Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 56)

There's so much wrong about your post that I don't - know where to begin.

Posted: Mar 2nd, 2017 - 12:04 am In Reply to: Without sounding mean-spirited - I am one of several

First, as I very clearly said, there are people who CANNOT change jobs. I mentioned older and disabled MTs. I could also have mentioned a mother who cannot take any job outside the home unless it pays enough to cover the huge added expense of daycare for her children. I could also have mentioned an MT who lives in a rural area where jobs are few to nonexistent.

Second, this bit about "free advice." Many professionals gladly share their knowledge on message boards, not only because they are helpful by nature, but also because it gives them exposure and not infrequently they get clients by doing so. I have a friend who's a real estate broker and participates on three different boards where she shares her knowledge about real estate, choosing the right home, the financing process, and much more. She's a very sharing person by nature, but she also has gotten a number of clients - both buyers and sellers - from her activity on those boards.

I would love to know the difference between getting "free information" in this way and attending a free seminar at the library, which they frequently host and invite experts to conduct.

Sheesh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)