Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I think a lot of us are - sm

Posted: Apr 10th, 2018 - 8:57 am In Reply to: Are there are any MTs interested in working in the office anymore? - MissMT

I did not get into MT to work at home, but because I thought it was a good fit for me, and it was. That was 18 years ago. It just happened that I started as a subcontractor to an IC because no one else would hire me right out of school. Then I had my first child a year later, and I liked not having to pay for daycare and being home. On the other hand, there are few things harder than being a full-time "work-from-home" mom. It is absolutely nothing like being a "stay-at-home" mom, which is what a lot of people seem to think.

I went to work in a hospital when my kids were 8 or 9 and loved it. A few months later they outsourced us to MModal.

I am not close to retirement and I would love to be back in a hospital or office, but I love MT work. My impression is that just about everyone has outsourced or gone to Epic or a system of typing their own notes. I have had my eye on job listings for the past 2 years and only once have I seen an in-house transcription position and it was for a small clinic an hour away in the middle of the night on weekends.

If someone posted a decent in-house MT position with decent pay (dare I hope for benefits??) and even close to normal hours in my city, I would apply in a heartbeat, even if it meant working evenings or weekends for awhile.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)