Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

All kinds of pain - Another example

Posted: Aug 20th, 2017 - 11:17 am In Reply to: unbelievable - wn

This is not MT related but I wanted to say that people do laugh at painful things where laughter seems inappropriate to others. My siblings and I grew up in a home with an abusive stepmother and my dad was an alcoholic. When we began sharing family secrets, the only way to Be able to talk about it was with laughter or to constantly cry. Yes it was inappropriate but it's a coping mechanism that a lot of people use. Working in high stress situations such as trauma wards or terminal care would trigger the same mechanism. People do what they need to do to get through the day. I'm not saying it's right to laugh at pain, but there are 2 sides to that coin and unless you've experienced that kind of personal trauma or know what someone else has to deal with at their job. I wouldn't be so quick to judge what you perceive as cruelly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)