hours of audio work, you will get paid $32 for the work.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the 1:3 ratio (3 hours of transcribing per 1 hour audio), that would only come to about $2.60 an hour.  Right?  Or am I grossly wrong in calculations here? ...

To Job Seekers, I Just Found The BEST Web Site
Feb 20, 2013

I don't know how many are aware, but one of the reasons you never get called for an interview is because the ATS (automatic tracking systems) rated it low, so it never reached the interviewer's desk. The link below will help you to "customize" your resume for each job you are applying for. It does this through an analysis of both the job posting as well as your resume, and then it points out missing keywords. After you make the corrections, you can download the resume and then use ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

BEWARE OF K$R
May 06, 2010

It takes you all day to get your line count.  They do not pay anything.  VERY RUDE!!  They want you to work ALL day and hound you if you dont. ...

Beware Of The Big Three
Jan 06, 2012

I have a friend whose relative is a one of those aspiring Wall Street'ers and he was interested in hearing about my work as an MT.  He had done some research and looked at the publicly traded companies in our industry.  With the growth of an ageing population the documents we provide is more and more needed.  But that also creates a potential for a takeover of publically traded companies.  Just my (or his) opinion. ...