Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

New antivirus from Aquity...my experience - sleepymt

Posted: Apr 24th, 2019 - 5:42 pm

Some of you may have noticed that there's a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point icon over the MModal antivirus icon or you've realized you have no antivirus or a note stating the license has expired has popped up.  Today, there was an emal about it.  Unfortunately, it made it sound like this could be taken care of automatically.  Umm, no.

Last night, I noticed I didn't have antivirus and the little yellow triangle was there.  I tried calling support but was on hold for 30 minutes.  If you're ever on hold for that long, you know that others are calling about this or something else is going wrong.  I went back to work.  I called after work (1:30 am).  I thought it wouldn't be a big deal.  Hell, if this was my computer, I'd have it up and running in no time. But...

The tech was nice.  Told me that they were getting rid of the old antivirus and putting in Ivanti Bitdefender.  This means taking out the old and putting in the new, doing a full scan, updates and another scan to make sure all is working.  He asked how my computer speed was.  It's fine...not lightning speed but fast.  Again, I am on an MModal computer so it's always slow.  He said it could take anywhere from 35 minutes to an hour.  The computer would reboot once or twice and I would have to be there to put my password in so he could continue working.  He put up a little messaging area in the corner of the screen to let me know how things were going and I could send him messages if I had questions.  We hung up.  It was nice to not have to hold on the phone.

It was over at 4:15 am.  It took forever.  Many times I wanted to take over and do it myself.  Again...not my computer so I'm stuck.

So, just a heads up to everyone.  Have some time set aside.  I didn't do this during my shift.  If I had, I likely would have been paid since it's their tech issue.  This will take some time and unfortunately, you do have to be around to put in your password when it reboots.

Hang in there, everyone.  Hope this helps. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)