Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

How about people in their 70s? - Old MT

Posted: Mar 1st, 2017 - 11:11 pm In Reply to: I disagree completely with your premise. - sm

I can't live on Social Security alone and have been looking for a part-time job for almost a year now. I know the MT field is dead and have given up finding another job there, even with my 45 years of experience. Nobody wants to pay a living wage any more or pay for the years of experience that I have. I have tried looking at retail jobs, all of which require heavy lifting, Walmart which works their "part-time" people 39 hours, etc. I do live in a rural area with no family to help me and I cannot just pull up stakes and move to the "big city". It all costs money, which I do not have. All these people who say "just quit" have no idea what it is like to be my age and trying to start over in a new "career". I have never done anything in my life other than MT. Too old to go to school to learn some other field as well. I get so tired of these "know-it-alls" who just say "get another job." It is definitely NOT that easy, especially for someone my age.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)