Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

This means help. There are many different - things they can help you with

Posted: Sep 16th, 2017 - 5:36 am In Reply to: What does this mean - Just Me

If you want to go to school, you can get UE while going to school. They will pay for schooling along with books. If you find another job, if it is making less than you made, they will pay you part of the difference. They will help you with health insurance, not sure on how much because I didn't have to use that option. If you have to move for a job, they will pay so much for relocating.

I chose the school option. Whatever you go to school for has to be a field that is somewhat in demand, basically they want you to be able to find another job so want you to take something you have a chance on finding a job. They will cover for enough time to get an Associate's degree.

I ended up finding a job a few classes before getting my degree that paid very well and at my age, I took it. I never really wanted to go to school but because I felt I was too old to compete with the young folks who already had degrees but it helped me financially and helped my brain to learn something new. Once you are in the school program, you are no longer held to having to look for a job but I was because I just wanted to work.

If for some reason I lose my current job, I at least have most of my credits and would not be eligible to finish through the program again, but would be less of a burden than paying for a whole degree.

You have to be very patient when filing for TAA/TRA. At first, I could not get anywhere with my state. When talking to the unemployment people, they seemed baffled by what the heck it was. I ended up talking to the Washington DC office and they directed me to the right people in my state. It was very frustrating but worked out after a period of time and I would definitely look into the program and good luck to all of you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)