Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

TAA response from TAA sponsored program - Just Me

Posted: Sep 15th, 2017 - 1:52 pm In Reply to: NUANCE TAA DECISION 85858 - badazmt

The Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program was established to assist workers who have lost their jobs due to foreign imports, or jobs shifting overseas. In order for you to be eligible for assistance under the TAA program, you must have been laid off from a company that has been certified as Trade Impacted by the US Department of Labor. I checked the USDOL website, and the only petition for Nuance that I found was denied on 6/6/2013. The reason for the denial was because there was not a significant number of workers that had become totally or partially separated, nor was there a significant number threatened with separation.

That being said, I would encourage you to consider filing a new petition, especially if you are aware that a number of individuals have been laid off. A petition can be filed by either a company official, or three workers, or a worker working in conjunction with the state workforce office. If you need assistance filing a petition, you can contact staff at your local workforce office.

TAA offers a number of benefits, including retraining, but can only serve clients under a certified TAA petition. If you don’t wish to pursue the TAA option, you may want to consider contacting your workforce office to inquire about the WIOA program. WIOA is another federal program that can assist dislocated workers in need of training.

Thank you,

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)