Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

For hands-on clinical caregivers it is a human response - to a very difficult situation

Posted: Aug 17th, 2017 - 8:23 am In Reply to: In my experience - OldTimer

When called to a life and death situation, the hair stands up on your body, an electric feeling shoots through you and you have to be very sharp very fast.  Adrenaline.  This is part of why humans can do amazing things under enormous pressure.  Many patients have come back in a code blue because the people working on them are driven with amazing focus and willingness to go through this physical response repeatedly in order to be that person trying to help them.  When it's over, regardless of the outcome, your body must release some of that in order to move forward to the next patient.  Money is not enough to make people choose to go through this at any second on any day.  I have never worked in a hospital where I saw someone actually laughing at a patient's pain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)