Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

It's all about the money - Layoffs

Posted: Apr 22nd, 2018 - 8:07 pm In Reply to: Puzzling to me that Nuance is still doing - these outsourcing takeovers

This is all a numbers game. I am with a hospital, but I have worked for services before - many of them. When I took this job, I told myself never again for an MTSO. So, I find myself offered a job by Nuance. Absolutely no way. We can do so much better than this. You will be surprised to find out the companies out there interested in you. I'm talking with a local hospice to do physician relations. Our medical background, plus a multitude of other skills, really makes us valuable. They will never sit there and nitpick every single comma, period, etc.

Our hospital was "partnered" with another large hospital organization a few years ago and I knew this day was coming. We're all getting the boot.

I believe they are taking us on as a "favor" to the hospital we are being laid off from. There are some really fine lines between severance packages, job offers, etc., as it pertains to unemployment and TAA. I'm in the middle of informing myself about all of it. Nuance will just lay us off as well or starve us out, whatever comes first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)