Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To the OP - On site employee forever

Posted: Apr 9th, 2018 - 8:28 pm In Reply to: Are there are any MTs interested in working in the office anymore? - MissMT

We didn't "all" get into this profession so that we could work at home. I started in transcription in the mid-1970s and nobody worked from home, that was never my reason for becoming an MT anyway. I know I'm an oddball, but later on I briefly worked at home and hated it. I'm no longer doing MT because my department was outsourced but I still work on site. I think that letting people go home to work was when MT started to go downhill. People were out of sight, out of mind, out of the loop for the most part and I think that is when professionalism fell by the wayside, people started having the mindset that they could work in their PJs and never needed to have human contact. I'm old school, but I always liked getting dressed up to go into the office. I'm not interested in the job you mention, but wanted to share. Now people covet on-site jobs but they are practically all gone. Sometimes they pay more, it depends on the salary structure. I worked a straight production job for years on site and did very well, they benefits are usually very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)