Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 30)

Life insurance was a reason to hang on for me - as an employee it is $50,000

Posted: Apr 18th, 2018 - 7:24 am

That is the amount Nuance automatically covers you for as an employee (if you work over 30 hours), no payment from employee required. Who knows if they would have paid it out if I died while still technically employed, but it was worth hanging onto this job for me, despite the other issues.

As far as Nuance offshoots that are taking our accounts and wanting you to work for them, just know that when you are self employed you should actually be paid more, not less, because you need to provide your own life insurance, take out disability, take out your own SS, take out your own tax. For that alone, ICs should get at least another 1-2 cpl if not much more.

But in this industry the only jobs now are these IC positions from smaller contractors who contract to usually MM or Nuance.  The Nuance offshoots come complete with your favorites, Nuance QA and FIESA, and if you make that change (from Nuance employee to IC with whichever of these fly-by-night "vendors" that is popping up - like popup shops really) you no longer are an employee, so not only do you get less pay (if you type 2000 lines per day at 3 cpl - which is very hard to do lately IMHO - you only would earn $60 for that day), you also forego life instuance, them taking out your SS and taxes, PTO, etc.

I began claiming unemployment and it is driving me crazy every day not working, I have spent years and years working sometimes 2 and 3 MT jobs, now only one but as we know lately Nuance has been a full time job just waiting for the work - by which I mean you sit there 12-14 hours a day just waiting for 1-3 hours' worth of work if you're lucky.

So it's hard, but really they should not be able to take away the employee status so easily. I would urge anyone who has been laid off to think carefully before they take one of those garbage IC positions. Check out UE, check out TAA, check out another employee position if you can find one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)