Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Some of us cannot afford not to work. - Working poor

Posted: Apr 21st, 2018 - 3:03 pm In Reply to: If you're sick, why would you not call in sick? MM doesn't - sm

Part-time employees do not get sick days beyond the 3 mandated days, and many of us were changed to part time because MM did not want to pay for mandated health insurance contribution. Unless you have paid PTO, you do not get paid. If you have used used up all your paid PTO due to NJA, you do not get paid. Some of us cannot afford not to work because we are on thin ice financially. I continue to work despite being sick unless it is impossible. Unfortunately, 2 days last week it was impossible for me to work and I went to Urgent Care and didn't get home in time to work. Two days later I tried to work sick, but ended up returning the job to the pool and calling in sick because I wasn't thinking straight. Point is, I cannot afford not to work even a single hour and still pay the bills. Yes, I have been working on training for something else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)