Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I Have Laughed - Under Certain Circumstances

Posted: Aug 17th, 2017 - 8:05 am In Reply to: Question for seasoned MTs - please see message

I have never laughed when a patient was in pain, unless it was something "dumb" they did to cause it. I can't go into graphic details (it would be x-rated), but I used to do emergency room dictations, and the predicaments some people got themselves into during intimacy were downright comical. They always involved an object, sometimes requiring surgical removal and/or repair of a body part or organ (like the rectum, vagina or colon), and they embarrassingly had to call EMS as their last resort. Two come to mind off the top of my head, and both did not involve another partner.

As an aside, I have a close relative who is an R.N. and has been for years. The subject came up, and she says she has laughed (albeit inappropriately) to relieve extreme stress from the day-in day-out tragedies. She is a kind, sweet person.

I do believe it is inappropriate and unprofessional for healthcare professionals to discuss matters publicly, as in the elevator case.

Does anyone recall the old "Mary Tyler Moore" show where Mary was berating her work colleagues for making fun of Chuckles the Clown after he died doing a clown stunt, then Mary herself went into a hysterical laughing fit at the funeral?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)