A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Acusis is amazing - MI

Posted: Dec 27, 2013

This company is amazing.  They pay us to read emails that come in from management/TLs.  They have a space on the time card where you put in your time to read emails.  What company does that?  On top of that, no ugly emails, EVER.  I love this company!!

Wow! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info! I'm applying right now. :)

That is AMAZING! - AWESOME too!

[ In Reply To ..]
What an AMAZING and AWESOME company to work for!

I am applying RIGHT NOW!! I hope they think I am AMAZING and AWESOME in return!!!

If you two above believe that, howz about buying - some awesome, fertile farmland out -

[ In Reply To ..]
in the middle of northwestern Nevada? I'd be glad to sell it to you. It's great for farming - no hills, no rocks, no trees, no grass, and no water. Not even any cactus. Only $500K per acre.

Something about these posts just does not ring true. - justsayin

[ In Reply To ..]
x

does not ring true - You know what they say,

[ In Reply To ..]
If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually isn't! I would like to apply just to see if it is!

It DOES ring true - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
An MTSO with whom I started several years ago (couldn't stay due to scheduling conficts) did pay MTs for 15 minutes across the board of our time daily for reading & responding to e-mails -- whether we had lengthy e-mails either way or none for the day. This was circa 2007.

I think this is only fair. That's about 5 hours extra monthly at minimum wage. It's rare for any of them to do that now.

We need to be paid for all the other lengthy, time-consuming manure (demographics, numbers, phone calls, verifying... I could go on all night.

I am sure I am not the only one.. - kshel

[ In Reply To ..]
but I worked at Acusis and it was the most negative experience I have EVER, yes I mean ever, had in this business. My supervisor or whatever she was called was rude, nasty to a fault and when I put in my letter of intent to quit, she was worse than she had been. The work was okay, nothing great but the upper levels of mgmt were awful.

Acusis - MI

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, not my experience AT ALL! I have 3 supervisors, one for each account and all 3 are THE most pleasant to work with.

Sorry, but YOUR post doesn't ring true. Acusis - was the WORST place ever to work.

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course, I suppose Nuance & M*Modal might actually be worse. Right now anyway. But Acusis wants desperately to BE M*Modal or Nuance, and in that respect, they've been making great strides in achieving that goal.

Then you couldn't possibly be an MT, because - all of us that work at Acusis HATE it.

[ In Reply To ..]
Go ahead and believe that you're getting "paid" for reading emails if you want to, but: (SPOILER ALERT!)- Don't look too closely at your own line count and pay amounts compared to what they come up with, because they're taking all that generous "email-reading pay" out of your transcription pay. As if it weren't already pathetically and ILLEGALLY low. (Close examination of your pay stubs and a little finger-exercise on your calculator will likely disclose that you're earning less than minimum wage.) So nope, I don't think you're really one of the MTs, instead I think you're one of those "others". You know the ones. Those bloodsucking leeches at the home office that are committing financial rape of their employees.

Acusis - MI

[ In Reply To ..]
I too work for Acusis and am only an MT. This company is BY FAR the BEST to work for as far as being treated with respect. I've not received any threatening emails of where I'm at or... hurry up and type, etc. These people treat all with respect right down to the over-seas IT people. I came from Amphion and to say the least, THEY SUCKED!! My TL was the B_____ from hell, literally!! It's nice to work for a company that DOES pay and will pay you for reading emails. Thumbs UP for Acusis!!

So obviously you have another income source - in your household beside your MT work.

[ In Reply To ..]
Or else you live in a depressed area with low rent, or maybe someplace with NO rent. Because it's not possible on Acusis' pathetic pay scale to pay even the most basic living expenses if you happen to be single and self-supporting.

Similar Messages:

Amazing!
Sep 23, 2014

DICTATED: Inferior turbinate hypertrophy. VR: Murder. DICTATED: She was taken to the recovery room in stable condition. VR: She was taken to the recovery room in worse condition. ...

Amazing MQ Perk
Mar 12, 2010

There's actually a benefit working for Medquist - incredible - I bought an Android phone through Sprint this week, and they looked up Medquist for a possible monthly discount - and my mouth dropped open - it's 25% off the monthly price - is that my 3 cents back I wondered (NOT). So if you have a cellphone find out if you can get the Medquist discount - and the dude in the store said this is for the life of the contract (I hope he's right) ...

Went To Job Vent. That Is Amazing.
Nov 01, 2010

I have visited twice before and there were multiple postings -- all really negative and very accurate with what was going on.  Now there are only about 5 postings and all positive -- none from 2010, some from 2008.  What the heck? ...

Amazing That We Know Terminology For
Jun 17, 2014

I'm sure most doctors can't hold a candle to our knowledge of terminology for the dozens of specialities out there, including surgical terms.  Are we underpaid or what?? ...

The Amazing Management Minds ...sm
Mar 25, 2011

so, they disable cut/paste so we can't outside DQS on our computers, then enable it again until they figure out what to do -- all in the name of making this more HIPAA compliant/secure ---  but there's no concern with records going to foreign countries?  Genius ...

Anyone Get A Contract From MedScribe . . . Amazing!
May 09, 2013

I got a contract with this company and have never seen anything like it.  Their performance rating/expectations outline is the most condenscending, tryannical thing I have ever read.  I bet military rules are more lax than this company.  They give you a 12-hour window but then say you cannot leave your computer for more than 30 minutes 3 times a day.  Then even go on to explain you can't go to a party, grocery shopping, go to the gym, school event, social gathering, bake ...

