A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody know anything about Acusis? - triciatreat

Posted: May 29, 2015

Good to work for?

Found some recent reviews - justright

[ In Reply To ..]
hope this helps

Acusis - triciatreat

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! I'm trying to transition into home transcription since I've been replaced by a computer AGAIN! I get skeptical when I see a company offshores.

Acusis is actually an Indian company that set - up an office in PA, and - S/Msg

[ In Reply To ..]
for that reason CALLS itself an "American" company. All of its tech support and QA is done in India, most of its management is in India. Most of their transcriptionists are in India. Just figureheads in the U.S.

Can you believe that one Indian review? "Food - cafeteria not good enough" and (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
"No cab." Are they freakin KIDDING me? The Indian workers get a cafeteria and a recreation area? And all we get is a lousy CHANCE at maybe winning a gift card?

UGH!!!!!

Acusis is just a wannabe Nuance. They use - all the same unfair pay tactics, (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
account-switching, "exciting new changes" to software and policies, etc. QA is nitpicky and punitive. I was always getting written up and threatened with termination for minor infractions, such as putting a comma where QA felt no comma belonged, etc. My pay there continually dropped, no matter how much harder or faster I tried to work. I was also out of work frequently. Most of their work goes to India and the Philippines. They don't pay overtime, but they "encourage" you to work it. (Wink-wink) They never give bonuses, you have to work most holidays, and they have all the same stupid little "contests" for a few lame little gift cards for Transcription Week. I got fed up with the place and left, and never looked back.

Similar Messages:

Acusis - Don't Know Anything About Them
Oct 12, 2009

tyvm ...

Any Acusis MT's Out There? In Particular -
Mar 15, 2012

are there any MT's left at Acusis that worked for DRC before Acusis bought it? ...

Acusis - Anyone Know Anything
May 18, 2012

about this company - tested, passed, need to make decision within 24 hours.  I acted on impulse or maybe desperation when I applied.    Really don't know the company.  Can anyone offer  anything please.   TIA ...

Acusis?
Jul 12, 2012

All right, anyone work or have worked for this company in the past..........and have any feedback for me?  I will be testing for them soon and want to know what I'm getting into. They look to be a bit better benefit wise than Softscript that I just interviewed with.  Input appreciated, please.  ...

Want To Know About Acusis
Sep 10, 2013

I have seen some posts where people want to know about Acusis. I will tell you what I know and about my recent experience with them. The Human Resources person, Susanna Sovek,is located in Pennsylvania. My supervisor was located in California. The IT folks are in India and the CMT's are all over the place. You are given 3 weeks of "training" as per the "roadmap". The first week you are paid $180, the second $240 and the third $260 provided that you are meeting the criteria of 99% accu ...

Acusis, Anyone Know Anything About Them..
Mar 25, 2014

I remember applying for a job with this company, but I do not remember the rate of pay or anything else.  Does anyone know anything this company.  Thanks in advance ...

Any Acusis MTs Out There??
Sep 11, 2014

Been there a year, always had loads of work.  The past few weeks have been agonizingly slow.  When I ask supervisor, I get told it's the nature of the beast, feast or famine in the industry.  Something just doesn't seem right to me.  Would appreciate any info.  Thanks.   ...

Acusis ??
Jun 09, 2015

I'm wondering how is it working at Acusis.  Pay scale is "funky" being you get paid less if your work goes to QA, but otherwise seems reasonable.  I searched and the only thing I turn up is stuff that is from 2009, so looking for fresher info.   Thanks in advance ...

Anyone Work For Acusis?
Oct 15, 2009

info much appreciated. ...

Does Acusis Pay For Spaces, Or Only By VBC?
Nov 21, 2009

X ...

Acusis Benefits
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know what qualifies an employee to receive benefits at Acusis?  I realize one needs to be a full-time employee, but I'm wondering what this entails.  Do you have to produce so many lines or make so much money per pay period?  Are they decent benes?  Would appreciate any info.   ...

Attn Acusis MT's
Jan 18, 2010

Re  QA: Today is a "do not hyphenate" day. Thus, tomorrow (1/19/10) will be a "hyphenate-everything-you-type" day. ...

Can Anyody Tell Me About Acusis? There Is Not Much
Jan 26, 2010

new in the Archives, if at all.   I would like to know if they do more transcribing or VR, and about platform and software.  Thanks! ...

Attn: Acusis MT's!
Jan 29, 2010

Today is a do-not-hyphenate day.  And be sure to mark your calendars - as tomorrow is a special day!  Not only is it once again a hyphenate-everything-you-type day, it is ALSO a put-as-many-commas-into-every-single-sentence-that-you-can day.  The fun and excitement never stops at Acusis! ...

Anyone Have An Info On Acusis
Feb 04, 2010

I am about to test with them. ...

Info On Acusis
Feb 12, 2010

Can anyone give me any information at all on the company Acusis, good, bad, whatever.  I would appreciate any information I can get. ...

Acusis Questions
Jun 30, 2010

How much does Acusis pay for clinic accounts? Do they pay for training? And lastly, can you use Windows Vista or Windows 7 with them? Is 64-bit acceptable for each? ...

Need Info On Acusis
May 04, 2010

I need info on Acusis. thanks ...

Acusis Question
Jun 28, 2010

I have read that the software you type in at Acusis is really, really slow. Any truth to that? ...

Any Acusis MTs Worried?
Jun 21, 2010

Has any Acusis employee felt some desperation with Acusis lately?  I know that some accounts are really being monitored by the hospitals and they are not happy right now, but some of the things we are having to do are starting to slow down production. It makes me a little concerned for job security. ...

Former DRC/Acusis Employees
Jul 18, 2010

Last year, there were some changes made at Acusis and a group of MTs left at that time.  I was wondering if any of these MTs found a "new home" they are happy with.  I felt DRC was very good to its MTs and wonder if there are other "jewels" like it was out there. ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...

Anyone Else At Acusis Starting To Wonder If Their
Aug 17, 2010

Are you working harder and longer, only to see your counts going down? What the h___ is going on with this place? ...

Acusis Is Jerking Everyone Around. }:p
Aug 26, 2010

Who's Bigger, Acusis Or QED? Nm
Sep 20, 2010

nm ...

Anybody Out There Work For Acusis? What Is
Sep 25, 2010

n/m ...

Acusis Meeting
Nov 02, 2010

Well now, don't all we US MTs at Acusis feel better after our quarterly meeting? After being informed of all the new accounts signed on, we are told that, of course, they are going to India. But this quote they left us with should soothe us. "In times of great change the learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves uniquely equipped to operate in a world that no longer exists." KMA! ...

How Is Acusis To Work For?
Nov 03, 2010

How is acusis to work for? I am really scared to go with any of these MTSOs because they seem to want miracles, but I am running out of choices. ...

Has Anyone Worked For Acusis??
Dec 03, 2010

or heard of them?? ...

Acusis Of Philadelphia
May 25, 2011

Anyone have any information about Acusis Transcription out of Philadelphia?  Good, bad, or anything about working for the company? ...