Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Just my opinion - sm - MT2coder

Posted: Mar 4th, 2017 - 9:28 am In Reply to: medical coding - gracek

I can only speak for myself and my area of coding but I work for a 4-hospital conglomerate. Strength in numbers. One big hospital bought up 3 smaller ones. Anyway, we just got HUGE raises as coders so I know there are no plans coming to do away with the coders. We do have a coding service to help out but the vast majority of our work is done by staff employed by the health network.

I might also add that we also employ a huge staff of transcriptionists. They also have a service to help but obviously they found that keeping on-site staff is more beneficial.

I've seen what outsourced work in MT and also coding looks like so I seriously doubt all coding jobs are going down the tubes. Sad for MT but I do not believe it will happen for coding quickly or easily.

I find the naysayers do not have coding jobs of their own. And each situation is different. As in my case, it is doubtful to happen in the rest of my work life, thankfully, if ever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)