It's Just Amazing That A Company Filled With
Jul 28, 2013

people can be so stupid, or oblivious, to the fact that they have an over-abundance of MTs during the week that run out of work on a constant basis but, on the weekends, work is over-flowing to the tune of "help help help". Can they not figure out that if they would cough up just a few more cents a line for someone to cover weekend shifts, and offer it IN HOUSE first, that this all could be eliminated?  Of course, I don't know why it amazes me.  These people never were in the tra ...

Amazing Difference In 2 Companies
Mar 11, 2015

It is amazing how I can work for 2 companies and one of them treats me like crap and makes me feel like I do not know to type even though I am in my 23rd year of doing this.  The other company just sent me my last audit for 6 times the amount of lines audited by Nuance and they found 4 minor errors, bunches of good job no error and 1 major error.  I am not as stupid as Nuance thinks I am and also the account I type on for my other job is mainly ESL and is quite frustrating but I do wel ...

Simply Amazing, We Are To Depend On Email
Oct 02, 2013

that little spinny thing has been spinning for half hour..Closed it out and tried again and the spinny thing keeps on spinning..You would think they could do better..And Windows Live Mail sends a message server refused to connect.. ...

Amazing How This "huge Hospital System That Never Runs Out Of Work" Has Run Out Of Work Sm
Aug 12, 2012

has run out of work yet again, from last night and still this morning.  Stupid me for believing the promises of a recruiter.   ...

Acusis - Don't Know Anything About Them
Oct 12, 2009

tyvm ...

Any Acusis MT's Out There? In Particular -
Mar 15, 2012

are there any MT's left at Acusis that worked for DRC before Acusis bought it? ...

Acusis - Anyone Know Anything
May 18, 2012

about this company - tested, passed, need to make decision within 24 hours.  I acted on impulse or maybe desperation when I applied.    Really don't know the company.  Can anyone offer  anything please.   TIA ...

Acusis?
Jul 12, 2012

All right, anyone work or have worked for this company in the past..........and have any feedback for me?  I will be testing for them soon and want to know what I'm getting into. They look to be a bit better benefit wise than Softscript that I just interviewed with.  Input appreciated, please.  ...

Want To Know About Acusis
Sep 10, 2013

I have seen some posts where people want to know about Acusis. I will tell you what I know and about my recent experience with them. The Human Resources person, Susanna Sovek,is located in Pennsylvania. My supervisor was located in California. The IT folks are in India and the CMT's are all over the place. You are given 3 weeks of "training" as per the "roadmap". The first week you are paid $180, the second $240 and the third $260 provided that you are meeting the criteria of 99% accu ...

Acusis, Anyone Know Anything About Them..
Mar 25, 2014

I remember applying for a job with this company, but I do not remember the rate of pay or anything else.  Does anyone know anything this company.  Thanks in advance ...

Any Acusis MTs Out There??
Sep 11, 2014

Been there a year, always had loads of work.  The past few weeks have been agonizingly slow.  When I ask supervisor, I get told it's the nature of the beast, feast or famine in the industry.  Something just doesn't seem right to me.  Would appreciate any info.  Thanks.   ...

Anybody Know Anything About Acusis?
May 29, 2015

Good to work for? ...

Acusis ??
Jun 09, 2015

I'm wondering how is it working at Acusis.  Pay scale is "funky" being you get paid less if your work goes to QA, but otherwise seems reasonable.  I searched and the only thing I turn up is stuff that is from 2009, so looking for fresher info.   Thanks in advance ...

Anyone Work For Acusis?
Oct 15, 2009

info much appreciated. ...

Does Acusis Pay For Spaces, Or Only By VBC?
Nov 21, 2009

X ...

Acusis Benefits
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know what qualifies an employee to receive benefits at Acusis?  I realize one needs to be a full-time employee, but I'm wondering what this entails.  Do you have to produce so many lines or make so much money per pay period?  Are they decent benes?  Would appreciate any info.   ...

Attn Acusis MT's
Jan 18, 2010

Re  QA: Today is a "do not hyphenate" day. Thus, tomorrow (1/19/10) will be a "hyphenate-everything-you-type" day. ...

Can Anyody Tell Me About Acusis? There Is Not Much
Jan 26, 2010

new in the Archives, if at all.   I would like to know if they do more transcribing or VR, and about platform and software.  Thanks! ...

Attn: Acusis MT's!
Jan 29, 2010

Today is a do-not-hyphenate day.  And be sure to mark your calendars - as tomorrow is a special day!  Not only is it once again a hyphenate-everything-you-type day, it is ALSO a put-as-many-commas-into-every-single-sentence-that-you-can day.  The fun and excitement never stops at Acusis! ...

Anyone Have An Info On Acusis
Feb 04, 2010

I am about to test with them. ...

Info On Acusis
Feb 12, 2010

Can anyone give me any information at all on the company Acusis, good, bad, whatever.  I would appreciate any information I can get. ...

Acusis Questions
Jun 30, 2010

How much does Acusis pay for clinic accounts? Do they pay for training? And lastly, can you use Windows Vista or Windows 7 with them? Is 64-bit acceptable for each? ...

Need Info On Acusis
May 04, 2010

I need info on Acusis. thanks ...

Acusis Question
Jun 28, 2010

I have read that the software you type in at Acusis is really, really slow. Any truth to that? ...