Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It's ridiculous that the medical record format hasn't - been completely standardized.

Posted: Dec 15th, 2017 - 6:57 am In Reply to: This and that - roseisrose

I have a large healthcare account with multiple facilities and not only does EACH ONE have different requirements, they have different requirements for TYPES of reports (for instance, in an H and P the physical exam is supposed to be in one format but for a consult it's a different format) AND REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL DICTATORS!!

This is simply ridiculous and it carries a cost because it makes it necessary to train people on each account AND complicates the process of moving people between accounts in other ways as well as HIGHER QA COSTS.

The MTSOs should have pushed back on this a LONG TIME AGO. Each "requirement" represents another opportunity for "failure" - which means, of course, the risk of CLIENT TURNOVER.

How to push back? Simple. You charge one rate if the facility accepts your "generic format" and a much HIGHER RATE if the facility insists on promulgating all their own specifics.

Incidentally, another problem is that when records are transferred out of the system (say, you're treated at a facility out of town and out of your network), your records aren't in the format those doctors/nurses are used to, which carries a cost, and increases the possibility that something important might be missed because it's not presented in a standard way or found in a certain part of the record.

R I D I C U L O U S - and it's nothing more than a bunch of women - as most medical records directors are - defending their "turf" and refusing to cooperate. If this were a male-dominated industry this stupid situation would have been fixed a long time ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)