Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Buy your own life insurance - and save the headache

Posted: Apr 18th, 2018 - 12:07 pm In Reply to: Life insurance was a reason to hang on for me - as an employee it is $50,000

Many years ago I worked for a big auto/home/life insurance company. An 80-year-old man called looking for life insurance. The company he had worked for all of his life and retired from suddenly decided to take away the life insurance benefit he had been counting on. Do you have any idea how expensive life insurance is at age 80? That is, if you can even get it. After that, I always shared that story with our customers and told them do NOT count on the company you work for to take care of you. Take care of yourself, and if you happen to end up with a policy from your company, consider that a bonus.
So, my advice to everyone is get life insurance early (because the price is higher the older you are when you sign up). I also buy my own health insurance for the same reason. I don't want to be stuck working for a crappy company just for the health insurance, and having to count on whatever coverage THEY decide to purchase each year.
Good luck to you, I hope you find a great job!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)